he 72 hour fast : The scientifically proven way to boost your energy by eating less

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x2   |  0 bx goons and 2 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section health

5 months ago '18        #1
12654 page views
27 comments

stutteringrap  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
space
Props total: 16630 16 K  Slaps total: 15233 15 K
he 72 hour fast : The scientifically proven way to boost your energy by eating less

visit this link https://thesource.com/201 .. immune-system/

visit this link https://www.lifestyle.eng .. by-eating-less

Why Fasting?

Nutrition and therapy researchers such as Dominic d’Agostino recommend 5-day long fasts two to three times per year to reboot your immune system due to stem cell-based regeneration. As your body has no more incoming glucose (from carbs), it needs to break down your body fat and create ketones, an alternative form of energy.

Even though ketones are often portrayed in a negative light and a*sociated with diabetes, it is actually a natural and harmless substance produced by your body.

Running on ketones instead of glucose has many benefits, including purging your body of cancerous cells, which are unable to process ketones (according to Agostino’s research). Those benefits can be extended through ketogenic diets in order to remain in the state of ketosis (More on Agostino’s talk on how ketosis can k*ll cancer).

Key Benefits of Fasting

Contrary to popular beliefs of negative effects due to fasting, your body changes are more likely to result in the following experience:

High energy: I experienced high physical energy throughout the day compared to no-fasting days. That means that I didn’t experience times of low energy feelings such as after digesting. Energy and wakefulness remained high energy until very late at night. One explanation is that BHB, a major ketone, is a more efficient energy resource than glucose, providing more energy per unit oxygen used. Another explanation is that ketosis increases your mitochondrial function, which is responsible for intaking food and oxygen and transforming it into energy. It does so by increasing mitochondrial glutathione, an important antioxidant which works directly within the mitochondria.

Moreover, being on ketosis reduces the amount of oxidative damage caused by reducing the production of free radicals, which are formed when oxygen interacts with certain molecules in the body and which can damage our mitochondria. Lastly, ketones don’t have to rely on insulin to get the ketones into the cells, which is the case for glucose consumption, and can thus be processed more quickly.

Feeling warm: Although my body did not consume food, it created a lot of energy through fat consumption and I felt warm throughout the whole fast. Especially on my the third day, I could only walk in t-shirt and open coat at 4 degrees celsius (40° Fahrenheit). It felt so good!

Longer breath holding: I tested it every night, including after the last meal, after ten minutes of meditation and just before going to sleep (pulse was steady). Simply inhale once fully and retain the air. The first night, while still using glycolysis, I could hold my breath for 130 seconds (just over 2 mins). Two days after, I could raise it up to 210s when my body was running on ketones. One explanation for that is ketogenesis, in comparison to glycolysis, does not create carbon dioxide as a byproduct, which is responsible for our perceived need to breathe. Another explanation can be that BHB is a more efficient energy resource and therefore needs less oxygen per unit to run the body. Nevertheless, the latter needs to be confirmed by further studies.

Productivity in peaks: Although I did not quantifiably measure my productivity, I had the feeling that my productivity wasn’t stable and can be categorized in ups and downs compared to when I was eating. Studies suggest that fasting results in increased production of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), which increases the resistance of neurons in the brain to dysfunction and degeneration. Nevertheless, I couldn’t say that I had a tremendous increase in concentration - I suggest you to keep track of your productivity level when fasting.

No appetite: The most surprising thing is that I didn’t feel hungry. This was normal because hunger is triggered by neutral signals with high concentrations of ghrelin, a hormone not released during ketosis. Be careful though, as there is a discrepancy between what your body needs and what it wants. Things like cravings for example, are usually unhealthy and not needed by the body.
+6   

best
worst
27 comments

5 months ago '18        #2
stutteringrap  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
space
space
space
Negative Side-effects of Fasting

The only downsides I experienced where the following:

Problems falling asleep: Very high energy until late at night led to problems falling asleep (up to 90 minutes). After 30 minutes of lying in bed, I decided to read for another half an hour to adapt to my new body clock and let the sleep come over me. One explanation can be that carbohydrates improve the entry of the amino acid L-tryptophan into the brain, which contributes to the creation of serotonin, a monoamine neurotransmitter which among others calms the body and helps you sleep. As I cut off carbs, my source of L-tryptophan was reduced, and can thus explain troubles falling asleep.

Sweating more: The downside of feeling warm is that you sweat more, at least that was the case for the third day for the region around my axillas, although I was only in t-shirt and not practising any strong physical activity. This is probably due to the fact that sweating, just like urinating and breathing, is a major method on getting rid of excess ketones. It is therefore important to maintain a high level of hydration.

Times of low focus: You might have times of low focus, as it seemed to occur to me. This can occur at the beginning of the fast, when ketones aren’t yet present to process an excess of glutamate into GABA molecules, which are necessary to reduce stimulation, Nevertheless, everyone reacts differently, and measuring your mental focus should be on your list when fasting.

Fasting (especially for periods such as 20 or 30 days) can also result in other problems:

Weight loss: As your body consumes your own stored fat resources while on ketosis, you might lose between 1-2 pounds (up to 1kg) per day during your first days. This will nevertheless vary on your metabolism and body composition.

Muscle loss: As your body consumes your body fat to create ketones, it might also start using your muscles to cope with your lack of protein consumption. Studies have shown that while your body will mostly consume fat, muscle destruction can occur during long-term fasting.

Detox symptoms: Another potential downside of long-term fasting is the rate of detox. Fat is your body’s main place of storage, including for any malignous toxins. When consuming your fat reserves, those toxins are processed through your bloodstream and it can lead to feeling sick or nauseous.

Potential side effects might also include headaches, dizziness, lightheadedness, fatigue, low blood pressure and abnormal heart rhythms. But I have personally never experienced any of them. You might feel these symptoms mildly during the first 24h and then it gets much much better.

There are claims that long-term ketosis (not short-term fasting) can negatively affect some organs such as the liver and kidneys as they are le

5 months ago '14        #3
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 103796 103 K  Slaps total: 25299 25 K
while fasting i had a lot of time in my hands

so i watched a lot of videos about fasting

this is one of the good ones

+5   

5 months ago '06        #4
mikeydooodie 
space
space
Props total: 330 330  Slaps total: 33 33
longest I did was 65 hours and did it with a breeze. been doing it once every 2 weeks, this time I’m gonna try for the full 72. Only side effect is the diarrhea, more like straight p*ss lol after hour 24 and it lasts depending on how bad you ate prior to fasting for up to 2 days
+6   

5 months ago '06        #5
Qbert 
space
space
Props total: 15991 15 K  Slaps total: 1586 1 K
Just had Wendy's yesterday and an energy drink already this morning I need to do a 72 or something.
+3   

5 months ago '19        #6
space
space
space
Props total: 3476 3 K  Slaps total: 2698 2 K
This is definitely real.

Throughout our history primitive man almost always went 72 hours (or longer) without eating. It's perfectly natural in fact eating three meals a day is unnatural especially considering all the grains we eat now we're only consumed in pre agriculture times when we were starving.

This is just another issue the fake authorities got wrong. Most these scholars, professors, doctors, and judges got where they are by their ability to recite what others say not what they thought for themselves.
+9   

5 months ago '17        #7
bvali 
space
space
space
Props total: 1832 1 K  Slaps total: 174 174
I've never heard of anything so stupid in my entire life.

Starve yourself to have energy

Just get a good night's sleep and eat a good breakfast.
+1   

5 months ago '16        #8
Negusis 
space
space
space
Props total: 14407 14 K  Slaps total: 2176 2 K
 bvali said

It doesnt make sense to you because you're thinking of it as starving instead of thinking of it as cleaning out your body.
+15   

5 months ago '13        #9
jjwms33 
space
space
space
Props total: 3523 3 K  Slaps total: 872 872
 bvali said

Try it or u talking out your a*s. JS
+1   

5 months ago '05        #10
stevviej20 
space
space
Props total: 25 25  Slaps total: 7 7
These are facts! I fast once a week doing a 24hr dry fast. The longest I've done dry has been about 68 hours.

Look up the "Snake Diet" on youtube. Cole Robinson got some good info. Theres a lot of others too. People have been doing it for centuries with great results

5 months ago '18        #11
Mr Tibbs 
space
space
Props total: 3191 3 K  Slaps total: 432 432
Great! Watch a handful of numskulls start fasting without doing the proper research. Ending with a few folks (mostly women) loosing their life for the perfect beach bod. Causing Inside Edition to run a bogus a*s story about The Darkside of Fasting with a bunch of reject doctors.

5 months ago '17        #12
bvali 
space
space
space
Props total: 1832 1 K  Slaps total: 174 174
 Negusis said
It doesnt make sense to you because you're thinking of it as starving instead of thinking of it as cleaning out your body.
If you want to clean out your body, just eat extra fiber and take a sh*t
+1   

5 months ago '16        #13
Negusis 
space
space
space
Props total: 14407 14 K  Slaps total: 2176 2 K
 bvali said
Eating extra fiber is cool, but it does not give your body a break.

Just like eating bad co ti uously can reset your body, fasting can reset your body as well. Fiber doesnt do that. Fiber just makes you sh*t and make you gassy.

Fasting intermittently or over a long period of time works better.
+3   

5 months ago '18        #14
space
space
space
 925 said
This is definitely real.

Throughout our history primitive man almost always went 72 hours (or longer) without eating. It's perfectly natural in fact eating three meals a day is unnatural especially considering all the grains we eat now we're only consumed in pre agriculture times when we were starving.

This is just another issue the fake authorities got wrong. Most these scholars, professors, doctors, and judges got where they are by their ability to recite what others say not what they thought for themselves.

thank you it means the world to me that somebody is actually defending me instead of calling me retarded.

and at least somebody do there research.

5 months ago '18        #15
space
space
space
 bvali said
lol! i take laxitives every week. but you need to do a 12 to 24 to 48 hours fast. because if you stuff your face with teh food and same junk or even healthy food.

you still going let it go to waste ya her me.

5 months ago '19        #16
space
space
space
Props total: 3476 3 K  Slaps total: 2698 2 K
 stutteringrap said

thank you it means the world to me that somebody is actually defending me instead of calling me retarded.

and at least somebody do there research.
You don't need validation from anyone but yourself.

A keto diet/fasting will reverse or slow down so many ailments I'm convinced are body is programmed to be in a ketonic state multiple times a year. Scripture supports the theory. I am in no way a religious man but I interpret religious scriptures reference to fasting theologically. They didnt have medical books or science books back then they had one book so medical knowledge was convalescented with religion.

When we were hunter gathers it was natural for us to be in a ketonic state during periods where food was hard to find. Probably also perfectly nature to drink ones own urine when water ran out.

Now I don't know that 72 hours would completely reset your immune system just that it will definitely help if nothing else k*ll off some bad gut bacteria.
+2   

5 months ago '06        #17
Qbert 
space
space
 925 said

A keto diet/fasting will reverse or slow down so many ailments I'm convinced are body is programmed to be in a ketonic state multiple times a year. Scripture supports the theory. I am in no way a religious man but I interpret religious scriptures reference to fasting theologically. They didnt have medical books or science books back then they had one book so medical knowledge was convalescented with religion.

When we were hunter gathers it was natural for us to be in a ketonic state during periods where food was hard to find. Probably also perfectly nature to drink ones own urine when water ran out.

Now I don't know that 72 hours would completely reset your immune system just that it will definitely help if nothing else k*ll off some bad gut bacteria.
I did Keto and was eating lettuce wrapped A&W and still was loosing weight.
+2   

5 months ago '18        #18
space
space
space
 925 said

yep it's true. ever since i start doing this i have not had a full blown cold for over 5 years.since 2015.

5 months ago '12        #19
daman729 
space
space
Props total: 20058 20 K  Slaps total: 951 951
The claim that longterm ketosis can cause problems is true. It's not for everyone. Some people have the genetics and body structure to do it longterm with no ill effects and some dont. All that high fat and protein can make your liver work very hard. Longterm keto can also effect insulin sensitivity and stress hormone levels. People are different. One of the biggest problems some people make with keto is not keeping their electrolytes and water intake is up. When you have less insulin, you're body pushes out more sodium and other things. Sodium is probally the most important electrolyte we have. It's the most abundant electrolyte in the blood. It also controls magnesium status. When you dont eat enough sodium, your body will dump magnesium. You have to be careful on ketosis.
+1   

5 months ago '14        #20
space
space
 Qbert said
I did Keto and was eating lettuce wrapped A&W and still was loosing weight.
i used to live on a&w lettuce wrapped bacon teen burgers

bruh i currently completed my 3rd 72 hour water fast..this year

currently on day 4 undecided if i should quit or not..

dont get me wrong i see some benefits, but i have been hungry 24/7 basically and its not gone anyway at all

some benefits

sinus nose cleared up
no depression or evil thoughts (this could be because i feel great knowing i achieved not eating for 3 days)
quit cigarettes
clear headed and sharp

negatives
always hungry however it goes away in waves

i would say the "fasting high "exist though.. i definitely felt it

thanks givings is this weekend up here in canada, ill probably stop then if i don't make it to through today

on tuesday night i had a dream i was eating a bagel and it felt so real
+3   

5 months ago '14        #21
space
space
also good way to build discpline

if you can stop eating food for an extended period of time

you can do anything, considering how much food is loved
+3   

5 months ago '06        #22
Qbert 
space
space
 strungout said
i used to live on a&w lettuce wrapped bacon teen burgers

bruh i currently completed my 3rd 72 hour water fast..this year

currently on day 4 undecided if i should quit or not..

dont get me wrong i see some benefits, but i have been hungry 24/7 basically and its not gone anyway at all

some benefits

sinus nose cleared up
no depression or evil thoughts (this could be because i feel great knowing i achieved not eating for 3 days)
quit cigarettes
clear headed and sharp

negatives
always hungry however it goes away in waves

i would say the "fasting high "exist though.. i definitely felt it

thanks givings is this weekend up here in canada, ill probably stop then if i don't make it to through today

on tuesday night i had a dream i was eating a bagel and it felt so real
Yea I bet you feel light and clear headed, that is a great feeling

For me the evil thoughts persist, I'm always wanting and on the search for head.
+3   

5 months ago '14        #23
space
space
 Qbert said
Yea I bet you feel light and clear headed, that is a great feeling

For me the evil thoughts persist, I'm always wanting and on the search for head.
i dont even know why the hell im still doing this ,

i guess its for vanity's sake or those brief moments of the "fasting high"

the first day has become easy especially if im at work i guess im adopted to 24 hour fast now partly because im so excited and thrilled about the idea ...of going on this journey ...day 2 is hard..day 3 is harder..but i still want to push through..

day 4 i dont know...i hit up a lot of people that i haven't talked to in a few weeks and i just sorta reached out and asked how they were doing, normally im on that "if someone doesn't check on me, why should i check on them" mentality ..

but today i haven't been ...i sorta put my feelings aside and am being the bigger person..and the people i contacted have been receptive ...so i say it was worth it ..

been looking at my camera gallery and all of the food i have ate over the past few months,

to me trying to obtain a blow job isn't necessarily evil haha depending on how u go about obtaining it ....

for me its more like i hate the world and everyone on it haha

i do hope you get some brain for the both of us.

5 months ago '06        #24
Qbert 
space
space
 strungout said
i dont even know why the hell im still doing this ,

i guess its for vanity's sake or those brief moments of the "fasting high"

the first day has become easy especially if im at work i guess im adopted to 24 hour fast now partly because im so excited and thrilled about the idea ...of going on this journey ...day 2 is hard..day 3 is harder..but i still want to push through..

day 4 i dont know...i hit up a lot of people that i haven't talked to in a few weeks and i just sorta reached out and asked how they were doing, normally im on that "if someone doesn't check on me, why should i check on them" mentality ..

but today i haven't been ...i sorta put my feelings aside and am being the bigger person..and the people i contacted have been receptive ...so i say it was worth it ..

been looking at my camera gallery and all of the food i have ate over the past few months,

to me trying to obtain a blow job isn't necessarily evil haha depending on how u go about obtaining it ....

for me its more like i hate the world and everyone on it haha

i do hope you get some brain for the both of us.
I just got home and got some brain today, even left work early for it

I got some of that I hate this world in me too. Got to put that energy to good use somehow. I really need a niche or a home for this energy cause half the time I feel amped up and I'm going to get myself in trouble.

Over the past few months I feel like i've gone over a big change, work isn't even that important to me anymore and it used to be my safe haven.

Kind of been an a**hole to people more and more but not for no reason, just when I'm in a bad spot I don't feel I should have to hide it plus some people never will respect you if you give them love. So why force it?
+3   

5 months ago '05        #25
anonymous414 
space
space
space
Props total: 606 606  Slaps total: 211 211
I fast daily for 12 hours, but 3 days in. Row. fu*k that noise. Id lose gains and several lbs of muscle. Not worth it unless youre a fat fu*k

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+24online now  35
Video inside Simp on phone begging his Girlfriend not to go out with her friend!
155 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  34
Can Y’all Help me I-D this shirt Pop Smoke is rockin!?
87 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+16online now  26
NY Blood Corey King says Blueface & Wack is Food.. Westcoast gotta check in
316 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+261online now  12
Kobes Parents should have gotten some respect on that stage