online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Shyne admits he wasn't the shooter, just the fall guy

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

2 months ago '17        #26
KingLogic 
Props total: 14683 14 K  Slaps total: 987 987
 Legit Trap said 🔗
This world so fraudulent

emoji

Why the accent?
This reminds me of some wild sh1t I just learned last week. Reggae singer Shaggy pretty much grew up in NYC and the accent he used in his music was fake. He said he just made a hit with the accent and basically got pigeonholed into performing with it for his entire career.
+4   

2 months ago '04        #27
mprnc2000 
Props total: 10559 10 K  Slaps total: 2973 2 K
Seeing Shyne as a politician is weird to me
+2   

2 months ago '04        #28
Duntaz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 73094 73 K  Slaps total: 4546 4 K
 Legit Trap said 🔗
This world so fraudulent

emoji

Why the accent?
That’s his true accent. But Shyne has to be the greatest rebranding in hip hop history. n1gga went from the commission to Belize Obama.

Look at this n1gga stuntin in front of Justin’s acting silly.
If it wasn't cops all over I’d smack him with this milli
emoji

🔗

🔗

Last edited by Duntaz; 04-18-2024 at 08:12 AM..
+9   

2 months ago '18        #29
mistersims 
Props total: 5587 5 K  Slaps total: 327 327
 sycomiko said 🔗
I don't like the way p Diddy did shyne with different lawyers, why it's mentioned in my rhymes fu#k it, it's just an intro, hate it or love it, like it bump it or dump it write it, across the stomach spell God's son...
emoji

↪🔗
my favorite nas track hands down
+5   

2 months ago '06        #30
illathruz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 23006 23 K  Slaps total: 4608 4 K
 Drewsmit said 🔗

Where is the full collection or is this everything so far?

They need one for Mark Curry
+1   

2 months ago '14        #31
Black Einstein  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11476 11 K  Slaps total: 1525 1 K
 drose1985 said 🔗
I mean his dad was a politician too lol. Carribean ppl have unique ability to turn accent on/off. Commonplace growing up in Dmv. Also a lot of them already speaking English when coming over here.
Me and my family just got back from Belize earlier this month. Firstly, English is the native language of Belize. In fact, the are the only country in Middle/South America for which this is the case. They were under British rule until around 1981 and they still have a picture of Queen Elizabeth on their money.

Secondly, our friends who live there told us that many Belizians feel that Shyne is only using them for political access. He never used to hold it down for Belize. Also, he is only now granted the ability to enter the US because of his political office.

Lastly, yes that n1gga is really pushing that accent hard now days. No surprise though. So many of these hollywood n1ggas are about as real as a $3 bill.

Last edited by Black Einstein; 04-18-2024 at 11:50 AM..
+7   

2 months ago '11        #32
Sinamatik CFR  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 75114 75 K  Slaps total: 7653 7 K
 T-800 said 🔗
That's how Carribbean people talk amongst themselves and family (he's half Belizean), if anything his "American" accent is probably fake
This
+2   

2 months ago '15        #33
AmillionMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 48759 48 K  Slaps total: 15068 15 K
 TexasPlayaMayne said 🔗
That n1gga never had an accent a day in his life. He copying the people he is around today.
Which is smart

2 months ago '18        #34
TexasPlayaMayne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 29851 29 K  Slaps total: 23601 23 K
 AmillionMo said 🔗
Which is smart
Also fake, which was the op point.
+3   

2 months ago '04        #35
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 136854 136 K  Slaps total: 8798 8 K
 Legit Trap said 🔗
This world so fraudulent

emoji

Why the accent?
You must be young

T-800 said 🔗
That's how Carribbean people talk amongst themselves and family (he's half Belizean), if anything his "American" accent is probably fake
Yup

2 months ago '12        #36
sycomiko  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 10783 10 K  Slaps total: 3261 3 K
 mistersims said 🔗
my favorite nas track hands down
Ya. Poppa was a playa and that song were my sh1t. Timeless. Along with get down. Nasty
emoji
+3   

2 months ago '04        #37
youngmic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 90531 90 K  Slaps total: 7290 7 K
 Bout Dat said 🔗
If youíre of island descent then you know you have your more American way of speaking when around other Americans and when youíre around fam your accent naturally comes out. Itís with me too. My accent so subtle until Iím back around my ppls. Iíve noticed the same with others too.
this
emoji
glad someone gets it
+3   

2 months ago '04        #38
ScaledAt10 
Props total: 5780 5 K  Slaps total: 879 879
 drose1985 said 🔗
I mean his dad was a politician too lol. Carribean ppl have unique ability to turn accent on/off. Commonplace growing up in Dmv. Also a lot of them already speaking English when coming over here.
This!!! I'm convinced anyone younger than 30 in this country is stupid. My Caribbean homies have always been able to accent switch all my life.
+14   

2 months ago '04        #39
bigtrevdogg 
Props total: 8273 8 K  Slaps total: 1157 1 K
 Bout Dat said 🔗
If youíre of island descent then you know you have your more American way of speaking when around other Americans and when youíre around fam your accent naturally comes out. Itís with me too. My accent so subtle until Iím back around my ppls. Iíve noticed the same with others too.
I don't think Americans fully understand that. My wife is Jamaican and when she is around American's she speaks like an American, but when she is around her Jamaican ppl she speaks patois. If she spoke to an American in Jamaican patois they would be lost. So she has to speak not in her natural patois so they can understand.
+9   

2 months ago '15        #40
jayande 
Props total: 6050 6 K  Slaps total: 398 398
 Proffesor X said 🔗
Shyness got paid MILLIONS for his time over 13 easy

Also this is his Drink Champs interview not even 2 years ago...his preference of accent change is definitely strange

↪🔗
No the accent change isn't strange. But it's all about your perception of it, or your exposure to it. I'm Jamaican and came to the US as a kid. So I know all about this, especially from a Black perspective. Think of it like this...when other groups of people from other countries who speak a different language or dialect interact with each other in their homes or just amongst each other in general, they speak to each other in their own language. But when they're out and about in the world and interacting with friends and associates who don't speak the language or dialect (in his case Belizean patois) you speak English, with an English accent if you're able too so those people can understand you. I do the same thing. It's almost like being
bilingual, but it's just a variation of English. Africans do it, Indians do it, Koreans, Chinese, Italians etc literally every one does it. It's not strange. You can use your accent whenever you want. It's up to you, it's yours. Black Americans have their own dialects too, Southern, Midwestern, West Coast, North East and they're all unique. Growing up I saw my Black American friends in different situations turn it on and off. And it wasn't strange to me, because I understand.

And I'm not talking about "code switching" to appease or make white people feel comfortable btw.
+7   

2 months ago '10        #41
HolyFatherSteve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x352
Props total: 79584 79 K  Slaps total: 53015 53 K
rip diddler

2 months ago '22        #42
DBD Gogeta 
Props total: 1953 1 K  Slaps total: 302 302
 T-800 said 🔗
The public Shyne we knew wasn't necessarily how he spoke with his family. I never knew my Trini friend had an accent until I went to his house and heard him talk to his family. I knew him for years, we went to the same middle school and even when we went to different high schools he still lived close by
I personally did this.

Most all of my friends new my strong miami accent that code switxh the minute i get around my bahamian family an i sound like a gulla gee chee.

I literally still do it to this day and can do it mid sentence in speech.

Yall folks not from caribbean enclaves like nyc and south florida i guess dont understand this cause you dont live around too much of us...this isnt that weird toronto fake jamaican accent that they are putting on..we legit have to speak like this around our family/peers or we are seemed as fake because in the household its how we talk.
+4   

2 months ago '04        #43
deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 55214 55 K  Slaps total: 6105 6 K
🔗

+1   

2 months ago '22        #44
DBD Gogeta 
Props total: 1953 1 K  Slaps total: 302 302
 KingLogic said 🔗
This reminds me of some wild sh1t I just learned last week. Reggae singer Shaggy pretty much grew up in NYC and the accent he used in his music was fake. He said he just made a hit with the accent and basically got pigeonholed into performing with it for his entire career.
He is embellishing.

Shaggy is jamaican it isnt a fake jamaican accent he is putting on. He really did speak that way though he lived alot in nyc.

Would u say busta rhymes has a fake jamaican accent?. He was born n raised in nyc and he speaks patois fluent. Biggie same sh1t.

Shaggy embelishes it with that story because most ppl believe he doesnt have an american accent..but even his american accent has a jamaican twang to it. He wasnt pidgeonholed to sh1t lol
+5   

2 months ago '16        #45
gbrown 
Props total: 726 726  Slaps total: 44 44
The one diss track he did over the phone going at 50 is forever a classic
+4   

2 months ago '22        #46
lovetalkgames 
Props total: 11854 11 K  Slaps total: 2497 2 K
Shyne was a victim of circumstance. Even when you listen to his music it’s clear he wouldn’t have been on gangster sht had he been in a better environment.

That eventually led him to Diddy and that fateful night.

Glad he’s past it now.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #47
badboy600  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 19447 19 K  Slaps total: 2161 2 K
He slipped when he said he was defending himself. Everyone already knows he was a shooter that night but i understand him not wanting to come our a say it being what he is now
+1   

2 months ago '23        #48
RivaL SchooLs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 5844 5 K  Slaps total: 2549 2 K
his album made him sound like he was the shooter

all his album was, was cusswords and threats
+1   

2 months ago '17        #49
KingLogic 
Props total: 14683 14 K  Slaps total: 987 987
 DBD Gogeta said 🔗
He is embellishing.

Shaggy is jamaican it isnt a fake jamaican accent he is putting on. He really did speak that way though he lived alot in nyc.

Would u say busta rhymes has a fake jamaican accent?. He was born n raised in nyc and he speaks patois fluent. Biggie same sh1t.

Shaggy embelishes it with that story because most ppl believe he doesnt have an american accent..but even his american accent has a jamaican twang to it. He wasnt pidgeonholed to sh1t lol
I repeated what he said. Wasn't talking about any of the other folks you mentioned or giving my own opinion.

2 months ago '18        #50
Illmatic826z  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 18965 18 K  Slaps total: 3385 3 K
He admitted the same thing thing in his XXL mag interview back in the day.

He said heíd never say it in court bcuz heís not a rat.

Shynes mother said puff gave her 3500 thatís correct 35 hundred not thousand

After shyne went to jail and she rejected it
+2   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo Iman shumpert might have to pay $8k a month in child support spends 14k a..
49 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+9374
Image(s) inside Females Get VIRAL Plumber FIRED from his job after the ďPop The Ballon..
181 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Taxstone, back on Wack 100 head
37 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+4547
Video inside I knew something was off by the thumbnail alone. These women are cooke..
140 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish