Jan 11 - Traditional masculinity’ deemed ‘harmful’ by American Psychological Association

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

Top 10 most propped recently  3 months ago '04        #51
Exs 400 heat pts400 OP
space
space
$12,480 | Props total: 27860 27860
 Some said
Yes sir my knowledge is beyond simple minded ppl like u

Fate is the same as identity pay attention

Indeed but u were trying to its shaped by parents aka Gods correct?

It is still in YOU to decide if you want to be influece based your comments your using that cause YOU want to influece/create robot versions of you.F*k those other generations they are not u,ppl from the 1920s who viewed black ppl as property are they someone to be influenced?Exactly nobody can influece u unless u choose its YOU who controls ur fate not ur parents like u put it only weak minded ppl fall for that parents are God crap.

Don't put ur lil thinking to me,my thinking is beyond the average person its why i asked u cuz ur comments are typical my thinking isn't what society thinks only few ppl think like me,why u think wut i say hurts so many ppl?

Who is society?wtf are u talking about?i talk myself and developed myself i have common sense nobody can tell me sh*t im not weak minded and no parents aren't Gods get in ur head i dont think like u or most ppl so don't bring society/parents crap.
There's high quality philosophy and insight on BX you just have to be able to recognize it when you see it. Above replies are proof.

As far as I'm concerned intelligence and understanding on some basic God given gifts is beyond more people than we can even fathom. Technology will do that.
I can only empathize with those who are at its mercy. It'll be their God for the foreseeable future and this is the beginning of the indoctrination

3 months ago '10        #52
MrTripleDouble 
space
space
$3,121 | Props total: 2869 2869
I don't understand. Emotions aren't a big deal. I think the opposite, a man who can't deal with, handle or control his emotions is actually more effeminate, it's cowardly. If you cant tell your mother or kids you love them. Think about your friends needs first etc in my mind is not masculinity, not leadership. More like a scared little boy who doesn't know how to express himself and is intellectually short sighted conflating emotions with weakness. You end up hurting the people you love and attracting weak, stupid people in your life.

I don't think I naturally am an emotional person but I feel emotions sure. You can't function without emotions as a man, masculinity requires heart. Toxic masculinity are losers who try to emulate psychopaths and be anti social.
+1   

3 months ago '04        #53
Chokeabiish 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,006 | Props total: 592 592
 Some said
nobody can tell u how to be a man or woman

u shouldnt let a parent or parents tell u who u are

i feel sorry for u ppl who think parents are Gods
how old are u?

3 months ago '10        #54
Bandito 183 heat pts183
space
space
space
$7,933 | Props total: 17931 17931
 MrTripleDouble said
I don't understand. Emotions aren't a big deal. I think the opposite, a man who can't deal with, handle or control his emotions is actually more effeminate, it's cowardly. If you cant tell your mother or kids you love them. Think about your friends needs first etc in my mind is not masculinity, not leadership. More like a scared little boy who doesn't know how to express himself and is intellectually short sighted conflating emotions with weakness. You end up hurting the people you love and attracting weak, stupid people in your life.

I don't think I naturally am an emotional person but I feel emotions sure. You can't function without emotions as a man, masculinity requires heart. Toxic masculinity are losers who try to emulate psychopaths and be anti social.
Some people think vulnerability is a weakness. It is one of the foundations of strength and courage. Vulnerability can be toxic as well. When it manifests as shame and shame becomes part of your identity. Shame should be applied to actions and events. Not to people. Having a positive self worth, self esteem requires vulnerability.
+1   

3 months ago '14        #55
Soaring Seagull 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,543 | Props total: 6559 6559
 Some said

It is still in YOU to decide if you want to be influece based your comments your using that cause YOU want to influece/create robot versions of you.F*k those other generations they are not u,ppl from the 1920s who viewed black ppl as property are they someone to be influenced?Exactly nobody can influece u unless u choose its YOU who controls ur fate not ur parents like u put it only weak minded ppl fall for that parents are God crap.

Don't put ur lil thinking to me,my thinking is beyond the average person its why i asked u cuz ur comments are typical my thinking isn't what society thinks only few ppl think like me,why u think wut i say hurts so many ppl?

Who is society?wtf are u talking about?i talk myself and developed myself i have common sense nobody can tell me sh*t im not weak minded and no parents aren't Gods get in ur head i dont think like u or most ppl so don't bring society/parents crap.
1. No response needed
2. (fate is the same thing as identity)- incorrect. Fate is the outcome of WHAT YOU DO and what happens as a result. Your identity is a collection of the values and experiences that shape who you are. Identity can influence fate, but they clearly aren't the same.
3. (you were trying to say that it's shaped by parents aka gods?)- Incorrect again. My words were that identity is shaped by experiences. Parents make up a part of the experience, as will every person that is important in your life. Relationships are just more of the experiences that shape us.
4. (it is still YOU to decide if you want to be influenced)- No sh*t. Which is why i stated, in the box that you created this text for, that you HOPE that every individual can choose a more enlightened path where they think for themselves, but even then, we are members of a society and we follow the same general rules. Once again, stop confusing fate with identity because it isn't the same.
5. (My thinking is beyond average, only a few people think like me)- I'm willing to hear more about this. On the surface it sounds like you're talking out of your a*s as a way to self-enhance. But like I said, I'd love to hear more insight on your rare and above average way of functioning.
6. (I talk myself (?) and developed myself. Parents aren't gods).-Why the fu*k are you still talking about gods? How is the idea that parents teach their children anything like worshiping a deity?
+1   

3 months ago '04        #56
kniccalodeon 
space
space
space
$2,033 | Props total: 4304 4304
All I’m saying is there’s a lot of people that wouldn’t be dead if they didn’t have daddy telling them they’re a bi*ch for having feelings and to toughen up.
+3   

3 months ago '18        #57
Some 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$988 | Props total: 1264 1264
 chokeabiish said
how old are u?

3 months ago '11        #58
indagame 29 heat pts29
space
space
$10,538 | Props total: 8628 8628
Just be you

3 months ago '18        #59
Some 9 heat pts
space
space
space
 Soaring Seagull said
1. No response needed
why?

Soaring Seagull said
2. (fate is the same thing as identity)- incorrect. Fate is the outcome of WHAT YOU DO and what happens as a result.
SEE!!!!Fate is identity EXACTLY your outcome is based what you do which also are result on based on the identity ,identity is based on who you which is the reason of what YOU do,and they all fall under identity.

Soaring Seagull said
Your identity is a collection of the values and experiences that shape who you are. Identity can influence fate, but they clearly aren't the same.
EXACTLY!!!!And fate is based on the results like you said which goes back to identity the results are based on what YOU did or who you are which is same as identity.

Soaring Seagull said
3. (you were trying to say that it's shaped by parents aka gods?)- Incorrect again. My words were that identity is shaped by experiences.
And expierences =results=fate=identity

Soaring Seagull said
Parents make up a part of the experience, as will every person that is important in your life.
GOT YOU!!!!I knew it,and you were trying to be slick with words see you are simple minded do you not get the world is complex do you not get not everyone grows up with a parent or parents some grow up in foster homes,villages(3rd world county) you see why you need to let the logic go of parents are Gods?anyone can give birth,doesn't mean they are Gods.You also trying hard to make everyone expierence like yours when i said everyone doesn't grow up with parent or parents,

Soaring Seagull said
Relationships are just more of the experiences that shape us.
AGAIN!!!Your simple minded not everyone has relationships!!!!

Soaring Seagull said
4. (it is still YOU to decide if you want to be influenced)- No sh*t. Which is why i stated, in the box that you created this text for, that you HOPE that every individual can choose a more enlightened path where they think for themselves, but even then,
Now you get it,so leave the parents part out your trying hard to put parents are Gods logic.

Soaring Seagull said
we are members of a society and we follow the same general rules.
Who is we?members of what?Rules are meant to be broken, and non sense with society get it out of ur simple minded their outcasts see your not smart nice try..

Soaring Seagull said
Once again, stop confusing fate with identity because it isn't the same.
Yes it is and you failed to prove me wrong.

Soaring Seagull said
5. (My thinking is beyond average, only a few people think like me)- I'm willing to hear more about this. On the surface it sounds like you're talking out of your a*s as a way to self-enhance. But like I said, I'd love to hear more insight on your rare and above average way of functioning.
Simple you think everyone has parents grows up with them,and i showed not true plus their people who murder their parents,etc if you want to get in my insight it shows the world is complex and not a mommy and daddy situation.

Soaring Seagull said
6. (I talk myself (?) and developed myself. Parents aren't gods).-Why the fu*k are you still talking about gods? How is the idea that parents teach their children anything like worshiping a deity?
AGAIN!!!!!!!SEE!! you are simple minded parents aren't always right plus not every parent teaches their kids stuff do you get?And some of have 1 parent and others didnt grow up with their parent and their also bad parents

See why its based on the individual not parent,mom,dad,society to teach you?But nature will play its role to teach you which will benefit you rather then expecting a human to teach you something..

3 months ago '10        #60
MrTripleDouble 
space
space
$3,121 | Props total: 2869 2869
 Bandito said
Some people think vulnerability is a weakness. It is one of the foundations of strength and courage. Vulnerability can be toxic as well. When it manifests as shame and shame becomes part of your identity. Shame should be applied to actions and events. Not to people. Having a positive self worth, self esteem requires vulnerability.
Spot on. I would equate vulnerability with humility as well.
+1   

3 months ago '05        #61
chi town hustla 244 heat pts244
space
space
$22,727 | Props total: 33292 33292
sh*t feelings and emotions are the reasons ppl are going on mass shootings sprees. ppl need to understand your feelings dont mean sh*t to anybody in this world except u. thats whats wrong with american society, ppl thinking the world revolves around there feelings.
+3   

3 months ago '05        #62
chi town hustla 244 heat pts244
space
space
$22,727 | Props total: 33292 33292
 Bandito said
vulnerability will get u fu*ked up in this world. animals prey on the weak, lions always pick off the most vulnerable in the herd. humans do to. to a different extent. thats the natural law of animal nature.
+1   

3 months ago '04        #63
bwlove02 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,807 | Props total: 1149 1149
Have yall noticed everything you thought was suppose to make u a man makes you too hardcore, this sh*t is crazy.

The world is becoming batsh*t crazy telling MEN its ok to be feminine?

That dont make a lick of sense. I can understand scaling back on certain traits for a releasal of energy or emotions but to be feminine. Ill never

Nor will any of my sons or their sons
Not my lineage
+3   

3 months ago '17        #64
LeG.O.A.T 121 heat pts121
space
space
$20,333 | Props total: 44836 44836
Soy Boy generation
+1   

3 months ago '14        #65
consigliereA 102 heat pts102
space
space
$31,291 | Props total: 39594 39594
Why is America so pus*y now?
+3   

3 months ago '18        #66
danneywilliams 48 heat pts48
space
space
$2,029 | Props total: 4393 4393

[pic - click to view]

+4   

3 months ago '10        #67
Trilluminati GA 435 heat pts435
space
space
$51,816 | Props total: 17708 17708
Nahhhh gtfoh with that bs
Masculine men are under attack, let your nuts hang.
These agendas are in full force...men don't wanna be men anymore.

Be a man; not one of these new age males. Get pus*y...don't be a pus*y

3 months ago '10        #68
Trilluminati GA 435 heat pts435
space
space
$51,816 | Props total: 17708 17708
Meanwhile men fu*king men and acting like a woman is celebrated

Fall for the banana in the tailpipe if you want to

3 months ago '17        #69
1Oh 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,516 | Props total: 18091 18091
To me toxic masculinity is the targeted verbal/physical abuse women, dudes who can't control they emotions and want to f*ght everybody, and clear emotional detachment/instability because you had to "man up" for whatever reason.

What bothers me with certain ppls definitions of toxic masculinity is that it goes against our biology. Violence & aggression boosts our testosterone, it makes us feel like men. That's why we have outlets for it (sports, the military, weight lifting, labor jobs). We like being strong & competitive, and rivalries n' sh*t-talking comes with that; its not toxic, its what makes us feel alive. Its only toxic when you have no discipline over your violence & aggression.

And females like s*xual aggression as long as it's from a man that they want the aggression from. They want you to make the first move, to talk dirty, they want they back blown out, borderline disrespected, and folded to a pretzel. It's only toxic when you have no control over your behavior, can't read women, and you grabbing on ANY chick. My prob with alotta feminists is that they act like they dont like that sh*t at all, when they really do, as long as it's the right dude objectifying/manhandling them.

And in many cases, yes you gotta man up. You have to be the one with mental clarity while everything around you is unstable; because men are durable enough to endure it. Women biologically have mood swings (menstruation cycles, pregnancy), so men have to be the steady ones by default.

+1   

3 months ago '10        #70
killinemsoftly 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,663 | Props total: 2111 2111
Society is working to feminize men.

3 months ago '17        #71
tu calmas 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,505 | Props total: 15142 15142
 PineappleOG said

Very little empiricism in psychology,
Objectively false

3 months ago '11        #72
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,509 | Props total: 7781 7781
 Some said

No one but you mentions god. Everyone else just knows how they learned to walk, talk, recognize danger, and other life essentials that shape the person they became. Plus we see how sh*t went for the people without parents

3 months ago '18        #73
Some 9 heat pts
space
space
space
 Tony Franks said
No one but you mentions god. Everyone else just knows how they learned to walk, talk, recognize danger, and other life essentials that shape the person they became. Plus we see how sh*t went for the people without parents
Are u this stupid?ppl wit parents and ppl wit out parents are no different

ppl are born a certain way their gay parents(adopting)having healthy kids while their straight parents(both male and female)having serial k*ller kids.

parents are not Gods u think they are not me no sir

not me..

3 months ago '18        #74
Some 9 heat pts
space
space
space
 Trilluminati GA said
Nahhhh gtfoh with that bs
Masculine men are under attack, let your nuts hang.
These agendas are in full force...men don't wanna be men anymore.

Be a man; not one of these new age males. Get pus*y...don't be a pus*y
u macho niccaz value puzzy more then ur life..

3 months ago '17        #75
92baby 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,242 | Props total: 24306 24306
 stlcardinals19 said
Masculinity that doesn't have the entitlement and emotional suppression elements that old school masculinity had is quite healthy. Not too surprised at this conclusion. Having older men drop dead from a heart attack at 55 b/c they never constructively bore their emotions and carried stress for decades is a telling sign
 Bsbrecords said
n*ggas think holding their feelings in and drinking and smoking themselves to death is masculinity.

Thats why we should have underground f*ght clubs

Then once a year get the best "regular a*s everyday f*ghters" to f*ght at a big meet up

Money food women alchohol and good pl f*ghting. I felt great after a f*ght me personally

+2   

Home      

most viewed right now
+85online now  35
Image(s) inside No Plastic Surgery
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  30
Apr 21 - Magic Johnson joins Ice Cube’s bid to buy sports networks from Disney
40 comments