Shaquille O’Neal’s Money Advice To Young People

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
14 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

3 months ago '15        #51
TheTrollPole  3 heat pts3
space
space
$1,298   Props total: 3764 3764
 ArabianPrince said
Anyone have advice on what to do with an extra 400-500 a month?
Find something high ticket to sell (Or create It), learn how to run ads, Spend that extra 400 - 500 a month on ads, facebook or google, make money
+2   

3 months ago '05        #52
th4lb  6 heat pts6
space
space
$4,858   Props total: 7732 7732
I would imagine if you’re an nba rookie you could still live a good life off that 25% between per diem, sh*t you get for free, not having a family or wife, etc
+2   

3 months ago '04        #53
badboy600  20 heat pts20
space
space
$6,126   Props total: 3824 3824
 biscuit said
Props for this.

Someone post all the businesses this dude owns. Despite being entertaining as hell with Chuck, this dude is a solid business man and investor.
He gets props for the business success but this n*gga is not entertaining at all. He ruined the whole dynamic of NBA on TNT . You can't hardly understand anything he says and his attitude sucks. Someone told him he was funny a long time ago and he must've really believed it

3 months ago '17        #54
Tempus1  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$4,319   Props total: 14448 14448
Shaq wouldn’t even be able to give financial advice to someone who makes 50,000 a year

3 months ago '13        #55
North!!!  459 heat pts459
space
space
$63,610   Props total: 61198 61198
 Tempus1 said
Shaq wouldn’t even be able to give financial advice to someone who makes 50,000 a year
maybe, maybe not...

the best thing at that pay scale is to pay off debts and develop an emergency fund/savings if you don't have it

no debt, some liquidity is the basis to wealth...
+2   

3 months ago '19        #56
Cole Robinson 
space
space
$60   Props total: 581 581
Stop being a slave to money living your whole life chasing wealth, you have a limited time on earth spending your life chasing something you can't take with you

3 months ago '04        #57
lilshun  53 heat pts53
space
space
$10,973   Props total: 4974 4974
Saving real easy to do is youre disciplined with your money
+2   

3 months ago '13        #58
space
space
 Cole Robinson said
Stop being a slave to money living your whole life chasing wealth, you have a limited time on earth spending your life chasing something you can't take with you
money is not the only or most important thing

but you gotta stack up

money only a concern to those who don't got it

they gotta spend every second worrying bout it...

those with it have freedom/options
+3   

3 months ago '09        #59
That Guy Fly  21 heat pts21
space
space
$74,062   Props total: 22788 22788
 Tonero said
Id be more impressed if shaq actually had businesses beyond car washes , gyms and restaurants. If he doing so well why take money to do corny commercials?
The commercials are part of the deal when he signs on to partner up with companies

3 months ago '18        #60
Dehone 
space
space
$4,737   Props total: 15708 15708
Shaq Diesel
+1   

3 months ago '04        #61
ddash  1 heat pts1
space
space
$25,993   Props total: 10686 10686
def good advice for sports players.The issue is alot of them came from nothing and this they first real money.But overall great message.Its crazy how much they blow on dumbsh*t like strip clubs and having numerous kids tho.

That part I never understood.
+3   

3 months ago '13        #62
space
space
 ddash said
def good advice for sports players.The issue is alot of them came from nothing and this they first real money.But overall great message.Its crazy how much they blow on dumbsh*t like strip clubs and having numerous kids tho.

That part I never understood.
the fact that dudes go raw in multiple women and have all them babies is super crazy

they can potentially garner your whole checks for child support
+2   

3 months ago '17        #63
2007  2 heat pts2
space
space
$4,232   Props total: 4958 4958
 Tonero said
Id be more impressed if shaq actually had businesses beyond car washes , gyms and restaurants. If he doing so well why take money to do corny commercials?
$1 + $1= $2. Every dollar counts
+1   

3 months ago '19        #64
ArabianPrince  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$1,050   Props total: 11522 11522
 TheTrollPole said
Find something high ticket to sell (Or create It), learn how to run ads, Spend that extra 400 - 500 a month on ads, facebook or google, make money
Man I was just thinking about this earlier. Putting a good product out and putting a set amount towards Facebook ads every month.

3 months ago '15        #65
TheTrollPole  3 heat pts3
space
space
$1,298   Props total: 3764 3764
 ArabianPrince said
Man I was just thinking about this earlier. Putting a good product out and putting a set amount towards Facebook ads every month.
That's pretty much to formula I use to make my money, if you willing to put the work in....it pays lovely
+1   

3 months ago '17        #66
LarryFresh  2 heat pts2
space
space
$1,098   Props total: 3014 3014
Doesn’t Shaq trick on these hoes buying them cars and sh*t? Just stories I’ve heard....

3 months ago '17        #67
Belize123 
space
space
$387   Props total: 923 923
You can never become "rich" / "wealthy" by saving money you earn from a decent/normal/average 9-5. In order to become rich/wealthy in the US you need big money to start with and invest in some form of a revenue driven venture. Unless you run into a big lawsuit or inherit a large sum of money and apply said funds to a profitable investment vehicle, it's damn near impossible to become rich/wealthy.

Yes you can buy property and eventually cash in, but it's your kids who inherit that property can become rich/wealthy after they flip your now debt free investment into a larger property.
+2   

3 months ago '13        #68
The Originator  15 heat pts15
space
space
$9,859   Props total: 6598 6598
I research on what to invest in and make that gamble.

3 months ago '05        #69
Quddus  13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$17,008   Props total: 8893 8893
 North!!! said
it's mindset of money

just cuz you have money don't mean you're smart wit money

that's why athletes and lottery winners go broke

someone with a poor person's mentality with end up poor even if you give them 100M's

there's people making like 300k but spend like 300k a year

thus have literally no wealth...

you just have to start where you are

at whatever income level you're at now

start with paying off debts and saving more than a few months of emergency funds

read the automatic millionaire...

It's not about the mindset set though. If you making 18 million a year in salary it's easy for you to become a franchise king. Yes not everyone is good with money.

But when you have more than enough you need to live it is very easy for a person to go and invest it. Not all investments can be a winner but if you got more than enough you have a better chance of hitting a home run with your investments.

I doubt Shaq would have taken a 100k a year salary and turned into a 400 million dollar empire.
+2   

3 months ago '05        #70
Quddus  13 heat pts13
space
space
space
 Belize123 said
You can never become "rich" / "wealthy" by saving money you earn from a decent/normal/average 9-5. In order to become rich/wealthy in the US you need big money to start with and invest in some form of a revenue driven venture. Unless you run into a big lawsuit or inherit a large sum of money and apply said funds to a profitable investment vehicle, it's damn near impossible to become rich/wealthy.

Yes you can buy property and eventually cash in, but it's your kids who inherit that property can become rich/wealthy after they flip your now debt free investment into a larger property.
Exactly bro these dudes in here talking like it's simple. Trying to get rich by saving up some paychecks gone leave you dying still trying to get there. Unless you doing something out here that is bringing you in a lot of money it is not going to be easy for a person to become rich.

Most people I see become rich are making a great deal of money. I know a dude who a doctor. Yes, he has 6 figure income but he has a sh*t load of student loans.

If I want to open up franchise I need to have million-dollars cash on hand. If I was a pro athlete making 15 million a year that would be an easy investment decision. A lot of the things Shaq invested in would be easy.

Seems like his advice is better for his peers rather than the average person.

3 months ago '13        #71
fredfiness  5 heat pts5
space
space
$4,434   Props total: 5540 5540
 Quddus said
Exactly bro these dudes in here talking like it's simple. Trying to get rich by saving up some paychecks gone leave you dying still trying to get there. Unless you doing something out here that is bringing you in a lot of money it is not going to be easy for a person to become rich.

Most people I see become rich are making a great deal of money. I know a dude who a doctor. Yes, he has 6 figure income but he has a sh*t load of student loans.

If I want to open up franchise I need to have million-dollars cash on hand. If I was a pro athlete making 15 million a year that would be an easy investment decision. A lot of the things Shaq invested in would be easy.

That’s literally the first thing he said, and the question he was asked. “For these young kids coming into a lot of money.”

Instead of focusing on his surface level words, use critical thinking and look for the UNDERLYING PRINCIPLE. Which is ‘Spend less than what you earn, and invest your money in profitable ventures.’

The average person could buy a 20 case of water for $5, then go sell the bottles for $1 each.
The average person could make $50 a week and save $1-$5 after bills and stuff.

+2   

3 months ago '05        #72
Quddus  13 heat pts13
space
space
space
 fredfiness said
That’s literally the first thing he said, and the question he was asked. “For these young kids coming into a lot of money.”

Instead of focusing on his surface level words, use critical thinking and look for the UNDERLYING PRINCIPLE. Which is ‘Spend less than what you earn, and invest your money in profitable ventures.’

The average person could buy a 20 case of water for $5, then go sell the bottles for $1 each.
The average person could make $50 a week and save $1-$5 after bills and stuff.

The average person can do that but you act like people have a store or some means of selling products. If I go buy 5 cases of water now i have to try and hustle them on the streets. Which takes time and gas. It's not easy bro.

I am not saying you can't get there but it's not easy and the average person is either working to survive or just above water.

3 months ago '16        #73
mobchip  5 heat pts5
space
space
$3,239   Props total: 6389 6389
Its difficult to save. And I would try to do the right stuff, I have an older vehicle which I bought in cash, nice price on insurance, rent a room within a house...but then you go on the road, and my car has a problem or I get stopped by cops and get a ticket which also adds points to my record. My job says I have to have a clean record - no exceptions. I'm fired unless I pay my paralegal to f*ght my case. Stuff like this happens to actual people and it makes it difficult to save.

3 months ago '05        #74
old head  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
$21,114   Props total: 29377 29377
 Tonero said

3 months ago '17        #75
Belize123 
space
space
$387   Props total: 923 923
 Quddus said

Facts bro.....

Only big money can make big money. Not saying you can't step in sh*t and get lucky, but a few
hundred or two saved every month can't bring you hundreds of thousands or millions.

The public needs to realize that Shaq and the other 1% needs them in order to continue to get rich. They will always talk that sh*t in order to keep the public believing that it's attainable and all they have to do is slave just a little it harder and longer for them. Talking about "hey, if I did it, you can also do it. All you have to do is just work a little harder and try a little bit harder".

Random....But connected

The "American dream" is the greatest ponzi scheme in American history. The "American Dream" causes 99% of the population to become debt ridden and a slave to the economic system all their working days and even after they are dead.. Snatching half of their savings via the estate tax and via debt collections. Your debt becomes your family responsibility after you die.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+466online now  60
Image(s) inside How I make 4K+ a month 100% LEGALLY doing barely anything(if i'm lying..
218 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  44
Image(s) inside REAL LIFE EPIDEMIC: CORPORATE AMERICA Is Now EXPLOTING BLACKS GANG CUL..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+212online now  35
Video inside Cam'ron With Freestyle of the Year "Was Gonna Take My Ex Back, I seen H..
115 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+74online now  28
Cousin Skeeter/One On One Actor Reveals He's A CRIP, Busts Out Flag
200 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy