BLACK PANTHER Chadwick Boseman Questions The Timing Of Scorsese’s Marvel Comments

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '17        #26
Lazy 
space
space
space
Props total: 10974 10 K  Slaps total: 1322 1 K
 O1as said
I gotchu homie

Wakanda in this hoe.

Kang T'Challa has spoken. You're welcome peons.

Warner brothers cut Scorsese's checks, so of course he'll d*cklick the joker and D.C.s clownshow.

Haters See Wakanda and DIE!, Thanos can get all the smoke!

Defend Wakanda at all costs.
He spelled costs right!

My God

1 month ago '17        #27
E Boogie 
space
space
space
Props total: 53 53  Slaps total: 5 5
 016z said
So white guys robbing stealing and k*lling is what entertainment is huh?
fu*king preach! some of ya’ll act like Martin is the end all be all & all his sh*ts are some thought provoking, society influencing, Oscar worthy film, foh. n*gga needs to take his accolades & sit his a*s down somewhere
+1   

1 month ago '17        #28
Almighty HA 
space
space
Props total: 7506 7 K  Slaps total: 472 472
Martin is a genius but I said this when he said it: he's petty and being nitpicky. He ain't say sh*t about the 10 lame a*s Star Wars films or any other "universe"- i personally think he just don't fu*k with industry folks in MCU. Prolly something we won't ever know...

I also think Martin and others in his age group(ie. Francis Ford & Jodie Foster) are just threatened because it's a new day and age. For example, I love my 90s-00s hip-hop but I can't hate on what the youngns do. I love CDs but technology changes. It's hard to let go off things you love. But to say they are cheesy and pretty much discredit the movie for being fun, is kinda lame. He's a genius of film making but c'mon duke. You can't put a thing like movies in one box. That's the beauty of entertainment right now: the world has a lot to offer now more than before. But that's his personal opinion so ima let him have it

Last edited by Almighty HA; 11-09-2019 at 09:49 AM..
+3   

1 month ago '14        #29
Alpallday 
space
space
Props total: 2362 2 K  Slaps total: 478 478
 Godric said
What an uninformed comment from him the movie will be in theatres and is in select theatres right now. In reality the comments are more likely aimed towards the people who had to lobby and cry about Black Panther being nominated for best picture when it wasn't even close to being worthy of it.
Youre uninformed. To be oscar nominated your movie has to be released in a certain number of theatres which the Irishman will not be. This is mainly a Netflix miniseries shown in full. Scorsese has been campaigning because netflix movies dont meet the Oscar criteria. Nice try tho

1 month ago '12        #30
Ricky Retardo 
space
space
Props total: 25807 25 K  Slaps total: 2104 2 K
Chadwick took it there...

Didnt want it to be that way, but it is what it is. Not sure if Scorcese was referring to Black Panther by name in his comments but the story telling and the message along with the dialogue hasn't been done on that level and of course someone who thrives off storytelling would want that massive of an audience.

To downplay the impact is hating not getting that same impact, even though his films are classic.

It's like that Patti labelle TBC intv...woman is a legend with countless classics but still wants to go diamond one record.
+1   

1 month ago '14        #31
Alpallday 
space
space
Props total: 2362 2 K  Slaps total: 478 478
sh*ts retarded. Whats the difference between marvel and fu*kin any other film? Outside of marvel having decades of story and it's own mythos? Its just hate. Ive never been to a film where the whole theatre goes through the same emotions while watching the movie. Whole place laughing to crying. Thats art. Thats cinema.
+1   

1 month ago '16        #32
PrinceDreSON 
space
space
Props total: 3144 3 K  Slaps total: 776 776
Black Panther was an overrated convoluted film with a CGI sh*t fest final battle. People shill for it and the reason it got nominated was to pander to POCs.

1 month ago '12        #33
AlienGod 
space
space
space
Props total: 227 227  Slaps total: 231 231
Martin is right. Most superheroes movies which includes pretty much all of Marvel are made for entertainment/monetary purposes which there is nothing wrong with but you have to call a spade a spade. Literally the Joker, that one movie has more substance and depth than pretty much EVERY Marvel movie combined.

1 month ago '04        #34
JFamis 
space
space
Props total: 8064 8 K  Slaps total: 1134 1 K
 Alpallday said
Youre uninformed. To be oscar nominated your movie has to be released in a certain number of theatres which the Irishman will not be. This is mainly a Netflix miniseries shown in full. Scorsese has been campaigning because netflix movies dont meet the Oscar criteria. Nice try tho
The Irishman will be shown in enough theaters to be nominated. And as someone who has seen it, it feels like a movie and not anything close to a miniseries.

1 month ago '17        #35
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 43095 43 K  Slaps total: 10042 10 K
Some people are questioning the timing of him starring in a cop movie too, but thats neither here nor there

1 month ago '17        #36
space
space
Aaaaaand The Irishman is in theatres lol

1 month ago '17        #37
space
space
 whodatb1 said
hes right tho ...... how convenient to speak on marvel movies now....

also ... i guess he ever saw justice league...bvs.... aquaman .... suicide squad .....

how convenient when hes been in bed with DC .......
He got asked about Marvel

1 month ago '17        #38
space
space
 Darealness420 said
Boseman talking bout how black people never had a superhero like him yet meteor man came out 20 yrs before that
Blade too
+1   

1 month ago '17        #39
space
space
 Micheal C. Will said
People keep trying to over-analyze a guy who is just mad his films don't get the same love as "Marvel" films get.
You’ve said a lot of dumb sh*t before but holy fu*king sh*t

1 month ago '17        #40
Movadovato 
space
space
space
Props total: 2650 2 K  Slaps total: 552 552
Chad is the best at speaking....whats ill about it is he shot back.

Scoresses is the white guy who k*lls black guys off.

+1   

1 month ago '04        #41
justinjones 
space
space
Props total: 18224 18 K  Slaps total: 1129 1 K
 Alpallday said

yea they do and they have for a couple of years now

Movies from streaming platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime will still be eligible for Academy Awards, the film body’s board said.

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences voted to leave a key rule on eligibility unchanged. The rule allows any film to be considered for an Oscar, so long as they have a minimum seven-day theatrical run in a Los Angeles theatre.

Motion pictures can appear on a streaming service on or after the day of their theatrical run and still be eligible for an award.

all the irshman had to do is run in theatre for a week in L.A. thats the requirement. which has been running in l.a since it premiered on november 1st. it'll be on netflix on the 20th after it goes to other places for limited releases

also

how did he get these if roma (a netflix movie) didn't count?

Last edited by justinjones; 11-09-2019 at 11:50 AM..
+1   

1 month ago '16        #42
Givenchyx 
space
space
Props total: 12697 12 K  Slaps total: 916 916
 Alpallday said
Wtf you saying ROMA was a Netflix miniseries like you call it and it won a few Oscars and I’m sure the Irishman will do the same ,sh*t is a masterpiece

1 month ago '05        #43
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
Props total: 41606 41 K  Slaps total: 6157 6 K
 SPdaGOAT said
You’ve said a lot of dumb sh*t before but holy fu*king sh*t
You're one of the corny internet trolls I was talking about, quote me again I know you want too.

You won't get a reply back.

1 month ago '05        #44
Emperor85 
space
space
space
Props total: 10705 10 K  Slaps total: 2763 2 K
 YAYO101 said
Yeah it is true, not a coincidence that he started saying all this stuff around the time his new project The Irishman is getting ready to come out

Trying to Bash Superhero movies because they're dominating the Box Office comes off as very petty and a bit Jealous

The Man is Genius no doubt
he was asked a question by a reporter during his press run for his new film and he answered it with his opinion .....its not like he came out of nowhere talking down on marvel films just for the sake of it
+2   

1 month ago '05        #45
Emperor85 
space
space
space
 justinjones said

yea they do and they have for a couple of years now

all the irshman had to do is run in theatre for a week in L.A. thats the requirement. which has been running in l.a since it premiered on november 1st. it'll be on netflix on the 20th after it goes to other places for limited releases

also

how did he get these if roma (a netflix movie) didn't count?
ROMA was a foreign film..... most foreign film never get into US theaters, so im sure they have a different criteria to get nominated

Last edited by Emperor85; 11-09-2019 at 02:21 PM..

1 month ago '05        #46
Emperor85 
space
space
space
 PrinceDreSON said
Black Panther was an overrated convoluted film with a CGI sh*t fest final battle. People shill for it and the reason it got nominated was to pander to POCs.
dont forget the horrible soundtrack.... i just couldnt finish the film, it was so ehhh

1 month ago '17        #47
space
space
 Emperor85 said
dont forget the horrible soundtrack.... i just couldnt finish the film, it was so ehhh
Some dude tried telling that soundtrack was better than any of Scorsese’s

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #48
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 74118 74 K  Slaps total: 33430 33 K
 JFamis said
It came up because a random reporter asked him about it at a press junket for The Irishman. Not hard to figure out.
Yeah n*ggas reaching too hard. These comic book stans don't play about they movies:deapg:
+2   

1 month ago '04        #49
justinjones 
space
space
Props total: 18224 18 K  Slaps total: 1129 1 K
 Emperor85 said
ROMA was a foreign film..... most foreign film never get into US theaters, so im sure they have a different criteria to get nominated
even with Roman being a foreign film mud bound got nominated for stuff the year before that. The only time it really came an issue for them was for beast of no nation and o think it was because it wasnt in theaters long enough. I think it ran for 3 days before it was on Netflix if I remember right
+1   

1 month ago '19        #50
Dickhead 
space
space
space
Props total: 4794 4 K  Slaps total: 1775 1 K
 1Oh said
Black Panther II on the way.

"But it's so overrated!"

It was fu*king terrible.

You all wanna say awards dont matter when your pick loses xbut then use them as proof something is good when something you like wins.

Awards mean nothing and black panther sucked the way every marvel movie sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  24
Video inside Lord jamar :: "If that man never took lucid dream royalties, juice wou..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+149online now  12
Image(s) inside Most iconic timberlands are about to release
164 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+16online now  8
Image(s) inside How the 2000’s generation transitioned into the 2010’s
85 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  5
Video inside Michael Franzese Tells Vlad The Irishman Is A Lie De Niro’s Character D..
67 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy