$52199 maxed out mac pro........screen is an additional $4999 extortion fee

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 months ago '09        #51
faceoffizhere 
space
space
Props total: 1879 1 K  Slaps total: 416 416
 Blunted Sultan said
That all break before 2025

It aint extortion if you can afford it
Damn lie it is extortion but for people that have money. They know only people with wealth will cop this which makes it "exclusive" and that will make folks that already have a working laptop/PC with a huge screen buy it for that fact just to flex. Apple about to rob so many folks with this

Last edited by faceoffizhere; 12-18-2019 at 08:32 AM..
+3   

2 months ago '04        #52
NahLij 
space
space
Props total: 24362 24 K  Slaps total: 1742 1 K
Is it the only screen that works with it?

2 months ago '05        #53
Double M Set  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 5776 5 K  Slaps total: 1176 1 K
I’m Almost Guaranteeing This Is The Mac They Have In Hot Beatz Studios....

2 months ago '13        #54
PBC 
space
space
Props total: 8668 8 K  Slaps total: 1268 1 K
 Mickey Bricks said
I mean, this is some sh*t for NASA engineers to run parallel CFD simulations or some sh*t...this machine is not for civilians
exactyl thats why I dont get the slander for this computer.... when its maxed out its for a very niche market...
+1   

2 months ago '04        #55
persuazion 
space
space
Props total: 5207 5 K  Slaps total: 399 399
I see Mike Dean just copped a 17,000 dollar version.

2 months ago '11        #56
shellz386 
space
space
Props total: 8916 8 K  Slaps total: 1310 1 K
 Nosbig said
fu*k you gonna do with a 1.5tb of ram loool
Chrome and Firefox will eat that up too. Lol
+1   

2 months ago '04        #57
class01 
space
space
space
Props total: 878 878  Slaps total: 111 111
I worked for a place that shot movies. We had a few Red cameras that shot in 6k. We purchased 5 windows workstations to edit they were $52k each. Each of those workstations had several monitors, one of the monitors was a Sony brand 32" 4k $15k each.

2 months ago '17        #58
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 45390 45 K  Slaps total: 11131 11 K
This is definitely for creatives. I think they said Final Cut is up to 4x faster, that is a godsend

2 months ago '15        #59
Minkscobar!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 18515 18 K  Slaps total: 5175 5 K
I cant afford!

2 months ago '05        #60
projectd06 
space
space
Props total: 18114 18 K  Slaps total: 5026 5 K
Cool, they like to rip off rich people too

Edit: Doesnt seem to be a home computer. I'll take a slap for not reading through.

2 months ago '04        #61
collegeboy58 
space
space
Props total: 9318 9 K  Slaps total: 550 550
I hate my iMac....sh*t in the closet collecting dust

2 months ago '19        #62
Naymit 
space
space
space
Props total: 38 38  Slaps total: 22 22
Iím gonna buy one but Iím making music so I need a lot of ram and a good cpu. I will prolly get the 16 core only and add ram till itís 256. I donít need a screen or graphics I can buy a normal 4K screen for a few hundred. That way I pay 7k down and another 5k over time for ram but I will never have to worry about how many tracks and instruments I use and it will change the music game because in the past you would make a beat and bounce each track track then the vocals and bounce them too and make a new project for the mixer so he has only bounced sounds the he canít fundamentally change just add too and he then bounces it all to a track and then it gets mastered in a new project . The problem is if you want to go back and change something itís too much work and they just mix it all as one and master as one. With this kind of power you can produce a beat and record vocals all in the same project then mix it all in the same project and even master it for those who donít send out their work. Now I can make a track from scratch to master and change anything at anytime I donít have to bounce anything or commit the song and later find problems where the mixer or mastering guy can only do something that will affect it all together. Even if the snare was too loud at the end during mastering they wonít have to lower everything else it touches I can still be in the same project and do little tweaks like that anytime till I print the final. You couldnít produce, record, master and mix in one project before it used to take 3 or 4 projects. And with apple you have way more stability and rarely crashes or anything. With pc i would save every change because crashing is too normal on them. Once I got my Macs pro tools and logic never crashed again.

2 months ago '19        #63
Naymit 
space
space
space
Props total: 38 38  Slaps total: 22 22
I have the 5k iMac from 2015 and it’s only 4 core and 32 ram. It’s still a beast even for today but this machine will blow professionals out the water.
There is nothing like it for pro use.

2 months ago '14        #64
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
Props total: 24633 24 K  Slaps total: 5433 5 K
You guys are looking at equipment for very large and rich companies like Pixar or other digital studios through the eyes of your average consumer. Of course it looks insane.

Nobody is using a maxed out Pro for personal/general computing needs.

Naymit said
I have the 5k iMac from 2015 and it’s only 4 core and 32 ram. It’s still a beast even for today but this machine will blow professionals out the water.
There is nothing like it for pro use.
The black iMac Pro? Yeah man...It's my favorite computer I've ever had. Of course I have a laptop too but I have 2 of those iMac for my home and actual work office...I love fast desktops like that over laptops when I'm stationary and it's just the most elegant desktop I've ever used.

Last edited by FukHowYouFeel; 01-03-2020 at 02:34 PM..

2 months ago '04        #65
Javon23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 31858 31 K  Slaps total: 7945 7 K
I gave in and copped a MacBook Pro for work.
$5,000 for this sh*t
I don't really see any difference

2 months ago '11        #66
tfc1193 
space
space
Props total: 4556 4 K  Slaps total: 711 711
1.5 TB of ram

they really out here finessing people

2 months ago '09        #67
NcAlien 
space
space
Props total: 3009 3 K  Slaps total: 239 239
 GwopNation said
n*ggaz in dis bi*ch comparing bentleys to vw n sh*t

Talkin about iphones are JUST bentleys

Why are you n*ggas so mfn miserable.

And its not just about iphones. I be seeing the same mindset in all threads. Yall some clowns.

I pray yall trollin in these threads. If not, yall real live down bad mentally
They are just using metaphors I don't think many people are trolling. VW does own Bentley and however they are vastly different there was a period when a $20K golf shared parts with a $250K Continental GT.

Many in this thread are making valid points that you aren't necessarily paying for the components or quality (not to say this isn't an amazing Computer) but that much of the value is from the brand name.

I'm not nearly as versed in computer hardware as others but I'm sure you could build a comparable unit for much less but there would be sacrifices like not having the name brand, warranty, etc.
+1   

2 months ago '06        #68
t76 
space
space
space
Props total: 461 461  Slaps total: 89 89
 Chedda said
I used to hate everything Apple but slowly came around when it came to Mac computers. (Will NEVER go iPhone though)

Still, while the computers are very well built they are vastly overpriced.

The only justification I see paying 56k for a computer is if it will last and be cutting edge for 10 years. But lets face it, the average computer life-cycle does not last 10 years.
Computers are overpriced. Not worth the value. To each his own fam.

2 months ago '10        #69
GwopNation 
space
space
Props total: 432 432  Slaps total: 73 73
 NcAlien said
They are just using metaphors I don't think many people are trolling. VW does own Bentley and however they are vastly different there was a period when a $20K golf shared parts with a $250K Continental GT.

Many in this thread are making valid points that you aren't necessarily paying for the components or quality (not to say this isn't an amazing Computer) but that much of the value is from the brand name.

I'm not nearly as versed in computer hardware as others but I'm sure you could build a comparable unit for much less but there would be sacrifices like not having the name brand, warranty, etc.
I understand what you're saying.

But I'm saying, dont talk to me about cars if you pull up in a beetle and i pull up in lamb...metaphorically speaking
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-89online now  26
Did Tyson Fury cheat by having something in his gloves?
101 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+24online now  16
Image(s) inside Feb 25 - You're likely going to Get the Coronavirus
254 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-69online now  10
Pusha Tea exposed as never being a real drug dealer