2019 Money goals review

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

2 months ago '18        #1
6683 page views
28 comments

dinono10 
space
space
space
Props total: 1771 1 K  Slaps total: 67 67
2019 Money goals review

So fellas... You know the deal.
What goals did you make out financially and did you meet them?

Wanted to make my Vanguard portfolio past the £5000 mark. Just about done that so that was one target hit.

Paid off my student loan. £2900 paid off in 4 months. Didn't even have it as a goal however reading Dave Ramsey /listening to podcast got your boy motivated to smash it.. Which I did.

So what's goals did you have for the year and did you smash them?
+4   

best
worst
28 comments

2 months ago '14        #2
titans7 
space
space
Props total: 34916 34 K  Slaps total: 6096 6 K
This was my most successful year of my life financially so that was nice to reach that goal after so many years but I am still ending the year in the red after paying off debt and trying to invest the money. Hopefully 2020 will set another high for me financially but honestly there is nothing on the horizon for me to be optimistic about financially so it would have to be a complete surprise of some kind.
A long shot for me getting back in the black financially is my state legalized sports betting but you cant bet until they meet again and set up rules for some things so hopefully everything gets setup and worked out before the 2020 college and pro football season is here. Lotto has such bad odds but with a game bet straight you have a 50/50 shot of winning. Also parlays are an option if you want a bigger payout.

Last edited by titans7; 12-21-2019 at 07:00 PM..
+2   

2 months ago '05        #3
pnoi89 
space
space
Props total: 13156 13 K  Slaps total: 1482 1 K
I'll just copy my response in your original thread:

Thanks for bumping the thread.

pnoi89 said
It's always difficult pinning down a new goal each year....

(1) This year, I plan to set up my childhood home with my sister up for rent. That alone with relieve us tremendously, as that will be revenue to pay our new house we bought for our parents.

(2) Of course, I'll continue to work hard at my current job and will probably receive a 5% raise or higher. That'll break me into the $91k base salary mark. I'll probably still do my mystery shopping on the side, but will dramatically decrease the volume of work. Still, I'll expect to break $100k total income between my engineering job and side work.

(3) I'm also planning to fix up my current house dramatically too. I have plans to remodel the kitchen, all bathrooms, my backyard, etc., piece by piece.
It's a good time to reflect.

(1) Indeed, there's a tenant in that house now and at the same time, the basement is getting a complete makeover, thanks to a coincidental flood that triggered an insurance claim.

(2) Back in July, I received a raise to ~$93k base salary.

(3) I actually did quite a few partial remodels from a bunch of deals online on new lighting. Learned quite a bit on doing my own handyman work, so I paid myself contractor wages.

BRING ON 2020!!!
+2   

2 months ago '16        #4
mobchip 
space
space
Props total: 7383 7 K  Slaps total: 1067 1 K
My money goal was something simple like have $3000 in emergency funds.
+4   

2 months ago '06        #5
damn_ryght 
space
space
Props total: 7318 7 K  Slaps total: 1036 1 K
push my trading account over $112,000
+8   

2 months ago '18        #6
dinono10  OP
space
space
space
 pnoi89 said
I'll just copy my response in your original thread:

Thanks playa (I was shattered when I made this so it can be deleted) appreciate it playa.
+2   

2 months ago '07        #7
Monroe200 
space
space
space
Props total: 569 569  Slaps total: 16 16
I went from a credit score of 650 to 725 and have started emergency fund.
+5   

2 months ago '19        #8
crawlingtulip 
space
space
space
Props total: 605 605  Slaps total: 108 108
Raised my credit score along with my girlfriend’s allowing us to move into a new spot with space for a home office

Started a new business doing credit score improvement so I have another revenue stream

Got my sister onboard for real estate investing, we have been looking at property in the east coast so we can move our parents into a new spot out the hood in 2020
+4   

2 months ago '11        #9
eliwood 
space
space
Props total: 17721 17 K  Slaps total: 1300 1 K
Wanted to buy a house

Bought a house 2 weeks ago

+12   

2 months ago '04        #10
Tastemaker331  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 30678 30 K  Slaps total: 4072 4 K
Wanted to bring in $100K+ in revenue with my dietary supplement business. Changes to IG and another site () presented a new challenge because I lost my ability to reach new customers. I adjusted and definitely surpassed my projections

I’m where I always wanted to be financially
Not in terms of the amount, but I know I’ll never have to worry where my next dollar will come from

Last edited by Tastemaker331; 12-23-2019 at 02:06 AM..
+6   

2 months ago '05        #11
Danger Zone 
space
space
Props total: 29488 29 K  Slaps total: 1177 1 K
Cant even lie, fu*ked up my savings this year after building it well last year. But sh*t happens. I'm back on track. On the positive note, built my credit score up to 760, started investing and set up a Roth IRA. Also ending the year with a job promotion.

Plan for next year is to build my portfolio & savings even more.

Last edited by Danger Zone; 12-24-2019 at 11:46 PM..
+4   

2 months ago '11        #12
eliwood 
space
space
 damn_ryght said
push my trading account over $112,000

I'm a little over 20K
+3   

2 months ago '14        #13
Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 7037 7 K  Slaps total: 2731 2 K
Want to make at least 200k next year.
+3   

2 months ago '16        #14
Boogersugar 
space
space
Props total: 31168 31 K  Slaps total: 3842 3 K
It was a pretty good year, but not everything was a win.

1. I was aiming for a 6% raise and received 8%. My annual review is coming up again in January and 6% is still my target number. If they beat it again I'll be a very happy camper.

2. I wanted to save $30k and buy another house. Missed here. Only raised $20k and I got cold feet when my lease was up in August. And now I have a business idea that I might pursue instead.

3. Pay down debts. This was a win. Since I was planning on buying a home I wanted to boost my credit score and in bringing down my credit card balances I pushed it up to 770. Not sure if I'll buy a home in 2020 either if I end up fu*king off $20k on a shoddy business plan lol
+5   

2 months ago '18        #15
dinono10  OP
space
space
space
 Boogersugar said
It was a pretty good year, but not everything was a win.

1. I was aiming for a 6% raise and received 8%. My annual review is coming up again in January and 6% is still my target number. If they beat it again I'll be a very happy camper.

2. I wanted to save $30k and buy another house. Missed here. Only raised $20k and I got cold feet when my lease was up in August. And now I have a business idea that I might pursue instead.

3. Pay down debts. This was a win. Since I was planning on buying a home I wanted to boost my credit score and in bringing down my credit card balances I pushed it up to 770. Not sure if I'll buy a home in 2020 either if I end up fu*king off $20k on a shoddy business plan lol
Congrats my G. Stay focused that's a lot of money to waste on a shoddy deal. It something sounds too good to be true it usually is playa.
+2   

2 months ago '18        #16
dinono10  OP
space
space
space
 Tastemaker331 said
Wanted to bring in $100K+ in revenue with my dietary supplement business. Changes to IG and another site () presented a new challenge because I lost my ability to reach new customers. I adjusted and definitely surpassed my projections

Iím where I always wanted to be financially
Not in terms of the amount, but I know Iíll never have to worry where my next dollar will come from
Must be a good feeling my G. Sleep easy at night. So a good year financially for you playa. I can toast to that.

2 months ago '18        #17
dinono10  OP
space
space
space
 crawlingtulip said
Raised my credit score along with my girlfriendís allowing us to move into a new spot with space for a home office

Started a new business doing credit score improvement so I have another revenue stream

Got my sister onboard for real estate investing, we have been looking at property in the east coast so we can move our parents into a new spot out the hood in 2020
Good goals my G. Well done.

2 months ago '16        #18
Boogersugar 
space
space
Props total: 31168 31 K  Slaps total: 3842 3 K
 dinono10 said
Congrats my G. Stay focused that's a lot of money to waste on a shoddy deal. It something sounds too good to be true it usually is playa.
It's basically an idea for an apparel company. So it's not super expensive for what it is but I need to really focus on working out the details and figuring out a solid business plan. I think it has real potential but it also involves some high level licensing so some of my cost is set.

We'll see. Maybe I'll end up poking holes through it when I write up the business plan who knows. If I end up getting the house instead it'll be a multi-family with 3 or 4 units so just deciding whether to expose myself to some risk going for a big score or going with a safer, more secure, slow money route. Still not sure what I'm going to do quite yet.
+1   

2 months ago '08        #19
Dunknown24 
space
space
Props total: 1022 1 K  Slaps total: 107 107
 Tastemaker331 said

Iím where I always wanted to be financially
Not in terms of the amount, but I know Iíll never have to worry where my next dollar will come from
Damn congrats bro. Very rarely on here but know you been at this for a minute.

2 months ago '08        #20
Dunknown24 
space
space
 eliwood said
Wanted to buy a house

Bought a house 2 weeks ago

You in the bay? Where'd you buy?
I'm looking to do the same but it's wild unless I get a condo in Concord or some
+1   

2 months ago '08        #21
Dunknown24 
space
space
I bought a rental property in late December 2018 with 20% down which depleted my savings. So my goal was to build my savings back up passed 20k (which I have).
Another goal was to get a tenant for the vacant side after like 6 months (bought owner occupied) but had a hiccup (let my boy stay there) and still dont have it rented out.
Wanted another income stream and started flippin shoes in June. Good money for a side hustle and that amount of effort.

In 2020 I want to buy a plot of land, another house for me or to rent, add another stream of income that will lead to quitting my office gig.
+2   

2 months ago '11        #22
eliwood 
space
space
 Dunknown24 said
You in the bay? Where'd you buy?
I'm looking to do the same but it's wild unless I get a condo in Concord or some
Nah I'm in the Roseville area

You gotta save your entire life to buy something out in the Bay

Where's your rental at?

Last edited by eliwood; 12-25-2019 at 01:57 AM..

2 months ago '08        #23
Dunknown24 
space
space
 eliwood said
Nah I'm in the Roseville area

You gotta save your entire life to buy something out in the Bay

Where's your rental at?
Maaaan I always think about moving to the sac area for the price difference. It's damn near unacceptable here but market finally trending down.

Rental is in sac. About 5 mins from Arden. It's a duplex and 1 side alone almost covers the mortgage.

2 months ago '19        #24
Free my soul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 4494 4 K  Slaps total: 1616 1 K
Made my 200K this year, brought 3 houses to rent out, got some land and gave back to the community so im good
+3   

2 months ago '04        #25
Tastemaker331  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 30678 30 K  Slaps total: 4072 4 K
 Dunknown24 said
Damn congrats bro. Very rarely on here but know you been at this for a minute.
My n*gga!
I appreciate it for real fam. sh*ts been a journey

Last edited by Tastemaker331; 12-26-2019 at 11:49 PM..
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+21online now  43
Video inside Simp on phone begging his Girlfriend not to go out with her friend!
130 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  35
ESPN is working Paul Pierce like a mule ? Was Charles Barkley right?
67 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+253online now  20
Kobes Parents should have gotten some respect on that stage
258 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+43online now  14
Image(s) inside Feb 24 - Former Chicago police officer Jason Van Dyke beaten by inmate..
95 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy