Looks like another Comapany are going to step in that Console Ring

most viewed right now
+23  111
41 comments @wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

4 months ago '04        #1
3147 page views
47 comments

Ra-da-god 36 heat pts36
space
space
$13,311 | Props total: 4261 4261
Looks like another Comapany are going to step in that Console Ring

Slightly Mad Studios is developing a “stand alone console,” that will support VR, CEO Ian Bell revealed Wednesday.

The Twitter account of Ian Bell, CEO of Slightly Mad Studios cryptically tweeted “The Mad Box is coming” on Wednesday.

When reached for more details, Bell told Variety that the console will ship in “around three years time” and that “it will be a console as is the Xbox or Playstation.”

It will support most major VR headsets and those upcoming and the specs will be equivalent to a ‘very fast PC 2 years from now’,” Bell wrote in an email. “We’re in early talks with manufacturers of components so we can’t say much more right now other than we have the designs specced out in detail.”

The reveal originally appeared via Bell’s Twitter account, which appeared to be newly created as of Wednesday. The official Slightly Mad Studios Twitter account also retweeted Bell’s tweets, lending validity to the new account, which is not Twitter verified, yet.

Slightly Mad Studios is the group behind “Project CARS 2” and “Need for Speed: Shift.” The London based studio, founded by Bell in 2009, is known for working on racing and driving simulators, as well, using its cross-platform Madness engine.

can check the article herevisit this link https://variety.com/2019/ .. ox-1203097617/

or peep the Homie Dealer Games break it down

if it all pans out sh*t is about to get real in the Console gaming space I love it though......

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 01-02-2019 at 06:59 PM..
+2   

47 comments for "Looks like another Comapany are going to step in that Console Ring"

4 months ago '07        #2
Itzike 
space
space
$3,079 | Props total: 1245 1245
Going to play PC games or what? Developers may be hesitant to create a game for a new kid on the block in 2021-22
+3   

4 months ago '17        #3
Lazy 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,316 | Props total: 7961 7961
Steam machines all over again

Hopefully this time it will stick
+5   

3 months ago '04        #4
Ra-da-god 36 heat pts36 OP
space
space
 Itzike said
Going to play PC games or what? Developers may be hesitant to create a game for a new kid on the block in 2021-22
from what this guy is saying its going to be a full fledged Console like the Xbox or playstation

you are right though, Xbox BARELY got in back in 2001 and being the new kid on the block they missed out on alot of games
+4   

3 months ago '04        #5
space
space
 Lazy said
Steam machines all over again

Hopefully this time it will stick
nah I think this is a real deal console and meant to compete in that space.....

Steam machine was trash down to the controller, it made no sense to cop the "console-like" ones over and Xbox one or Ps4, they were basically low ramge pc's with no exclusives.....

but the same can be said here, I hope these cats know that without exclusives games its gonna be a no go and its gonna be hard to wrestle that away from google or amazon who are also jumping in

3 months ago '12        #6
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$13,146 | Props total: 15544 15544
PC will always be the superior in the gaming industry. Atleast for a long time. I dont see it ever being topped. PC's are just too versatile.

3 months ago '13        #7
marietta92 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,692 | Props total: 13805 13805
 Ra-da-god said
from what this guy is saying its going to be a full fledged Console like the Xbox or playstation

you are right though, Xbox BARELY got in back in 2001 and being the new kid on the block they missed out on alot of games
and they had Halo. people dont remember how big of a card that was to have back then.
+2   

3 months ago '04        #8
space
space
 marietta92 said
and they had Halo. people dont remember how big of a card that was to have back then.
tru they did have Halo but that generation was about 3rd party exclusives like Final Fantasy and Resident Evil and playstation had those on lock alot of dev's treated Xbox like the red headed step child even though it was a monster.

daman729 said
PC will always be the superior in the gaming industry. Atleast for a long time. I dont see it ever being topped. PC's are just too versatile.
true but to get that power is expensive, your options are literally spend $1000+ or cut corners and build one yourself the majority of gamers dont wanna do that we just wanna put the game in and play and thats why Consoles will always be THEE option instead of just a choice.

not knocking pc though my lil bro sh*t is lit, if they can ever get VR there to where its a really gaming experience I'm getting a gaming PC
+1   

3 months ago '13        #9
marietta92 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,692 | Props total: 13805 13805
 Ra-da-god said
tru they did have Halo but that generation was about 3rd party exclusives like Final Fantasy and Resident Evil and playstation had those on lock alot of dev's treated Xbox like the red headed step child even though it was a monster.

thats what im saying. that Halo was what helped Xbox survive
+1   

3 months ago '06        #10
realgunta 895 heat pts895
space
space
$27,387 | Props total: 50548 50548
im surprised Google hasnt entered with a streaming gaming service by now. They already have the infrastructure, money, and know how to have a vast service like that.

i dont think theres enough room for another game CONSOLE though. WIth Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo they already got the console game locked.

Theres room for another good Streaming Service though

Imagine a gaming on any device that can run Google Chrome and you play and stream the games via the browser. All andriod phones, all iPhones, iPads, Andriod Tablets, laptops, desktops basically ALL devices done similarly to how Netflix is.
+3   

3 months ago '17        #11
Naga Sadow 32 heat pts32
space
space
$11,547 | Props total: 47702 47702
 realgunta said
im surprised Google hasnt entered with a streaming gaming service by now. They already have the infrastructure, money, and know how to have a vast service like that.

i dont think theres enough room for another game CONSOLE though. WIth Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo they already got the console game locked.

Imagine a gaming on any device that can run Google Chrome and you play and stream the games via the browser. All andriod phones, all iPhones, iPads, Andriod Tablets, laptops, desktops basically ALL devices done similarly to how Netflix is.
They already did test runs with AC Odyssey and even offered it for free to try their service.

But the way the rumors are floating around anout the next Xbox I think Microsoft is looking to build an all in one ecosystem. If they're looking for your games to run anywhere and on anything and they're making everything full Windows integrated, this will be a major win for console, PC, phone, tablet, and possibly even smart TV owners.
+1   

3 months ago '18        #12
BrooklynDamien 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,013 | Props total: 12859 12859
Soulja boy back at it huh?
+2   

3 months ago '04        #13
space
space
 BrooklynDamien said
Soulja boy back at it huh?
lol nah this from the Devs that makes the super realistic project Cars game on PC, so I'm guessing thats going to be exclusive to this console whenever it drops.

look like they under how to do graphics atleast

[video - click to view]

3 months ago '04        #14
space
space
 realgunta said

its real and M$ seems to be the only one that is paying attention that's why they are talking this Xcloud on all devices sh*t, they get that the set top box at the crib sh*t is about to get left behind and they want to be in the front of the curb.

when Phil was talking that "xbox is pc and PC is xbox" sh*t back in 2015 I thought he was k*lling Xbox I couldn't understand why he would spread the brand out like that then I copped one of those shield tablet and got 3 months of their gaming service for free, I was playing witcher 3 on my Android tablet and that sh*t was amazing and it clicked for me "like oh ok they trying to turn Xbox into a ecosystem on multiple devices"

Google is gonna be on that same sh*t and thats where the war is going to be fought hardware sales aren't going to matter because the metric is going to change into engagement and subscribers.

I think nintendo will always be golden because they have the most beloved gaming world ever created but If sony dont start to make changes they are going to get drowned out (not in hardware but again thats not going to matter as much)
+2   

3 months ago '08        #15
Kewop Decam 92 heat pts92
space
space
space
$18,740 | Props total: 17137 17137
VR as the main part of your system? Good luck.

VR as it is right now, is a gimmick and typically the worst way to play most games.
+4   

3 months ago '04        #16
---Max-Payne--- 347 heat pts347
space
space
$7,896 | Props total: 13607 13607
flop written all over it

3 months ago '09        #17
dadon85 137 heat pts137
space
space
space
$33,897 | Props total: 17973 17973
Interesting.

A console war with 6+ consoles.
+2   

3 months ago '14        #18
G.W. 264 heat pts264
space
space
$24,609 | Props total: 45934 45934
Is.....not are.....is

3 months ago '17        #19
Pretty Tone 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,584 | Props total: 21709 21709
if they can get gears of war xbox is dead to me

3 months ago '17        #20
BlackGod 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,536 | Props total: 11957 11957
 Ra-da-god said

true but to get that power is expensive, your options are literally spend $1000+ or cut corners and build one yourself the majority of gamers dont wanna do that we just wanna put the game in and play and thats why Consoles will always be THEE option instead of just a choice.

not knocking pc though my lil bro sh*t is lit, if they can ever get VR there to where its a really gaming experience I'm getting a gaming PC
I'm gonna mostly agree with this.

I'm 100% PCMR, but realize that most people don't want to deal with the hassle of building and maintaining a PC, and the technical issues they present. You could make a solid PC rivaling a console for ~$500, but the time to know what you're doing would put a premium even on top of that cost as well.

Consoles live off convenience (for users AND developers) and exclusive titles (which are once again based on developers).

The Steam Machine failed because it essentially cut most of the things that make PC better than consoles without having any of the real advantages of consoles, and any real competition to Microsoft and Sony without developer support in regards to exclusives is dead on arrival.

Especially with VR as a selling point.
I think we will look back on VR as a gimmick much the same as "3D" everything was about 5 years ago.
It's interesting and worth a try, but such a niche product will never get the economy of scale to become affordable.

With all of these things, if Valve couldn't do it I don't really think anybody can.
+1   

3 months ago '14        #21
consigliereA 102 heat pts102
space
space
$31,287 | Props total: 39593 39593

3 months ago '07        #22
stogz 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,094 | Props total: 58182 58182
Every time a new console makes it, an old console gets kicked out of the business. However, usually new consoles fail.

I don't know what the landscape will look like in 3 years from now... i do know hardcore PC gamers only give a fuk about PC gaming, so they not going for a console, especially if it costs as much as their computer and does less. Nintendo appeals to gamers and non-gamers alike... plus hardcores who like first party nintendo sh*t, even if they already have another console.

So, bottom line, Sony and Microsoft are the ones that need to be on their game.
+1   

3 months ago '14        #23
NewLegends 125 heat pts125
space
space
$11,201 | Props total: 13003 13003
It’s like 3 years off. We’ll likely be getting information on Sony and Microsoft’s next consoles then

3 months ago '18        #24
Andy Muller 
space
space
$136 | Props total: 340 340
If this is kicking anyone to the curb it will be the Xbox.

3 months ago '04        #25
space
space
 NewLegends said
It’s like 3 years off. We’ll likely be getting information on Sony and Microsoft’s next consoles then
shiiiiid I think we'll be getting info on both this year honestly probably XO19 and PSE19 winter showcases

Andy Muller said
If this is kicking anyone to the curb it will be the Xbox.

thats a*suming people's distaste for Xbox is going to carry into next which I doubt M$ has pretty much course corrected all the issues they had with Xbox one so I doubt it.

it could happen though

Xbox knocked nintendo off the top

Home      

most viewed right now
+97online now  37
Image(s) inside Opposite of ...fu-k all these fake "build a body" brawds b
37 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  33
NBA Gabrielle Union Explains Why Her Entire Household Went to Gay Pride Parade..
171 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+181online now  24
When a black athlete posts a political opinion
128 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+47online now  18
Apr 18 - Trump: ĎThis is the End of My Presidency. Iím F*ckedí