Dad mercilessly beats son to tears in Smash Bros. after he says he wants to be pro gamer

most viewed right now
-34  57
39 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+48  53
64 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 weeks ago '04        #1
5611 page views
71 comments

mr_underground|m 2130 heat pts2130
space
space
$24,404 | Props total: 35899 35899
Dad mercilessly beats son to tears in Smash Bros. after he says he wants to be pro gamer

Gamer father showed his power, but the Japanese Internet thinks he might not have displayed much wisdom.

Nintendos Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has been the biggest video game hit of the holiday season in Japan. As the fifth entry in the series, which started in 1999 and features lovable characters from across Nintendos flagship franchises, its mix of depth and pick-up-and-play accessibility makes it a great choice for both parents and kids who enjoy gaming.

However, a recent Smash session between Japanese Twitter user @amour_rapid and his son was no episode of multi-generational bonding. In a now-protected tweet, @amour_rapid said:

Recently my son has been saying he wants to become a pro gamer, so I didnt hold back at all against him playing Smash Brothers, and I beat him so badly that he started crying his eyes out.

Online reactions to @amour_rapids parenting technique were split. Some proclaimed this was a case of a father with a proud warrior spirit tearing down his haughty sons overconfidence, so that true strength would grow in its placeor at least a dad showing his kid that though e-sports have become a thing, theres stratum upon stratum of skill level above his sons current having-fun-amateur level, and the process of trying to rise through the ranks might not be enjoyable, especially when hes facing off against opponents in money-paying tournaments where no mercy is shown.

But on the other side of the discussion were people like Twitter user @isikusu, who works as a freelance video game scriptwriter.

Its kind of a funny story, and it seems like a lot of people are accepting of what the dad did. But when adults show such harsh realities to kids just as they start talking about their dreams, especially if theyre the kids parents, I think the kids arent crying because they couldnt win, but because they feel betrayed by the adult. What do those adults hope to accomplish by snipping childrens dreams in the bud?

@isikusu statement generated comments of agreement from other Twitter users, such as:

I saw a lot of people saying If the kid can bounce back from that, hell be a real competitor, but people only get the strength to bounce back if they enjoy what theyre doing enough to want to keep doing it.

Now his son is going to have it imprinted on his mind that every time he has a dream, his parent is going to crush it. I think the poor kid is going to grow up to be the kind of person who gives up on anything right away.

Hell end up as the kind of person who doesnt do what he wants to do, but whatever his parents wont object to, and his ability to be independent or proactive will die in the process.

The dad sounds pretty immature. Wouldnt it have been better to just have fun playing the game together and give his kid a happy memory?

In a follow-up tweet, @isikusu remained adamant that thrashing the kid (or at least his on-screen character) was the wrong thing to do.

Its pretty much the same as if a child said I want to be a scientist, and then you suddenly made him take a college entrance exam, so that hed cry when he couldnt answer the questions

Judging from the fact that @amour_rapids son cried after losing in a video game, its probably safe to a.ssume that hes still pretty young, and like the hypothetical would-be scientist @isikusu mentions, the true gatekeeper test for his dream (professional-level competition and psychological stress) is still several years off. However, its a test hes going to have to pass someday if he wants to make gaming his job.

Its worth pointing out that @amour_rapid didnt explain what happened after his sons post-defeat tears. If he simply laughed and gloated (like a certain other gamer dad who had it in for his daughters Guilty Gear-loving boyfriend), hes probably just a jerk. On the other hand, if he turned the situation into a learning opportunity by explaining, See? Thats how far you have to go to reach your goal, so are you willing to put in the time and effort to get there? maybe with a gentle reminder of You should keep studying hard in school, since becoming a pro gamer might not be as easy or as fun as you think, then his heart was probably in the right place, unorthodox methods notwithstanding.

visit this link https://soranews24.com/20 .. -be-pro-gamer/

71 comments for "Dad mercilessly beats son to tears in Smash Bros. after he says he wants to be pro gamer"

3 weeks ago '18        #2
BrooklynDamien 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,947 | Props total: 8066 8066
Cold world young betch nagga.
+80   

3 weeks ago '18        #3
StillSFamilyRep 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,476 | Props total: 6570 6570
Slapped for including the tweets. I damn sure can't speak Japanese or Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) and I know most if not every person that comes to this thread can't understand it or read it.

Last edited by StillSFamilyRep; 12-29-2018 at 04:09 PM..
+51   

3 weeks ago '14        #4
Bando Jonez 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,073 | Props total: 4732 4732
Tell the internet to suck a d!ck so they mouth is to full to say this kinda dumb sh*t

Life is harsher than losing in video games to your dad... Better now than later

This gen is so soft and whiney
+50   

3 weeks ago '12        #5
AlBooBoo 16 heat pts16
space
space
$43,980 | Props total: 58276 58276
No video? Then I don’t care

Slapped
+79   

3 weeks ago '05        #6
Ron Swanson 282 heat pts282
space
space
$40,363 | Props total: 49832 49832
he was showing his son that if he wants to make his dream a reality that he will have to face off vs some very hard competition.... the whole idea of professional gaming makes no sense to me in the first place tho
+24   

3 weeks ago '05        #7
Krazie 136 heat pts136
space
space
$47,645 | Props total: 25314 25314
 StillSFamilyRep said
Slapped for including the tweets. I damn sure can't speak Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) and I know most if not every person that comes to this thread can't understand it or read it.
English must be a struggle too considering it's clearly Japanese based on the context of the article.

3 weeks ago '15        #8
Madethagreat 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,684 | Props total: 11096 11096
I will be for sure be kicking my kids a.ss in video games

Making bets and all
+13   

3 weeks ago '18        #9
StillSFamilyRep 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,476 | Props total: 6570 6570
 Krazie said
English must be a struggle too considering it's clearly Japanese based on the context of the article.
But you clearly knew what I meant. Enjoy your laugh
+8   

3 weeks ago '12        #10
Gramz 788 heat pts788
space
space
$20,193 | Props total: 20546 20546
㳮廳這來難口水日木。

Last edited by Gramz; 12-29-2018 at 04:07 PM..

3 weeks ago '16        #11
Knucklez 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,581 | Props total: 20648 20648
if he cant beat his dad whos a scrub compared to them geeks he got no chance in the "big leagues"

i thought there would be footage of this a.ss whoopin
+12   

3 weeks ago '16        #12
TrillPeez 12 heat pts12
space
space
$8,956 | Props total: 21041 21041
I be beating my kids a.ss in Smash. Ain't no easy wins over here you gon have to get better. When they get online they get no mercy and because I already rock they sh*t usually they understand the grind.

My middle son is an expert edge guarder now

My youngest son is an expert at reading and talking sh*t

And my oldest son is just a beast. He be fu*kin me up if I'm not going my hardest
+26   

3 weeks ago '15        #13
AROD MONEY 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,597 | Props total: 15330 15330
Slapped for OP’s Japanese obsession.

fu*king weirdo even posted Japanese tweets
+9   

3 weeks ago '15        #14
The Dudeness 22 heat pts22
space
space
$1,685 | Props total: 8341 8341
Ive played my oldest in 2k since 17 and beat him by 78 or better every time. fu*k it. He’s getting better already. One day soon he’ll beat me.
Either that or get bored with all these a.ss whippings and go outside like I did as a child.
+14   

3 weeks ago '15        #15
2Cold 585 heat pts585
space
space
$38,654 | Props total: 167082 167082
 AROD MONEY said
Slapped for OPs Japanese obsession.

fu*king weirdo even posted Japanese tweets
he has stated multiple times he lives there

i wnjoy these threads.. wouldnt know sh*t about these bx members over in japan or china and what they be doing

3 weeks ago '15        #16
AROD MONEY 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,597 | Props total: 15330 15330
 2Cold said
he has stated multiple times he lives there

i wnjoy these threads.. wouldnt know sh*t about these bx members over in japan or china and what they be doing

I didnt know that. Slapped for f!ghting another mans battles tho lol
+16   

3 weeks ago '15        #17
2Cold 585 heat pts585
space
space
$38,654 | Props total: 167082 167082
 AROD MONEY said
I didnt know that. Slapped for f!ghting another mans battles tho lol
+3   

3 weeks ago '04        #18
Ra-da-god 36 heat pts36
space
space
$13,179 | Props total: 4072 4072
kept it 100 with lil homie

my older cousins used to beat my a.ss in SF2, MK and Art of f!ghting ALL THE TIME!

the result made me a BEAST against all my friends like heads n shoulders above them
+13   

3 weeks ago '04        #19
Tastemaker331 69 heat pts69
space
space
$41,751 | Props total: 19952 19952
Good parenting
That sh*t isn’t a career path
Most of the cats that decide to go into that field are losers with no real life options
+4   

3 weeks ago '18        #20
jay2cold 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,130 | Props total: 1890 1890
Thread title got dat tone like he mercilessly whooped that a*s

Last edited by jay2cold; 12-29-2018 at 05:52 PM..
+6   

3 weeks ago '16        #21
TrillPeez 12 heat pts12
space
space
$8,956 | Props total: 21041 21041
 Ra-da-god said
kept it 100 with lil homie

my older cousins used to beat my a.ss in SF2, MK and Art of f!ghting ALL THE TIME!

the result made me a BEAST against all my friends like heads n shoulders above them
Bruh...UMK3 used to bring out the savage in mufu*kas

3 weeks ago '05        #22
PhrozenMenace 1 heat pts
space
space
$15,028 | Props total: 3144 3144
nothing wrong with that

3 weeks ago '15        #23
DeeJaay 1 heat pts
space
space
$869 | Props total: 3049 3049

[pic - click to view]

Old man picked up the sticks and said "you aint built for this"
+9   

3 weeks ago '15        #24
SeraphKin 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,518 | Props total: 34629 34629
 Madethagreat said
I will be for sure be kicking my kids a.ss in video games

Making bets and all
Use to beat the mess out my son in k!ller instinct. I said if you want to win you practice to get better. Stop whining, you cant win everything.

I left him by himself for an hour in tutorial mode then some practice matches.

I can't beat him anymore.
+5   

3 weeks ago '16        #25
Supreme God 117 heat pts117
space
space
$5,138 | Props total: 21952 21952
Who cares, ain't no video of this sh*t? Came in for a laugh and found out people really taking this sh*t seriously

+2   

Home      

most viewed right now
-33online now  61
Video inside We have a new savior
102 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+94online now  59
Image(s) inside C'est La Vie
36 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+111online now  32
Wish she'd squat on me
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+97online now  28
Video inside She was not fu-kin pleased 😂😂
56 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+110online now  27
Image(s) inside Raw or Nah
73 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+60online now  21
Video inside Jan 20 - Food Stamps To Be Partially Replaced By 'Harvest Boxes' By 2-19
181 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+270online now  18
The most slappable face of 2019 :popfoh:
424 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+53online now  18
Image(s) inside Cardi B Torches Tomi Lahren With Savage Clapback: 'I Will Dog Walk You'
232 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy