The Guardian Calls Kendrick Lamar "Rap's Greatest Ever Talent"...

most viewed right now
153 comments @hiphop

section  x3   |  0 bx goons and 3 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 days ago '17        #26
Pythagoras 
space
space
space
$1,660 | Props total: 5645 5645
 EastAfrican said
Lupe >>> Kendrick

Lupe my guy but nah. Lyrically, Lupe is better. But there's a lot more that goes into making classics than lyrics. If I had to rank their albums it would go like this..

1.) TPAB
2.) F&L
3.) GKMC
4.) Section 80
5.) The Cool
6.) Tetsuo & Youth
7.) DAMN
8.) Drogas Wave

Lupe's other albums are weed plates and not worth ranking. Advantage Kendrick, he makes better music. Lupe had that sauce in F&L and musically got worse over time. Drogas is lyrically smooth but musically a bore, unfortunately. Love em both tho. Lupe in my top 20, Kdot in my top 10.

6 days ago '18        #27
brooklynzfinest  12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,389 | Props total: 10174 10174
I had to put my original comment on hold because n*gga just dead put drogas wave 8th on that list...wow...can't even address something so foolish.

In any case, I have no probs with someone thinking this because it's arguable. I'll disagree and say it's Nas because he directly influences Kendrick and has multiple classics of his own and still going. Lupe is my guy and also is arguably the greatest talent, which to me doesn't necessarily take into account your albums. Talent is just how gifted u are...what u do with that talent is something else. A lot of rappers are arguably the best 'talent.'

What I don't like about the comment is that it just feels like it's coming someone whose rap knowledge isn't that deep. I could be wrong because I don't know the person...but it's the guardian...and I feel the same with sh*t like pitchfork...lame a*s dudes who think they're some sort of knowledgeable and have authority...foh. If they respected our art 25 years ago, nas, pac, and big would have gotten grammys and pulitzer prizes too. Like that comedian Aziz said 'injustice didn't start happening when white people figured it out.' Same with rap...u start acknowledging us and now act like brilliant rap 'started' with your generation...can't imagine that the writer is over 32.

Last edited by brooklynzfinest; 09-14-2019 at 09:31 AM..
+4   

Top 10 most propped recently  6 days ago '19        #28
Big Tymerz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
space
space
$1,253 | Props total: 6633 6633
 Pythagoras said
Lupe my guy but nah. Lyrically, Lupe is better. But there's a lot more that goes into making classics than lyrics. If I had to rank their albums it would go like this..

1.) TPAB
2.) F&L
3.) GKMC
4.) Section 80
5.) The Cool
6.) Tetsuo & Youth
7.) DAMN
8.) Drogas Wave

Lupe's other albums are weed plates and not worth ranking. Advantage Kendrick, he makes better music. Lupe had that sauce in F&L and musically got worse over time. Drogas is lyrically smooth but musically a bore, unfortunately. Love em both tho. Lupe in my top 20, Kdot in my top 10.
+1   

6 days ago '17        #29
Pythagoras 
space
space
space
 Big Tymerz said
Y'all really overrated that album from a musical perspective. It's not better than T&Y or F&L or The Cool to me.
+1   

6 days ago '16        #30
MrNobody  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$3,428 | Props total: 10826 10826
 Pythagoras said

1.) TPAB
2.) F&L
3.) GKMC
4.) Section 80
5.) The Cool
6.) Tetsuo & Youth
7.) DAMN
8.) Drogas Wave

Kendrick prevaricated thru tpab. I donít need quotables all the time. Imagery is underrated, and itís another place in which kenny lacks.

The Cool gave u chills because of the picture he painted.

TPABís production is amazing. But kendrick hopped on it and ainít say nothing. Pure safe raps that donít offend soft clowns in an academic bubble who are too afraid to deal with contemporary reality.

These dogs hoes back in style and these phaggots want to legitimize them by callin them feminists. FOH. Kendrick ainít doin nothing active to stop the delusion.

He not talkin about the world around him that hit home. He soft shoein it.

A dog hoís dream is to get a guy like Future, and heís tellin u what they are really like. They listen on the low and then dismiss him in articles, because even tho heís the most influential, they donít want those messages gettin out.

Kendrick is a s*xless rambler. Not him personally, but his musical persona.

Our music is about pain, spirituality, economics, women (love), and the best kind is usually happening all at once.

Kendrick is respectability rap. So is Lupe, but I would compare lupe to ralph ellison and richard wright waaaay before kendrick. Kendrick just has more mature production and better hits.

Kendrick flow not better than the top rappers from the south. Thatís why Roddy from compton but sound like nba young thug

Kendrick donít flow better than songs like Blow A Bag, Halftime, or All Da Smoke without soundin goofy like on rigor mortis.

DNA maybe, but it donít slap as hard.

6 days ago '18        #31
space
space
space
 Pythagoras said
Y'all really overrated that album from a musical perspective. It's not better than T&Y or F&L or The Cool to me.
I hear u that the beats don't ring out like that but it's not like they were wack. They're not meant to bang...imagine him telling the stories over those types of beats...wouldn't go together with the theme or anything. From a creativity and storytelling perspective, this album is as good as, if not arguably better than Gkmc, which to me is the best pound for pound album for their generation.
+1   

6 days ago '09        #32
thegoldenhero  3 heat pts3
space
space
$42,311 | Props total: 40256 40256
 Pythagoras said
music is subjective homie i mean i like Waves more then any Kendrick project it's probably my 2nd favorite Lupe album besides the leaked version of F&L.
+1   

6 days ago '18        #33
space
space
space
 MrNobody said

A load of bullsh*t

but it donít slap as hard.
Yeah?

6 days ago '17        #34
Pythagoras 
space
space
space
 MrNobody said
Kendrick prevaricated thru tpab. I don’t need quotables all the time. Imagery is underrated, and it’s another place in which kenny lacks.

The Cool gave u chills because of the picture he painted.

TPAB’s production is amazing. But kendrick hopped on it and ain’t say nothing. Pure safe raps that don’t offend soft clowns in an academic bubble who are too afraid to deal with contemporary reality.

These dogs hoes back in style and these phaggots want to legitimize them by callin them feminists. FOH. Kendrick ain’t doin nothing active to stop the delusion.

He not talkin about the world around him that hit home. He soft shoein it.

A dog ho’s dream is to get a guy like Future, and he’s tellin u what they are really like. They listen on the low and then dismiss him in articles, because even tho he’s the most influential, they don’t want those messages gettin out.

Kendrick is a s*xless rambler. Not him personally, but his musical persona.

Our music is about pain, spirituality, economics, women (love), and the best kind is usually happening all at once.

Kendrick is respectability rap. So is Lupe, but I would compare lupe to ralph ellison and richard wright waaaay before kendrick. Kendrick just has more mature production and better hits.

Kendrick flow not better than the top rappers from the south. That’s why Roddy from compton but sound like nba young thug

Kendrick don’t flow better than songs like Blow A Bag, Halftime, or All Da Smoke without soundin goofy like on rigor mortis.

DNA maybe, but it don’t slap as hard.
This is some hater sh*t smh. Should be slapped a billion times. I don't even know if you listened to TPAB with what u just typed.
+2   

6 days ago '12        #35
BarryFresh 
space
space
$279 | Props total: 776 776
 YKing said
ppl like this is who wrote that article:

It was actually this guy.

+7   

6 days ago '06        #36
jj01 
space
space
$49,881 | Props total: 13289 13289
 Pythagoras said

1.) TPAB
2.) F&L
3.) GKMC
4.) Section 80
5.) The Cool
6.) Tetsuo & Youth
7.) DAMN
8.) Drogas Wave

this post was beyond awful

i'm embarrassed for you.

6 days ago '15        #37
GrgeClrk  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$8,470 | Props total: 29453 29453
I mean, when you lay everything out and see how hip hop has evolved. He might just be hip hops greatest talent up until now.

Generally speaking that doesn’t mean that he’s any greater than the true greats like Pac, Big etc

6 days ago '16        #38
MrNobody  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$3,428 | Props total: 10826 10826
 Pythagoras said
This is some hater sh*t smh. Should be slapped a billion times. I don't even know if you listened to TPAB with what u just typed.
your reply verses what I said makes it seems like I listened to it more than u. but u donít have to explain yourself cause popular opinion backs u up, right? Then why get on a forum, and then quote me? I enjoy kendrick for what he puts out that i like. U enjoy him cause it justifies your moral high horse.

Like kendrick said, ďwhy u emotional, why u emotional?Ē

brooklynzfinest said
Yeah?

U basically look down on how n*ggas express themselves, but thatís just censoring another emotion

But kendrick put it best, ďemotional, why u emotional?Ē

6 days ago '14        #39
4FIF 
space
space
$2,171 | Props total: 2712 2712
 Banks36 said
White peoples playlists:
Eminem
Kendrick Lamar
Drake
G-Eazy
Logic

5 days ago '18        #40
space
space
space
 BarryFresh said
It was actually this guy.

5 days ago '17        #41
ThatNigg22  48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,130 | Props total: 42269 42269
K Dot arguably top 10 and light years ahead of Lupe based off impact alone

He not nowhere near the best ever though. Not even top 5

5 days ago '05        #42
ondareal 
space
space
$2,843 | Props total: 2831 2831
Kendrick is literally great at everything EXCEPT quotables. The whole lack of quotables thing is a major major stain. He almost like the hip hop ben simmons, like n*gga got ALL the tools except severely lacking in one major category. But as far as having profound lyrics, storytelling, crafting an album, creating a sound and style, substance, etc kung fu is elite like a muhfu*ka.

4 days ago '13        #43
diamondsxmoney 
space
space
$4,843 | Props total: 7523 7523
 Banks36 said
White peoples playlists:
Eminem
Kendrick Lamar
Drake
G-Eazy
Logic

Add ďpostyĒ to the mix

4 days ago '04        #44
skillahmang  3 heat pts3
space
space
$29,269 | Props total: 25519 25519
Kendrick Hate is Wild Corny

4 days ago '17        #45
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$13,243 | Props total: 35437 35437
I have Kendrick at either 6 or 7

4 days ago '17        #46
Tom Herman  391 heat pts391
space
space
$14,478 | Props total: 50131 50131
Kendrick has a better legacy than 99% of the rappers yall d*ckeat. He might be trash post gkmc but he's going down top 10 DOA

4 hrs ago '06        #47
-The Snitch-  143 heat pts143
space
space
$16,071 | Props total: 29722 29722
 BLACK MAMBA said
he has classic albums lol
I agree

Yes he has 2, GKMC and TPAB, but Drakes got take care, classic arguably. Is he a greatest ever talent in hip hop on the level of Jay, Big and Nas?

Journalists say these crazy things like Big never spit or Nas never dropped Illmatic lmao

New replies show every 10 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  21
Sep 18 - Police Shutdown an Illegal IPTV Service With 50 Million Subscribers
113 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+75online now  18
Itís messed up how true this is