Working hard is a fools errand....

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

4 months ago '18        #1
14532 page views
29 comments

LILHAITIBABYYY  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
space
Props total: 9247 9 K  Slaps total: 2930 2 K
Working hard is a fools errand....

What’s the point of working hard in 2019? What does it get you?
+12   

best
worst
29 comments

4 months ago '18        #2
LILHAITIBABYYY  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
space
space
space
That’s all
+1   

4 months ago '06        #3
damn_ryght 
space
space
Props total: 7318 7 K  Slaps total: 1036 1 K
To fulfill a PURPOSE. If you dont have one then you have absolutely no point of working hard or even living
+12   

4 months ago '18        #4
space
space
space
 damn_ryght said
To fulfill a PURPOSE. If you dont have one then you have absolutely no point of working hard or even living
Slave mentality. Tools serve purposes not humans.
+14   

4 months ago '11        #5
gnelsonq09 
space
space
space
Props total: 1021 1 K  Slaps total: 117 117
Someone show me that Teejay6 way
+7   

4 months ago '16        #6
DonLimpio 
space
space
Props total: 5790 5 K  Slaps total: 413 413
What's the alternative?
+4   

4 months ago '18        #7
LuxuriousGreen 
space
space
Props total: 6728 6 K  Slaps total: 1100 1 K
Make your money work for you... for people that need examples
+8   

4 months ago '08        #8
GoldBluded  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 47539 47 K  Slaps total: 4318 4 K
 DonLimpio said
What's the alternative?
Like bro above said you make your money work for you. In many cases if you aren't making money while you sleep, investing or creating a business you will be working forever.

Invest your money dont just save. If your grandpa saved 50k from the time he was a kid, that same 50k would be worth 10k or something like that if you factor in inflation.

However if he would have invested that 50k into real estate (back then a home was going for about 6k-10k) say he bought 5 homes for 10k each the value of just one of those homes would be worth an average of $195,000(not including where he invested) That's 1 million dollars made off of investing instead of saving and ending up with "50k".
+18   

4 months ago '05        #9
pnoi89 
space
space
Props total: 13156 13 K  Slaps total: 1482 1 K
 DonLimpio said
What's the alternative?
You still have to work hard to increase your chances in success.

Most people that work hard, aren’t investing in themselves. Not everyone has to create a business or even jump into real estate. Simply investing a portion of your income to the S&P alone will grow your money passively.... But most people love the get rich quick mentality, instead of building wealth, which is a slow burn.
+14   

4 months ago '18        #10
DUCEDUCE 
space
space
Props total: 25005 25 K  Slaps total: 2428 2 K
The thing is working hard and investing that money. I tell my daughter get your money right, and invest everything. Got my cousin to buy a 3 bedroom condo 7 years ago and rent out the rooms. She moved out took some equity, and still kept the condo and is still making profit.
+10   

3 months ago '17        #11
space
space
Props total: 6575 6 K  Slaps total: 2175 2 K
Does your mother work? Watch your words man.
+3   

3 months ago '18        #12
space
space
space
 2007 said
Does your mother work? Watch your words man.
I love my mother but she is brainwashed that the only way to make a dollar is thru sweat equity it has probably never occurred to her that the richest people don’t work hard at all.
+12   

3 months ago '10        #13
REG773 
space
space
space
Props total: 28808 28 K  Slaps total: 7368 7 K
depends

Most ppl just working to pay bills
+9   

3 months ago '18        #14
ItsThatEasy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 13575 13 K  Slaps total: 1140 1 K
I understand where OP is coming from, I would say working hard is pointless as long as self improvement isn't a part of that statement. Self-improvement is key.

I have a friend who worked for Fed-Ex for 6 years. Shift manager, excellent worker, showed up on time, left late, treated his direct reports to happy hour, lunch, etc.

Fed-Ex kept my n*gga on 39 hour part-time status for 6 years and he was too pu**y to walk away. No benefits or anything when you're under 40 hours of course.

He legit thought a company was going to do right by him. I would try and get inside his brain for years, like bro what do you want to do for real? Do you read any books? Listen to any pods? Anything that can improve your mental? No dice. Just sports, cars, and food.

Now he left Fed-Ex after they cut his 39 to 20 hours with the same responsibilities. If he had been working on himself this whole time the prospects would be much higher but he's just a worker bee, no real tangible skill set or mental fortitude to attack a goal he's passionate about.
+11   

3 months ago '09        #15
chasedg 
space
space
Props total: 2268 2 K  Slaps total: 442 442
Yesterday at work, I talked to 10 people on the phone max, and enrolled 6 of them in health insurance pollicies. I made $1200 in 8 hrs. So you're saying that was not a good use of my time?
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 months ago '04        #16
Exs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 49601 49 K  Slaps total: 11808 11 K
Everyone telling you to "work hard" in here has likely never created anything in their lives and "working hard" to them just means clock/in out... head down and type.

and that's fine but OP maybe isn't okay with that life... and we shouldn't be coerced into thinking that that's the cap either like all you "work harders" are making it seem

It's not.

There are still purely creative people out there.
+8   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 months ago '04        #17
space
space
 chasedg said
Yesterday at work, I talked to 10 people on the phone max, and enrolled 6 of them in health insurance pollicies. I made $1200 in 8 hrs. So you're saying that was not a good use of my time?
yeah... you're a part of the problem but the fact that you get paid a lot for a little is never going to allow for you to see that.

health insurance is one big pyramid scheme at the end of the day

but it pays for your smart watch and iphone that you jerk off with so who cares right?

3 months ago '09        #18
chasedg 
space
space
 Exs said
yeah... you're a part of the problem but the fact that you get paid a lot for a little is never going to allow for you to see that.

health insurance is one big pyramid scheme at the end of the day

but it pays for your smart watch and iphone that you jerk off with so who cares right?
I dont really have to beat my meat, I got a bad spanish bi*ch to help me in that department.
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 months ago '04        #19
space
space
 chasedg said
I dont really have to beat my meat, I got a bad spanish bi*ch to help me in that department.
oh well then you're living the life.

guess i got everything else spot on

3 months ago '09        #20
chasedg 
space
space
 Exs said
oh well then you're living the life.

guess i got everything else spot on
I dont tell people they need health insurance, they already have that idea in their head before I even talk to them. I just sell them what they ask me for.
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 months ago '04        #21
space
space
 chasedg said
I dont tell people they need health insurance, they already have that idea in their head before I even talk to them. I just sell them what they ask me for.
So a robot could do your job?

Noted.

Better get good at something asap. I'll have the automation rollout ready by 2021.
+1   

3 months ago '09        #22
chasedg 
space
space
 Exs said
So a robot could do your job?

Noted.

Better get good at something asap. I'll have the automation rollout ready by 2021.
More worried about universal healthcare
+1   

3 months ago '18        #23
space
space
space
 ItsThatEasy said
I understand where OP is coming from, I would say working hard is pointless as long as self improvement isn't a part of that statement. Self-improvement is key.

I have a friend who worked for Fed-Ex for 6 years. Shift manager, excellent worker, showed up on time, left late, treated his direct reports to happy hour, lunch, etc.

Fed-Ex kept my n*gga on 39 hour part-time status for 6 years and he was too pu**y to walk away. No benefits or anything when you're under 40 hours of course.

He legit thought a company was going to do right by him. I would try and get inside his brain for years, like bro what do you want to do for real? Do you read any books? Listen to any pods? Anything that can improve your mental? No dice. Just sports, cars, and food.

Now he left Fed-Ex after they cut his 39 to 20 hours with the same responsibilities. If he had been working on himself this whole time the prospects would be much higher but he's just a worker bee, no real tangible skill set or mental fortitude to attack a goal he's passionate about.
I’m starting to realize that some people just don’t have it easier to link up with like minds than to get someone to change their ways. And by working hard I mean exactly what your friend did.
+5   

3 months ago '05        #24
slanger55 
space
space
Props total: 2693 2 K  Slaps total: 529 529
There’s a difference between working hard and working smart.

I’ve been called lazy tons of times but year over year I’ve increased my income
+7   

3 months ago '10        #25
REG773 
space
space
space
Props total: 28808 28 K  Slaps total: 7368 7 K
BX paleontologists all making 500K plus per year

None commute to work and they are free to type all day
+6   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  38
ESPN is working Paul Pierce like a mule ? Was Charles Barkley right?
68 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+21online now  36
Video inside Simp on phone begging his Girlfriend not to go out with her friend!
130 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+253online now  22
Kobes Parents should have gotten some respect on that stage
258 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+41online now  16
Video inside Anybody else love watching these videos