Under Armour brand in financial trouble

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
59 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section gear

1 month ago '19        #51
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5 OP
space
space
Props total: 10128 10 K  Slaps total: 2659 2 K
 justin747 said
Adidas makes THE worst workout gear HANDS DOWN. Their sizing is all over the place. Their compression pants flare out at the bottom like bell Bottoms.
I just wear their t-shirts, shorts, and warm-up pants. I just wear regular casual clothes when I work out. I used to wear compression shorts, but I stopped doing that a long time ago.

1 month ago '15        #52
Teddy KGB 
space
space
Props total: 57764 57 K  Slaps total: 7545 7 K
Nike, Jordan, Polo, And a lot of other successful brands are sold at discount stores, too. Under Armour shouldn’t try to use that as an excuse. The problem is people never really loved UA like that. They were more of a fad because of their moisture wicking apparel. Soldiers use to Rick with them heavy during the height of the war, and I think that’s when it really started taking off. Nobody is buying that stuff anymore. And really, when is the last time you saw someone rocking some UA sneakers, let alone when did you think to yourself I need to cop a pair?

1 month ago '08        #53
RokkyRok 
space
space
Props total: 981 981  Slaps total: 168 168
Weird how everyone skipped what actually happened

"Plank’s tortured journey began in February, when the CEO of the Baltimore-based sportswear-maker declared himself a fan of Trump. In an interview on CNBC, he praised the president as “pro-business” and a “real a*set” for the nation just as debate raged over an executive order to halt the U.S. admission of people from Muslim-majority countries.

The backlash was immediate, and not just from outraged shoppers. Three of the brand’s biggest star athletes came out against Plank’s statements. Basketball superstar Stephen Curry—Under Armour’s prized sneaker pitchman—mocked Trump and raised the possibility he would sever ties with the company. Actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson said Plank’s words were “divisive.” Misty Copeland, the ballet icon and star of the company’s women’s clothing campaigns, said she strongly disagreed with the CEO.

Then a Wall Street analyst downgraded the company."

+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #54
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 72742 72 K  Slaps total: 32966 32 K
 BLACK FIST said
damn, that's fu*ked up. i'm UA'd out with the gym gear. if they fold, what's a good replacement brand?
Nike what the real winners wear
+3   

1 month ago '14        #55
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
Props total: 22274 22 K  Slaps total: 4599 4 K
fu*king Ralph Lauren is at TJ Maxx too...

UA will be alright. They have to fix their shoes. It all hinges on the shoes for those kids in question. They build entire outfits and brand image based around what shoe is hot.

BLACK FIST said
damn, that's fu*ked up. i'm UA'd out with the gym gear. if they fold, what's a good replacement brand?
If you want to try some actual quality brands...

No Bull is dope, but my favorite is Vuori.

Last edited by FukHowYouFeel; 11-06-2019 at 12:38 PM..
+1   

1 month ago '04        #56
biscuit 
space
space
Props total: 29006 29 K  Slaps total: 2599 2 K
 BLACK FIST said
Nike.
+2   

4 weeks ago '09        #57
ReggieA 
space
space
Props total: 19958 19 K  Slaps total: 414 414
I use UA mainly for pants, shorts, and hoodies shoes been trash. I tried to find some decent shoes to ref basketball in didn't see none I liked

I did go to the UA Outlet like 2 months ago, everything in there was on clearance, like they was really going out of business soon or something.

4 weeks ago '04        #58
Da_realness 
space
space
Props total: 5710 5 K  Slaps total: 1143 1 K
Anytime i see someone rocking under armour the look bummy anyways so dont know where yall get premium from

4 weeks ago '19        #59
zzxxccvvbb 
space
space
space
Props total: 5869 5 K  Slaps total: 793 793
 jaytxxl said
There lies the problem 99% of they’re success was based on Steph and Cam Newton at the height of they popularity.. Now the Warriors ain’t the hot team and Cam can’t stay healthy ain’t nobody checking for em.. They MVP years n*ggas was wearing tf outta UA
You're young bro.

Click-Clack!
+1   

4 weeks ago '15        #60
mwtx 
space
space
Props total: 7630 7 K  Slaps total: 1320 1 K
Never liked their logo, but UA’s quality is pretty damn good if you ask me.

I’m a Nike head but they seem to be gettin cheap, Ts will have strings coming out n sh*t.

Last edited by mwtx; 11-07-2019 at 04:26 AM..
+2   

4 weeks ago '18        #61
doseygabana 
space
space
space
Props total: 4023 4 K  Slaps total: 1042 1 K
if your brand only make money when a celeb endorses it, your sh*t was never hot

under armour made the ugliest active-wear since their inception, especially that logo

+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #62
allies 
space
space
space
Props total: 208 208  Slaps total: 40 40
 jaytxxl said
There lies the problem 99% of they’re success was based on Steph and Cam Newton at the height of they popularity.. Now the Warriors ain’t the hot team and Cam can’t stay healthy ain’t nobody checking for em.. They MVP years n*ggas was wearing tf outta UA
lmaooo some real derps in this thread (not just you). they IPO'd in 2005 with nearly a billion dollar valuation. Had nothing to do with shoes. Shoe's were only added recently because they needed a new revenue driver after retail clothing flattened.
+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #63
prexero  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 1176 1 K  Slaps total: 157 157
Their logo is trash.

4 weeks ago '15        #64
MightyHealthy2 
space
space
Props total: 55352 55 K  Slaps total: 5730 5 K
 Qbert said
Was looking for a gym bag, seen the prices at 70$ and up.
Like deadass, i be seeing them sh*ts on amazon for those prices & hit the For that much it better hide bricks or something.

TMC
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #65
Almighty HA 
space
space
Props total: 7431 7 K  Slaps total: 466 466
 ptwist said
Thought about copping the rocks shoe for workouts but sh*t is steep.

I do like their joggers and shorts though. I think they’re a little heavy handed on the branding in their designs.

Steph getting injured ain’t gonna help either
this is why i can't rock they sh*t like that. the logo doesn't have eye appealing quality and it's too big. plus, alot of their gear is focused on workout clothes. nothing wrong with that but nike, adidas, etc. have higher end gear and also casual/everyday gear.
+1   

4 weeks ago '12        #66
kiddalex 
space
space
Props total: 14129 14 K  Slaps total: 1239 1 K
 Woke4eva said
I see Nike being sold at T.J Maxx, Marshall’s and Ross. Don’t believe the hype.
I was going to post the same thing. Can't think of a single athletic brand I ain't seen at one of them markdown joints, I see Nikes there all the time they seem to be ok.
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #67
Woke4eva 
space
space
space
Props total: 3233 3 K  Slaps total: 527 527

Fortune says K.D partly responsible for U/A demise.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune.com/2017/08/29/kevin-durant-under-armour-stock/amp/

So K.D went to the Warriors to get rings and make a public statement on how Stephs company is trash.

+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #68
bigtrevdogg 
space
space
Props total: 1229 1 K  Slaps total: 171 171
All I ever see wearing the brand are hillbilly's...

4 weeks ago '11        #69
bkamagnum 
space
space
Props total: 1061 1 K  Slaps total: 289 289
I used to trade their stock and came to believe that Under Armor needs to either work on becoming a more of a lifestyle brand or attrition of their footprint

4 weeks ago '04        #70
allies 
space
space
space
Props total: 208 208  Slaps total: 40 40
 bkamagnum said
I used to trade their stock and came to believe that Under Armor needs to either work on becoming a more of a lifestyle brand or attrition of their footprint
Agreed. IMO they shouldn't have made the move away from "sports technology gear". Yeah top line ballooned but they lost all profitability and now are just stuck

4 weeks ago '13        #71
Semeautomatic 
space
space
Props total: 7481 7 K  Slaps total: 910 910
 BLACK FIST said
N-I-K-E, Just do it!
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #72
patt24 
space
space
Props total: 5814 5 K  Slaps total: 865 865
under armour L shirts whether its hoodies/tees/tanks whatever fit way better than nikes L

4 weeks ago '04        #73
Adwerdz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 51142 51 K  Slaps total: 9876 9 K
 woke4eva said
i see nike being sold at t.j maxx, marshall’s and ross. Don’t believe the hype.
polo too

4 weeks ago '04        #74
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 10873 10 K  Slaps total: 1907 1 K
Champion became mainstream again and fu*ked up their sales....facts... and they cant blame it in their product being in the tj max etc... cause addidas, nike, etc.. are all in those stores and they are good.... always found UA wack anyway.....

4 weeks ago '06        #75
imthatinfamous 
space
space
Props total: 10117 10 K  Slaps total: 4144 4 K
 BLACK FIST said
they won't "fold" too much brand recognition.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+60online now  23
Image(s) inside Benny the Butcher 2019 Spotify Numbers
67 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  12
OT Julian Newman Scored 5,000 POINTS in HS.. Why isn’t he..
92 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+28online now  10
Dec 5 - Innocent Bystander and Hostage Killed by Police after Robbery and UPS ..
234 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+25online now  9
Image(s) inside Dec 5 - DISTURBING photo by West Virginia prison guards leads to Mass ..
134 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy