How and where do I start at home and get motivated?

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section health

4 months ago '04        #1
9109 page views
17 comments

LightWeight 
space
space
Props total: 5089 5 K  Slaps total: 330 330

What up to the boxden fitness fam...all advice is good advice...

First of all im 5"8ish weigh about 155ish to 160.. anyways i drink alcohol and I gotta a lil gut! ... ok so one i never been to the gym..i mean i went once..but other than that i dead a*s swear I deal with anxiety to be straight up and down.. so being around people I dont know or tend to judge provokes that..i keep to myself or my close ones...less friends less funerals they say.. but anyways im tryna get back into shape... lose that gut.. but i have a drinkin problem plus i smoke green... im asking for advice to where to start... and a structure to work with.. drinkin is hard to quit as for now or the past 15 years.. .. BX what are the proper steps to take with..
+4   

best
worst
17 comments

4 months ago '05        #2
YoungHope 
space
space
Props total: 3681 3 K  Slaps total: 412 412
YouTube p90x 30 minute workout. Drink in moderation and the alcohol is the only sugar you can have. Try swimming, basketball, something recreational you enjoy...good luck
+3   

4 months ago '06        #3
bxdiplomat 
space
space
Props total: 13011 13 K  Slaps total: 849 849

I'm 5'8" and weight about 155 to 160, with an alcohol gut! I'm not a regular at the gym since I get anxiety around people. I have a drinking problem and I smoke weed, but I'm tryna get back into shape.

Where do I start? I need help with the structure.

-------------
Do you want to work out at home?

Do you want to work out at home then move on to the gym?

What can you spend on to improve your life?

Could you rank in the order of importance which one of these problems you are willing to work on 1st?

What is making you want to change so badly now?
+3   

4 months ago '10        #4
Shhon 
space
space
Props total: 40104 40 K  Slaps total: 3975 3 K

This may help
+4   

4 months ago '04        #5
LightWeight  OP
space
space
 bxdiplomat said

I'm 5'8" and weight about 155 to 160, with an alcohol gut! I'm not a regular at the gym since I get anxiety around people. I have a drinking problem and I smoke weed, but I'm tryna get back into shape.

Where do I start? I need help with the structure.

-------------
Do you want to work out at home?

Do you want to work out at home then move on to the gym?

What can you spend on to improve your life?

Could you rank in the order of importance which one of these problems you are willing to work on 1st?

What is making you want to change so badly now?
Workout at home then eventually start going to the gym and sh*t ... one important thing is i work nights and in the day time i be asleep. Some days I only eat one meal other days im smoked out my mind and eat like crazy. Whats making me change. Well sh*t 1st im gettin older, 2nd like half my circle of friends became health conscious all the sudden and going to the gym regularly or into some physical workouts. I jus feel like im behind on everything in life. I think a Healthy body and working out gives a person discipline.
+5   

4 months ago '07        #6
yolaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 22796 22 K  Slaps total: 1865 1 K
monitor, reduce and consume calories in an 8-hour window

reduce processed foods, drink lots of water

baby steps works

use the stopwatch on your phone, do 1 push-up, 1 crunch, and 1 squat every 3 minutes, so 0-3-6-9... until you get to 27, that will be 10 sets, increase by one each day until you are straining to finish the last few sets, then go up by one when the straining stops, throw some dumbbell curls into the mix, at some point, you might need to bump it up to every 4 minutes

same thing with running, run for one minute, next day 2 min and on until you can run for an hour straight, try to walk twice as much as your run

elevated heart-rate equals calories burning

STRETCH

focus on sleep, get blackout material for your room windows or get a sleep mask or both, keep a consistent sleep schedule, use earplugs if easily awakened, don't eat before bed, eliminate electronics in the bedroom, keep bedroom cold
+2   

4 months ago '19        #7
Goop Hair It Is 
space
space
space
Props total: 12281 12 K  Slaps total: 3285 3 K
1 meal a day, push-ups and run the stairs in your house
You will be cut up in 3 months guaranteed
+2   

4 months ago '18        #8
Blaffy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 68703 68 K  Slaps total: 6370 6 K

I gotta get back on my grind too
+3   

4 months ago '06        #9
bxdiplomat 
space
space
Props total: 13011 13 K  Slaps total: 849 849
 LightWeight said
Workout at home then eventually start going to the gym and sh*t ... one important thing is i work nights and in the day time i be asleep. Some days I only eat one meal other days im smoked out my mind and eat like crazy. Whats making me change. Well sh*t 1st im gettin older, 2nd like half my circle of friends became health conscious all the sudden and going to the gym regularly or into some physical workouts. I jus feel like im behind on everything in life. I think a Healthy body and working out gives a person discipline.
You are skipping questions and writing in gibberish .....

Look at some of these options.

Pick one that you can and will do

They give workouts and meal plans

You just have to be smart enough to follow along and trust the process. Meaning shows up every day whether you feel like it or not.

other places you can look at

-----------------------

People who decided to write books on things like time management, habit change, and food.

The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results

Atomic Habits

Wired to Eat: Turn Off Cravings, Rewire Your Appetite for Weight Loss, and Determine the Foods That Work for You

Last edited by bxdiplomat; 11-03-2019 at 02:47 AM..
+2   

4 months ago '06        #10
Qbert 
space
space
Props total: 15984 15 K  Slaps total: 1586 1 K
You're already doing it wrong. What are you on here asking how to get motivated, just go out and start. When you feel better the more you'll do it. Even when I go for one day it helps. Just me consistency is off.
+5   

4 months ago '17        #11
BLACK FIST 
space
space
Props total: 33409 33 K  Slaps total: 3700 3 K
if you work nights, don't stay up too far into the afternoon. let's say you work a 12am to 8am shift.. go to sleep no later than 1 or 2pm. use that few hour window after work to workout, whichever regimen you choose.

never go straight to sleep in the morning, because you'll wake up earlier than needed and that tiredness will creep in the middle of your shift.

plus.. only hang out on your nights off. tryna chill before work will zap your energy levels, next thing you know you wanna drink red bulls and monsters.
+1   

4 months ago '09        #12
Zaosyn 
space
space
Props total: 9236 9 K  Slaps total: 1958 1 K
I co-sign doing the P90x sh*t. Find you one of those 30, 60 or 90 day work out routines like P90x / Insanity and do it. The reason why is because they're very beginner-friendly, they start you off slow, I think they generally have you work out 6 days a week so it builds a habit of being active every day and holds you accountable.

If you do one of those programs and like the results you got you can then branch off and look into doing something else. Those programs are meant to get you from being out of shape to in-shape and ready to transition to doing something else.

Most people who I know who did P90x ended up going to the gym and getting on a weight lifting program or going and doing cross-fit. But they never would of done it if it wasn't for P90x helping them get in shape and build that confidence and show them that they can stick to a routine and can live a healthy lifestyle

that's what you need.
+3   

3 months ago '04        #13
LightWeight  OP
space
space
 Read1bookaweek said
Be honest with yourself. If you dont have discipline, youre going to need a trainer.

Even if its just joining a boxing gym, you have to be around someone who can help you get started RIGHT.

Invest in yourself.
Word, how do trainers work? I never really looked into one..they expensive and is it worth the money..

3 months ago '12        #14
johnnysnow 
space
space
space
Props total: 16456 16 K  Slaps total: 1040 1 K
Start off with push up and crunches then invest in a dip rack and a pull up bar
+1   

3 months ago '05        #15
anonymous414 
space
space
space
Props total: 606 606  Slaps total: 211 211
Follow Jocko on instagram /thread
+1   

3 months ago '17        #16
BLACK FIST 
space
space
Props total: 33409 33 K  Slaps total: 3700 3 K
 anonymous414 said
Follow Jocko on instagram /thread
i checked it out... he's more of a motivational speaker than someone who displays his routine

Last edited by BLACK FIST; 11-16-2019 at 09:53 PM..

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+41online now  33
Image(s) inside Feb 24 - Former Chicago police officer Jason Van Dyke beaten by inmate..
95 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+251online now  27
Kobes Parents should have gotten some respect on that stage
254 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  22
ESPN is working Paul Pierce like a mule ? Was Charles Barkley right?
66 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+21online now  18
Video inside Simp on phone begging his Girlfriend not to go out with her friend!
120 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy