Box Office: Crazy Rich Asians #1 With $25M

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 months ago '06        #51
Skateboard T 46 heat pts46
space
space
$24,076 | Props total: 34090 34090
 CheapWomenOkay said
All anime characters look like white people. I don't care if they Japanese names and live in Japan or not. I've never confused no damn Asian in my life for somebody white. It's not humanly possible. Asians have a distinct look. Jet black hair and slant eyes. If want to call that racist, thats ridiculous. But no damn anime character looks even remotely Japanese, let alone Asian with Asian features.

Example: My Hero Academia- All the heroes have Japanese names, born in Japan, but they all look white! You mean to tell me they're all Japanese/Asian? LOL!
yeah you have a vast misunderstanding of the largest continent in the world and the many different races and cultures that inhabit it.

CheapWomenOkay said
Then why not draw characters that look like you? The only reason Anime is so popular worldwide is because the characters look white.
Mixed-roots japanese are very common these days, not to mention that most japanese folks have "white" skin tones. The only reason westerners don't see it as white is because other ehtno-characteristics that signal "asian" in our minds such as epicanthic eye folds or straight dark hair.

Further...uh....they're fu*kin cartoons dog.

Last edited by Skateboard T; 08-20-2018 at 09:01 AM..

5 months ago '06        #52
Skateboard T 46 heat pts46
space
space
$24,076 | Props total: 34090 34090
 Mtyjoejnblkblnd said
you obviously don't know how anime works then loser. Japanese people do not see the characters they create as "white looking". that is something westerners come up with.

Good read.

Most Japanese folks have the same skin tones as white folks anyway.

Dudes in here really trying to act like Shonen anime is going to provide nuanced takes on culture and race in the global community

5 months ago '09        #53
Jacc Blacc 59 heat pts59
space
space
$26,634 | Props total: 11606 11606
 Kingme said
Maybe now we can get Anime movies starring people that are at least of Asian decent
bro fu*k all that

just put out anime movies, fu*k all that live action sh*t

plus look at most animes, you think goku looks asian? sh*t my hero academia has a buimnch of white charcters, the asians dont even draw their charcters as asians, sailor moon like like a bi*ch from calabasis

5 months ago '05        #54
Flatbush85 63 heat pts63
space
space
$15,293 | Props total: 4239 4239
Japanese animation was inspired heavily by American animation in particular stuff by Matt Fleischer and Walt Disney. Osamu Tezuka considered the godfather of manga has stated that American animation is what he grew up with. Look at Betty Boop, Popeye, etc. Alot of those manga artists looked at those cartoons the same way we idolize DBZ, Gundam, Naruto etc. The influence just bled into their work. So when you say they all look white, yea they may but its most likely because they were influenced by a western style from the start.

5 months ago '05        #55
Sluggernaut 24 heat pts24
space
space
$25,622 | Props total: 8387 8387
 CheapWomenOkay said
Why do black people cape so hard for Asians? They're the biggest white worshippers on the planet. Outside of Afro-Samurai, they damn sure don't make no black characters in any of their anime shows. Yet blacks cape for them still as if anime shows are people of color cartoons. Lol. Attack on Titan, Berserk, Castlevania, all white European.
Foh, I donít cape for white people wtf you talking about?

5 months ago '14        #56
Ivorypillars 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,474 | Props total: 19888 19888
Yall do realize anime characters arent supposed to be realistic likenesses to actual people right?

Can you really not think of any other reasons an animator might stylize a feature like big eyes apart from ďto make them look like white peopleĒ

5 months ago '17        #57
Petieparker 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,277 | Props total: 7316 7316
 Chesters said
n*ggas the only people who don't support their own
I get so tired of this statement here. And wasnít you the one bi*ching when black ppl went out to go see Black Panther in droves anyway?

5 months ago '04        #58
all3rd 1086 heat pts1086
space
space
$92,410 | Props total: 26437 26437
Canít front one of the better films this year and my girl Awkawfina k*lls it.

[video - click to view]

+1   

5 months ago '04        #59
all3rd 1086 heat pts1086
space
space
$92,410 | Props total: 26437 26437
The chick from that AMC show ďHumansĒ is also in it
+1   

3 weeks ago '05        #60
Arceo 20 heat pts20
space
space
space
$2,321 | Props total: 954 954
 Left Hook said
All the Asians I know bond with black people.

I canít speak for the older generation, but I know younger people of colour are supporting each other more and more.

Iím Asian and two of my groomsmen are black, the other two being Asian (bro and cousin)
they your friends so they can smash some of your cousins/cousins friends . sh*t aint that hard to figure out bros

3 weeks ago '04        #61
UF4Soldier 136 heat pts136
space
space
$20,863 | Props total: 12273 12273
 Kingme said
Maybe now we can get Anime movies starring people that are at least of Asian decent
Bruh they wanna be white. They would never draw anime characters looking Asian lol
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #62
Oceans 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,106 | Props total: 3457 3457
asians saw how black went ham when the movie came out so they did the same..

2 weeks ago '17        #63
Drewsmit 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,901 | Props total: 5220 5220
 br82186 said
Shout out to them. Intrigued to see how they can follow this up.
Shooting 2 and 3 back to back

Solid flick but they picked the whitest Asians
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #64
Hellmatic 2 heat pts
space
space
$20,105 | Props total: 25511 25511
What the fu*k was this movie about? That title

I remember seeing the poster in the theaters like this sh*t gotta be stupid

2 weeks ago '15        #65
Hellmatic 2 heat pts
space
space
$20,105 | Props total: 25511 25511
 UF4Soldier said
Bruh they wanna be white. They would never draw anime characters looking Asian lol
No other race goes so hard for perserving their as much as possible as Asians do. Umbrellas, bleaching creams, limiting their time on the sun, when they come to the states they get typical names. Their friends and a*sociates are mostly too sh*t is ridiculous. I'm surprised this isn't brought up more in this climate...
+3   

2 weeks ago '14        #66
Dolewhip 
space
space
space
$2,696 | Props total: 4753 4753
 Hellmatic said
No other race goes so hard for perserving their as much as possible as Asians do. Umbrellas, bleaching creams, limiting their time on the sun, when they come to the states they get typical names. Their friends and a*sociates are mostly too sh*t is ridiculous. I'm surprised this isn't brought up more in this climate...
You don't understand Asian culture. All that is because they view darker skin as poorer, which is bad. Dark skin means you're out in the sun, meaning you work in the fields and are poor. While a lot of Asian people DO want to be white, the "lighter skin = better" culture isn't rooted in that.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #67
UF4Soldier 136 heat pts136
space
space
$20,863 | Props total: 12273 12273
 Hellmatic said
Nothing but truth
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #68
Sluggernaut 24 heat pts24
space
space
$25,622 | Props total: 8387 8387
 Dolewhip said
You don't understand Asian culture. All that is because they view darker skin as poorer, which is bad. Dark skin means you're out in the sun, meaning you work in the fields and are poor. While a lot of Asian people DO want to be white, the "lighter skin = better" culture isn't rooted in that.
Fuccin idiots I swear. I get made fun of for being light skinned Asian. Truth is I burn like a lil bi*ch. Iím fully clothed in the spring/summer and walk around in tanks in fall/winter.

Plus I was born with a light sensitivity in my eyes so Iím always out of the sun or wearing sunglasses when they ainít no sun out.

2 weeks ago '07        #69
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,073 | Props total: 5353 5353
 Mtyjoejnblkblnd said

better?

also

the godfather of anime took inspiration from disney, so that also played a factor.
Lol I do find it hilariously ironic that his main complaint is a blog used as a source... and you gave him another blog.

That being said. It's takes quite a suspension of logic to say "Even though they look white... they're not white. Even though they are." They can get away with that in Japan because they're not nearly as diverse and. I mean I get it. I'm half creole. My grandmother looked like a white woman and let you know how wrong you were when you called her one. I get it though. Anime charactersare blank slates. Weird people just happen to look like blank slates

But if I write a book in NY about an alien landing. And draw him to look racially ambiguous like Pete Davidson... that Alien is not an American because he was drawn in America by an American. And then expect them to cast Idris Elba as the lead just because I'm black. That's some different sh*t the Japanese do.

While not being drawn white intentionally... they are being drawn white. Where are the stats where everyone else looks at anime? I bet asians say they're asian. And literally everyone else says they're white. That's a deviation

Also... respectfully that the article about the father of Anime basing his stuff on Walt Disney.. actually helps his argument... because based on what we know about Walt Disney... he def drew them white

Last edited by Optimus Crime; 01-10-2019 at 11:56 PM..

2 weeks ago '16        #70
Menosay 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,383 | Props total: 6479 6479
Buncha fgts crying in here

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+171online now  32
Video inside 6 Money Traps to avoid in your 30s.
109 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+69online now  29
Image(s) inside Lil thick Maryland joint 30 mins away I might gotta shoot that shot ya..
292 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+35online now  28
Video inside You're 16 and find your teachers IG (this IG) ... What do?
78 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+80online now  18
Image(s) inside Ku'ualoha
59 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+147online now  11
Image(s) inside Texas homeowner, 20, shoots & kills three men and injures 2 more while..
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+82online now  9
Video inside I dont care how famous you are. If you are under 45 with full veneers y..
152 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  7
Jan 22 - Most Israelis donít want non-Jewish migrants, even if they are highly..
113 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+77online now  6
YOOO IMAN SHUMPERT had THR*ESOME wit his WIFE & P0RN STAR & got P0RNSTAR PREGN..
162 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy