Oh What a Time.......To be hustler (IT Field)

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x5   |  0 bx goons and 5 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

2 months ago '06        #226
detroitdipset  OP
space
space
Props total: 3193 3 K  Slaps total: 219 219
 FPOT said
I plan on going through a community college for certs in yalls opinion is that a wise no thrills old school keep it simple route to the cheese ?
Yep, if you have the access and the time comm college will give y9ou the structure needed to study effectively. It maybe slower but better for traditional learners
+2   

2 months ago '16        #227
Blackaveli 
space
space
Props total: 1770 1 K  Slaps total: 180 180
 sideshow20 said
I used SQL when i worked at dominos headquarters in ann arbor. I could cripple a store with one click of a button.

but i just got out of the IT field because i hate how the job market is. Contractors are getting the sh*tty end of the stick when companies dont keep up their side of the term of the contracts.
What do you do now? And if a person doesnít like the IT what would be another career you can jump to without a degree?
+1   

2 months ago '04        #228
sideshow20 
space
space
Props total: 1205 1 K  Slaps total: 142 142
 Blackaveli said
What do you do now? And if a person doesnít like the IT what would be another career you can jump to without a degree?
I started my own photography business. And I work part time at the mall
+2   

2 months ago '18        #229
BlackLex 
space
space
space
Props total: 645 645  Slaps total: 112 112
Whats up with the slack invite?
+1   

2 months ago '04        #230
Cutty Olds 
space
space
Props total: 11465 11 K  Slaps total: 1136 1 K
 Blackaveli said
I can draw and paint...I left IT 3 years ago and started tattooing full time and recently being working on my brand and monetizing it.
+2   

2 months ago '06        #231
StreetZ17 
space
space
Props total: 843 843  Slaps total: 71 71
Coming through with a small update for people.

I am still working around with Revature, and luckily? I have accepted to do the PubHub 100 to try to get my foot in. Only because I extremely suck when it comes to the mathematics on being a coder at some points.

Don't believe me? Picture the mathematical a*sessment test being Machete, and I am the goon knowing I have no chance on defeating him.

But there are ways to go the other route, but showing them you want to be in the field and willing to do the a*sessment test can lead you to the PubHub 100. Hopefully, with the right recruiter can lead you the way to that project just to show them you can execute their project the best way.

That's the site for you all to look around, and I can send out invites via email to those are still interested. I'm on Slack too, and just hit me up if you want me to send out an email invite to you.

So what is this PubHub 100? It's a project that Revature that is outside the whole a*sessment testing it is like 85% mathematics based on cal, trig, geo, algebra, and other formulas of problem solving especially breaking things down for example, 2X (X*4Y) + 3Y.

For this project, you will be extending the Book Publishing System of PubHub, a self-publishing platform that allows anyone to write, publish, and sell their own books. You will be provided with an application that comprises the basic functionality for uploading and downloading files from the PubHub database, and it will be your responsibility to add a tagging system. Users should be able to add descriptive tags to books, and then search the application for books based on those tags. You will have to modify the database to support this new data, and write the code that not only stores and retrieves this information to and from the database, but also displays it for a user and allows them to manipulate it through an online interface.
You'll go through 6 Dives within this project, and it all focuses on within the following.

Java
HTML
CSS
JDBC
Servlets
JSPs

During the task of each dive, and video you have to go through? You have to work on building the database that is presented to you. Once this UML is built? You're on your way to an interview? Simple? It's a grind, and I told my recruiter I am willing to take the challenge. Outside of the PubHub 100 project?

You also have other courses you can go through such as...

-Introduction to Java
-Algorithms & Data Structures
-Introduction to Programming
-Developing Web Apps w/ ASP.Net
-Connection .NET apps through SQL Server
-Introduction to C#
-CSS
-Introduction to JS
-HTML
-GULP
-TypeScript
-HTTP
-AngularJS
-AngularJS 2

...and yes, there are quizzes too. If you want to go through this grind, and see how to join in with this company? Apply, or I can send off an invite to you all.
+1   

2 months ago '17        #232
Petieparker 
space
space
Props total: 10999 10 K  Slaps total: 1153 1 K
 StreetZ17 said
Coming through with a small update for people.

I am still working around with Revature, and luckily? I have accepted to do the PubHub 100 to try to get my foot in. Only because I extremely suck when it comes to the mathematics on being a coder at some points.

Don't believe me? Picture the mathematical a*sessment test being Machete, and I am the goon knowing I have no chance on defeating him.

But there are ways to go the other route, but showing them you want to be in the field and willing to do the a*sessment test can lead you to the PubHub 100. Hopefully, with the right recruiter can lead you the way to that project just to show them you can execute their project the best way.

That's the site for you all to look around, and I can send out invites via email to those are still interested. I'm on Slack too, and just hit me up if you want me to send out an email invite to you.

So what is this PubHub 100? It's a project that Revature that is outside the whole a*sessment testing it is like 85% mathematics based on cal, trig, geo, algebra, and other formulas of problem solving especially breaking things down for example, 2X (X*4Y) + 3Y.

You'll go through 6 Dives within this project, and it all focuses on within the following.

Java
HTML
CSS
JDBC
Servlets
JSPs

During the task of each dive, and video you have to go through? You have to work on building the database that is presented to you. Once this UML is built? You're on your way to an interview? Simple? It's a grind, and I told my recruiter I am willing to take the challenge. Outside of the PubHub 100 project?

You also have other courses you can go through such as...

-Introduction to Java
-Algorithms & Data Structures
-Introduction to Programming
-Developing Web Apps w/ ASP.Net
-Connection .NET apps through SQL Server
-Introduction to C#
-CSS
-Introduction to JS
-HTML
-GULP
-TypeScript
-HTTP
-AngularJS
-AngularJS 2

...and yes, there are quizzes too. If you want to go through this grind, and see how to join in with this company? Apply, or I can send off an invite to you all.
Yeah Iím interested.
+2   

2 months ago '06        #233
StreetZ17 
space
space
 Petieparker said
Yeah Iím interested.
Drop me a DM of your email, I'll send you a invite through my laptop. Guys, I'm real serious, and I'll try to send out as many invites as I can for people to join.
+2   

2 months ago '09        #234
LOONATIK 
space
space
Props total: 13250 13 K  Slaps total: 1873 1 K
 xastey said
So it's that time of year again... Self employed /consultant software engineer/system architecture for 11years.

If y'all have any questions let me know
I have a bunch of questions I think lol. Im self training basically, starting with SQL as well, still learning the basics. Is this a good place to start with? I'm pretty techy but not bust down the inside of a computer and fix it techy or coding techy lol. But I like to think I know a lot about technology and the direction its going, basically, is SQL a good spot to start from for someone like me with no coding background whatsoever? Also, I'm using a couple of apps now to learn me a few things, any apps you recommend me to check out? Im using Chrome OS, so anything in the play store is appreciated, free training materials as well is appreciative. Any type of feedback is definitely appreciated.
+2   

2 months ago '06        #235
xastey 
space
space
Props total: 4680 4 K  Slaps total: 441 441
 LOONATIK said
I have a bunch of questions I think lol. Im self training basically, starting with SQL as well, still learning the basics. Is this a good place to start with? I'm pretty techy but not bust down the inside of a computer and fix it techy or coding techy lol. But I like to think I know a lot about technology and the direction its going, basically, is SQL a good spot to start from for someone like me with no coding background whatsoever? Also, I'm using a couple of apps now to learn me a few things, any apps you recommend me to check out? Im using Chrome OS, so anything in the play store is appreciated, free training materials as well is appreciative. Any type of feedback is definitely appreciated.

SQL is a good entry place to start. I actually started with PHP + SQL. Some DBA's can make some crazy money but for me its not something I fully enjoy lol. Knowing SQL is transferable to ANY language and currently everyone is looking for Full Stack Developers so if you do plan to venture into the coding side you will be an easy candidate. One thing though, it is tough to get gigs being ONLY a SQL guy, you will need to have some other language behind that. But after years you can move into being a DBA consultant.

I would say try to pickup some skill with Node.js or PHP.

So Yes it is a good starting point but will be hard to find a gig that JUST needs SQL, typically those require some high level of SQL working on million to billions of records per table type of setups.
+2   

1 month ago '15        #236
jsmooth23 
space
space
Props total: 1375 1 K  Slaps total: 40 40
Just passed my security+ today with 812. Hoping this opens some doors. Getting my vcp next
+7   

1 month ago '06        #237
detroitdipset  OP
space
space
 xastey said
SQL is a good entry place to start. I actually started with PHP + SQL. Some DBA's can make some crazy money but for me its not something I fully enjoy lol. Knowing SQL is transferable to ANY language and currently everyone is looking for Full Stack Developers so if you do plan to venture into the coding side you will be an easy candidate. One thing though, it is tough to get gigs being ONLY a SQL guy, you will need to have some other language behind that. But after years you can move into being a DBA consultant.

I would say try to pickup some skill with Node.js or PHP.

So Yes it is a good starting point but will be hard to find a gig that JUST needs SQL, typically those require some high level of SQL working on million to billions of records per table type of setups.

Very true...

My 3 are SQL, SSIS, and SSRS. I've seen several 80k+/hr gigs with this combination or some of the ones listed here

1 month ago '15        #238
jsmooth23 
space
space
anyone have any experience with Microsoft Azure? looking at getting a cert
+1   

1 month ago '06        #239
detroitdipset  OP
space
space
 jsmooth23 said
anyone have any experience with Microsoft Azure? looking at getting a cert
Not sure about the certs but while studying SSIS and using microsoft visual studios there are several tutorials, I planned to check it out next.
+1   

1 month ago '15        #240
jsmooth23 
space
space
 detroitdipset said
Not sure about the certs but while studying SSIS and using microsoft visual studios there are several tutorials, I planned to check it out next.
Nice! keep me posted on that, i think ima tackle the MCSA Server 2016 then MSCE the cloud platform
+1   

1 month ago '06        #241
detroitdipset  OP
space
space
 jsmooth23 said
Nice! keep me posted on that, i think ima tackle the MCSA Server 2016 then MSCE the cloud platform
Bet, will do
+1   

1 month ago '13        #242
King Sunny 
space
space
space
Props total: 570 570  Slaps total: 268 268
 detroitdipset said
Bet, will do
i sent you a private message
+1   

1 month ago '04        #243
ATLDOPEBOI24 
space
space
Props total: 12287 12 K  Slaps total: 1764 1 K
Sai fu*k it and applied to tech school. Gonna get my a*sociates in computer tech. Im 100% disabled vet so i can afford to not work and just go to school and get paid
+6   

1 month ago '17        #244
Blocka Blocka 
space
space
Props total: 2758 2 K  Slaps total: 626 626
 POPQUiZ said
Tackled my MySQL this year through a Udemy course, wrapping up AWS Solutions Architect will sit for the test in January
Have you sat for the test yet. What cert are you sitting for the AWS?
+2   

4 weeks ago '06        #245
StreetZ17 
space
space
Talking to a old neighborhood friend of mine that left this area for the better he's a developer starting his first gig. I know I've directed you all whose been hitting me up on a PM about Revature. Which it's great where flooding that company is one thing, but he put me on to a company I need to speak to called TekSystems. Anyone familiar? Please drop some info about it, and I will be reaching out and applying with that company through their LinkedIn page. Guys, if Revature not hitting for you (because math sucks), check out TekSystems.

Last edited by StreetZ17; 01-31-2020 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: Had to edit this where I have sent this out mobile.
+1   

4 weeks ago '06        #246
detroitdipset  OP
space
space
 StreetZ17 said
Talking to avold neighborhood friend of mine that left this area for the better he's a developer starting his first gig. I know I've directed you all whose been hitting me up on a PM about Revature. Which it's great where flooding that company is one thing, but he put me on tova company I need to speak to called TekSystems. Anyone familiar? Please drop some info about it, and I will be reaching out and applying with that company through their LinkedIn page. Guys, if Revature not hitting for you (because sucks), check out TekSystems.
Never heard of these I will have to check them out.
+1   

4 weeks ago '06        #247
detroitdipset  OP
space
space
This is a great youtube channel. She breaks the concepts down into smaller more easier digested pieces.

She has a string hindi accent but she has a great way to break them down.

here's her channel, which also has aspects of PSQL, and AI

Last edited by detroitdipset; 01-27-2020 at 04:05 PM..
+1   

4 weeks ago '06        #248
detroitdipset  OP
space
space
delete duplicate

4 weeks ago '10        #249
lboog1423 
space
space
Props total: 27546 27 K  Slaps total: 2630 2 K
 StreetZ17 said
Talking to avold neighborhood friend of mine that left this area for the better he's a developer starting his first gig. I know I've directed you all whose been hitting me up on a PM about Revature. Which it's great where flooding that company is one thing, but he put me on tova company I need to speak to called TekSystems. Anyone familiar? Please drop some info about it, and I will be reaching out and applying with that company through their LinkedIn page. Guys, if Revature not hitting for you (because sucks), check out TekSystems.
teksys the staffing agency?
+2   

4 weeks ago '15        #250
Good Guy Ry 
space
space
Props total: 38256 38 K  Slaps total: 3373 3 K
Been on JS based studies since late '16 but been slacking and lost motivation for damn near a year now. I appreciate everyone in here giving me the motivation to get back to my Tech hustle.
+4   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  42
ESPN is working Paul Pierce like a mule ? Was Charles Barkley right?
67 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+21online now  39
Video inside Simp on phone begging his Girlfriend not to go out with her friend!
130 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+253online now  23
Kobes Parents should have gotten some respect on that stage
258 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+43online now  14
Image(s) inside Feb 24 - Former Chicago police officer Jason Van Dyke beaten by inmate..
95 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy