Do Any Of Yall Suffer From Mental Illness?

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section health

3 months ago '18        #1
8117 page views
64 comments

PurpleRain 
space
space
space
Props total: 5687 5 K  Slaps total: 419 419
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
Do Any Of Yall Suffer From Mental Illness?

I do, freaking bipolar disorder type 1. I had a major manic episode and got sent to the psychiatric ward while active duty. Spent two weeks there don’t remember much past the first day. Anyway I got out and had to see a military doc and he said if I had another episode I was out. Then a year to the day I had another episode and got hospitalized again. This time for another two weeks. Got out felt like sh*t and begged my First Sergeant to take me back to the psych ward. Stayed for another two weeks. Once I got out the military put me on light duty for the next year and a half then I got medically retired. Cool thing is I get a check from the military for life and can still go and shop on base. But it did definitely derail my life a bit as far as my career plans went. As of now I’m stable, wife, 3 kids, job, college graduate, etc. Granted, I still have suicidal thoughts every now and then and soul crushing depressions too. But no more psychotic manic episodes though so that’s cool. Anyway man I made this post to see if any of you are dealing with mental illness as well or know someone who is.

Last edited by PurpleRain; 12-05-2019 at 08:19 PM..
+50   

best
worst
64 comments

3 months ago '11        #2
Boston George 
space
space
Props total: 669 669  Slaps total: 305 305

Buy a dog...

99% of the population has a mental illness, it's called entitlement...

just do drugs or have s*x like most people do, or even better READ A BOOK

3 months ago '11        #3
Boston George 
space
space
Props total: 669 669  Slaps total: 305 305
P.s. I didn't read...

And hold this slap

3 months ago '15        #4
WhyEsElvrSurfer 
space
space
space
Props total: 21405 21 K  Slaps total: 5418 5 K
Ik we all wanna joke and sh*t like the guy above me, but we as black people (the ones that are actually on this site still) need to do a better job of recognizing and taking about these things. IK discussion about it has been repeated to us by SM/MSM more in the past two years, but that don’t mean everyone actually taking heed.

Anyway, depression and anxiety runs in my family, now with a possibility of bipolar disorder thanks to my grandma being diagnosed recently.

Battled with the former, the latter is definitely on my watch for list and has me rethinking my actions over the years, but I doubt I have it.
+40   

3 months ago '18        #5
PurpleRain  OP
space
space
space
 WhyEsElvrSurfer said
Ik we all wanna joke and sh*t like the guy above me, but we as black people (the ones that are actually on this site still) need to do a better job of recognizing and taking about these things. IK discussion about it has been repeated to us by SM/MSM more in the past two years, but that dont mean everyone actually taking heed.

Anyway, depression and anxiety runs in my family, now with a possibility of bipolar disorder thanks to my grandma being diagnosed recently.

Battled with the former, the latter is definitely on my watch for list and has me rethinking my actions over the years, but I doubt I have it.
Im sorry to hear that man def go see a psych and figure out if you have it. I feel so much better mentally on meds then I did before meds. They definitely saved my life!
+6   

3 months ago '17        #6
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 86967 86 K  Slaps total: 37206 37 K
Bipolar disorder seems to be very common. Alot of bx members say they have it.

Edit: I posted misinformation.

Last edited by Rule 336; 12-05-2019 at 10:17 PM..
+3   

3 months ago '05        #7
YoungHope 
space
space
Props total: 3681 3 K  Slaps total: 412 412
Oppositional defiant disorder which is just a fancy way of saying fu*k the Police!
Nah but seriously...
I have a problem with authority
+6   

3 months ago '18        #8
PurpleRain  OP
space
space
space
 YoungHope said
Oppositional defiant disorder which is just a fancy way of saying fu*k the Police!
Nah but seriously...
I have a problem with authority
I did too man the military fixed that in boot camp lol!
+4   

3 months ago '05        #9
Soprano ATL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 8302 8 K  Slaps total: 887 887
 Rule 336 said
Bipolar disorder seems to be very common. Alot of bx members say they have it. My guy @ told me about his story.
Nah, I’m not bipolar. I’ve never been depressed. Schizoaffective is what I have and it’s different. Hallucinations/delusions/anxiety disorder. Both diseases are brutal in they own way. Fortunately I been doin good for 19 months now.

You’d never know I had an issue at this point.
+14   

3 months ago '17        #10
space
space
 Soprano ATL said
Nah, Im not bipolar. Ive never been depressed. Schizoaffective is what I have and its different. Hallucinations/delusions/anxiety disorder. Both diseases are brutal in they own way. Fortunately I been doin good for 19 months now.
Damn my bad for spreading that misinformation bro I remember us talking about it in a Katt Williams threads and we were discussing his bipolar disorder. My bad fr but salute my man I hope you continue the winning streak bro
+5   

3 months ago '05        #11
space
space
 Rule 336 said
Damn my bad for spreading that misinformation bro I remember us talking about it in a Katt Williams threads and we were discussing his bipolar disorder. My bad fr but salute my man I hope you continue the winning streak bro
Preciate it man. In May ima be graduating from college, finally, something that wouldnt have been possible 2 years ago. This semester it looks like Ill have all As after making Deans list over the summer as well. Keepin in it moving in the right direction.
+12   

3 months ago '17        #12
space
space
 Soprano ATL said
Preciate it man. In May ima be graduating from college, finally, something that wouldnt have been possible 2 years ago. This semester it looks like Ill have all As after making Deans list over the summer as well. Keepin in it moving in the right direction.
That's motivation bro. I'm bout to start working on this coding sh*t cause computers/technology my real passion I hope I can have similar success as you at it I hope my boy @ keeps his word and helps your boy along the way. What you majoring in?
+9   

3 months ago '05        #13
space
space
 Rule 336 said
That's motivation bro. I'm bout to start working on this coding sh*t cause computers/technology my real passion I hope I can have similar success as you at it I hope my boy @ keeps his word and helps your boy along the way. What you majoring in?
Business Administration
+7   

3 months ago '14        #14
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 103788 103 K  Slaps total: 25296 25 K
check this book out

+8   

3 months ago '16        #15
BXcellent 
space
space
Props total: 5931 5 K  Slaps total: 332 332
PTSD
Bipolar Depression
Anxiety

All are from witnessing my father pass away unexpectedly from cardiac arrest.
+12   

3 months ago '15        #16
TAG81 
space
space
Props total: 42574 42 K  Slaps total: 2881 2 K
I have whatever it takes to get 100% disability from the military
+11   

3 months ago '17        #17
space
space
 Soprano ATL said
Business Administration
Didn't get your notification for some reason my bad for the late response. What career path you tryna go down once you graduate? Corporate or the Small business route?
+2   

3 months ago '19        #18
Hungsolow 
space
space
space
Props total: 2546 2 K  Slaps total: 424 424
Sounds like Professor X went rogue

+1   

3 months ago '17        #19
Faseforeal1 
space
space
Props total: 4055 4 K  Slaps total: 259 259
Bipolar 2 disorder, PTSD, anxiety, insomnia. First diagnosed at 13(first suicide attempt then was called manic depressive). Been dealing with it for 30 years. Multiple suicide attempts, 302's(involuntary commited) Had everything in life(wife kids good career job) lost it all to the depression and my favorite coping mechanism which is alcohol. Right now pretty down on life. Tried to get help through therapy and tons of meds. Applied for ssi while trying finally in life to take time out to get mental health straight denied so things aren't great for me. Suicidal thoughts are a daily occurrence and I pretty much shut myself off from the world alot but I keep pushing. Hopefully things will get better and I pray any of you going through depression will make it through. Love Y'all
+17   

3 months ago '06        #20
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 76054 76 K  Slaps total: 4074 4 K
 whyeselvrsurfer said
ik we all wanna joke and sh*t like the guy above me, but we as black people (the ones that are actually on this site still) need to do a better job of recognizing and taking about these things. Ik discussion about it has been repeated to us by sm/msm more in the past two years, but that dont mean everyone actually taking heed.

Battled with the former, the latter is definitely on my watch for list and has me rethinking my actions over the years, but i doubt i have it.
^^very very true
+2   

3 months ago '16        #21
popogogo 
space
space
Props total: 20479 20 K  Slaps total: 805 805
 Faseforeal1 said
Bipolar 2 disorder, PTSD, anxiety, insomnia. First diagnosed at 13(first suicide attempt then was called manic depressive). Been dealing with it for 30 years. Multiple suicide attempts, 302's(involuntary commited) Had everything in life(wife kids good career job) lost it all to the depression and my favorite coping mechanism which is alcohol. Right now pretty down on life. Tried to get help through therapy and tons of meds. Applied for ssi while trying finally in life to take time out to get mental health straight denied so things aren't great for me. Suicidal thoughts are a daily occurrence and I pretty much shut myself off from the world alot but I keep pushing. Hopefully things will get better and I pray any of you going through depression will make it through. Love Y'all
Keep ya head up bro.
It's hard but it always gets better.

Don't know if you exercise, but if not, start walking / running and lift weights as well.

This is just a forum of unknown people talking crazy sh*t but if you really need to talk you DM me and I'll call you. Life is tough as sh*t, but man the good parts are AWESOME if you can see your way through the bad parts.

I done been through some sh*t so i'm talking from experience.

You just keep on keeping on bro.
+16   

3 months ago '14        #22
Soaring Seagull 
space
space
Props total: 11169 11 K  Slaps total: 926 926
OP take a little bit of money and invest in a bipolar action plan. It comes with a mood chart and other things that can help you. Bipolar episodes are thought to be triggered by regular events, except people with bipolar may respond to more of an extreme. For example, getting a new job, a new girlfriend, moving to a new city, etc etc could trigger manic episodes. Breakups, loss of a job, f*ghting with loved ones, etc can lead to depressive episodes. Tracking these things can help you identify the storm before it comes and act accordingly
+8   

3 months ago '15        #23
bourne1978 
space
space
Props total: 9290 9 K  Slaps total: 12363 12 K
 Faseforeal1 said
You would most def get ssi if you enter a group home.
+2   

3 months ago '05        #24
jy'liyahpops 
space
space
space
Props total: 170 170  Slaps total: 41 41
 Faseforeal1 said
Depression is a war you either win or die trying
I battle daily also at 36 my friend. If u ever need someone holla at me bro
+5   

3 months ago '16        #25
kamal1978 
space
space
space
Props total: 1636 1 K  Slaps total: 703 703
I believe Mental illness is a lie

U either crazy or a normal person

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+21online now  45
Video inside Simp on phone begging his Girlfriend not to go out with her friend!
129 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  35
ESPN is working Paul Pierce like a mule ? Was Charles Barkley right?
67 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+252online now  19
Kobes Parents should have gotten some respect on that stage
258 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+43online now  12
Image(s) inside Feb 24 - Former Chicago police officer Jason Van Dyke beaten by inmate..
95 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy