Chris Rock Roasts The Current State Of Comedy, Says He Can't Say Anything Funny

most viewed right now
+29  62
83 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 months ago '07        #51
JamcnPrettyboy 103 heat pts103
space
space
$24,845 | Props total: 11171 11171
Yes you can

Most of America doesn't care about PC culture. Don't let a few fat white kids on social media make you thinl otherwise. Talk yo sh*t

3 months ago '17        #52
QdobaCasanova 12 heat pts12
space
space
$9,583 | Props total: 26992 26992
 regularjoe said
Sorry... I'm not responding to all this....

But... there's a HUGE difference between joking about s*xual a*sault, and committing s*xual a*sault. I don't see the slippery slope in that at all.

Trump is a hot button topic... the wall... which is in turn racism.... people still joke about that. Not ok? Or it's ok because most of us don't like Trump and the "job" he's doing?

I'm on a message board... discussing my opinion. That's what this ground is for. I'm not trying to "cancel" someone and if I don't want to respond to him (or people like him), then I won't. Which I stopped.

Your examples are reaches.
Louis CK jerked off in front of female comedians against their will. Did you forget about that?

That wasnt a joke; that was real life.

And the detractors of Trump aren’t going on mass murdering sprees; that’s the difference.

3 months ago '14        #53
cominup7 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,145 | Props total: 3375 3375
I'm hoping that the one silver lining in this pus*y PC era is that it'll bring on a new wave of comics who just dont give a fu*k about offending people AT ALL

At some point the SJWs are gonna cave
+2   

3 months ago '18        #54
Lord God 78 heat pts78
space
space
$4,652 | Props total: 22831 22831
 Tommy Bundy said
Why are you stuck on this school shooting thing?
The article says Chris Rock is referencing Louis CK

3 months ago '15        #55
DamianDragunov 
space
space
$10,968 | Props total: 29132 29132
 GodsFavorite said
Comedy doesn’t have to be offensive to be funny. Comedians who got by on lazy shock humor are just gonna have to work harder
“Offensive” is in the eye of the beholder. It’s only offensive to some.

The “chickencrossing the road” joke could be offensive to somebody.
+1   

3 months ago '15        #56
DamianDragunov 
space
space
 QdobaCasanova said
Louis CK jerked off in front of female comedians against their will. Did you forget about that?

That wasnt a joke; that was real life.

And the detractors of Trump aren’t going on mass murdering sprees; that’s the difference.

He asked for permission to jerk off in front of them. They said yes. They coulda left at any time.
+1   

3 months ago '16        #57
007imayeseekay 
space
space
$1,348 | Props total: 3003 3003
 Lord God said
I don't know. If comedians feel their comedy is being taken away from them because they can't make jokes about children being shot at, I'd say it's time to dig deep for some new material or retire.
These cats are just being drama queens...like Chris Rock.

Say what the fu*k you want & deal with whatever comes with it.
+1   

3 months ago '17        #58
space
space
 DamianDragunov said
He asked for permission to jerk off in front of them. They said yes. They coulda left at any time.
He didnt ask all the time and blocked the door on several occassions. A lot of them said nothing. Tacit consent isnt consent.

3 months ago '15        #59
DamianDragunov 
space
space
 QdobaCasanova said
He didnt ask all the time and blocked the door on several occassions. A lot of them said nothing. Tacit consent isnt consent.

Everything I heard from the comedians in the buisness was that he asked for permission first. They weren’t the people he usually hung with either. I haven’t really looked into the “official” story but it was more than one or two people who would know that Said it. Some of them women comedians and laughed at the whole thing of them acting like r*pe victims.

3 months ago '05        #60
agentspits.com 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,217 | Props total: 1289 1289
I feel like we're gonna experience a nice turn around, this sensitive sh*t is going too far, I know I ain't trying to live in a world that feels like it's meant only for kids. Do we need to make Internet A & Internet B (18 & Older) or some sh*t? This can only go on for so long because anyone can decide to be offended at anything if they simply don't like the person and want to try to "cancel" them.

Do people not understand life isn't all fun and games, eventually they gonna go through a million obstacles that make offensive jokes seem like childs play, and if they are conditioned to be treated like children then nobody is gonna be prepared to handle real life events. Jokes and words ain't sh*t, and a lot of this stuff is things people can AVOID but yet they choose to stick around just so they can complain and try to gang up and attack someone, but that same attack can come for them one day if they are successful at trying to fu*king censor everything. IDIOTS.

sh*ts pathetic.
+2   

3 months ago '17        #61
space
space
 DamianDragunov said
Everything I heard from the comedians in the buisness was that he asked for permission first. They weren’t the people he usually hung with either. I haven’t really looked into the “official” story but it was more than one or two people who would know that Said it. Some of them women comedians and laughed at the whole thing of them acting like r*pe victims.
Yeah, like Sarah Silverman, a fu*king ponce.

He’d say “hey can I jerk off in front of you”, people would usually laugh — and then he’d whip his d*ck out and block the door.

3 months ago '08        #62
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$43,181 | Props total: 33758 33758
 Tommy Bundy said
Overblown or real, the effects are very much real. People start with the fake outrage online and the next thing you know, someone is losing all that they've worked for. No one is concerned with whether the outrage is from real or fake social media accounts.
100%. My way of looking at the sh*t in regards to comedy is that the lady Patrice Oneal destroyed in that old Fox News clip sadly ended up winning that argument in the end

[video - click to view]

"everybody" aka the loudest voices on socials who @ official accounts all day until somebody gets fired or @ people who've been a*sociated with whoever that day's target is all day saying sh*t like "I thought you were an ally" to strong arm people into condemning folks.

These people aren't really changing anything for the better really because they're only concerned with celebrities. It's easy activism. Interactive tabloids.
+3   

3 months ago '17        #63
jbyudah 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,299 | Props total: 1829 1829
 justin747 said
It's happening.... The angry era from the 90s is coming back

whats the angry era?

3 months ago '17        #64
justin747 44 heat pts44
space
space
$11,965 | Props total: 56999 56999
 jbyudah said
whats the angry era?
When you could say sh*t like this on TV and not apologize

[video - click to view]

+3   

3 months ago '08        #65
Gmengfx 82 heat pts82
space
space
$13,118 | Props total: 2517 2517
 Lord God said
Disagree, and there's plenty of room between clean comedy and making fun of active shooter victims.
a comedian got kicked off stage for making a race joke last week....

race is the #1 thing to JOKE about... now they are trying to take that away. Stop defending this pus*y sh*t. It is not just a kid shooter

3 months ago '17        #66
jbyudah 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,299 | Props total: 1829 1829
 quarter said
I guess he got criticized for saying more white kids should get shot.
bro on everything, the most aggravating annoying thing in the world, is when "wyt people" maneuver around an entire point just to feel attacked

after about 30% of this video, im fairly sure the dude in it needs to have a coke and shut the fu*k up.

3 months ago '08        #67
Gmengfx 82 heat pts82
space
space
pathetic.. Cant believe we have BX members defending this.

3 months ago '18        #68
Boxedin101 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$1,607 | Props total: 4904 4904

[pic - click to view]

+1   

3 months ago '18        #69
Pastor Ra 53 heat pts53
space
space
space
$1,986 | Props total: 6992 6992
I'm not gonna cancel Chris Rock cuz I don't do none of that weird sh*t. If I don't fu*k with somebody's work, it's cuz it's trash and i'm not gonna campaign for everybody else to join me.

With that said, i'm not letting any of my peers, that aren't black, say n*gga around me like that. I got white friends and none of them have felt the need to do so or questioned it. The way Louis CK amd Ricky were laughing in that vid said a lot

3 months ago '08        #70
Gmengfx 82 heat pts82
space
space
 Pastor Ra said
I'm not gonna cancel Chris Rock cuz I don't do none of that weird sh*t. If I don't fu*k with somebody's work, it's cuz it's trash and i'm not gonna campaign for everybody else to join me.

With that said, i'm not letting any of my peers, that aren't black, say n*gga around me like that. I got white friends and none of them have felt the need to do so or questioned it. The way Louis CK amd Ricky were laughing in that vid said a lot
how come black people say no homo..

i think they should say no "h word"

same with f*g

"f word"

3 months ago '18        #71
Pastor Ra 53 heat pts53
space
space
space
$1,986 | Props total: 6992 6992
 Gmengfx said
how come black people say no homo..

i think they should say no "h word"

same with f*g

"f word"
I've never used any of these terms. When I was younger, I said "pause". Non black people be so tight that they can't say certain sh*t w/o consequences. For so long they got away with sh*t and times re changing and they hate it
+1   

3 months ago '14        #72
Swade009 76 heat pts76
space
space
space
$10,062 | Props total: 7482 7482
 Lord God said
No one's actually stopping a comedian from continuing though. Perhaps the people that like that humor should support the comedians enough that they stick around.

The problem you have though is that enough people are turning their backs on these comedians and they're disappearing. Maybe that's just the business... People are entertaining = you still have a job. The laughs stop, and you're done.
You're missing the point, Comedians have limited opprotunity because sponsors wont support them and their revenue stream goes down because of a minority.
+1   

3 months ago '18        #73
Lord God 78 heat pts78
space
space
 Swade009 said
You're missing the point, Comedians have limited opprotunity because sponsors wont support them and their revenue stream goes down because of a minority.
That's true, but when you accept endorsements, you're no longer speaking for just yourself. You're the face of a franchise... Don't like it, don't go that route.

3 months ago '04        #74
Young Fab 2 heat pts
space
space
$19,605 | Props total: 19597 19597
 Lord God said
That's true, but when you accept endorsements, you're no longer speaking for just yourself. You're the face of a franchise... Don't like it, don't go that route.
No offense but....... naw fu*k dat, be offended, the world was much better when people like you didn't have a voice.
+2   

3 months ago '18        #75
Lord God 78 heat pts78
space
space
 Young Fab said
No offense but....... naw fu*k dat, be offended, the world was much better when people like you didn't have a voice.
It's cool man.

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  43
OT Ladies and gents.... James Holzhauer - professional g..
37 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+48online now  33
Video inside WHEN THEY SEE US [Central Park Five Netflix Special]
94 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+41online now  27
Image(s) inside lillybangz
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+53online now  18
NBA My son went crazy again, leads team to 3 straight championships, 13 Game W..
38 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy