squad up!

MERGED: Kobe demands trade/ Kobe backs off trade demand after talking to Phil Jackson

most viewed right now
Video inside Eminem VS. Diddy
66 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Will Buss Keep His Promise?
He will but it wont be good enough 0 0%
Yes he has the money to get something done now that he really knows how Kobe feels 0 0%
No the lakers will contnue to lose 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #481
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
space
$16,963 | Props total: 752 752
that n*gga

11 years ago '04        #482
kingcrump 1 heat pts
space
space
$940 | Props total: 0 0
They better try to get KG (Ima MN dude and love KG, but the wolves suck and aint gettin no better).

LA should trade Bynum, Odom and maybe Walton for KG and one of the garbage pg's that we have (T-Hud, Mark James, Jaric) or McCants.

Plus LA should try to grab Chauncy outta free agency.

11 years ago '05        #483
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
Oh yea I'd love you see Jermaine Oneal on the Lakers. If I were the Lakers I'd give up Odom for him and just let Luke Walton start in place of Odom. Jermaine would be perfect because he's a great true power forward/center. He can beast in the paint, grab rebounds, and block shots. Then they can just let Bynum and Kwame be weakside defenders or dumpoffs for when JO gets doubled. Or they can move him to center when they need more scoring and a small lineup.

05-31-2007, 11:25 AM         #484
Tagalog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah that would be funny if that happen deng and gordon are future player kobe is 28 not worth it

05-31-2007, 11:27 AM         #485
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kobe got betrayed/tricked/done dirty by the front office, that boy is bout to get his wish and get traded. THE LAKERS WILL SET THEMSELVES UP FIRST with ONEAL and other players which they will get with the kobe trade.

Image the Lakers with

DENG
ONEAL
GORDON

that sounds good man!!!!!

05-31-2007, 11:37 AM         #486
skletch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They need a big man and a true point guard. KG, J. Kidd, Jermaine Oneal, and Chauncey Billups are all great options.

05-31-2007, 11:43 AM         #487
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Does Kobe have an Option in '09?

05-31-2007, 11:58 AM         #488
502forLife 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whatever. Bryant isn't leaving, but if he did, several league sources believe he wants to play for the New York Knicks. And that includes one high-ranking Western Conference executive, who said, "I think he would only go to New York."

Wherever he would go in the Eastern Conference, that team would immediately be a conference championship contender. Kobe with almost anyone would be comparable to the Cavaliers with LeBron. A third team, maybe even a fourth, would be needed to create a circumstance where Bryant could be traded to the Knicks. There's no way Buss could sell Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford, the core of a 30-win East garbage bin, as the Lakers' new era.

Perhaps the strongest suitor for Bryant would be the Chicago Bulls, whom he did talk with as a free agent three years ago. They could offer a combination of Luol Deng, Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas and a lottery pick. Atlanta Hawks? Bryant would never go there. Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban would have major interest in him and the a.ssets to make a trade possible, but the Lakers would try hard to move him out of the West. And as one Pacific Division general manager said Wednesday night, "No way would the Lakers trade him to a division rival, (but) I don't think he'll get traded anyway."

For now, Bryant is raging over a so-called "Lakers insider" quoted in the Los Angeles Times saying that Shaquille O'Neal's departure was Kobe's fault. He wants this employee fired, because remember, Kobe has never manipulated his guys in the press to push his own agenda.

These Lakers, as lost as they are constructing a contender, supported him unconditionally through his r*pe charges, flew him back and forth on a team jet from hearings in Colorado, and his reward to them? Opting out of his contract, and threatening to leave for the Los Angeles Clippers. But now, Bryant says he has "trust issues" with the Lakers.

Anyway, he spent most of his late day on Wednesday backpedaling on his demand for a trade. He isn't going anywhere, and chances are, he'll stop talking soon. He has done enough damage to his name, his Lakers, and cost them considerable leverage dealing with the rest of the league this summer.

He'll be the center of everything this summer, probably all the way until he starts railing on Team USA G.M. Jerry Colangelo for his inability to surround Bryant with enough talent to beat Brazil in the FIBA Americas championship this summer. By then, Kobe will be calling for Colangelo to work a deal for Manu Ginobili.

05-31-2007, 12:05 PM         #489
502forLife 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There's no way Buss could sell Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford, the core of a 30-win East garbage bin, as the Lakers'

Perhaps the strongest suitor for Bryant would be the Chicago Bulls
:applause: :applause:

11 years ago '06        #490
JamesAdamsIz808 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,186 | Props total: 205 205
 502forLife said

They could offer a combination of Luol Deng, Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas and a lottery pick.

Lol@trading 3 starters and a potential 4th starter.

Gordon/lottery pick/noce(maybe hinrich)

Tyrus and Deng arent going anywhere.

11 years ago '05        #491
jaone 
space
space
$117 | Props total: 0 0
ga'damn, get kobe on the knicks plzzzzzzzzz!!!!

11 years ago '04        #492
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,847 | Props total: 4901 4901
 502forLife said
He'll be the center of everything this summer, probably all the way until he starts railing on Team USA G.M. Jerry Colangelo for his inability to surround Bryant with enough talent to beat Brazil in the FIBA Americas championship this summer. By then, Kobe will be calling for Colangelo to work a deal for Manu Ginobili.

"Jerry, change that man's citizenship NOW, or I opt out"

05-31-2007, 12:21 PM         #493
502forLife 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JamesAdamsIz808 said

Lol@trading 3 starters and a potential 4th starter.

Gordon/lottery pick/noce(maybe hinrich)

Tyrus and Deng arent going anywhere.
^^co sign
If they got rid of hinrich, deng, gordon and thomas all for kobe, I would be pissed. It would be nice to have kobe but not for a future core team.

05-31-2007, 12:46 PM         #494
du6etreycrip03 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
listen Kobe aint goin No were...he jus tight dat he dont have a team, His team SUCCS if u think bout it...odem Is a BUM noww, He lost his game...Besides HIm whoelse they got...If anything kobe is goin 2 the BULLS cuz the bulls got young Talent n The bulls R ready 2 DEAL man...they ready 2 DO wat MJ did....win SOme RINGS soo dis off-season is gonna b Real HOT for the bulls...N wit KOBE mmm Hegonna get wat he wants if he not traded he gonna get J.O'neal(pacers)....

05-31-2007, 01:01 PM         #495
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kingcrump said
They better try to get KG (Ima MN dude and love KG, but the wolves suck and aint gettin no better).

LA should trade Bynum, Odom and maybe Walton for KG and one of the garbage pg's that we have (T-Hud, Mark James, Jaric) or McCants.

Plus LA should try to grab Chauncy outta free agency.
with what cap room? unless billups will take a mid level exception to play with kobe...lakers won't be able to touch him

05-31-2007, 01:05 PM         #496
Jayborne23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 shonuff12 said
with what cap room? unless billups will take a mid level exception to play with kobe...lakers won't be able to touch him
Of course they are gonna say sign and trade, because the Lakers have something the Pistons would sign and trade him for :(

They should go get Artest. He may be cheap.

11 years ago '07        #497
BallDontLie 510 heat pts510
space
space
$9,167 | Props total: 26131 26131
LAKERS GETTING O'NEAL!! KOBE AINT GOIN NOWHERE QUIT CRYIN!!

May 31, 2007

Kobe Bryant's steady squawking over the last 96 hours about his cheerless existence as a Laker (since re-signing with the team in July of '04) to anybody flashing a media credential or offering a live mike thankfully appears to be almost over.

The Post has learned a championship-caliber collaborator should soon be coming to Kobe's - the city's and the team's - emotional rescue. How poetically peculiar that the player's last name is O'Neal, as in Jermaine, not Shaquille!

Interestingly, the teammates-in-waiting were chosen four spots apart in the '96 draft: Kobe No. 13 by the then Charlotte Hornets; Jermaine No. 17 by the Blazers.

Within the last week, the Pacers and Lakers have laid the groundwork for a trade that would certainly placate both sorrowful All-Stars. L.A. inquired about O'Neal - another fake franchise player pocketing maximum money on the prowl for someone to save him from losing. And was told he was available. Indiana let it be known the Lakers have ample a.ssets (players and/or picks) to make a fair deal.

No specifics were delivered. No negotiating has been done. Still, Lamar Odom would have to be the principal of the package in order to adhere to NBA trade specifications. He's currently on the Laker salary cap for $12,348,596 and has two seasons remaining at 900G per raises.

O'Neal earns Kobe-like numbers: $18,084M this season, and has three remaining at $19.728M, $21.372 and 23,016M. Kobe has an out after two more seasons. Should he exercise it to become a free agent, he'dHe also expressed hope at being a Laker for life. leave $47.8M on the table.

Surely Andrew Bynum ($2.030M/$2.172M/$2.769M) must be included as well. I can't see the Pacers parting with a 7-footer without getting one back.

Obviously, this very real swap talk is why Kobe's blithering abruptly ceased late yesterday afternoon.

For days, he'd avoided returning phone calls from the Lakers. Yet, soon after demanding unequivocally to be traded while a guest on Stephen A. Smith's radio show, Kobe spoke to Jackson, who unquestionably clued him in to what's going on.

A couple hours later, Kobe was back on ESPN telling Dan Patrick he hoped his "quality help issue" could be worked out.

Last edited by BallDontLie; 05-31-2007 at 01:18 PM..

11 years ago '07        #498
space
space
LAKERS GETTING O'NEAL

May 31, 2007

Kobe Bryant's steady squawking over the last 96 hours about his cheerless existence as a Laker (since re-signing with the team in July of '04) to anybody flashing a media credential or offering a live mike thankfully appears to be almost over.

The Post has learned a championship-caliber collaborator should soon be coming to Kobe's - the city's and the team's - emotional rescue. How poetically peculiar that the player's last name is O'Neal, as in Jermaine, not Shaquille!

Interestingly, the teammates-in-waiting were chosen four spots apart in the '96 draft: Kobe No. 13 by the then Charlotte Hornets; Jermaine No. 17 by the Blazers.

Within the last week, the Pacers and Lakers have laid the groundwork for a trade that would certainly placate both sorrowful All-Stars. L.A. inquired about O'Neal - another fake franchise player pocketing maximum money on the prowl for someone to save him from losing. And was told he was available. Indiana let it be known the Lakers have ample a.ssets (players and/or picks) to make a fair deal.

No specifics were delivered. No negotiating has been done. Still, Lamar Odom would have to be the principal of the package in order to adhere to NBA trade specifications. He's currently on the Laker salary cap for $12,348,596 and has two seasons remaining at 900G per raises.

O'Neal earns Kobe-like numbers: $18,084M this season, and has three remaining at $19.728M, $21.372 and 23,016M. Kobe has an out after two more seasons. Should he exercise it to become a free agent, he'dHe also expressed hope at being a Laker for life. leave $47.8M on the table.

Surely Andrew Bynum ($2.030M/$2.172M/$2.769M) must be included as well. I can't see the Pacers parting with a 7-footer without getting one back.

Obviously, this very real swap talk is why Kobe's blithering abruptly ceased late yesterday afternoon.

For days, he'd avoided returning phone calls from the Lakers. Yet, soon after demanding unequivocally to be traded while a guest on Stephen A. Smith's radio show, Kobe spoke to Jackson, who unquestionably clued him in to what's going on.

A couple hours later, Kobe was back on ESPN telling Dan Patrick he hoped his "quality help issue" could be worked out.

11 years ago '07        #499
space
space
kobe and all these kobe fu*ks who thinks lakers gonan suck if he leaves...when the truth is lakers will pass the first round next season if he leaves...

11 years ago '06        #500
sportyankz 
space
space
$1,455 | Props total: 0 0
 P. Dedos said
oooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

trade that f*g**t to the east

lets see what he can really do

peace out lake show!!!!!!!!
:applause: :applause: :applause: :D

05-31-2007, 01:26 PM         #501
du6etreycrip03 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OK they need a Point Guard(Steve Francis N Mike James)....A center(Sign Swand Bradley) and get J.Oneal(Pacers) dats all they need....Get rid of ALl dem SUS players dey got...

11 years ago '04        #502
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
Ron Artest for Kwame + 19th Overall
J.O. + Tinsley for Odom + Bynum + Radmanovic
Vet Center @ MLE.

Tinsley
Kobe
Artest
J.O.
MLE Center.

Last edited by A.G; 05-31-2007 at 01:37 PM..

11 years ago '04        #503
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
fu*k it, the answer to all of our problems is Jannero Pargo.

Jannero Pargo >>> _____

05-31-2007, 01:58 PM         #504
Eatin'N'Skeetin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
actually, the knicks make A LOT OF SENSE, despite them possibly not having the resources to get kobe.

- kobe always said he would love to play for NY during his opt-out year, he could still live his celebirty life in another big city/market

- kobe, lets remember, said hes not necessarily demanding a title contending team this year IF JERRY WEST CAME BACK, just to know he would have someone who would be aggressive and someone who he could trust in the front office to make big moves.....kobe and isiah are good friends and knows the knicks are ALWAYS trying to be aggressive and field any big deal out there.....

- MAYBE him and phil jackson will go together, since phil has not yet extended his contract for the lakers....isiah would go back to the front office, phil would coach, played for the knicks.....

again, im not saying its true, but those are 3 BIG factors you gotta think about, kobe just may well possibly be talking about NY....also lets not forget jerry west has said today he will "ABSOLUTELY" not return to the lakers....which makes the chances of kobe returning even less.

Last edited by Eatin'N'Skeetin; 05-31-2007 at 01:59 PM..

11 years ago '04        #505
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Melo_15_Jesus said
ur an idiot

nobody wants kwame and those salaries dont match up for the other trade
Yeah I realized the trade w/ Indiana is ~$5 mill short...
But I think you underestimate how badly the Queens want to get rid of Artest. The Lakers dont want the first round pick... If they gave up the 1st round + maybe a 2nd round + Kwame, I think Sacramento would jump on it.

05-31-2007, 02:08 PM         #506
dj mannie fresh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said
fu*k it, the answer to all of our problems is Jannero Pargo.

Jannero Pargo >>> _____
the lakers shouldve never let pargo go he was starting to blossom. he wouldve definetly surpassed a scottie pippen persay

11 years ago '04        #507
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,798 | Props total: 6845 6845
i don't know what to think.....

11 years ago '05        #508
oneosi 
space
space
$1,079 | Props total: 0 0
PROP ME I NEED IT!!!

Lakers owner speaks with Bryant, promises to improve team
By JOHN NADEL, AP Sports Writer
May 31, 2007

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Lakers owner Jerry Buss spoke with Kobe Bryant on Thursday and said he told his frustrated superstar he would "pursue every avenue possible" to improve the team.

The conversation took place a day after Bryant asked to be traded, saying among other things he had been misled by Buss nearly three years ago when he re-signed with the Lakers.

"I talked with Kobe this morning and a.ssured him that I share his frustration and, more importantly, I a.ssured him that we will continue to pursue every avenue possible to improve our team with him as the cornerstone," Buss said in a statement. "I told him that we will keep him apprised of our progress and we agreed that we will talk again in the very near future."

Bryant, the NBA scoring champion the past two years, asked the Lakers for a trade Wednesday. He said nothing could change his mind, but he backed off somewhat after speaking with coach Phil Jackson.

"I don't want to go anywhere -- this is my team," Bryant told KLAC radio. "I love it here. I called Phil, man. He and I talked; it was an emotional conversation. But he just said, 'You know what, Kobe? Let us try to figure this thing out."'

Bryant said at that time he hadn't heard from Buss, indicating a conversation could go a long way toward resolving the matter.

Some three hours earlier, in an interview with ESPN radio, Bryant said he wanted to be traded. He added that it was a matter of trust, and he would rather "go play on Pluto" than remain with the Lakers.

Bryant, who turns 29 in August, is owed $88.6 million for the four years he has left on the seven-year, $136.4 million contract he signed July 15, 2004. That was a day after Shaquille O'Neal was traded to the Miami Heat.

Bryant said he felt Buss misled him right before he re-signed by telling him one thing and Jackson something else about the team's goals.

Bryant said he was told the Lakers would immediately try to rejoin the NBA's elite. But he said Jackson told him this week that Buss wasn't bringing him back as coach following the 2003-04 season because the Lakers were committed to reducing payroll and rebuilding long term.

Jackson was out of coaching one season before being rehired by the Lakers, who haven't won a playoff series since Bryant re-signed. Bryant has the right to terminate his contract after the 2008-09 season.

Last edited by oneosi; 05-31-2007 at 03:47 PM..

05-31-2007, 04:48 PM         #509
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tempus U mad lol?, giving hate over Kobe cot damn I really think suicides would occur if KB isn't in Purple and Gold.

05-31-2007, 04:57 PM         #510
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Latest is Kobe STILL wants a trade

When asked again in LA times, he said "Yes".

Home      

top in section
online now  22
8 comments
top in movies
top in section
online now  36
55 comments
top in news
top in section
online now  23
42 comments
top in wild'ish

most viewed right now
online now  27
Video inside Rachel Ray's 51 yr old sister?
104 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  18
Woman exposes rapper, Kid Buu being a 30 year old criminal
123 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  17
YelaWolf-Shade (Machine Gun Kelly Diss)
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  14
Image(s) inside Twitter Going In on Pedo Drake and his "Grooming" of Young Girls! Ped..
334 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  10
Video inside Sep 18 - Donald Trump is the dumbest president of all time
85 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  9
Image(s) inside Playstation Classic Coming In December
100 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  8
Image(s) inside Is It CLOSE CURTAIN For DRAKE??? They Found The PEDOFILE RECEIPT W/ 14..
370 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  7
Video inside This spider man game is the greatest game in history
124 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy