Is Meat Bad for You? Is Meat Unhealthy?

most viewed right now
+138  49
92 comments @wild'ish

section  x4   |  0 bx goons and 4 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section fitness

4 months ago '10        #1
12403 page views
23 comments

Shhon  1407 heat pts1407
space
space
$23,068   Props total: 36831 36831
Is Meat Bad for You? Is Meat Unhealthy?

Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell
Published on Jun 9, 2019
+3   

best
worst
23 comments

4 months ago '12        #2
daman729  27 heat pts27
space
space
$13,632   Props total: 18295 18295
The most absorbable form of iron is heme iron which is found in meat. There are other vitamins and nutrients included as well. High protein also stimulates the the production of more stomach acid which in return k*lls parasites in the stomach. This is why people with yeast overgrowth are sometimes encouraged to eat meat. Meat can also keep you from becoming anemic(iron and b12) and having hormonal problems.

Meat is good. The problem comes in when people overdo it. For example all of these grain fed animals have higher concentrations of fat in the muscle. Too much saturated fat(especially from animal flesh) causes inflammation. This is why certain cuts of beef and pork give many people problems. Red meat and pork have the highest amounts of saturated fat in terms of animal flesh. Meat digestion also requires alot more bodily energy and water than plant foods. You can actually get dehydrated from overeating meat.

Look at wild caught alaskan salmon. One f the healthiest sources of protein on the planet and its very high in omega 3. You can't get that from plants alone and thats fact! The DHA and EPA in salmon have so many benefits. Especially with all the inflammation going around.

On the other hand, people's bodies are different. Some people can eat things others can't. You just have to see what works for you. But the war on meat needs to stop. Meat serves it's purpose IF EATEN CORRECTLY AND IN MODERATION.

Last edited by daman729; 06-11-2019 at 07:30 AM..
+24   

4 months ago '14        #3
OCT DION 
space
space
$8,939   Props total: 21049 21049
Humans been eating meat forever and we been fine.
+5   

4 months ago '18        #4
KingBossHellBoy  153 heat pts153
space
space
$3,337   Props total: 8346 8346
 daman729 said
The most absorbable form of iron is heme iron which is found in meat. There are other vitamins and nutrients included as well. High protein also stimulates the the production of more stomach acid which in return k*lls parasites in the stomach. This is why people with yeast overgrowth are sometimes encouraged to eat meat. Meat can also keep you from becoming anemic(iron and b12) and having hormonal problems.

Meat is good. The problem comes in when people overdo it. For example all of these grain fed animals have higher concentrations of fat in the muscle. Too much saturated fat(especially from animal flesh) causes inflammation. This is why certain cuts of beef and pork give many people problems. Red meat and pork have the highest amounts of saturated fat in terms of animal flesh. Meat digestion also requires alot more bodily energy and water than plant foods. You can actually get dehydrated from overeating meat.

Look at wild caught alaskan salmon. One f the healthiest sources of protein on the planet and its very high in omega 3. You can't get that from plants alone and thats fact! The DHA and EPA in salmon have so many benefits. Especially with all the inflammation going around.

On the other hand, people's bodies are different. Some people can eat things others can't. You just have to see what works for you. But the war on meat needs to stop. Meat serves it's purpose IF EATEN CORRECTLY AND IN MODERATION.
As a health freak my self this is a dope post. Propped
+7   

4 months ago '07        #5
JamcnPrettyboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$25,607   Props total: 15036 15036
Just look at all these vegans leaving the lifestyle because of lack of energy, skin problems, digestive issues etc....

4 months ago '09        #6
jasperfect  4 heat pts4
space
space
$2,468   Props total: 1565 1565
All things in moderation. Buy Quality meats and don't over eat. A serving of meat should be the size of your palm.

4 months ago '06        #7
Qbert  25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,940   Props total: 11693 11693
My doctor recommended no animal byproducts for me, sh*t is hard af.
+4   

4 months ago '18        #8
stutteringrap  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
$11,065   Props total: 13925 13925
 JamcnPrettyboy said
Just look at all these vegans leaving the lifestyle because of lack of energy, skin problems, digestive issues etc....
forget that mess. every since i let off meat. i been feeling better than i ever felt.

less bloated,less stress,sotmach do not poke out, less slugish, easier to lose weight.

and food is easier to digitise.

but you right about the lack of energy,digestive issues.

but fu*k eating meat every day. i do that sh*t like once or twice a week.

healthy veggie potao chips,0 calories flavor water,jucie packets and fruits and soup.

4 months ago '18        #9
space
space
space
but healthy meat are low in calories tho.

1 chicken brea*t and 1 chicken breat meat is 100 or 70 calories.

2. veggie burgers are 70 calories per burger.

3.grileld fish is 90 calories per fish.

7 shrimp equal 70 calories or 120. that pretty dope.

3 months ago '13        #10
bx to the tx  13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,984   Props total: 6108 6108
@go vegan
+1   

3 months ago '19        #11
sportsbettor 
space
space
space
$86   Props total: 185 185
fu*k that... I'm a carnivore..everyone is diff.. they got people that swear by sh*t you just gotta do what makes your body feel top end...

Dr. Shawn Baker.
+1   

3 months ago '18        #12
space
space
space
makes me feel slugish and gives me gas. but i love meat. but try to cut down on it like once every 1 weeks. or 3 times a week.
+2   

2 months ago '18        #13
playmaker 
space
space
space
$139   Props total: 439 439
meat Sucks! okay, okay, I eat eggs every now and them

2 months ago '05        #14
Sluggernaut  27 heat pts27
space
space
$26,800   Props total: 10658 10658
meat has been making me sick, not physically, but sometimes i cant bring myself to finish my steak as im eating it

i get like this everytime i start smoking weed again

the thought of meat makes me sick sometimes
+3   

2 months ago '13        #15
tigersteps  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$638   Props total: 534 534
grass feed quality meat is the way 2 go
+1   

2 months ago '17        #16
RandyWatson 
space
space
$3   Props total: 5 5
been vegetarian for about two years now. yes, I've seen some benefits to not eating meat anymore, but that can also just be me eating more whole foods than I did before.

moderation is key if anything, personally I just think most people don't eat enough fruits and vegetables on a daily basis.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #17
biscuit  140 heat pts140
space
space
$28,758   Props total: 25634 25634
Fish only

I stick to leafy greens and nuts and when I crave sugar, fruits or high percentage chocolate curbs the cravings (85% or 90% or better yet 100% baking chocolate) which is healthy AF has high antioxidants among other health benefits).

Fish is the only meat i fu*k with pretty much and it keeps me healthy.
+2   

2 months ago '11        #18
Panthro 808  10 heat pts10
space
space
$955   Props total: 3050 3050

Just get vitamin d, b12, flax seed

#vegan
#blackmendontcheatdiets
#3years

#jersey

Last edited by Panthro 808; 08-08-2019 at 12:05 AM..

2 months ago '18        #19
LuxuriousGreen  8 heat pts8
space
space
$1,441   Props total: 4446 4446
I had to quit pork & beef, I was getting horrible migraines, even got diagnosed with chronic migraines. I cut pork & beef & started eating more salmon, shrimp, pasta, fruits, vegetables about 5 years ago & I can say it has been one of the best decisions I’ve made not just for my migraines but overall health.

But on the other side, my wife & I got married in Jamaica & while we were there we found out that their beef & pork is a higher quality than here in America. They even banned McDonald’s from opening shop on the island because they didn’t want to use the local farmers beef.
+1   

2 months ago '12        #20
daman729  27 heat pts27
space
space
For those who have a harder time digesting meat, you need to make sure you drink adequate amounts of water, get enough unrefined salt(not table salt) and get plenty of potassium. This will help you make the proper stomach acid you need to digest proteins.
+1   

2 months ago '12        #21
daman729  27 heat pts27
space
space
 LuxuriousGreen said
I had to quit pork & beef, I was getting horrible migraines, even got diagnosed with chronic migraines. I cut pork & beef & started eating more salmon, shrimp, pasta, fruits, vegetables about 5 years ago & I can say it has been one of the best decisions I’ve made not just for my migraines but overall health.

But on the other side, my wife & I got married in Jamaica & while we were there we found out that their beef & pork is a higher quality than here in America. They even banned McDonald’s from opening shop on the island because they didn’t want to use the local farmers beef.
Yep. Eating meats foods extremely high in fat, especially saturated fat can trigger inflammation. This may be where the migraines came from. Beef is really good for you. It's one of the highest sources of zinc in terms of animal proteins. Problem is, its way too fatty in todays American market. Not to mention all the hormones, etc added to it. American beef decades ago was leaner with less additives so more people could tolerate it. And cuts of pork have so many toxins and and parasites in them. People underestimate salmon. I'm tellin ya!! It's one of the best meats you can eat. Its healing to the body and extremely anti inflammatory.
+1   

2 months ago '19        #22
crawlingtulip  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$130   Props total: 198 198
Yes it is,

eat fruits and vegetables

If you choose to eat meat, do it in moderation and make sure you are getting it from a good farm. If you are blessed to live near a farmers market it should be easy to connect with a farmer produce good quality meat for you to consume.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  16
Image(s) inside IRON FIST'S Jessica Henwick Cast as 'female-like Neo character' to lea..
55 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-52online now  15
Image(s) inside What did the Egyptian slaves use to build this
302 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside PS5 Backwards Compatibility (not what you think) Shraggy!?!
32 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  10
Video inside Apple Head Gina has her own talk show
31 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy