Los Angeles Prepared to Convert Hollywood Sound Stages Into Hospitals

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

3 days ago '18        #1
78 page views
2 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
space
space
Props total: 36643 36 K  Slaps total: 1908 1 K
Los Angeles Prepared to Convert Hollywood Sound Stages Into Hospitals

"As the seriousness of the situation around the world due to COVID-19 outbreaks increases, some cities are considering the emergency measures they will have to take.

With the risk of the city hospital system being overrun, Los Angeles Mayor Garcetti said that the city is looking at all options when it comes to housing the sick patients suffering from coronavirus. This includes empty theaters and Hollywood sound stages.

Garcetti confirmed that some representatives from studios have reached out about the possibility of using soundstage. He also noted that they would be ideal locations since "sound stages have their own ventilation" and "they could be [used to hang] medical equipment."

It is unclear at the moment which studios have reached out, and indeed if the city will need the emergency space at all. In a scenario where such a thing was necessary, all of the major studios (Disney, Fox, Warner Bros., NBCUniversal Pictures, Sony and Paramount Pictures) maintain soundstages around the city. All of these soundstages are currently closed due to the state's work-from-home orders.

L.A. County Department of Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer said that Los Angeles has not yet seen a surge in patients similar to the situation in other cities, but that it would be "foolish" to not prepare for the worst.

https://www.cbr.com/los-a .. ges-hospitals/

best
worst
2 comments

2 days ago '04        #2
Mike T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 42082 42 K  Slaps total: 6238 6 K
sh*t my n*ggas
Gaaaaaawwd Daammmmnn. Motherfu*king same place you filmed Place La La Land was filmed about to filled up with corpses. really about to be a World War Z country. I'm talking about the massive amount of just dead dieng off human species bodies that's about to be pilled up. I'm sure it will be kept very modern & respectful. But we as a civilization are getting our population reset. Just like the past civilizations with the Spanish flu & Black Plague...

Now I know why the structure of Paris is built on skeletons, they had no more room to keep the fu*king skeletons.

This is going to be a 2020 Universal Studio's lot my n*ggas

.200million humans got bodied from the Bubonic plague. Rats almost conquered all of Europe as the dominant mammals.....sh*t is deep when you line us up with other mammals as we are. At least us with kids will know this. There will be a cure all vaccine in the year 2100. Just like we have right now for the Flu & Bubonic plague. .......BOXDEN posting historical events about sh*t that happened. Just be prepared to ride sh*t out & this planet will never be the same again. Documentaries & Jaden Smith XVI will be starring in thrillers about this sh*t. This sour diesel made me go deep

2 days ago '17        #3
dubsax 
space
space
Props total: 36064 36 K  Slaps total: 3241 3 K
no sound stages in hollywood
most are in culver city
disney is burbank

its actually a good idea because most of the majors are spread throughout the county

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-55online now  34
Folks In China Don't Want Black Men In Their Country Because They Believe
198 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  28
Video inside Trav Tells The REAL Reason Why 50 Threw Yayo In The Bushes, Fell Out w/..
249 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+24online now  22
Video inside Da Brat receives a New Bentley from her Fiance Big Booty judy!
221 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  11
Image(s) inside The Dream vs Sean Garrett Tonight 8PM EST!!
152 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy