The white flag has officially been waved: MS looking to end console wars

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section games

1 month ago '17        #26
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
space
space
Props total: 45390 45 K  Slaps total: 11131 11 K
 ExNihilo said
I hate Sony controllers, so I got a Nacon

I have multiples of both (Pro, Elite & 1X). I like XB1X the most.

All M$ did was say they not k*lling this gen by releasing next gen. It like s/w being compatible for different graphic cards. Now that XB is doing it, it's throwing in the flag, but not strengthening the brand for consumers in different financial situations

I'll stick with my PS4Pro and cop a Series X Outside of a new God of War, not much I want out of a Sony system. Just my opinion.
I get what you saying I just think two years until we get games made with the new hardware as the bottom is a tough pill to swallow for me

1 month ago '17        #27
Lazy 
space
space
space
Props total: 12817 12 K  Slaps total: 1527 1 K
I hope OP has stock in Sony
+6   

1 month ago '17        #28
space
space
 Lazy said
None at all. I just wanna minimize flushing money down the toilet next gen.

Yall dont understand how bad I want MS to legitimately compete with Sony. All that's gonna mean is we get better games
+1   

1 month ago '08        #29
ExNihilo 
space
space
Props total: 36484 36 K  Slaps total: 575 575
 SPdaGOAT said
I get what you saying I just think two years until we get games made with the new hardware as the bottom is a tough pill to swallow for me
I see your point, but most developers don't even know how to take advantage of a consoles power until the second half of the life cycle.

I even understand when people say they choose a console cuz of the exclusives, Hell, I got a XB1 day 1 cuz I like the platform, but didn't get a PS4P until Neir Autmata came out (then I still got it for both systems eventually ).

To me, TLOU and Uncharted didn't sell me. God of War, Berserk and Persona 5 did. I have weird gaming habits. What I paid for a laptop, I could have built a nice gaming PC, but for me it comes down to preference.

I'm cool with XB not having launch exclusives, long as the multimedia capabilities are convenient as this gen. I get the pros and cons of both systems, but XB was a better multimedia device since its inception to me.

If enough exclusives come out for the PS5, and they get a mid-gen refresh, I'll probably cop that too, cuz at the core I'm a techie
+5   

1 month ago '17        #30
BXSPAGHETT 
space
space
space
Props total: 4458 4 K  Slaps total: 3942 3 K
Xbox will always reign superior.
+1   

1 month ago '18        #31
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 25277 25 K  Slaps total: 9095 9 K
Told yall this months ago. Do yall ever listen. We are attacking from the outside in.. The ps5 and xbox series x will be the last physical consoles u r getting besides the ps5 pro and xbox series X max. There will be no need for consoles in about 7-10 years as u will stream thru tv service via Microsoft game pass app.

This will hurt sony who is only dependent on hardware sales and lose over 100 bucks every console. Other than the playstation Sony dosent have anything else going on and this will be there downfall.

I dnt care if u buy a one x series x 360 or a one s...as long as its m$ dolla sign baby. The run to being the only home video game company in living rooms across the world is almost complete. M$onopoly

1 month ago '17        #32
space
space
 Oswaldgatesjr said
Told yall this months ago. Do yall ever listen. We are attacking from the outside in.. The ps5 and xbox series x will be the last physical consoles u r getting besides the ps5 pro and xbox series X max. There will be no need for consoles in about 7-10 years as u will stream thru tv service via Microsoft game pass app.

This will hurt sony who is only dependent on hardware sales and lose over 100 bucks every console. Other than the playstation Sony dosent have anything else going on and this will be there downfall.

I dnt care if u buy a one x series x 360 or a one s...as long as its m$ dolla sign baby. The run to being the only home video game company in living rooms across the world is almost complete. M$onopoly
If this the case, then cool cause this my last gen anyways. I'll just cop series X on a black Friday sale in like 2023

1 month ago '18        #33
WeedCanuckman 
space
space
Props total: 11516 11 K  Slaps total: 4138 4 K
Pussiole box fam
+2   

1 month ago '17        #34
Real Talk 5%er  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 26948 26 K  Slaps total: 4333 4 K
XBox users.

1 month ago '05        #35
2 Pistolz 
space
space
Props total: 13483 13 K  Slaps total: 2769 2 K
Playstation & Switch Gang.

I'll forever buy playstation and nintendo at launch.

fu*k Xbox. I bought a One X.... that sh*t been a dedicated 4k blu ray player for 2 years.
+1   

1 month ago '09        #36
TriniSoldier 
space
space
Props total: 76551 76 K  Slaps total: 18242 18 K
that would be terrible for consumers. even the losers who suck sonys d*ck blindly. can't have one company having a monopoly on the industry
+5   

1 month ago '14        #37
Gordon Gartrell 
space
space
space
Props total: 47202 47 K  Slaps total: 4659 4 K
 Lazy said
he doesn't. all that d*cksucking is on the house.
+8   

1 month ago '04        #38
infam0uskills 
space
space
Props total: 9090 9 K  Slaps total: 596 596
if you over 30 and taking about console wars
+5   

1 month ago '16        #39
Dick Armey 
space
space
Props total: 6740 6 K  Slaps total: 4030 4 K
Not sure how its considered a bad thing or not competing, if anything it would but more of a focus on content and not hardware.

They've been pushing to unification since windows 10 dropped, it makes more sense money wise.

Then again i took the time to read the article and not just the headline
+8   

1 month ago '05        #40
MyZ28 
space
space
Props total: 2274 2 K  Slaps total: 305 305
Its funny to hear people say Xbox is not competing with Sony. Who is Sony competing with if not Xbox?
+1   

1 month ago '17        #41
Nosbig 
space
space
Props total: 2101 2 K  Slaps total: 259 259
If nvidia/Intel partnered with some accessory companies and sold i5s and rtx 2070 setups for the same price as these consoles it would be over
+1   

1 month ago '14        #42
Gordon Gartrell 
space
space
space
Props total: 47202 47 K  Slaps total: 4659 4 K
 Big Papi said
Micro and Soft. It makes sense why their fans always trying to hate on SONY. SONY has that Big d*ck energy
a baggio co-sign is an l in itself for sony
+2   

1 month ago '17        #43
space
space
 TriniSoldier said
that would be terrible for consumers. even the losers who suck sonys d*ck blindly. can't have one company having a monopoly on the industry
Exactly.

People rather talk about this at the lowest level tho.

sh*t not gonna be funny when PS6 the only console and Sony start asking for a rack

1 month ago '17        #44
space
space
 MyZ28 said
Its funny to hear people say Xbox is not competing with Sony. Who is Sony competing with if not Xbox?
Right now nobody and even as a Sony fan, I donít like that

1 month ago '17        #45
space
space
 infam0uskills said
if you over 30 and taking about console wars
Wars exist in everything in chief. Itís called economics.

Also, the industry was built specifically on console wars. But yea lets not talk about it

1 month ago '18        #46
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 25277 25 K  Slaps total: 9095 9 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Exactly.

People rather talk about this at the lowest level tho.

sh*t not gonna be funny when PS6 the only console and Sony start asking for a rack

There wnt be a physical ps6. U may get a Sony streaming game service to ur tv and even with that it maybe too late because m$ dolla sign will already have that market locked up

Last edited by Oswaldgatesjr; 01-19-2020 at 07:45 PM..
+2   

1 month ago '17        #47
space
space
 d*ck Armey said
Not sure how its considered a bad thing or not competing, if anything it would but more of a focus on content and not hardware.

They've been pushing to unification since windows 10 dropped, it makes more sense money wise.

Then again i took the time to read the article and not just the headline
Because theyíre electing to prioritize their streaming services and not their console.

I have gamepass, but why do I need a series X? Xbox needs to answer this question eventually or theyíre officially competing with Google and Apple

1 month ago '17        #48
space
space
 Oswaldgatesjr said
There wnt be a physical ps5. U may get a Sony streaming game service to ur tv and even with that it maybe too late because m$ dolla sign will already have that market locked up
Hey @ whatís this guy doing?

1 month ago '05        #49
Chuck_Remixed 
space
space
Props total: 10074 10 K  Slaps total: 439 439
They waved that white flag in a conventional sense a long time ago. Early this gen. They decided they would go full pc as their xbox console base alone wasn't getting it done. They began to obfuscate their financial reports to reflect that change. MAU, number of console sold etc etc stopped being reported. It's all about the eco system or more so gamepass. Getting people into that system at all cost even if its a money pit for a while.

Funny enough, it looks like to me Sony is slowly but surely if the rumors are to be believed(and theirs not reason not to since credible people are reporting) is jacking their style at least on the PC end. Meaning, a couple of years from now, I can easily see the Jim Ryan lead administration saying that all future 1st party games are going to be released day on PC as well leaving Nintendo as the last Don with true exclusives.

Last edited by Chuck_Remixed; 01-19-2020 at 06:41 PM..

1 month ago '17        #50
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 81908 81 K  Slaps total: 5045 5 K
 SPdaGOAT said
This is a huge yikes for me. Looks like I'm getting a PS5, gaming laptop and UFO this year. These boys energy always been beat Sony, now its we're just happy to be here.

Enjoy gaming products from this mediocre a*s company
So why is Sony looking for programmers with Nvidia GPUs for the Last of Us II?

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+23online now  24
Image(s) inside Feb 25 - You're likely going to Get the Coronavirus
253 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-89online now  21
Did Tyson Fury cheat by having something in his gloves?
101 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+286online now  11
Parents Tell The Truth About Their Son In His Obituary
165 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-69online now  10
Pusha Tea exposed as never being a real drug dealer