Canelo - Kovalev set for 11/2 @ MGM Grand

most viewed right now
153 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 days ago '11        #26
KING JAYY  559 heat pts559
space
space
$56,217 | Props total: 30156 30156
canelo stoppage 6 or 7th round
+1   

6 days ago '13        #27
beaker1015  11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$7,069 | Props total: 5428 5428
Real money to be made if you bet on Canelo KO props in the middle rounds
+1   

6 days ago '12        #28
44wade  315 heat pts315
space
space
space
$29,062 | Props total: 19377 19377
 RustyLorcin said
Chavez didnít start losing until he was out of prime. He was a special f*ghter. By the time he fought whitaker he was already out of prime. Keep that in mind.

Theres no way i would put Canelo ahead of Chavez. Prime Chavez was a monster at the lower weight classes.
I feel you.

But what Canelo is doing is historical. I seen alot of boxing but I admittedly am not as well versed historically as am in nfl, nba or older mlb, but im also not brand new.

The range from Floyd to GGG to Kov is, and I could be wrong is unprecedented. Im fu*king blown away by a guy who fought Floyd f*ghting Kov.

While this isnt the same, I give more respect to Tyson for being 5'10 218 and f*ghting guys who were 6'5 230+, than I do a guy who fought in his comfort zone for his career.

I know people will say Roy Jones, and yeah I give him his respect for pushing the limit, but I think Canelo got him.

Floyd, GGG, Kov, with Jacobs, Lara, Trout, Kirkland, Cotto sprinkled in? not alot of f*ghters fu*king with that resume. Ali with Frazier, Foreman, Liston, Norton.

Still Floyd to Kov?
+3   

6 days ago '07        #29
ptwist  50 heat pts50
space
space
$18,082 | Props total: 12472 12472
 Twotwenty said
Say what you want about Nelo but he takes f*ghts that people wouldn't consider
Canít call him a ducker, not once.

Took the Floyd knowing he was too inexperienced and outclassed from the jump.

Went at it with GGG who many considered the most feared guy at middleweight.

And now jumping up two weight classes to go up against the Kov.
+2   

6 days ago '16        #30
Boogersugar  95 heat pts95
space
space
$6,501 | Props total: 24498 24498
Man I can't wait for this sh*t. Nelo really challenging himself here this is a big jump. I think he'll take it but I think folks calling Kov a gimme are crazy.

6 days ago '09        #31
Ash10  21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$50,046 | Props total: 9846 9846
 pete jr said
Canelo getting a stoppage. We all know Kovalev can't take body shots
Its gonna be so easy

6 days ago '09        #32
Ash10  21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$50,046 | Props total: 9846 9846
 jmheight1 said
Yall really be falling for the bullsh*t, Kov has been stopped in 2 of his last 4 f*ghts.

Was once again on his way to being stopped by a green f*ghter after ONE SINGLE good round of body shots. Let me repeat that, One single round of sloppy inside work, had him ready to go. smh.

Andrade is a much harder f*ght, he is being allowed to duck it. smh

Looooooool Kovalev has a much better jab and power that Canelo is gonna put some respek on when he feels that sh*t.
+1   

6 days ago '10        #33
jmheight1  43 heat pts43
space
space
$8,229 | Props total: 15005 15005
 RustyLorcin said
Only one f*ght if you are non biased. That was by the Colombian f*ghter. Then he came back and schooled him.

The other stoppage was bogus and illegal.
Nothing illegal about what Ward did, and you should know that being a man, that is not how men react to REAL low blows. You hit someone low for real and the reaction if much worse, and painful. He was reacting to body shots, he could not take them. Then would attempt to fake as if it was low.
+1   

6 days ago '10        #34
jmheight1  43 heat pts43
space
space
$8,229 | Props total: 15005 15005
 RustyLorcin said
Boxing from the perspective of elite f*ghters is about making money. Not about hard f*ghts.

Hard f*ghts are for the journeymen of the sport. The darrell booneís and rod salkas.

Why do you think Floyd fought the old a*s cottos, guerreros, bertos of the world and not the prime cotto, prime margaritos, prime williams etc.

Do you think it really is about hard f*ghts?

Is this sh*t streetbeefs or what? It Is entertainment and the people entertaining you were bread for it since a young age. While you were playing video games at 13 a person like Andy Ruiz for example was already competing in amateur bouts with a professional trainer. At age 15 you were jerking off to pr0n and playing Socom on Playstation and the f*ghter was talking to promoters already to build him up. Its all one choreographed and streamlined process with a sh*t load of time and money involved.

Its not like they just pick up the gloves and f*ght anyone. You invest 5 million into spence jr and you better put him against a small Garcia whoís winnable since heís undersized and not against a canelo, because youre protecting your investment.

Actually canelo takes harder f*ghts than he should. Oscar is stupid for putting him against floyd at 22 years old and putting him against a good a*s light heavy at this stage.

He should be f*ghting the andre bertos, danny garcias of the world and making dudes come up in weight 2 weight classes and just make money.

Anyway if you want hard f*ghts go watch mma or bum f*ghts. Boxing is all about match making.
Oh look the boxing fan who thinks he is a partner in the business, talking like you getting part of the money. Be a FAN n*gga, people like you are who have helped ruin the sport.

6 days ago '14        #35
El Caballero  81 heat pts81
space
space
$30,377 | Props total: 36877 36877
 ptwist said

at the same time Canelo and Golden Boy waited out GGG for an extra year and a half
they dropped the WBC title just to not f*ght GGG and fought him later the next year

jmheight1 said
Nothing illegal about what Ward did, and you should know that being a man, that is not how men react to REAL low blows. You hit someone low for real and the reaction if much worse, and painful. He was reacting to body shots, he could not take them. Then would attempt to fake as if it was low.
all facts. Kovalev tried to fake two body blows as low blows in that f*ght
only about one of those punches in that last sequence was low

6 days ago '08        #36
Lmac  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$2,873 | Props total: 2049 2049
 ptwist said

Canelo had 43 professional f*ghts when Floyd fought him. Inexperienced my a*s!
+1   

6 days ago '04        #37
killnarmy  28 heat pts28
space
space
$2,227 | Props total: 3302 3302
Cinnamon in his prime against another f*ghter in his twilight years... Still a challenging f*ght, just hope Kovalev can at least knock Nelo down just once.
+1   

6 days ago '11        #38
MACADEMICS  22 heat pts22
space
space
$6,581 | Props total: 5952 5952
Canelo will take it on points. I don't think he is gonna be strong at the weight. 160 to 175 is a huge step up physicality. Kovalev will last.
+2   

5 days ago '05        #39
Tha TC  71 heat pts71
space
space
$9,691 | Props total: 16432 16432

New replies show every 10 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+75online now  21
Itís messed up how true this is