Will the dealerships get more desperate?

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

1 week ago '12        #1
305 page views
18 comments

HeightsBound  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 16582 16 K  Slaps total: 2066 2 K
Will the dealerships get more desperate?

Been shopping the Ford Explorer ST for quite some time now to upgrade the family car from a Nissan Rouge. Right now Ford is doing 0% for 84 months (yes my credit score is in the 820’s), they will pay 3 months of the car note, then have 3 additional months deferred.

In your opinion, or perhaps there are “expert recommendations” out there, should I keep waiting them out for a potential desperate price cut to go along with the promotion they have now?

+2   

best
worst
18 comments

1 week ago '04        #2
JayR04 
space
space
Props total: 10423 10 K  Slaps total: 558 558
I don't eem know. I heard all dealers and factories were closing. Not good for negotiating if supply is low. Wouldn't hurt to try though.

I wouldn't mind a Stang gt as a 3rd car
+2   

1 week ago '12        #3
HeightsBound  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
space
space
 JayR04 said
I don't eem know. I heard all dealers and factories were closing. Not good for negotiating if supply is low. Wouldn't hurt to try though.

I wouldn't mind a Stang gt as a 3rd car
You right about the factories. But these dealerships wouldn’t want to go back to “normal” months later with the same inventory from March is my thinking.

1 week ago '12        #4
bpw5009 
space
space
Props total: 351 351  Slaps total: 11 11
 HeightsBound said
Been shopping the Ford Explorer ST for quite some time now to upgrade the family car from a Nissan Rouge. Right now Ford is doing 0% for 84 months (yes my credit score is in the 820’s), they will pay 3 months of the car note, then have 3 additional months deferred.

In your opinion, or perhaps there are “expert recommendations” out there, should I keep waiting them out for a potential desperate price cut to go along with the promotion they have now?

I work for Ford and the zero for 84 months is on 19 models that picture is a 20 ST. But rates are super low right now so now would be a good time to make a move if you have the means to do so. My store closed for 30 days today, work in NJ
+4   

1 week ago '12        #5
space
space
 bpw5009 said
I work for Ford and the zero for 84 months is on 19 models that picture is a 20 ST. But rates are super low right now so now would be a good time to make a move if you have the means to do so. My store closed for 30 days today, work in NJ
Ahhh damn so this doesn’t go for the 2020 models? On my local Ford’s website when you click the ad for the promo to shop these come up. Why would your dealership close? Dealerships are a means of transportation and transportation is considered essential. Any talks of slashing prices after a certain period of time?

1 week ago '12        #6
space
space
 bpw5009 said
 HeightsBound said
Ahhh damn so this doesn’t go for the 2020 models? On my local Ford’s website when you click the ad for the promo to shop these come up. Why would your dealership close? Dealerships are a means of transportation and transportation is considered essential. Any talks of slashing prices after a certain period of time?
This image below takes me to the 2020 ST and the fine print says 2020 models as well....

1 week ago '12        #7
bpw5009 
space
space
 HeightsBound said
They deem service and parts essential, sales which I am in not so much. Dealers all over the NE part of the country are closing sales and I a*sume that is the case in most places. If it hasnt happened yet its probably coming. Yea 84mo at 0% is 19 models only. Dont really know what pricing will be we get everything month to month. April program should be out the first or second of the month.
+1   

1 week ago '12        #8
bpw5009 
space
space
 HeightsBound said
This image below takes me to the 2020 ST and the fine print says 2020 models as well....

Yea the 3 month deferred payment is on 20, but look at what you posted. Says 19 models excluding super duty right under the picture 2nd line.

Last edited by bpw5009; 03-21-2020 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Left info out
+1   

1 week ago '12        #9
space
space
 bpw5009 said
They deem service and parts essential, sales which I am in not so much. Dealers all over the NE part of the country are closing sales and I a*sume that is the case in most places. If it hasnt happened yet its probably coming. Yea 84mo at 0% is 19 models only. Dont really know what pricing will be we get everything month to month. April program should be out the first or second of the month.
Thanks for information brother. Sorry they sent you home man. Hopefully this will be over soon.
+2   

1 week ago '17        #10
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 107789 107 K  Slaps total: 11676 11 K
 HeightsBound said

Why not lease? Enjoy this bi*ch for 3 years then give it back.

Everything is slowly going electric. 7 years is a loooooong time now in car years. This car is gonna have next to no value in 2027
+1   

1 week ago '12        #11
space
space
 justin747 said
Why not lease? Enjoy this bi*ch for 3 years then give it back.

Everything is slowly going electric. 7 years is a loooooong time now in car years. This car is gonna have next to no value in 2027
We not into having the latest and greatest. When we purchase vehicles we are in it for the long haul.

Purchased an ‘03 Galant in ‘04 and had it for 10 years.

My wife had a ‘04 Ford Escape and she kept it for 10 years as well.
+2   

1 week ago '17        #12
space
space
 HeightsBound said
We not into having the latest and greatest. When we purchase vehicles we are in it for the long haul.

Purchased an ‘03 Galant in ‘04 and had it for 10 years.

My wife had a ‘04 Ford Escape and she kept it for 10 years as well.
The early 2000s were a different time. Cars are depreciating like i iPhones these days.

It's not really about latest and greatest. I don't know where you live, but I'm in California. Everything here is going electric and it's likely gonna be like that everywhere, especially after all this corona sh*t. Gas is gonna be expensive as all fu*k in 7 years and this car will have next to no trade in or resale value.

No wrong answer so you gotta do what's best for you at the end of the day so you can ignore me, but $500 a month for 84 months seems tough.
+2   

1 week ago '12        #13
space
space
 justin747 said
The early 2000s were a different time. Cars are depreciating like i iPhones these days.

It's not really about latest and greatest. I don't know where you live, but I'm in California. Everything here is going electric and it's likely gonna be like that everywhere, especially after all this corona sh*t. Gas is gonna be expensive as all fu*k in 7 years and this car will have next to no trade in or resale value.

No wrong answer so you gotta do what's best for you at the end of the day so you can ignore me, but $500 a month for 84 months seems tough.
But the leasing stuff keeps us in a circle of lifetime car payments, which is something we don’t want. You thinking lease now then get into a loan? Or you suggest lease all the time?
+2   

1 week ago '17        #14
space
space
 HeightsBound said
But the leasing stuff keeps us in a circle of lifetime car payments, which is something we don’t want. You thinking lease now then get into a loan? Or you suggest lease all the time?
Owning a car is a circle of lifetime car payments. When you pay this off you're gonna have to keep it in working condition. Once the warranty is over those fees are on you.

There is no wrong answer. You can do whatever you choose at the end of the lease. It's just a 3 year investment instead of 8

Just throwing it out there as an option cause 7 years is a loooooong time to be making payment. I just finished a 6 year loan that I paid off in 4.5 years and that sh*t felt like forever. I was doubling up just trying to get that sh*t over with
+4   

6 days ago '17        #15
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 84681 84 K  Slaps total: 5231 5 K
If they want to offer me $20-30k off of an E63 or RS6 wagon and offer me $65-70k for my CTS-V I might just have to pull the trigger.

+1   

5 days ago '19        #16
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 14366 14 K  Slaps total: 3859 3 K
 HeightsBound said

My brother-in-law works at a dealership and he's not laid off, but his income is sales based and the state shut down non-essential businesses.
I know dealers are going to be incentivized to sell cars because people are worried about the economy and may hold off on a big-ticket purchase.
I think you may have an edge to getting a deal on a sale right now.
+2   

4 days ago '04        #17
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
Props total: 1375 1 K  Slaps total: 273 273
84 month payment. Jesus christ. You want to pay a 7 year note? Wtf

3 days ago '12        #18
space
space
Prices ain’t getting cut yet

3 days ago '18        #19
Dnyce215 
space
space
Props total: 2229 2 K  Slaps total: 193 193
 HeightsBound said
You right about the factories. But these dealerships wouldn’t want to go back to “normal” months later with the same inventory from March is my thinking.
Hit button on accident

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-52online now  34
Folks In China Don't Want Black Men In Their Country Because They Believe
193 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  25
Video inside Trav Tells The REAL Reason Why 50 Threw Yayo In The Bushes, Fell Out w/..
246 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+24online now  23
Video inside Da Brat receives a New Bentley from her Fiance Big Booty judy!
215 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  7
Hassan Campbell robbed!!!!
73 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy