Stephen A Smith on athletes complaining about the way they're treated "slave mentality."

most viewed right now
+20  119
69 comments @thotties
most viewed right now
+42  74
42 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 days ago '18        #76
Lsulakersaints 
space
space
$1,011 | Props total: 3121 3121
Slaves were paid millions?

6 days ago '11        #77
Blue Dream 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,568 | Props total: 1084 1084
Too easy to poke two big a*s holes in this statement.

If there isn't a slave mentality aspect to modern major sports because they're paid then what do you say to the NCAA players who bring in massive crowds that produce billions in revenue yet see none of it?

Second, none of these players will ever make enough or be allowed to make enough to own teams or parts of the sport they dedicate their life and bodies too, all while only being permitted to play on a major scale for teams owned by old white men who inherited it from old white men before them who put together this system at a time when no others were allowed to own or even play in an organized league.

SAS' statement ignores these two very things and relies on them not to be true. Don't lose the bigger picture in "oh they get M's", they get M's while others get B's entirely for their labor, while tied up in slighted contracts that require them to play even at the cost of their health. No control of their lifestyle or location based on owner decisions of where they'll play, obligated to give first opinion on their medical affairs to team doctors that treat them as a product first to the point of malpractice (there's no way an achilles tendon weak enough to rip on a pivot step gets cleared for use in a contact sport).

But yes, they get paid M's so all is well, just tell that to all the NFL players who retire with too much brain damage to count a hundred.

6 days ago '04        #78
tnice 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,991 | Props total: 9025 9025

[pic - click to view]

+1   

6 days ago '19        #79
Purpleswag23 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$729 | Props total: 2024 2024
He’s right. And technically everybody is a slave if u got a 9-5 and have a boss. Slaves weren’t even considered human that’s how whites folks justified there treatment to us. Hell most slaves couldn’t even read and write so I think is an insult in that sense.

6 days ago '17        #80
SolidSnake1987 
space
space
$915 | Props total: 1794 1794
 Smoking Mr Oct said
It's multiple definitions of a slave...for example a human being legal property which a athlete is... owners can trade humans because they legally own them...ya hear the word slavery and automatically think what you read in books
Yeah but these guys aren’t treated like slaves. There are pampered like crazy, stay in the best hotels, get the best treatment, and have shoe deals and endorsements

6 days ago '14        #81
Los Pollos 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,914 | Props total: 9440 9440
@ since you’re doing your usual slap with no rebuttal routine, I’m calling you out. Answer these questions so I can understand your logic smart guy.

Los Pollos said
So are white athletes slaves as well?

Why doesn’t MLB/NHL have more black slaves? Are they anti-white?

Is Michael Jordan now a slave owner?

So those black athletes like JR fought their a*ses off to be allowed to be slaves again?

Please answer these questions for me! I must know.

6 days ago '15        #82
gaapplewood 
space
space
$3,317 | Props total: 4351 4351
There are those who understand the context of the statement

Then there are those who immediately get defensive because of the statement with the word without attempting to understand the context of the statement

Either you get it or you don’t, no need to convince anyone
+2   

6 days ago '16        #83
Vega 43 heat pts43
space
space
$5,884 | Props total: 12426 12426
 gaapplewood said
There are those who understand the context of the statement

Then there are those who immediately get defensive because of the statement with the word without attempting to understand the context of the statement

Either you get it or you don’t, no need to convince anyone
When the context only applies to 2 of the 5 major leagues of the US, it falls on its face especially when all 5 evaluate talent the same exact way and have owner-player relationships in 90% of the same way exception being the NFL with non-guaranteed contracts since the NFLPA is the worst union in professional sports run by an idiot.

It's an intellectually lazy analogy.

6 days ago '14        #84
Los Pollos 11 heat pts11
space
space
 Vega said
When the context only applies to 2 of the 5 major leagues of the US, it falls on its face especially when all 5 evaluate talent the same exact way and have owner-player relationships in 90% of the same way exception being the NFL with non-guaranteed contracts since the NFLPA is the worst union in professional sports run by an idiot.

It's an intellectually lazy analogy.
This. And it’s insulting to real slaves. Could you imagine how they’d feel about these comparisons?

6 days ago '18        #85
Mcbooger 
space
space
$622 | Props total: 820 820
 Los Pollos said

So those black athletes like JR fought their a*ses off to be allowed to be slaves again?

Please answer these questions for me! I must know.
Dumb a*s question...But ppl against the Roman republic, a civilization we took a lot from were slaves. Some skin were white

MLB has a history of targeting young black poor players in the DR/Venezuela. Giving agents chump change under the table to put in these players pockets to play ball.

The first black to own land in America got his freedom and could legally own slaves back in 1700s when slavery was ramping up fast and strong.

I dont understand the JR point.

I think you are just overall trailer park, red neck, hillbilly dumb dude.
+1   

6 days ago '14        #86
Blazeyy 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,239 | Props total: 14900 14900
nobody would be talking about slave mentality if the league wasn't black, get the fu*k out of here

most of the bullsh*t being discussed is capitalism 101; exploitation of proletarians by the bourgeois

6 days ago '15        #87
kami 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,654 | Props total: 21280 21280
Gonna need a better example the jayz.

Mf was Harvey Weinstein wh*re and sold out Trayvon image so Harvey could benefit.

6 days ago '10        #88
TheGift 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,208 | Props total: 11364 11364
 Prometheus said
The entitled in this country are taught that everything belongs to them. a*sume they have the right to do or say anything. They’re conditioned this way... Laws and culture tell us this

ESPN changing the narrative as always.
sh*t is really disgusting. I had this whiteboy tell me this morning, “Carson wentz better hold his end of this extension, and not get hurt. Even if he gets hurt, he better come on the field hobbling. Philly fans don’t want no more excuses!” Had to tell him to shut his entitled sounding a*s the fu*k up. Like dude can determine when he gets hurt or not, and who the fu*k are you to think he owes you something?The audacity of some of these sports fans to think you hold the power over what’s destined. Be acting like what they say goes. FOH. I love sports just like the next man, but some fans are delusional as hell, and act like they really apart of the organization.
+2   

6 days ago '18        #89
RubbahBandMane 14 heat pts14
space
space
$1,466 | Props total: 4108 4108
 TheGift said
sh*t is really disgusting. I had this whiteboy tell me this morning, “Carson wentz better hold his end of this extension, and not get hurt. Even if he gets hurt, he better come on the field hobbling. Philly fans don’t want no more excuses!” Had to tell him to shut his entitled sounding a*s the fu*k up. Like dude can determine when he gets hurt or not, and who the fu*k are you to think he owes you something?The audacity of some of these sports fans to think you hold the power over what’s destined. Be acting like what they say goes. FOH. I love sports just like the next man, but some fans are delusional as hell, and act like they really apart of the organization.
Yo don't even get me started about how people act when it comes to Fantasy sports. It's disgusting bro
+1   

6 days ago '14        #90
Los Pollos 11 heat pts11
space
space
 Mcbooger said
Dumb a*s question...But ppl against the Roman republic, a civilization we took a lot from were slaves. Some skin were white

MLB has a history of targeting young black poor players in the DR/Venezuela. Giving agents chump change under the table to put in these players pockets to play ball.

The first black to own land in America got his freedom and could legally own slaves back in 1700s when slavery was ramping up fast and strong.

I dont understand the JR point.

I think you are just overall trailer park, red neck, hillbilly dumb dude.
You’re pretending like you answered my questions, but you really just said a whole lot of nothing. These are simple yes or no questions, yet you didn’t say yes or no to any of them. What does history have to do with these questions about today?

I think you’re an idiot making an intellectually lazy comparison of professional athletes willingly playing a game for hundred of thousands to millions of dollars a year while being pampered to people being forced to work hard labor for free with a very low quality of life.

I’m not a “red neck”/“hillbilly”, nor do I live in a trailer park, but it’s nice to see you f*ght what you perceive as racism (when I really just have a different opinion than you) with racism. If you think this is modern day slavery I would hope you don’t watch or support it in any way, but since you’re here in the sports section of a forum, I’m a*suming you do. Therefore, you’re nothing but a hypocrite.

Last edited by Los Pollos; 06-13-2019 at 10:13 AM..

6 days ago '18        #91
Mcbooger 
space
space
$622 | Props total: 820 820
 Los Pollos said
You’re pretending like you answered my questions, but you really just said a whole lot of nothing. These are simple yes or no questions, yet you didn’t say yes or no to any of them. What does history have to do with these questions about today?

I think you’re an idiot making an intellectually lazy comparison of professional athletes willingly playing a game for hundred of thousands to millions of dollars a year while being pampered to people being forced to work hard labor for free with a very low quality of life.

I’m not a “red neck”/“hillbilly”, nor do I live in a trailer park, but it’s nice to see you f*ght what you perceive as racism (when I really just have a different opinion than you) with racism. If you think this is modern day slavery I would hope you don’t watch or support it in any way, but since you’re here in the sports section of a forum, I’m a*suming you do. Therefore, you’re nothing but a hypocrite.
Point is hillbilly, is not much from the past has changed today. Slavery in the past is wall street today. You asked some of the dumbest questions dude

6 days ago '14        #92
Los Pollos 11 heat pts11
space
space
 Mcbooger said
Point is hillbilly, is not much from the past has changed today. Slavery in the past is wall street today. You asked some of the dumbest questions dude
Yea hardly any difference between slavery and sports leagues!

Except the fact that you get paid a sh*t ton of money and are free not to participate at all. Other than those two minor things that by definition make it nothing like slavery, there’s really no difference!

My questions weren’t asked to sound intelligent. They were asked to attempt to follow your logic, which is why you refused to answer them because they point out the flaws in it.

Everything you say about sports leagues can be said about any job period. That’s not slavery, it’s capitalism. Like I said, if you really feel that it’s modern day slavery yet continue to watch/support any sports league, you’re a hypocrite. Funny how you are avoiding that part, just like my questions. I wonder why?

Last edited by Los Pollos; 06-13-2019 at 12:07 PM..

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
online now  47
Image(s) inside Big U EXPOSED As OWNER Of "CRIP LLC" Trying STEAL NIPSEY "TMC SLOGAN",..
210 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+83online now  37
NBA 10 Things you Didn't Know About The 1996 Bulls
121 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  28
Video inside Jun 18 - Jay Z was bad for losing 92 Bricks. Over $1B Worth Of Cocaine ..
95 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+33online now  10
Image(s) inside The Jamaican drink that gives you extra inches in bed
230 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy