investment help for beginner?

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
26 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

2 months ago '09        #1
5453 page views
25 comments

freshmck 
space
space
Props total: 73 73  Slaps total: 51 51
investment help for beginner?

Need a crash course live in NY what mobile apps are recommended to invest and trade with? Looking to invest a little for short and long term. Best ways for me to be up and running. Any help greatly appreciated. Happy new year fam.
+5   

best
worst
25 comments

2 months ago '10        #2
Shhon 
space
space
Props total: 40104 40 K  Slaps total: 3975 3 K

+11   

2 months ago '10        #3
eightytyson06 
space
space
Props total: 14640 14 K  Slaps total: 1123 1 K
robinhood or vanguard and cop some etfs vti for instance is one imma cop a huge chunk of next month its . a lot of free game on youtube man
+6   

2 months ago '09        #4
freshmck  OP
space
space
Appreciate your info
+1   

2 months ago '09        #5
freshmck  OP
space
space
Thank you looking into all of that now. Any channel you like to watch on the topic or some you can recommend?
 eightytyson06 said
robinhood or vanguard and cop some etfs vti for instance is one imma cop a huge chunk of next month its . a lot of free game on youtube man

2 months ago '11        #6
eliwood 
space
space
Props total: 17721 17 K  Slaps total: 1300 1 K
Just dump money in SP 500 index funds and when you feel more comfortable buying individual stocks do that later
+4   

2 months ago '17        #7
space
space
Props total: 6576 6 K  Slaps total: 2175 2 K
If your hearts not in it dont do it.
+2   

2 months ago '13        #8
mkhrt92 
space
space
Props total: 16419 16 K  Slaps total: 3550 3 K
I'm not smart enough on the subject but would like to be. I have invested with vanguard, NY Life etc., but never played the market per se' ....would love the knowledge

2 months ago '05        #9
pnoi89 
space
space
Props total: 13161 13 K  Slaps total: 1482 1 K
Investing for the short term = lots of taxes aka short term capital gains.

Invest for the long term. Take advantage of tax saving avenues like Roth IRA’s which is $6k max per year. If you still have leftover money, invest in a taxable account.

If you don’t know what you’re doing (which is okay), the safest and least gambling way is hoarding your cash. Then bonds. Then index funds. The first two’s returns are sh*t. But index funds removes human errors in stock picking, so pick the simple S&P500 and go from there. When I get in my laptop, I’ll post a YouTuber explaining the basics of what I just typed out.
+4   

2 months ago '11        #10
eliwood 
space
space
Props total: 17721 17 K  Slaps total: 1300 1 K
 mkhrt92 said
I'm not smart enough on the subject but would like to be. I have invested with vanguard, NY Life etc., but never played the market per se' ....would love the knowledge
Vanguard is the market

2 months ago '16        #11
The Truth 
space
space
Props total: 2185 2 K  Slaps total: 367 367
So you just buy the stocks and they keep piling up over time ???

2 months ago '05        #12
pnoi89 
space
space
 The Truth said
So you just buy the stocks and they keep piling up over time ???
Correct. But you also should be investing a consistent amount over time. It’s not really a game of buying a handful of stocks and calling it good... Investing is a progression of building your wealth slowly over time. Without worrying about timing to buy.

Last edited by pnoi89; 01-04-2020 at 12:24 PM..
+2   

2 months ago '13        #13
noob101 
space
space
space
Props total: 957 957  Slaps total: 46 46
 freshmck said
Need a crash course live in NY what mobile apps are recommended to invest and trade with? Looking to invest a little for short and long term. Best ways for me to be up and running. Any help greatly appreciated. Happy new year fam.
I'll add you to my list and watch my latest Video for bullish stocks
+2   

2 months ago '16        #14
The Truth 
space
space
Props total: 2185 2 K  Slaps total: 367 367
 pnoi89 said
Correct. But you also should be investing a consistent amount over time. It’s not really a game of buying a handful of stocks and calling it good... Investing is a progression of building your wealth slowly over time. Without worrying about timing to buy.
Ok good because I'm going to start investing in stocks, just gotta do research on the particulars lol
+1   

2 months ago '19        #15
jordanair45 
space
space
Props total: 3240 3 K  Slaps total: 744 744
Learn how to trade options
+1   

2 months ago '07        #16
Monroe200 
space
space
space
Props total: 569 569  Slaps total: 16 16
Some YouTube channels are financial education and investing with rose.
+2   

2 months ago '05        #17
pnoi89 
space
space
Skip to 5:15: It's a basic rundown on stocks, index funds, taxable accounts vs. retirement accounts (tax saving), etc.:

Here's a clear breakdown on index funds vs. mutual funds vs. stock picking yourself:

tl;dw: Index Fund investing is KING.

