cable cartel mafia...temporary response to the coronavirus boogeyman

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

2 weeks ago '09        #1
1959 page views
13 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
space
space
Props total: 159845 159 K  Slaps total: 19664 19 K
cable cartel mafia...temporary response to the coronavirus boogeyman

visit this link https://www.consumerrepor .. nected-pledge/

What's Your Internet Service Provider Doing?

Altice

The company is offering its Altice Advantage 30 Mbps broadband service free for 60 days to any new residential customer currently without Internet access. According to the FCC, 25Mbps and above classifies as high-speed.

AT&T

The company says it will suspend data caps for its fixed internet service. It also offers a $10-a-month Access from AT&T program for qualifying low-income households

Charter Spectrum

The ISP will offer free Spectrum broadband and WiFi access for 60 days to households with students in kindergarten through 12th grade or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps. The installation fees will be waived for new student households. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395.

For eligible low-income households without school-aged children, Charter offers Spectrum Internet a*sist, a low-cost broadband program delivering speeds of 30 Mbps. Spectrum does not have data caps or hidden fees.

Comcast

Comcast will offer new residential customers who qualify its $9.95-per-month Internet Essentials program free for 60 days. The company says it will boost its internet service speeds from 15/2 Mbps to 25/3 Mbps, which qualifies the service as high-speed broadband under FCC guidelines. Comcast also will suspend data caps for 60 days and refrain from disconnecting service or charging late fees for customers who contact the company regarding overdue payments.

Cox Internet

Starting Monday, new customers can receive a free month of internet service in the company's Connect2Compete plan, available to qualified low-income households for $9.95 a month. The company is also fast tracking the application process to get families connected more quickly.

Cox will make its Complete Care support program free to all residential customers who have technical issues or need a*sistance installing features like education software or teleconferencing. The company is going to increase internet speeds from 25/3 Mbps to 50/3 Mbps for 60 days for the Starter, StraightUp Internet, and Connect2Compete packages, and speed up the implementation of a 50Mbps upgrade for users of Cox's Essentials service. That upgrade had been scheduled for later in the year.

Sparklight

The company says it's making unlimited data available on all internet services and waiving late fees for the next 30 days. Customers can call to arrange payment deferrals, Sparklight adds.

T-Mobile

The company has no data cap for its home internet service. All current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile wireless customers who have cell phone plans with data will be granted unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming). They'll also recieve an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot/tethering service for those two months. The company is working to provide Lifeline low-income customers with up to 5GB of free data per month over the next two months.

Verizon

The company recently increased speeds at no extra cost on some mid-tier FIOS services, bumping the 100 Mbps tier to 200 Mbps and the 200 Mbps tier to 300 Mbps. The company reports that it places no data caps on its home internet broadband services. Verizon also offers a low-cost Lifeline plan for qualified families
+2   

best
worst
13 comments

2 weeks ago '17        #2
Cronion2415  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 6518 6 K  Slaps total: 429 429

2 weeks ago '15        #3
GusMan 
space
space
space
Props total: 870 870  Slaps total: 126 126
�� it don’t matter how much you make, if you can’t work you can’t work and these measly $10 off ain’t gonna do sh*t. They ain’t trying to give out any free bills.
+10   

2 weeks ago '14        #4
titans7 
space
space
Props total: 35827 35 K  Slaps total: 6276 6 K
These banks need to waive that monthly maintenance fee since they know people are out here not getting to work and get paid. With so much online shopping and people needing to use the bank card, debit card to order food and other products instead of cash they need to at least consider the monthly maintenance fee for a month or two. They still get paid from atm transactions, using our money for investments and other things so its not like they don't make money at all while this is going on.
+5   

2 weeks ago '19        #5
Rudboi 
space
space
space
Props total: 1870 1 K  Slaps total: 313 313
it must suck to be one of the million of Americans that live paycheck to paycheck. I work with people who tell me they are unable to use their sick days no matter how sick they get because they can’t afford to miss out on the money. If everything shuts down for a couple of weeks a lot of people are gunna be fu*ked up.
+8   

2 weeks ago '16        #6
Lamel2g 
space
space
Props total: 12741 12 K  Slaps total: 1530 1 K
Mortgage payments, Cable, Cell Phone, credit card and energy bills should all be waived for the month of April. At the very least all late fee’s for any bill should be waived. If we have to choose between food or paying a bill we are buying food.
+5   

2 weeks ago '19        #7
Rudboi 
space
space
space
Props total: 1870 1 K  Slaps total: 313 313
 titans7 said
These banks need to waive that monthly maintenance fee since they know people are out here not getting to work and get paid. With so much online shopping and people needing to use the bank card, debit card to order food and other products instead of cash they need to at least consider the monthly maintenance fee for a month or two. They still get paid from atm transactions, using our money for investments and other things so its not like they don't make money at all while this is going on.
In recent years I feel like Iím the last n*gga on earth that uses cash. I keep a little money in the bank just in case but for the most part all my transactions are cash. People look at me like Iím some sort of weirdo or suspicious criminal for always using cash but people who give all their hard earned money to the bank and pay all these atm fees and service fees are not too bright and they will be sh*t out of luck when the bank starts telling people they canít give them their money. #CashIsKing

+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #8
HeightsBound  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 16582 16 K  Slaps total: 2066 2 K
Damn, Frontier in ghost mode for real.
+1   

2 weeks ago '13        #9
Commission 
space
space
Props total: 65663 65 K  Slaps total: 11337 11 K
Spectrum some thieves

2 weeks ago '09        #10
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20 OP
space
space
Props total: 159845 159 K  Slaps total: 19664 19 K
 HeightsBound said
Damn, Frontier in ghost mode for real.

there bankrupt

Frontier has a total of over $17 billion in debt compared to negative $4.103 billion total shareholder equity as of September 30 after $6.383 billion in goodwill was written-off last year

what the hell is goodwill debt write off that $6.4 billion will be passed down to the amaerican people as usual smh. if any regular person pulled that scheme the irs would conduct a ruthless witch hunt

2 weeks ago '12        #11
HeightsBound  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 16582 16 K  Slaps total: 2066 2 K
 messy marv stan said
there bankrupt

Frontier has a total of over $17 billion in debt compared to negative $4.103 billion total shareholder equity as of September 30 after $6.383 billion in goodwill was written-off last year

what the hell is goodwill debt write off that $6.4 billion will be passed down to the amaerican people as usual smh. if any regular person pulled that scheme the irs would conduct a ruthless witch hunt
Damn bro, thanks for this. I had no idea. I had Verizon FIOS, then Frontier bought them out in my area, now I guess I’m getting yet another cable provider.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #12
THExTAKEOVER 
space
space
space
Props total: 2802 2 K  Slaps total: 393 393
FiOS is King!!!

2 weeks ago '06        #13
debo160 
space
space
space
Props total: 463 463  Slaps total: 57 57
 Rudboi said
In recent years I feel like I’m the last n*gga on earth that uses cash. I keep a little money in the bank just in case but for the most part all my transactions are cash. People look at me like I’m some sort of weirdo or suspicious criminal for always using cash but people who give all their hard earned money to the bank and pay all these atm fees and service fees are not too bright and they will be sh*t out of luck when the bank starts telling people they can’t give them their money. #CashIsKing

IF this thing gets fu*ked up and your bank closes them boys with cash always survive. And in a trying times everything sells for cheap.
+3   

6 days ago '05        #14
P DRILLA 
space
space
Props total: 16804 16 K  Slaps total: 565 565
xfinity

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  36
Video inside Trav Tells The REAL Reason Why 50 Threw Yayo In The Bushes, Fell Out w/..
248 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-55online now  29
Folks In China Don't Want Black Men In Their Country Because They Believe
198 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+24online now  28
Video inside Da Brat receives a New Bentley from her Fiance Big Booty judy!
220 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  7
Quick Tea talk: bro, Charlamagne said some funny a$$ shxt about Mal from Joe B..
51 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy