Does Lupe have a Better Discography than Jay

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
24 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

3 months ago '12        #26
djgist 
Props total: 7293 7 K  Slaps total: 1515 1 K
No
+1   

3 months ago '16        #27
Ward222  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 3395 3 K  Slaps total: 622 622
 GetYaCoinsKing said
My issue with Lupe is that he's so much of a backpacker he makes no effort to have commercial success, Keeping it a stack he hasn't been on radio play since Kick Push over 20yrs ago. Like damn we know he's talented why not aim to have hits smh.
I don’t think he cares about being mainstream anymore. If he did, he’d be on a major.

He has other hits though. Superstar, The Show Goes On were big, multi-platinum records.
+6   

3 months ago '16        #28
Homer Pimpson 
Props total: 46321 46 K  Slaps total: 9576 9 K
k*ll yourself
+3   

3 months ago '19        #29
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 61869 61 K  Slaps total: 9828 9 K
 Ward222 said
I don’t think he cares about being mainstream anymore. If he did, he’d be on a major.

He has other hits though. Superstar, The Show Goes On were big, multi-platinum records.
True i forgot about those, I know he doesn't care but i just kind of wish he DID.
I just think he's always been too ahead of our time.
+1   

3 months ago '05        #30
fatrenzo 
Props total: 7670 7 K  Slaps total: 425 425
Lupe is top 5 for me. Having said that, my list is all over the place. I like what I like. I can't say that I've ever been let down by a Lupe project. Can't say the same for Jay.
+3   

3 months ago '13        #31
fredfiness 
Props total: 11307 11 K  Slaps total: 818 818
I will ride for Lupe up until Enemy Of The State. If we’re talking albums I’m taking Jay.

It doesn’t matter what y’all say, accessibility matters. Lupe hasn’t been accessible since like F&L2. He just got back to it with his latest album.

At the end of the day, the demographic that’s willing to go to Harvard to be a Lupe Stan is an extremely vocal minority. He should’ve stuck to being a “pimp on par, till he was 6 feet under like the Flintstones car”.

[spoiler - click to view]

+1   

3 months ago '08        #32
Solitary Genius 
Props total: 18646 18 K  Slaps total: 3188 3 K
 Stuart Scott said
the lupe d*ckriding on bx is insane

n*ggas really calling his new album better than mr morale and big steppers?
Yea its a little weird but it's dope too that he has so many supporters here on BX....

It def wasn't better than Mr. Morale but ima Lupe fan so it's cool to see n*ggas ride for him knowin outside BX he's prob the if not one of the most underrated rappers ever
+2   

3 months ago '16        #33
Stables08 
Props total: 26764 26 K  Slaps total: 5519 5 K
5 of Jay most mid tracks will outlive anything Lupe will ever do his most complete verse where he was spitting And n*ggas could feel him was touch the sky. Nobody respects you corns opinions

Top 10 most propped recently  3 months ago '22        #34
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9 OP
Props total: 34116 34 K  Slaps total: 19853 19 K
 stables08 said
5 of Jay most mid tracks will outlive anything Lupe will ever do his most complete verse where he was spitting And n*ggas could feel him was touch the sky. Nobody respects you corns opinions
Touch The Sky the greatest debut verse of all time, better than Live at The BBQ

3 months ago '17        #35
ThaFrozenOne 
Props total: 11496 11 K  Slaps total: 3093 3 K
Yea prolly to y’all weirdo bx n*ggas foh
+2   

3 months ago '17        #36
KINGMFCOLD  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 12042 12 K  Slaps total: 1303 1 K
No. WTF? Have you been smokin chewy?
+1   

3 months ago '20        #37
The corrector  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 21129 21 K  Slaps total: 4586 4 K
No

3 months ago '17        #38
The Gary Group  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x118
Props total: 105736 105 K  Slaps total: 12466 12 K
 ward222 said
[/b]
you bugging
name them
+1   

3 months ago '10        #39
Chiyosuke 
Props total: 21277 21 K  Slaps total: 1050 1 K
 Stuart Scott said
the lupe d*ckriding on bx is insane

n*ggas really calling his new album better than mr morale and big steppers?
n*gga, it is, foh.
+2   

3 months ago '21        #40
LeCryintheCar 
Props total: 18544 18 K  Slaps total: 2829 2 K
Y’all still trying to hype sleeping pill music in Zion just because artist is on the site

3 months ago '10        #41
Chiyosuke 
Props total: 21277 21 K  Slaps total: 1050 1 K
 thegoldenhero said
Bigger Lupe fan I play his music more but Jay top 6 albums are

RD
Volum 1
Blueprint
Black Album
American Gangster
Same here.

Top 6 Hov albums in no particular order:
4:44
American Gangster
Vol 2
The Blueprint
The Black Album
Vol 3

3 months ago '14        #42
gt1 
Props total: 2513 2 K  Slaps total: 236 236
Lupe ghost wrote for Jay.....

Top 10 most propped recently  3 months ago '22        #43
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9 OP
Props total: 34116 34 K  Slaps total: 19853 19 K
Drogas Wave Pt 2 incoming
+1   

3 months ago '15        #44
AmillionMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 36014 36 K  Slaps total: 11002 11 K
 The Gary Group said
Man knock it off. Lupe is dope but dude don't have no content out here n*ggas would vouch for over Jay. Y'all keep saying he got dope albums why he ain't ever mentioned in them top anything lists? He can rap but songs that hold longevity or replay value? Nah
He got blackballed so no one mentions him. No one! He got songs with Jay, Snoop, Ye, Bruno Mars, Cole, Ross, etc but no one mentions him anymore... His ALBUMS hold longevity. That's the point. He said some sh*t in 2006 that's relevant today! Jay got waayyyy more irrelevant sh*t
+2   

3 months ago '05        #45
carden2 
Props total: 11220 11 K  Slaps total: 1686 1 K
It’s easy argument up front when you coming off an album release of possibly album of the year but the competition now is weak as fu*k so lupe gets way more shine. Iupe easily in my top 5 favorites but jays got a better discography the range of hits is amazing. Everything jay touched was a hit

3 months ago '15        #46
 GetYaCoinsKing said
My issue with Lupe is that he's so much of a backpacker he makes no effort to have commercial success, Keeping it a stack he hasn't been on radio play since Kick Push over 20yrs ago. Like damn we know he's talented why not aim to have hits smh.
If you knew the story behind Kick, Push, you'd know why he does t go for hits... fu*k it, I'll tell a summary of the story. Atlantic didn't have anything to do with the song because it was done before he signed. They didn't want it to be a single so they didn't push it and even called radio stations and told them not to play it. After it still got hot and because they wasn't making money from it, they found out who the samples belonged to, flew down to like Peru or some sh*t and bought the record. Because of that, they now own 100 percent of the record. Lupe doesnt get paid off the song at all... He does t get paid on any of his radio hits I believe... So y would be try to make radio hits? Btw, I don't think he ever tried. He just could do it and they played the sh*t. None of them were ever typical radio songs but the always worked... Many of his tracks that wasn't radio hits could be. For instance, Battle Scars... They didn't want to put that sh*t out but it was a #1 record in Australia. Only after it went crazy there did they make it a single and put it on an album
+2   

3 months ago '15        #47
 fredfiness said
I will ride for Lupe up until Enemy Of The State. If we’re talking albums I’m taking Jay.

It doesn’t matter what y’all say, accessibility matters. Lupe hasn’t been accessible since like F&L2. He just got back to it with his latest album.

At the end of the day, the demographic that’s willing to go to Harvard to be a Lupe Stan is an extremely vocal minority. He should’ve stuck to being a “pimp on par, till he was 6 feet under like the Flintstones car”.

[spoiler - click to view]

His brain got bigger and he was the 1st artist who actually got cancelled and that was when social media wasn't even big so you know he was super fu*ked! Man talked about America and Obama and Bill O'Reilly defended Obama so you KNOW Lupe was fu*ked!
+3   

3 months ago '15        #48
 stables08 said
This shows that popularity and fame really matters. I bet money, niccas couldn't really understand him on touch the sky but whatever

3 months ago '17        #49
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 136642 136 K  Slaps total: 40927 40 K
 BreakkerSzn said
We may be looking at the GOAT
Can’t be…

He’s a dope rapper, but Jay has music for everyone. The most complete artist. From street sh*t, to club sh*t that sounds southern, no one fu*kin wit Jay
+1   

3 months ago '10        #50
hustlershope84 
Props total: 1546 1 K  Slaps total: 185 185
Lupe is too good lyrically so much so that he makes even Nas and Jay seem ordinary. However, he might be best served making his content more digestable. He really needed to dumb it down just a little.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  14
Image(s) inside Sep 26 - Hurricane Ian.. Florida Yall prepared?
149 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+55online now  9
Image(s) inside Gaming Setup Thread
132 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  6
Sep 26 - NASA successfully smashes spacecraft into asteroid 7 million miles fr..
118 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  2
Image(s) inside Grounded 1.0 Reviews
73 comments
1 day ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy