My Fitness Journey For The Past 18 Months

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+32  120
88 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section health

1 month ago '17        #1
3959 page views
16 comments

Nappy Gilmore 
space
space
Props total: 15984 15 K  Slaps total: 1244 1 K
My Fitness Journey For The Past 18 Months

For the past year and a half, I’ve consistently hit the gym and done intermittent fasting. I started in September 2018 with changing my diet. I cut out fast food, pop, and a lot of sugar and salt. I always lifted weights on and off, but after a wife and a baby I was out here looking like Kyle Lowry. I couldn’t see my abs and I was approaching flabby and sick status. Before I even step foot back in the gym I did crazy research on what my goals were. I started out doing A month of HIIT cardio because I didn’t wanna be one of them fat buff n*ggas. I wanted strength and to be lean.

There’s endless amounts of information about any and everything health/fitness related. You have all these opinions from physicians, trainers, YouTube guys, studies and data... it can get overwhelming. What I try to follow is science based workouts/nutrition. I’m not where I wanna be yet, but It’s gotten me pretty good results. I take bits and pieces from guys on ig and YouTube but with everything I’ve learned I’ve formulated my own regiment and what my body responds to best.

November 2018

August 2019

September, October 2019 - Current

I was never one of them selfie taking n*ggas and I only do it now to keep track of my progress. I wish I had before pictures to really compare

If I can smoke a zip a week and work 60+ hours with a wife and 2 kids and get healthy, anybody can. I’m going to start training with some bodybuilding cats this year, gonna take my sh*t to the next level. Really wanna work on my obliques, calves, and forearms. It’s amazing the residual effects just being in shape has on you. I never thought about how the bad sh*t I was eating directly correlated to me headaches, lack of energy, my skin, etc. It’s been a complete lifestyle change for me. I’m just a happier person in general.

All natural for you fu*k n*ggas
Zero cardio

Last edited by Nappy Gilmore; 01-04-2020 at 10:41 PM..
+53   

best
worst
16 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
Pretty Tone 
space
space
Props total: 30404 30 K  Slaps total: 2678 2 K
word good sh*t im building a basement gym myself, got rest of the rubber floor mat i needed today gonna put together the rack tomorrow. got a bench, 300lb set, dumbbells, and pull up bar. planning on getting dip station soon.

what do you think i should start with for weight training im 5'11 around 210 and never lifted weights in my life. been dieting since summer and lost around 50 lbs im basically all gut right now lol. ive read beginners can gain muscle super fast so anything you can let me know so i can maximize that while getting rid of this fat. my goal is around 180-185
+4   

1 month ago '17        #3
Kingz2 
space
space
space
Props total: 18176 18 K  Slaps total: 2444 2 K
This is straight inspiration I am at flabby n sick status after a 1yr of my kid being born and this year is the year I go back to my athletic shape. I get off this cruise tomorrow and it’s go time I want to intermediate fasting probably eat between a window of 6-9 strictly vegetable, chick, fish and nothing else.

What kind of HIIT exercises did you do ?
+4   

1 month ago '06        #4
TheKastOne 
space
space
Props total: 910 910  Slaps total: 110 110
Good sh*t bro, its routine now for me to go to the gym, my girl says I'm addicted. Good luck stepping it up.
+1   

1 month ago '17        #5
LarryFresh 
space
space
Props total: 3398 3 K  Slaps total: 363 363
Good stuff man. Cheers to all your success and good luck on training and bodybuilding
+2   

1 month ago '18        #6
Txheat 
space
space
space
Props total: 17458 17 K  Slaps total: 1696 1 K
What’s your workout routine look like?

1 month ago '17        #7
Nappy Gilmore  OP
space
space
Props total: 15984 15 K  Slaps total: 1244 1 K
@: since you’ve never done any weightlifting, I would start simple. People be in the gym doing so much counterproductive sh*t and wondering why they don’t get results. I would suggest starting with compound exercises. These are gonna build muscle for beginners more than anything. Watch YouTube videos and focus on your form. There’s so much game I could give you bro but I don’t wanna hit you in the head with too much. You’re already on the right path with the pull up and dip bars. Those are some of the best bodyweight exercises you can do. I dropped my extra weight by fasting, but it’s not for everybody. If cardio isn’t your thing, try fasting or eat less salt. Sodium retains water and will have you looking bloated all the time.

@: My wife has always been in shape, she had these beach body and insanity DVD’s at the crib that I never gave a 2nd thought to. I did one of them sh*ts for a month before I started weight training. When I tell you I was drenched in sweat halfway through, n*gga I thought I was gon die. They only 30 minutes or less but the sh*t definitely works. I went from like 203 to 191 in 4 weeks. Haven’t done any cardio since Aug 2018

Last edited by Nappy Gilmore; 01-05-2020 at 08:10 AM..
+9   

1 month ago '19        #8
sensational 
space
space
space
Props total: 773 773  Slaps total: 58 58
Man I just started working out yesterday. I definitely needed this motivation bro.

1 month ago '17        #9
AllWins 
space
space
Props total: 12365 12 K  Slaps total: 6893 6 K
I respect the hustle bro, especially from a stoner. Keep doing your thing.

Last edited by AllWins; 01-05-2020 at 11:22 AM..
+3   

1 month ago '14        #10
eazyebo 
space
space
Props total: 3896 3 K  Slaps total: 553 553
Keep going my brother. Health is wealth!
I'm cutting out candy and fast food this year and sticking with greens, fruits and grilled chicken.
I'm trying to be my best self for 2020.
+1   

1 month ago '17        #11
Kingz2 
space
space
space
Props total: 18176 18 K  Slaps total: 2444 2 K
 Nappy Gilmore said
@: since youíve never done any weightlifting, I would start simple. People be in the gym doing so much counterproductive sh*t and wondering why they donít get results. I would suggest starting with compound exercises. These are gonna build muscle for beginners more than anything. Watch YouTube videos and focus on your form. Thereís so much game I could give you bro but I donít wanna hit you in the head with too much. Youíre already on the right path with the pull up and dip bars. Those are some of the best bodyweight exercises you can do. I dropped my extra weight by fasting, but itís not for everybody. If cardio isnít your thing, try fasting or eat less salt. Sodium retains water and will have you looking bloated all the time.

@: My wife has always been in shape, she had these beach body and insanity DVDís at the crib that I never gave a 2nd thought to. I did one of them sh*ts for a month before I started weight training. When I tell you I was drenched in sweat halfway through, n*gga I thought I was gon die. They only 30 minutes or less but the sh*t definitely works. I went from like 203 to 191 in 4 weeks. Havenít done any cardio since Aug 2018
Great I found some insanity workouts online Iím going to do my first one tomorrow thanks I need to get rid of this dad bod lol

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #12
92baby 
space
space
Props total: 37412 37 K  Slaps total: 5778 5 K
 Nappy Gilmore said
For the past year and a half, Iíve consistently hit the gym and done intermittent fasting. I started in September 2018 with changing my diet. I cut out fast food, pop, and a lot of sugar and salt. I always lifted weights on and off, but after a wife and a baby I was out here looking like Kyle Lowry. I couldnít see my abs and I was approaching flabby and sick status. Before I even step foot back in the gym I did crazy research on what my goals were. I started out doing A month of HIIT cardio because I didnít wanna be one of them fat buff n*ggas. I wanted strength and to be lean.

Thereís endless amounts of information about any and everything health/fitness related. You have all these opinions from physicians, trainers, YouTube guys, studies and data... it can get overwhelming. What I try to follow is science based workouts/nutrition. Iím not where I wanna be yet, but Itís gotten me pretty good results. I take bits and pieces from guys on ig and YouTube but with everything Iíve learned Iíve formulated my own regiment and what my body responds to best.

November 2018

August 2019

I was never one of them selfie taking n*ggas and I only do it now to keep track of my progress. I wish I had before pictures to really compare

If I can smoke a zip a week and work 60+ hours with a wife and 2 kids and get healthy, anybody can. Iím going to start training with some bodybuilding cats this year, gonna take my sh*t to the next level. Really wanna work on my obliques, calves, and forearms. Itís amazing the residual effects just being in shape has on you. I never thought about how the bad sh*t I was eating directly correlated to me headaches, lack of energy, my skin, etc. Itís been a complete lifestyle change for me. Iím just a happier person in general.

Zero cardio

Nice work

How much do you weigh

And what do you do now? Calisthenics? Weight lifting? HiT?

1 month ago '06        #13
detroitdipset 
space
space
Props total: 3179 3 K  Slaps total: 219 219
Good sh*t bro,

I'm 8 hrs in on my Sugar free lifestyle (I'ma sugar/candy addict).

Similar sized and I been getting it in at home seeing result with calisthenics. Man Im on that zip/week diet too and you gave me inpsiration to keep it up..lol

Good sh*t for the kids to see too
+1   

1 month ago '16        #14
Ravishing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 9826 9 K  Slaps total: 1065 1 K
Big ups

Like someone asked about earlier—what’s that routine like?

1 month ago '13        #15
Mr K 
space
space
Props total: 9771 9 K  Slaps total: 1627 1 K
Congratulations my dude I'm on the same tip myself now. I used to be able to do 50 pushups a day, but life got to me and I lost focused. Now I'm back to doing at least 30 now

1 month ago '12        #16
MemphisAmbition 
space
space
space
Props total: 426 426  Slaps total: 5 5
 Nappy Gilmore said
For the past year and a half, Iíve consistently hit the gym and done intermittent fasting. I started in September 2018 with changing my diet. I cut out fast food, pop, and a lot of sugar and salt. I always lifted weights on and off, but after a wife and a baby I was out here looking like Kyle Lowry. I couldnít see my abs and I was approaching flabby and sick status. Before I even step foot back in the gym I did crazy research on what my goals were. I started out doing A month of HIIT cardio because I didnít wanna be one of them fat buff n*ggas. I wanted strength and to be lean.

Thereís endless amounts of information about any and everything health/fitness related. You have all these opinions from physicians, trainers, YouTube guys, studies and data... it can get overwhelming. What I try to follow is science based workouts/nutrition. Iím not where I wanna be yet, but Itís gotten me pretty good results. I take bits and pieces from guys on ig and YouTube but with everything Iíve learned Iíve formulated my own regiment and what my body responds to best.

November 2018

August 2019

If I can smoke a zip a week and work 60+ hours with a wife and 2 kids and get healthy, anybody can. Iím going to start training with some bodybuilding cats this year, gonna take my sh*t to the next level. Really wanna work on my obliques, calves, and forearms. Itís amazing the residual effects just being in shape has on you. I never thought about how the bad sh*t I was eating directly correlated to me headaches, lack of energy, my skin, etc. Itís been a complete lifestyle change for me. Iím just a happier person in general.

Zero cardio

Pictures not loading but congrats on your journey
+1   

1 month ago '15        #17
ReezThatDude 
space
space
space
Props total: 800 800  Slaps total: 83 83
Yo, not seeing the pics. But from the comments I can tell you been putting in the work. Good sh*t.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  35
America's Infrastructure Is Crumbling
47 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+22online now  31
One regret Lebron will have in his career...
90 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+91online now  29
All-Star Weekend was cool but Ludacris hoodie gotta go
105 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+78online now  16
Image(s) inside Just Blaze Releases Lost Nas+Jay-Z-'The Scientist' Track...
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy