All of the World’s Wealth in One Visualization

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+31  169
77 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
55 comments @wild'ish

section  x2   |  0 bx goons and 2 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

1 month ago '19        #1
3606 page views
11 comments

Stand Down  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 9518 9 K  Slaps total: 13360 13 K
All of the World’s Wealth in One Visualization

The financial concept of wealth is broad, and it can take many forms.

While your wealth is most likely driven by the dollars in your bank account and the value of your stock portfolio and house, wealth also includes a number of smaller things as well, such as the old furniture in your garage or a painting on the wall.

From the macro perspective of a country, wealth is even more all-encompassing — it’s not just about the a*sets held by private households or businesses, but also those owned by the public. What is the value of a new toll bridge, or an aging nuclear power plant?

Today’s visualization comes to us from HowMuch.net, and it shows all of the world’s wealth in one place, sorted by country.

In 2019, total world wealth grew by $9.1 trillion to $360.6 trillion, which amounts to a 2.6% increase over the previous year.

Last year, growth in global wealth exceeded that of the population, incrementally increasing wealth per adult to $70,850, a 1.2% bump and an all-time high.

That said, it’s worth mentioning that Credit Suisse, the authors of the Global Wealth Report 2019 and the source of all this data, notes that the 1.2% increase has not been adjusted for inflation.

The 15 wealthiest nations combine for 84.3% of global wealth.

Leading the pack is the United States, which holds $106.0 trillion of the world’s wealth — equal to a 29.4% share of the global total. Interestingly, the United States economy makes up 23.9% of the size of the world economy in comparison.

Behind the U.S. is China, the only other country with a double-digit share of global wealth, equal to 17.7% of wealth or $63.8 trillion. As the country continues to build out its middle class, one estimate sees Chinese private wealth increasing by 119.5% over the next decade.

Impressively, the combined wealth of the U.S. and China is more than the next 13 countries in aggregate — and almost equal to half of the global wealth total.

visit this link https://www.visualcapital .. visualization/
+4   

best
worst
11 comments

1 month ago '14        #2
rashadd 
space
space
Props total: 9716 9 K  Slaps total: 626 626
The whole thing with China lending money to African countries is weird. It seems the end goal is for them to own property so they can mine resources. I love watching the Gold Rush shows and I remember it was a show that was in Africa a few years ago, and the guys broke down and were trying to get back to a town, and along the way they kept running into Chinese camps where Chinese were mining and they would show guards with machine guns and sh*t. And the guys doing the show said "you do not want to have to deal with those guys"

And that's when I researched and learned about the signing "agreements" thing. But I could be wrong but knew the Chinese would be second on this list.

Last edited by rashadd; 01-18-2020 at 08:05 AM..
+4   

1 month ago '18        #3
PAPLE 
space
space
Props total: 12362 12 K  Slaps total: 2616 2 K
United Kingdom really fell off man. In the past, they either ruled most of those leading countries or a*sisted them in time of war. Now they own less than 4T of the world's wealth. Sad.

1 month ago '18        #4
Armstrong 102 
space
space
space
Props total: 2833 2 K  Slaps total: 698 698
Damn proud of Portugal having more then Ireland and Greece

1 month ago '15        #5
Teddy KGB 
space
space
Props total: 61787 61 K  Slaps total: 7930 7 K
Where is Haiti at?

1 month ago '18        #6
Armstrong 102 
space
space
space
Props total: 2833 2 K  Slaps total: 698 698
Portugal got more then Israel is lost is fraudulent

1 month ago '15        #7
Mexicanelvis 
space
space
Props total: 4927 4 K  Slaps total: 267 267
 rashadd said
The whole thing with China lending money to African countries is weird. It seems the end goal is for them to own property so they can mine resources. I love watching the Gold Rush shows and I remember it was a show that was in Africa a few years ago, and the guys broke down and were trying to get back to a town, and along the way they kept running into Chinese camps where Chinese were mining and they would show guards with machine guns and sh*t. And the guys doing the show said "you do not want to have to deal with those guys"

And that's when I researched and learned about the signing "agreements" thing. But I could be wrong but knew the Chinese would be second on this list.

There was some stories about armed militias f*ghting back against cartels in Mexico a few years back...

Turns out those were just Chinese backed groups defending Chinese mining operations over there
+2   

1 month ago '15        #8
Shmoedog 
space
space
Props total: 9280 9 K  Slaps total: 3601 3 K
 rashadd said

Africa is just letting themselves get exploited yet again, so much for "black excellence", that sh*t only exist on twitter, "black twitter"

Meanwhile in the real world the motherland of all things black is being bought up and taken advantage of yet again. n*ggas quick to holla Wakanda but soon its gon be Shanghai they hollering
+2   

1 month ago '17        #9
Hakeem 
space
space
Props total: 9490 9 K  Slaps total: 1103 1 K
 Teddy KGB said
Where is Haiti at?
Same boat Jah Jah.
+1   

1 month ago '15        #10
Black Larry 
space
space
Props total: 9690 9 K  Slaps total: 913 913
They did purple dirty
+2   

1 month ago '16        #11
postemupndunkit 
space
space
Props total: 34885 34 K  Slaps total: 5310 5 K
 Black Larry said
They did purple dirty
They will come back don’t you worry

Remember a lot of the wealth in Europe can be traced to stealing natural resources from Africa

The problem is that the world bank is a shill to keep developing nations in debt and keep the money flowing to white countries

The way we can circumvent that is to take the black American dollar and shrewdly invest into a concentrated area

Imagine if all the stars, businessmen, educators, engineers, architects, etc went to one city and drew up a 5/10/20 year plan for economic prosperity and growth ?

Remember , money just like the thing I’m typing on , is just an invention.

What’s always been admired and desired regardless of whatever economic system is self sufficiency, something most developing nations naturally lack .
+1   

1 month ago '15        #12
Black Larry 
space
space
Props total: 9690 9 K  Slaps total: 913 913
 postemupndunkit said
They will come back don’t you worry

Remember a lot of the wealth in Europe can be traced to stealing natural resources from Africa

The problem is that the world bank is a shill to keep developing nations in debt and keep the money flowing to white countries

The way we can circumvent that is to take the black American dollar and shrewdly invest into a concentrated area

Imagine if all the stars, businessmen, educators, engineers, architects, etc went to one city and drew up a 5/10/20 year plan for economic prosperity and growth ?

Remember , money just like the thing I’m typing on , is just an invention.

What’s always been admired and desired regardless of whatever economic system is self sufficiency, something most developing nations naturally lack .
I don't want to sound pessimistic. But I feel like if they did that in one area. It would work but it would be a black wallstreet all over again.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+90online now  45
All-Star Weekend was cool but Ludacris hoodie gotta go
105 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+22online now  33
One regret Lebron will have in his career...
90 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  31
America's Infrastructure Is Crumbling
46 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  11
Article inside Shenmue III is Performing Below Expectations