Jan 17 - LA Is Spending Over $1 Billion to House the Homeless. Itís Failing.

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 month ago '05        #51
youngvito18 
space
space
Props total: 12186 12 K  Slaps total: 2946 2 K
FYI, when regan closed all thise mental health hospitals it created the walking dead with mental illness, oast, present, and future
+5   

1 month ago '07        #52
Bullseye 
space
space
Props total: 4227 4 K  Slaps total: 821 821
 Suppafresh said
Let’s be real here it’s three sides to the homeless life. Those who have fallen on temporary hard times. Folks who are mental due to over excessive drug use, issue they faced in life or born that way. Then there are the junkies. The folks who fall on hard time are suck back logged in the system it’s ample funds to help them.
I feel like we need to round up the homeless and figure out who actually wants to live and strive for a better life and who's is just wasting tax money and space. We continue to give resources and shelter to the ones who want to do better. Then, we send the ones who are just wasting space and money into a huge pit of fire and just off them and let their ashes float away. This might sound very cruel but it is actually the best for them and society as a whole.

Last edited by Bullseye; 01-17-2020 at 09:03 PM..

1 month ago '19        #53
Jalen Hoes 
space
space
space
Props total: 786 786  Slaps total: 147 147
California is going down fast all because the democrats and Republicans cant come together for simple things such as helping humanity. They would both rather argue and do little than work together and do alot. I feel bad for Cali
+3   

1 month ago '17        #54
Willy Boban  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
space
Props total: 48437 48 K  Slaps total: 12456 12 K
 set117 said
This is ridiculous. Its obviously mismanagement and corruption going on with the funding. I saw a short doc that outlined how they were spending the money and it was super corrupt. They are using the funding to overpay contractors to build damn near luxury sh*t in certain areas and get kickbacks. It's sad. Seems like a plot for the city to say they tried and use this as an excuse to either stop or get federal funding.
Also. Alot of the homeless peeps in California migrated here from other states because we have warm weather all year long for the most part.

So we definitely should be getting federal funding to combat the problem.

+2   

1 month ago '17        #55
space
space
space
 Jalen Hoes said
California is going down fast all because the democrats and Republicans cant come together for simple things such as helping humanity. They would both rather argue and do little than work together and do alot. I feel bad for Cali
Agree. But first we need to make sure to help the California citizens first and not every train hopper that decided to leave their state to simply live in a tent in our California warm climate.
+2   

1 month ago '16        #56
MOF410 
space
space
Props total: 1280 1 K  Slaps total: 223 223
This is what happens when govt gets too big.

The construction zoning and environmental laws are used as tools to control housing pricing which creates artificially low supply of housing.

Building a half a million dollar unit for each homeless person isnt the solution but it shouldn't be a surprise. Pricey contracts and solutions like this are the easiest way to steal money out of the pot. Award contracts to your buddies, they experience delays which require more money and the city is left to pick between paying twice as much for the housing or being left w half built houses.

The end result? No real change to the homeless population or public health.

It's hard to find and answer when the problem is systematic.
+2   

1 month ago '06        #57
DominicanLou 
space
space
Props total: 9250 9 K  Slaps total: 449 449

so much misinformation in here it drives me crazy. n*ggas presenting their opinions as facts...should be a crime.
+4   

1 month ago '18        #58
set117  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 6324 6 K  Slaps total: 765 765
 Willy Boban said
Also. Alot of the homeless peeps in California migrated here from other states because we have warm weather all year long for the most part.

So we definitely should be getting federal funding to combat the problem.

Oh sh*t!! So there are career/lifetime homeless that migrate west to be homeless in warm weather?! Awww man....that's so sad.

1 month ago '17        #59
SupremeBeing5  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 10003 10 K  Slaps total: 3114 3 K
Iím bout to invent a homeless bed, in a car, that will also be used as a Uber Car. So passengers can sit up to 4, a whole backseat just a bed thatís closed off for a homeless to sleep. Just enough space for two luggageís.

What yíall think?? It will be a third row SUV

1 month ago '19        #60
pxssykxlla 
space
space
space
Props total: 777 777  Slaps total: 366 366
 Ymmot said
Yep. There's a lot of people who don't want anything to do with society other than mooch off what has been set up for them, but don't want to be in any type of system.
I mean, can you blame them? Society sucks--literally sucks--the life out of you. When you realize that society is a big a*s venn diagram that those who make the rules/laws aren't a part of, it's hard to justify doing a lot of this dumb sh*t we do to 'live life'.

1 month ago '05        #61
blackninja 
space
space
Props total: 14964 14 K  Slaps total: 1478 1 K
 foshoVoodoo said
it don't take rocket science that gentrification is causing all of this homelessness. Gentrification is being used as a tool of genocide. Mark 8:36/ Al-Kahf 2:18. Thats why they been trying to k*ll the homeless.
I hear you and I used to feel the SAME way. I know your reply is directed at LA's situation, but if you do not mind, I would like to express a different perspective on gentrification:

I'm very familiar with Newark, NJ. You may know that Newark has been messed up since the riots. I know that it was largely Black mayors and politicians who had control of the city and it stayed largely unchanged beyond a few major commercial projects in the downtown area. The people did not or could not do anything so the prime real-estate of Newark, which is right near NYC, was really just hood. That is the truth.

Years go by and they built the Prudential Center and NJPAC, which the people wanted there to boost their city. Now, many people from across the state and area patronize both. Nothing but White people go to see the Devils and other events at the Prudential center. The cops were there in numbers after EVERY game and show to make sure those white people got out of there and did not interact with Newark beyond that area. It is what it is.

What sense does it make to build something like that and have to be so careful that the patrons are not accosted and the local economy cannot experience an influx of revenue from out of town shoppers in that store rich area because the it was so hood. I was almost robbed there and if I was not who I was it would have gone down.

So, after all that time if white people came into Newark and continued to invest by bringing in the Whole foods and all the other stuff TO MAKE THE AREA BETTER. That is what people want but if they are moved out because they have not changed in over 40 years, I hate to say it but the gentrification is what they have actually been looking for to become a better hood. Since that is the case, I can't be mad a gentrification in that case.

I have found that this opinion is held by many who are from Newark and know the area.

Last edited by blackninja; 01-17-2020 at 12:29 PM..
+1   

1 month ago '17        #62
space
space
space
 set117 said
Oh sh*t!! So there are career/lifetime homeless that migrate west to be homeless in warm weather?! Awww man....that's so sad.
They hop on freight trains illegally to get to whatever destination they want.

So why be homeless in New York with a 10degree winter when LA is usually 50 degrees during the winter for the most part.

1 month ago '17        #63
Ymmot 
space
space
space
Props total: 43741 43 K  Slaps total: 9445 9 K
 DominicanLou said

so much misinformation in here it drives me crazy. n*ggas presenting their opinions as facts...should be a crime.
For real. If you don't like Cali, don't move here. Pretty simple.

1 month ago '16        #64
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 46345 46 K  Slaps total: 10134 10 K
 blackninja said
I hear you and I used to feel the SAME way. I know your reply is directed at LA's situation, but if you do not mind, I would like to express a different perspective on gentrification:

I'm very familiar with Newark, NJ. You may know that Newark has been messed up since the riots. I know that it was largely Black mayors and politicians who had control of the city and it stayed largely unchanged beyond a few major commercial projects in the downtown area. The people did not or could not do anything so the prime real-estate of Newark, which is right near NYC, was really just hood. That is the truth.

Years go by and they built the Prudential Center and NJPAC, which the people wanted there to boost their city. Now, many people from across the state and area patronize both. Nothing but White people go to see the Devils and other events at the Prudential center. The cops were there in numbers after EVERY game and show to make sure those white people got out of there and did not interact with Newark beyond that area. It is what it is.

What sense does it make to build something like that and have to be so careful that the patrons are not accosted and the local economy cannot experience an influx of revenue from out of town shoppers in that store rich area because the it was so hood. I was almost robbed there and if I was not who I was it would have gone down.

So, after all that time if white people came into Newark and continued to invest by bringing in the Whole foods and all the other stuff TO MAKE THE AREA BETTER. That is what people want but if they are moved out because they have not changed in over 40 years, I hate to say it but the gentrification is what they have actually been looking for to become a better hood. Since that is the case, I can't be mad a gentrification in that case.

I have found that this opinion is held by many who are from Newark and know the area.

the genocide cover up story
+1   

1 month ago '18        #65
BlaqThum 
space
space
Props total: 4453 4 K  Slaps total: 270 270
 Pakchoy said
South Fl. I'm buying 2 trucks in a few months and sending them to Landstar with drivers. Tired of being otr.
Is dry van paying I keep hearing the rate are trash rite now?

1 month ago '18        #66
BlaqThum 
space
space
Props total: 4453 4 K  Slaps total: 270 270
 Hoodsta1e11 said
Man fu*k naw n*ggas getting robbed with them high a*s prices and low pay in Vegas rent still hasn't got to that level in fact you can get a 6bdrm 4bth for $ 1300-1400 and most jobs paying over $12.00 while in L.A company's still payin $9.00 while your rent for a 1bdrm is $1900 fuc that I love L.A. but naw thats too much

And everything I listed is in the Central Valley wasnít saying nothing about tryna live in LA...

1 month ago '05        #67
blackninja 
space
space
Props total: 14964 14 K  Slaps total: 1478 1 K
 foshoVoodoo said
the genocide cover up story
All good, but I doubt you actually mean genocide here, and a cover up story deals with lies and covert actions.

EVERYTHING I listed was done in the light, voted on by the people's elected representatives, and embraced by the people of Newark wanting a better city.

So I don’t think it’s all bad.

Last edited by blackninja; 01-17-2020 at 04:31 PM..

1 month ago '15        #68
PhilthyRich  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 6142 6 K  Slaps total: 1394 1 K
 Tha Boss said
Pics of the house?
Townhome. Only 900 sq feet but itís in a solid a*s East bay city and close to the freeway. All our neighbors are old white people lol

1 month ago '16        #69
rooseveltdunn 
space
space
space
Props total: 2331 2 K  Slaps total: 87 87
 DominicanLou said

What is the correct information? Been pondering it myself but what would you say is the truth?
+1   

1 month ago '07        #70
yolaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 22716 22 K  Slaps total: 1860 1 K

Researchers at the University of Illinois at Chicago report that in Illinois hospital visits a*sociated with homelessness have tripled since 2011.
Using discharge records from 2011 to 2018, Madigan and her colleagues identified visits to hospital emergency departments in Illinois in which patients indicated they were affected by a lack of housing or homelessness.
The most conservative estimates of homelessness using hospital data of unique emergency department visitors increased annually from 6,613 in 2011 to 15,815 in 2018. HUD estimates showed some year-over-year increases, but an overall 24% decrease from 14,009 in 2011 to 10,643 in 2018.

4 weeks ago '06        #71
DominicanLou 
space
space
Props total: 9250 9 K  Slaps total: 449 449
 rooseveltdunn said
What is the correct information? Been pondering it myself but what would you say is the truth?
I'm exhausted on the subject, but I put some of my thoughts here

4 weeks ago '05        #72
Fresh  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 41432 41 K  Slaps total: 2359 2 K
.....Shiieeettt...Skid Row Has Been Like This For Decades.

Its Becoming A "Problem" Now Because Companies Is Flipping These Old Downtown Building Into These High Price Lofts For Influencers, Designers, Artists, etc. and Now They Want The Homeless Gone.

This Is All About Money, They Dont Give A Damn About Them People

4 weeks ago '19        #73
GetYaCoinsKing 
space
space
Props total: 14362 14 K  Slaps total: 3047 3 K
Its failing because of their bureaucracy, There have been non-profit organizations whom have really tried to help by providing low-cost tiny homes, rehab + workforce a*sistance etc. and instead CA always pushes new laws that prevents them from doing so.

Matterfact there was a guy that built a small portable homes for the homeless and the state of CA is so fu*ked up that they were actually ticketing/repoing the homeless peoples homes:

NIMBY's wont allow affordable housing to be built, CA thinks their homeless population is a burden, Citizens are being constantly harrassed by these people and to top it off the homeless population is living in inhumane conditions and spreading all sorts of diseases along with pests throughout the state.

If the governor of CA really wanted to solve the issue they could easily do so by re-zoning areas that will allow affordable housing to be built, Also incentivize homeowners & organizations to invest in homelessness prevention programs; but yet CA is too busy pandering to gays & corrupt politicians.

Last edited by GetYaCoinsKing; 01-25-2020 at 01:51 AM..

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  26
Reason why you should bet your life savings on Wilder.
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  20
Image(s) inside Feb 21 - Quaden: Massive Outpouring of Support Builds as Celebrities, ..
135 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside Feb 21 - Shooting Victim Sent Home Frm Hospital W/ Bandaid, Bullet Sti..
38 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  11
BREAKING: Markieff Morris to the Lakers
48 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy