Jan 10 - SO MUCH WINNING: Sen. B!tch McConnell BLOCKS approved House bills to reopen gov't

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '04        #26
TizOnly1 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$8,078 | Props total: 12914 12914
 Bandito said
Not sure they have enough votes to override a veto. Dems are still scrambling to get enough Republican votes for a simple majority.
Senate already passed an appropriations bill 2 weeks ago literally 100-0. Before Trump flip flop Ed and said he wouldn't sign, then they burried it.

This is 100% on Trump.
+10   

2 weeks ago '17        #27
Naga Sadow 19 heat pts19
space
space
$9,776 | Props total: 39667 39667
 Skateboard T said
It’s because McConnell’s constituency is heavy trump base.

At this point there’s no way you can put this shutdown on dems they’ve tried so many times to reopen the government, even partial reopening reserving border security for a later debate...
It's almost like they want to make the rest of the country like their poor red states and think we're as stupid as the people who support them.
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #28
Heisenberg 137 heat pts137
space
space
$21,389 | Props total: 27575 27575
 BathWaterMelody said
people are disgusting. will be a great day when a rock comes and wipes us out

2 weeks ago '05        #29
outkast 3 heat pts
space
space
$492 | Props total: 648 648
 Sin said
They donít care because it doesnít effect them personally
*affect

That's what I've learned over the years. Same thing with those Trump votes that say they wished they had not voted for him when their job moves out of the country or when they're sick and there's no more Obamacare.

They don't give a sh*t, they could've had this attempted to approve the bill when Republicans had the house and senate if they care this bad.

At this point Dems will seem weak if they give just to help these folks get a paycheck.
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #30
Ifeellikekobe 96 heat pts96
space
space
$6,894 | Props total: 29356 29356
Where are those turning point USA dweebs?

2 weeks ago '10        #31
Bandito 154 heat pts154
space
space
space
$7,036 | Props total: 14313 14313
 TizOnly1 said
Senate already passed an appropriations bill 2 weeks ago literally 100-0. Before Trump flip flop Ed and said he wouldn't sign, then they burried it.

This is 100% on Trump.
Are you talking about H.R. 695? That passed the Senate 48-47. They literally didn't have one vote to spare. It got fu*ked up when it went back to the House and they added funding for the wall and the Senate wouldn't pass it.

2 weeks ago '04        #32
regularjoe 62 heat pts62
space
space
$38,829 | Props total: 17883 17883
 AllWins said
5 billion for border security is all it takes. Dems should just pass that along. Itís not much money on the grand scheme of a budget. Theyíre holding onto ďbut you said..Ē . I think they are losing politically on this. They looked really weak on that response to trumps addresss this week. Even when they are on the correct side of the argument here, IMO.

I say they approve the funding, let it move forward and move on to the next battle. Whatís happening now is not a win for blue team. To be clear I want dems to win, I just donít think this is helping the case.
I feel bad for you. You don't get that you don't get it.

You think the people not budging to our President acting like a child because of a promise he made but can't keep?
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #33
TizOnly1 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
 Bandito said
Are you talking about H.R. 695? That passed the Senate 48-47. They literally didn't have one vote to spare. It got fu*ked up when it went back to the House and they added funding for the wall and the Senate wouldn't pass it.
Not talking about HR anything. This was the Senate continuing resolution.. not a House bill.

Senate passed a continuing resolution to fund the government until February. Passed by voice vote with zero dissenters.

Then Trump k*lled it by tweet the next morning.
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #34
AllWins 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,950 | Props total: 4887 4887
 regularjoe said
I feel bad for you. You don't get that you don't get it.

You think the people not budging to our President acting like a child because of a promise he made but can't keep?
Relax lol Why are they not budging?

2 weeks ago '14        #35
Sphynx 161 heat pts161
space
space
$10,746 | Props total: 37042 37042
 HUDA2daF said
What's gon happen to them federal prison guards
They scared of ďMexican rapistĒ crossing the border. Meanwhile across the country inmates plotting and planning prison breaks while nobody getting paid to give a fu*k
+6   

2 weeks ago '04        #36
regularjoe 62 heat pts62
space
space
$38,829 | Props total: 17883 17883
 AllWins said
Relax lol Why are they not budging?
Bc for starters, the wall isn't a good idea for "keeping the illegals out".

Secondly, he's throwing a fit.... like a child. "Give me what I want or I'll make the country worse by shutting down the government". This is the leader of the free world doing this.

Third, it's not fiscally responsible.
+4   

2 weeks ago '05        #37
Gully Reloaded 
space
space
$1,256 | Props total: 2217 2217
 mars15 said
Itís crazy how they can keep a portion of their employer shut down and still get paid their six figures.

Yet people are out here about to lose their house, car, food on the table.

Such a fu*ked up system.
It's such bullsh*t and a clear indication of fu*kery in our political system.

I have no idea how we would go about changing this though - but it certainly needs to be changed. Even with their huge salaries I guarantee shutdowns wouldn't happen for long.
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #38
Bandito 154 heat pts154
space
space
space
$7,036 | Props total: 14313 14313
 TizOnly1 said
Not talking about HR anything. This was the Senate continuing resolution.. not a House bill.

Senate passed a continuing resolution to fund the government until February. Passed by voice vote with zero dissenters.

Then Trump k*lled it by tweet the next morning.
That is H.R. 695. All spending legislation begins in the House.

The Senate was agreeing to the House Bill (with added amendments by the Senate) and sending it back to them.

The House got the Senate version and added 5 billion for the wall. It died when it went back to the Senate. Mitch was trying to get votes to pass it the day before Democrats took over the House and failed.

2 weeks ago '04        #39
TizOnly1 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
 Bandito said
That is H.R. 695. All spending legislation begins in the House.

The Senate was agreeing to the House Bill (with added amendments by the Senate) and sending it back to them.

The House got the Senate version and added 5 billion for the wall. It died when it went back to the Senate. Mitch was trying to get votes to pass it the day before Democrats took over the House and failed.
The point is a clean CR was going to pass. Trump then pushed for his little wall. Which is to say, the votes DO exist to override the veto if it comes down to it. They were willing to vote 100-0 for a clean CR without border wall funding.

Once this drags on for a while longer, Senate Republicans absolutely will turn on Trump and pass the sh*t they were gonna pass to begin with.
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #40
Jeet Kune Do 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,409 | Props total: 3274 3274
What trump suckers dont understand is that longterm, that wall is costing us money. Upkeep, repairs, etc.

Short sighted f*ggots
+4   

2 weeks ago '08        #41
MotorBoat Jones 
space
space
$644 | Props total: 497 497
Yeah. As much as Trump is a dummy only compelled to ask for astronomical wall funding because Rush, Coulter, and those other hacks are demanding it of him is crazy.... But Mitch is the main reason the government is shut down.

Shut downs like these need to be tied to Congress's pay somehow. A severe penalty needs to be served up with every passing day... kind of like athletes that are given technical fouls have to pay out a pocket for it.
+4   

2 weeks ago '16        #42
BathWaterMelody 36 heat pts36 OP
space
space
$6,413 | Props total: 23510 23510
 Heisenberg said
people are disgusting. will be a great day when a rock comes and wipes us out
true.

but understand that pic is less fault on the people and more on the powers-that-be who pay the people to clean that sh*t up

same with the guards at the federal prisons. something's bound to run amuck.

2 weeks ago '12        #43
OldBusiness 174 heat pts174
space
space
$27,859 | Props total: 44679 44679

[video - click to view]

+2   

2 weeks ago '09        #44
messy marv stan 5129 heat pts5129
space
space
$69,064 | Props total: 110692 110692
 MotorBoat Jones said
Yeah. As much as Trump is a dummy only compelled to ask for astronomical wall funding because Rush, Coulter, and those other hacks are demanding it of him is crazy.... But Mitch is the main reason the government is shut down.

Shut downs like these need to be tied to Congress's pay somehow. A severe penalty needs to be served up with every passing day... kind of like athletes that are given technical fouls have to pay out a pocket for it.

i say a $5000 fine each day for the 1st week. $10k a day for week 2. then a $25k daily penalty for each subsequent week they dont do sh*t. i gaurantee the phony shutdown would be over in 7 - 10 days
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #45
AllWins 1 heat pts
space
space
 regularjoe said
Bc for starters, the wall isn't a good idea for "keeping the illegals out".

Secondly, he's throwing a fit.... like a child. "Give me what I want or I'll make the country worse by shutting down the government". This is the leader of the free world doing this.

Third, it's not fiscally responsible.
I said they (the Dems) are on the correct side of the argument.

Again, I have no issues with the dem’s principles here. My concern is that this ends up hurting the dems politically*. Thinking about 2020 race, which has already started.

For the uninformed person, the swing voter, this is a winning issue for trump. That was proved in 2016. So the dems can be accurate in the stance, but lose out in the polls.

I don’t think this battle is worth it for the Dems.

Last edited by AllWins; 01-10-2019 at 05:04 PM..

2 weeks ago '06        #46
Skateboard T 46 heat pts46
space
space
$24,076 | Props total: 34090 34090
 AllWins said
5 billion for border security is all it takes. Dems should just pass that along. Itís not much money on the grand scheme of a budget. Theyíre holding onto ďbut you said..Ē . I think they are losing politically on this. They looked really weak on that response to trumps addresss this week. Even when they are on the correct side of the argument here, IMO.

I say they approve the funding, let it move forward and move on to the next battle. Whatís happening now is not a win for blue team. To be clear I want dems to win, I just donít think this is helping the case.

This is literally the main thing congress was created for.

The house has passed a bill.
Enough Republicans in the senate have said that they will vote yes on the spending bill if McConnell brings it to a vote.
We have a bill to reopen the government, waiting to be voted on, that WILL pass.

The only two things that are preventing this are:
1. McConnell refusing to allow a vote; and
2. The President refusing to sign it.

Die-hards on either side will of course point fingers at the other, but moderates are looking at this entire thing and seeing a congress who is ready to open the government and a president who refuses to let it happen unless he gets his way.

When this is all said and done this will have hurt republicans more than it will have hurt democrats.
+4   

2 weeks ago '15        #47
AdRock 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,676 | Props total: 8071 8071
He’s k*lling any chance he may have had at re-election. He can’t afford to lose ANY of his base, he loses 10% he’s in the kow 20’’s... the Base alone can’t keep him in office, he needs the 90% republican support, & he’s fu*king a lot of them
Over hard financially in multiple ways... that’s the one thing that can even make the dimmest wits flip... take their bread directly out their pocket... and Michael Cohen about to drop the Nuke bomb to the House & the World... borrowed time Fam. And all of that is a*suming Mueller doesn’t make him resign anyway... these diehards that are obsessed with him, they alone can’t give him the nod
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #48
AllWins 1 heat pts
space
space
 Skateboard T said
This is literally the main thing congress was created for.

The house has passed a bill.
Enough Republicans in the senate have said that they will vote yes on the spending bill if McConnell brings it to a vote.
We have a bill to reopen the government, waiting to be voted on, that WILL pass.

The only two things that are preventing this are:
1. McConnell refusing to allow a vote; and
2. The President refusing to sign it.

When this is all said and done this will have hurt republicans more than it will have hurt democrats.
I agree with that. Just worried that this situation (giving 5b versus the 1.5 or whatever dems are offering now) is worth it.

I worry that dems can be correct, on the right side of arguement, and justified, but still lose out in the poitcal game. Ay I hope youíre right tho.

2016 proved the wall is a winning issue. Ya trump has lied constantly about it and everything else, but him calling for a wall still works. The uninformed swing voter still eats that bs up.

Dems need to stop worrying about being correct and how bad trump is and start Angeling for the 2020 election. They do not need to win over the people they arealdy have, need to expand.

And my point of view is what the dems need to do to win, which is what I prefer to happen.

2 weeks ago '17        #49
AllWins 1 heat pts
space
space
 AdRock said
Heís k*lling any chance he may have had at re-election. He canít afford to lose ANY of his base, he loses 10% heís in the kow 20íís... the Base alone canít keep him in office, he needs the 90% republican support, & heís fu*king a lot of them
Over hard financially in multiple ways... thatís the one thing that can even make the dimmest wits flip... take their bread directly out their pocket... and Michael Cohen about to drop the Nuke bomb to the House & the World... borrowed time Fam. And all of that is a*suming Mueller doesnít make him resign anyway... these diehards that are obsessed with him, they alone canít give him the nod
I think 2020 will not be decided on the two bases of support, but in the middle. The 2016 polls showed a wide expansion of the alt vote (non dem or repub). Dems just need to put a mildly competent person up who is not radical and they should skate through. I wish I had more optimism that they will do that. Weíll see.

2 weeks ago '09        #50
NLSP42 186 heat pts186
space
space
$9,810 | Props total: 14926 14926
 TizOnly1 said

This is 100% on Trump.
And McConnell approved that.....now he isn't signing anything that he agreed 3 weeks ago

Home      

most viewed right now
+35online now  37
Video inside You're 16 and find your teachers IG (this IG) ... What do?
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+173online now  20
Video inside 6 Money Traps to avoid in your 30s.
109 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+70online now  17
Image(s) inside Lil thick Maryland joint 30 mins away I might gotta shoot that shot ya..
294 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+82online now  11
Video inside I dont care how famous you are. If you are under 45 with full veneers y..
153 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+81online now  10
Image(s) inside Ku'ualoha
59 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+77online now  7
YOOO IMAN SHUMPERT had THR*ESOME wit his WIFE & P0RN STAR & got P0RNSTAR PREGN..
163 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  4
Image(s) inside Xbox store scammin
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  4
Jan 22 - Most Israelis donít want non-Jewish migrants, even if they are highly..
114 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy