online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Teslas stranded after cold weather

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

3 months ago '17        #151
Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 104000 104 K  Slaps total: 9339 9 K
 Thisizdray said 🔗
So we going to pretend gas power cars don’t break down in extreme winter conditions?

Oh okay
And we also gonna act like gas stations don't run out of gas in bad weather as well

emoji
+2   

3 months ago '23        #152
WalkLight225  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 2512 2 K  Slaps total: 205 205
 Javon23 said 🔗
In Chicago yes this is a typical winter for them.
And no Teslas are not new but the rate of new consumers who now own them are, which is the issue in regards to the current charging network not keeping up with supply/demand.
They said the same thing about internet, streaming, cell phones, etc. There's a roll out this year for contractors to upgrade the infrastructure to the tune of 2 Trillion dollars. I'm one of the contractors that'll be in the southeast region. Yall n1ggas be talking without all the facts. We're going electric and nothing stopping these mfkrs.

+1   

3 months ago '04        #153
Javon23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 93409 93 K  Slaps total: 17904 17 K
 WalkLight225 said 🔗
They said the same thing about internet, streaming, cell phones, etc. There's a roll out this year for contractors to upgrade the infrastructure to the tune of 2 Trillion dollars. I'm one of the contractors that'll be in the southeast region. Yall n1ggas be talking without all the facts. We're going electric and nothing stopping these mfkrs.

Without facts? n1gga OPs news video is reality and a fact.
Yes in due time everything is going electric but no time soon and we are talking about NOW.
Folks are getting screwed NOW.
You want more facts
Here are Facts

3 months ago '22        #154
TheWolf 
Props total: 3350 3 K  Slaps total: 2116 2 K
 Jim Gunther said 🔗
The brake actuator.

Wow

Good job

3 months ago '13        #155
Phenom354 
Props total: 60105 60 K  Slaps total: 3908 3 K
It's a bunch of ride share people that do not know how to charge in the cold.

To be fair they shouldn't need to know about preconditioning the battery and all that but a little knowledge avoids all this.

3 months ago '07        #156
Jae_Mike  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5238 5 K  Slaps total: 764 764
This falls on the end user. If you are low on charge it will reduce range to maintain battery temperature that powers the drive unit. It's not a Tesla issue it is a user error.

3 months ago '07        #157
 Phenom354 said 🔗
It's a bunch of ride share people that do not know how to charge in the cold.

To be fair they shouldn't need to know about preconditioning the battery and all that but a little knowledge avoids all this.
Preconditioning happens when you GPS to the nearest charger

3 months ago '07        #158
 Javon23 said 🔗
Without facts? n1gga OPs news video is reality and a fact.
Yes in due time everything is going electric but no time soon and we are talking about NOW.
Folks are getting screwed NOW.
You want more facts
Here are Facts
↪🔗
↪🔗

↪🔗
I can speak to all of that.

Hertz rents their cars out to dumb asses and dlnprivide them information at all on where to charge nothing. Customers damages car now it needs repair. Guess who foots the bills.

Consumer report has a bias against Evs, it's well documented.

Also Ford not making Evs because the lighting failed and had a recall of spontaneous combustion
+1   

3 months ago '23        #159
D3STR0 
Props total: 1496 1 K  Slaps total: 245 245
 Thisizdray said 🔗
My car battery has died due to the cold before….

Also during hurricane sandy the gas stations literally ran out of gas and I wasn’t able to gas up.

Guess what, my electricity still worked…..

This sounds more like a lack of preparedness as opposed to a “ha look Teslas don’t work”
We had a gas shortage because the electricity at the gas station was out as well as the refinery. So guess what? If you had an EV you’d probably be assed out too unless you have power and a charger at home.

3 months ago '04        #160
CrAkKedOuT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27295 27 K  Slaps total: 4699 4 K
 Tikyle2 said 🔗
You crazy af. It all depends on your usage. I'll blow all y'all gas powered guzzlers out the paint down here in Miami in my Model Y. I be racing Maserati's and Bugatti's and kick their a$s 0-60.

If you're a truck driver or drive long distances 3+ hr car drives regularly than gas beats the Tesla but if you're just commuting and can plug up at home I'm ki1ling you. Had the Tesla for 6 months, never had to hit a charging station and my monthly electric bill is the same. I'm WINNING!!!
How much more is your car insurance over your gas powered car? How much more is it to register you car? Just wondering.

3 months ago '04        #161
Tikyle2 
Props total: 15745 15 K  Slaps total: 2134 2 K
 CrAkKedOuT said 🔗
How much more is your car insurance over your gas powered car? How much more is it to register you car? Just wondering.
Registration is the same. In FL we pay tax on the purchase price and like $40/year for registration.

My insurance is high af but this is the first new car I've ever bought so I don't know if it's new car high or EV high. But I'm at like $300/month for the Y and a '08 RAV4.

3 months ago '13        #162
Phenom354 
Props total: 60105 60 K  Slaps total: 3908 3 K
 Jae_Mike said 🔗
Preconditioning happens when you GPS to the nearest charger
This is information I already know.

Fact is it still takes time to precondition. If these people live close to the superchargers then they may not even get to start the precondition by the time they arrive. I live 2 mins away from a supercharger, wouldn't be effective to me unless I drove around aimlessly.

Some people know where the chargers are and maybe not know the importance of using the navigation to trigger the precondition.

Last edited by Phenom354; 01-23-2024 at 07:24 PM..

3 months ago '07        #163
 Phenom354 said 🔗
This is information I already know.

Fact is it still takes time to precondition. If these people live close to the superchargers then they may not even get to start the precondition by the time they arrive. I live 2 mins away from a supercharger, wouldn't be effective to me unless I drove around aimlessly.

Some people know where the chargers are and maybe not know the importance of using the navigation to trigger the precondition.
You can do it remotely from app also fyi, alot of people who buy Tesla are not aware of the cars features
+1   

3 months ago '16        #164
Ldogg310v2 
Props total: 28953 28 K  Slaps total: 2921 2 K
 deziking said 🔗
Imagine you in hurry and get message your vehicle needs update smh fu#k up outta here
emoji
emoji
emoji
Bruh they charge for updates too
emoji

3 months ago '16        #165
Ldogg310v2 
 deziking said 🔗
Imagine you in hurry and get message your vehicle needs update smh fu#k up outta here
emoji
emoji
emoji
emoji

My son's Ford fusion charges $250 to update the infotainment system. Wtf part of the game is that
+2   

3 months ago '04        #166
deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13 OP
Props total: 52723 52 K  Slaps total: 5820 5 K
 Ldogg310v2 said 🔗
emoji

My son's Ford fusion charges $250 to update the infotainment system. Wtf part of the game is that
emoji

3 months ago '07        #167
 Ldogg310v2 said 🔗
emoji
Tesla doesn't charge for updates

3 months ago '16        #168
Ldogg310v2 
 Jae_Mike said 🔗
Tesla doesn't charge for updates
If u read I was talking about my son's car.

2 months ago '06        #169
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 139916 139 K  Slaps total: 5937 5 K
i honestly didnt know that people bought electric cars and didnt have a charger at home

wow, is that common????

seems very dumb

2 months ago '06        #170
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 139916 139 K  Slaps total: 5937 5 K
 Ldogg310v2 said 🔗
emoji

^^ wait what???

2 months ago '16        #171
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 98399 98 K  Slaps total: 11927 11 K
It’s funny some of you sound like housewives with the classism

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+21929
Drake - Drop and Give Me 50 diss [Push Ups] (Final Version)
677 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+8720
Image(s) inside Drake responds calls Ross racist
449 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Candace Owen's baby shower pic is going viral
224 comments