online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

We're gonna need a bigger subscription base: Gamepa$s adds Jaws-inspired ARPG "Maneater"

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '23        #1
356 page views
16 comments

Typewriter 
Props total: 8771 8 K  Slaps total: 5945 5 K
We're gonna need a bigger subscription base: Gamepa$s adds Jaws-inspired ARPG "Maneater"

The Xbox Game Pa$s catalog has expanded to include Maneater, a highly chaotic ARPG about disrupting the food chain in the bloodiest manner imaginable. This is the 13th title to reach Xbox Game Pa$s in February.

Developed by Roswell, Georgia-based Tripwire Interactive, Maneater stars a female bull shark on a quest to take revenge on a shark hunter who ki1led her mother and left herself disfigured while she was a wee pup. The game was released in 2020 to a decent response from players and critics alike, with many reviewers praising Maneater for its vast open world and addictive gameplay loop revolving around unlocking a wide variety of upgrades that help the bull shark get incrementally better at eating everything from people to boats.

Maneater has now been added to Microsoft's subscription library just three months shy of its four-year release anniversary. It joins a dozen other titles that have already reached Xbox Game Pa$s in February, and is already available across all tiers of the service as of the early morning hours ET on February 27. Its Xbox Game Pa$s debut coincides with a generous sale that currently allows Steam users to grab Maneater at $12.59, or 65% off. Speaking of Valve's storefront, this chaotic game currently has over 10,000 user recommendations to its name, thus being above Steam's "Very Positive" review threshold.

icon
best
icon
worst
16 comments

2 months ago '17        #2
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 124624 124 K  Slaps total: 48367 48 K
This game was fun for a couple hours
+4   

2 months ago '23        #3
Kahlua  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x55
Props total: 23417 23 K  Slaps total: 14257 14 K
This game was already on Gamepass.
They keep removing and adding the same games.
+6   

2 months ago '22        #4
God Bless You 
Props total: 28133 28 K  Slaps total: 23599 23 K
I’ll try it with a trainer enabled

emoji
+1   

2 months ago '11        #5
xArchangeLx 
Props total: 10403 10 K  Slaps total: 2364 2 K
 God Bless You said 🔗
I’ll try it with a trainer enabled

emoji
For real
Sometimes it's the fastest way to get through a slow game LOL

So you get to see all the cool sh1t quickly without wasting all your time grinding
+1   

2 months ago '20        #6
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 183090 183 K  Slaps total: 15029 15 K
 SPdaGOAT said 🔗
This game was fun for a couple hours
It was super fun, I got it two years ago

I thought it was on gamepass, maybe I just got it on a sale.
+1   

2 months ago '23        #7
Typewriter  OP
oh didn't realize they was hyping a re-add lol

2 months ago '17        #8
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 284655 284 K  Slaps total: 27437 27 K
 Blafy said 🔗
It was super fun, I got it two years ago

I thought it was on gamepass, maybe I just got it on a sale.
It was on Gamepass. It was stupid fun but got old really fast.
+1   

2 months ago '05        #9
Krazie 
Props total: 69428 69 K  Slaps total: 13890 13 K
 Kahlua said 🔗
How to ki1l the "developers/publishers hate Game Pass" narrative with one single post.
emoji

2 months ago '11        #10
xArchangeLx 
Props total: 10403 10 K  Slaps total: 2364 2 K
 Krazie said 🔗
How to ki1l the "developers/publishers hate Game Pass" narrative with one single post.
emoji
I always thought that was such a broad statement and untrue. I can see how Gamepa$s could he beneficial to games that didn't meet their sales goals when released initially, but find success from casual gamers once put on Gamepass. Or for indie developers who maybe wouldnt get the attention otheriwse. I also see how it'd hinder major releases. To say developers hate gamepa$s is too broad of a generalization. It has its benefits for sure.

2 months ago '23        #11
Typewriter  OP
 xArchangeLx said 🔗
I always thought that was such a broad statement and untrue. I can see how Gamepa$s could he beneficial to games that didn't meet their sales goals when released initially, but find success from casual gamers once put on Gamepass. Or for indie developers who maybe wouldnt get the attention otheriwse. I also see how it'd hinder major releases. To say developers hate gamepa$s is too broad of a generalization. It has its benefits for sure.
This.

Low-budget, low sales projection game developers are going to love it. They get a guaranteed ROI.

Higher budget games with a little more hype and marketing are probably not a good fit because they'd need to ask for a higher licensing fee from MS, and if they take a low offer and end up being a hit, they're going to leave a lot of money on the table.

Devs don't universally love or despise gamepass, it's just one of many calculations that studio CEOs regarding their business strategy.

2 months ago '19        #12
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 58530 58 K  Slaps total: 6856 6 K
I'm playing the Yakuza games on gamepa$s atm
emoji

2 months ago '22        #13
Swamp Hog  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7573 7 K  Slaps total: 1585 1 K
emoji
+1   

2 months ago '12        #14
Bazileus 
Props total: 15666 15 K  Slaps total: 3488 3 K
Microsoft's Xbox Game Pa$s service now has 34 million subscribers. That's up 36 percent from the 25 million Microsoft previously reported more than two years ago.

Damn CoD and Diablo dropping on there this year too. I wonder what that will do

emoji

2 months ago '20        #15
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 183090 183 K  Slaps total: 15029 15 K
 Kahlua said 🔗
 Naga Sadow said 🔗
It was on Gamepass. It was stupid fun but got old really fast.
 Krazie said 🔗
emoji
 xArchangeLx said 🔗
 Typewriter said 🔗
This.

Low-budget, low sales projection game developers are going to love it. They get a guaranteed ROI.

Higher budget games with a little more hype and marketing are probably not a good fit because they'd need to ask for a higher licensing fee from MS, and if they take a low offer and end up being a hit, they're going to leave a lot of money on the table.

Devs don't universally love or despise gamepass, it's just one of many calculations that studio CEOs regarding their business strategy.
They do use the same games and devs for those sales all the time. Sometimes it’s other games, but sh1t a$s CREED (all of them) and Watch Dogs are always on sale.

Gamepa$s does take away games and bring them back. Older games and games that didn’t sale well should be on gamepass. I think Marvel vs Capcom infinite maybe on gamepass, that is the perfect game for it. I don’t know if that Power Rangers fighting game is on gamepa$s or not, but that would work well.
+2   

2 months ago '17        #16
434ta3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 13250 13 K  Slaps total: 3368 3 K
This sh1t was on Playstation plus years ago..I played it bout 30 minutes and deleted that sh1t
emoji

2 months ago '21        #17
Fatt Kidd 
Props total: 18845 18 K  Slaps total: 6399 6 K
 434ta3 said 🔗
This sh1t was on Playstation plus years ago..I played it bout 30 minutes and deleted that sh1t
emoji
It was on Gamepa$s years ago too
+1   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+9711
THEORY: Joe Budden Believes That Drake Owns Their Publishing Via Larry Jackson..
348 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props-1911
Drake posts Kendrick’s Manager On His IG Once Again
70 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+177
Video inside They made an Israeli clone of Ice Spice