2 months ago '18        #18
LILHAITIBABYYY  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
space
Props total: 9248 9 K  Slaps total: 2930 2 K
The first step to investing is patience. It’s not like getting a paycheck when you get it in a short amount of time. People usually invest into things for the long haul. It’s not a get rich quick scheme like many portray. It can sometimes take decades to see a return.
+2   

2 months ago '18        #19
dinono10 
space
space
space
Props total: 1775 1 K  Slaps total: 67 67
I'm a complete novice but I'm 2017 summer.. I opened up a vanguard life strategy 80 and have dripped money into it every month along with an S and P 500etf.. Made over £900 so far. Opened it up with £500 and add to it regularly.
I'm really an amateur so this is a good way to go.

+1   

2 months ago '05        #20
pnoi89 
space
space
 dinono10 said
I'm a complete novice but I'm 2017 summer.. I opened up a vanguard life strategy 80 and have dripped money into it every month along with an S and P 500etf.. Made over £900 so far. Opened it up with £500 and add to it regularly.
I'm really an amateur so this is a good way to go.

GREAT choice and awesome progress as well!

Indexed = low fees. That's the way and keep it up!
+1   

2 months ago '18        #21
dinono10 
space
space
space
 pnoi89 said
GREAT choice and awesome progress as well!

Indexed = low fees. That's the way and keep it up!
Thanks my G. Started reading in 2017, rich dad poor dad and switched my game up.

Just paying £150 a month into Vanguard and over paying mortgage by £50 a month. Not alot, but we do what we can i guess.

I'm looking long time gains with vanguard. I've been paying my pension over here in the UK since 2005 so I'll keep that going.

Rich dad poor dad and dave Ramsey are the way forward just need them 2 in your life for financial freedom.

2 months ago '05        #22
pnoi89 
space
space
 dinono10 said
Thanks my G. Started reading in 2017, rich dad poor dad and switched my game up.

Just paying £150 a month into Vanguard and over paying mortgage by £50 a month. Not alot, but we do what we can i guess.

I'm looking long time gains with vanguard. I've been paying my pension over here in the UK since 2005 so I'll keep that going.

Rich dad poor dad and dave Ramsey are the way forward just need them 2 in your life for financial freedom.
Great plan. I'd just be careful on Dave's investing advice, though I'm pretty much in line with his views on getting people out of debt though.
+1   

2 months ago '18        #23
dinono10 
space
space
space
 pnoi89 said
Great plan. I'd just be careful on Dave's investing advice, though I'm pretty much in line with his views on getting people out of debt though.
to be honest I just used his advice for the paying off of my student loan I haven't used these advice for investing. It did help to read and get focused on paying off the student loan.

I'm not big into investing, just the vanguard portfolio is all I have G.
+1   

2 months ago '09        #24
59fifty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 27583 27 K  Slaps total: 4931 4 K
 noob101 said
I'll add you to my list and watch my latest Video for bullish stocks
Add me too fam
+1   

2 months ago '18        #25
Blaffy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 68709 68 K  Slaps total: 6370 6 K
 dinono10;51640831[B said
]to be honest I just used his advice for the paying off of my student loan[/B] I haven't used these advice for investing. It did help to read and get focused on paying off the student loan.

I'm not big into investing, just the vanguard portfolio is all I have G.
What advice?

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+24online now  39
Video inside Simp on phone begging his Girlfriend not to go out with her friend!
155 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  33
NY Blood Corey King says Blueface & Wack is Food.. Westcoast gotta check in
317 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  22
Can Y’all Help me I-D this shirt Pop Smoke is rockin!?
88 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+261online now  14
Kobes Parents should have gotten some respect on that stage
271 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy