Chris Rock Roasts The Current State Of Comedy, Says He Can't Say Anything Funny

most viewed right now
+85  63
149 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '07        #51
JamcnPrettyboy 100 heat pts100
space
space
$24,330 | Props total: 9095 9095
Yes you can

Most of America doesn't care about PC culture. Don't let a few fat white kids on social media make you thinl otherwise. Talk yo sh*t

2 weeks ago '17        #52
QdobaCasanova 12 heat pts12
space
space
$8,142 | Props total: 22243 22243
 regularjoe said
Sorry... I'm not responding to all this....

But... there's a HUGE difference between joking about s*xual a*sault, and committing s*xual a*sault. I don't see the slippery slope in that at all.

Trump is a hot button topic... the wall... which is in turn racism.... people still joke about that. Not ok? Or it's ok because most of us don't like Trump and the "job" he's doing?

I'm on a message board... discussing my opinion. That's what this ground is for. I'm not trying to "cancel" someone and if I don't want to respond to him (or people like him), then I won't. Which I stopped.

Your examples are reaches.
Louis CK jerked off in front of female comedians against their will. Did you forget about that?

That wasnt a joke; that was real life.

And the detractors of Trump aren’t going on mass murdering sprees; that’s the difference.

2 weeks ago '14        #53
cominup7 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,050 | Props total: 3214 3214
I'm hoping that the one silver lining in this pus*y PC era is that it'll bring on a new wave of comics who just dont give a fu*k about offending people AT ALL

At some point the SJWs are gonna cave
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #54
Lord God 60 heat pts60
space
space
$3,945 | Props total: 18607 18607
 Tommy Bundy said
Why are you stuck on this school shooting thing?
The article says Chris Rock is referencing Louis CK

2 weeks ago '15        #55
DamianDragunov 
space
space
$10,207 | Props total: 27110 27110
 GodsFavorite said
Comedy doesn’t have to be offensive to be funny. Comedians who got by on lazy shock humor are just gonna have to work harder
“Offensive” is in the eye of the beholder. It’s only offensive to some.

The “chickencrossing the road” joke could be offensive to somebody.
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #56
DamianDragunov 
space
space
 QdobaCasanova said
Louis CK jerked off in front of female comedians against their will. Did you forget about that?

That wasnt a joke; that was real life.

And the detractors of Trump aren’t going on mass murdering sprees; that’s the difference.

He asked for permission to jerk off in front of them. They said yes. They coulda left at any time.
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #57
007imayeseekay 
space
space
$1,074 | Props total: 2327 2327
 Lord God said
I don't know. If comedians feel their comedy is being taken away from them because they can't make jokes about children being shot at, I'd say it's time to dig deep for some new material or retire.
These cats are just being drama queens...like Chris Rock.

Say what the fu*k you want & deal with whatever comes with it.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #58
space
space
 DamianDragunov said
He asked for permission to jerk off in front of them. They said yes. They coulda left at any time.
He didnt ask all the time and blocked the door on several occassions. A lot of them said nothing. Tacit consent isnt consent.

2 weeks ago '15        #59
DamianDragunov 
space
space
 QdobaCasanova said
He didnt ask all the time and blocked the door on several occassions. A lot of them said nothing. Tacit consent isnt consent.

Everything I heard from the comedians in the buisness was that he asked for permission first. They weren’t the people he usually hung with either. I haven’t really looked into the “official” story but it was more than one or two people who would know that Said it. Some of them women comedians and laughed at the whole thing of them acting like r*pe victims.

2 weeks ago '05        #60
agentspits.com 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,171 | Props total: 1120 1120
I feel like we're gonna experience a nice turn around, this sensitive sh*t is going too far, I know I ain't trying to live in a world that feels like it's meant only for kids. Do we need to make Internet A & Internet B (18 & Older) or some sh*t? This can only go on for so long because anyone can decide to be offended at anything if they simply don't like the person and want to try to "cancel" them.

Do people not understand life isn't all fun and games, eventually they gonna go through a million obstacles that make offensive jokes seem like childs play, and if they are conditioned to be treated like children then nobody is gonna be prepared to handle real life events. Jokes and words ain't sh*t, and a lot of this stuff is things people can AVOID but yet they choose to stick around just so they can complain and try to gang up and attack someone, but that same attack can come for them one day if they are successful at trying to fu*king censor everything. IDIOTS.

sh*ts pathetic.
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #61
space
space
 DamianDragunov said
Everything I heard from the comedians in the buisness was that he asked for permission first. They weren’t the people he usually hung with either. I haven’t really looked into the “official” story but it was more than one or two people who would know that Said it. Some of them women comedians and laughed at the whole thing of them acting like r*pe victims.
Yeah, like Sarah Silverman, a fu*king ponce.

He’d say “hey can I jerk off in front of you”, people would usually laugh — and then he’d whip his d*ck out and block the door.

2 weeks ago '08        #62
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$42,764 | Props total: 32207 32207
 Tommy Bundy said
Overblown or real, the effects are very much real. People start with the fake outrage online and the next thing you know, someone is losing all that they've worked for. No one is concerned with whether the outrage is from real or fake social media accounts.
100%. My way of looking at the sh*t in regards to comedy is that the lady Patrice Oneal destroyed in that old Fox News clip sadly ended up winning that argument in the end

[video - click to view]

"everybody" aka the loudest voices on socials who @ official accounts all day until somebody gets fired or @ people who've been a*sociated with whoever that day's target is all day saying sh*t like "I thought you were an ally" to strong arm people into condemning folks.

These people aren't really changing anything for the better really because they're only concerned with celebrities. It's easy activism. Interactive tabloids.
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #63
jbyudah 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,074 | Props total: 1430 1430
 justin747 said
It's happening.... The angry era from the 90s is coming back

whats the angry era?

2 weeks ago '17        #64
justin747 37 heat pts37
space
space
$9,003 | Props total: 43790 43790
 jbyudah said
whats the angry era?
When you could say sh*t like this on TV and not apologize

[video - click to view]

+3   

2 weeks ago '08        #65
Gmengfx 81 heat pts81
space
space
$13,002 | Props total: 2240 2240
 Lord God said
Disagree, and there's plenty of room between clean comedy and making fun of active shooter victims.
a comedian got kicked off stage for making a race joke last week....

race is the #1 thing to JOKE about... now they are trying to take that away. Stop defending this pus*y sh*t. It is not just a kid shooter

2 weeks ago '17        #66
jbyudah 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,074 | Props total: 1430 1430
 quarter said
I guess he got criticized for saying more white kids should get shot.
bro on everything, the most aggravating annoying thing in the world, is when "wyt people" maneuver around an entire point just to feel attacked

after about 30% of this video, im fairly sure the dude in it needs to have a coke and shut the fu*k up.

2 weeks ago '08        #67
Gmengfx 81 heat pts81
space
space
pathetic.. Cant believe we have BX members defending this.

2 weeks ago '18        #68
Boxedin101 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$1,056 | Props total: 3238 3238

[pic - click to view]

+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #69
Pastor Ra 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$1,162 | Props total: 3726 3726
I'm not gonna cancel Chris Rock cuz I don't do none of that weird sh*t. If I don't fu*k with somebody's work, it's cuz it's trash and i'm not gonna campaign for everybody else to join me.

With that said, i'm not letting any of my peers, that aren't black, say n*gga around me like that. I got white friends and none of them have felt the need to do so or questioned it. The way Louis CK amd Ricky were laughing in that vid said a lot

2 weeks ago '08        #70
Gmengfx 81 heat pts81
space
space
 Pastor Ra said
I'm not gonna cancel Chris Rock cuz I don't do none of that weird sh*t. If I don't fu*k with somebody's work, it's cuz it's trash and i'm not gonna campaign for everybody else to join me.

With that said, i'm not letting any of my peers, that aren't black, say n*gga around me like that. I got white friends and none of them have felt the need to do so or questioned it. The way Louis CK amd Ricky were laughing in that vid said a lot
how come black people say no homo..

i think they should say no "h word"

same with f*g

"f word"

2 weeks ago '18        #71
Pastor Ra 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$1,162 | Props total: 3726 3726
 Gmengfx said
how come black people say no homo..

i think they should say no "h word"

same with f*g

"f word"
I've never used any of these terms. When I was younger, I said "pause". Non black people be so tight that they can't say certain sh*t w/o consequences. For so long they got away with sh*t and times re changing and they hate it
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #72
Swade009 70 heat pts70
space
space
space
$9,491 | Props total: 6537 6537
 Lord God said
No one's actually stopping a comedian from continuing though. Perhaps the people that like that humor should support the comedians enough that they stick around.

The problem you have though is that enough people are turning their backs on these comedians and they're disappearing. Maybe that's just the business... People are entertaining = you still have a job. The laughs stop, and you're done.
You're missing the point, Comedians have limited opprotunity because sponsors wont support them and their revenue stream goes down because of a minority.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #73
Lord God 60 heat pts60
space
space
 Swade009 said
You're missing the point, Comedians have limited opprotunity because sponsors wont support them and their revenue stream goes down because of a minority.
That's true, but when you accept endorsements, you're no longer speaking for just yourself. You're the face of a franchise... Don't like it, don't go that route.

2 weeks ago '04        #74
Young Fab 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,729 | Props total: 17274 17274
 Lord God said
That's true, but when you accept endorsements, you're no longer speaking for just yourself. You're the face of a franchise... Don't like it, don't go that route.
No offense but....... naw fu*k dat, be offended, the world was much better when people like you didn't have a voice.
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #75
Lord God 60 heat pts60
space
space
 Young Fab said
No offense but....... naw fu*k dat, be offended, the world was much better when people like you didn't have a voice.
It's cool man.

Home      

most viewed right now
+69online now  32
Image(s) inside Lil thick Maryland joint 30 mins away I might gotta shoot that shot ya..
291 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+169online now  27
Video inside 6 Money Traps to avoid in your 30s.
108 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+82online now  25
Video inside I dont care how famous you are. If you are under 45 with full veneers y..
151 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+35online now  21
Video inside You're 16 and find your teachers IG (this IG) ... What do?
77 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+77online now  8
YOOO IMAN SHUMPERT had THR*ESOME wit his WIFE & P0RN STAR & got P0RNSTAR PREGN..
162 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+147online now  6
Image(s) inside Texas homeowner, 20, shoots & kills three men and injures 2 more while..
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  6
Jan 22 - Most Israelis don’t want non-Jewish migrants, even if they are highly..
113 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  4
Jan 22 - WTF? Man forces flight attendant to wipe is booty
40 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy