Mia St. John "Everyone in Boxing is doing PED's"

view more...

most viewed right now
+38  91
41 comments @wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 months ago '06        #1
767 page views
21 comments

tg4hiphop 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,022 | Props total: 49 49
Mia St. John "Everyone in Boxing is doing PED's"

Former boxer Mia St. John admits using PEDs in wake of Alvarez-Golovkin controversy

Gennady Golovkin’s latest criticism of Canelo Alvarez over his positive drug tests in February brought former women’s boxer Mia St. John to what she called “a boiling point.”

The former three-division title challenger from Orange County decided to stand up for Alvarez on Twitter after Golovkin called his middleweight-title challenger “the most unpleasant and dirtiest opponent I’ve ever had.”

St. John tweeted, “Whatever. Everyone does it & everyone in boxing knows it,” then admitted Saturday she used performance-enhancing substances during her own career.

St. John’s tweet ignited a firestorm of responses, with former cruiserweight world champion Tony Bellew of England writing, “Sorry to inform you, but not everyone does it, sweetie! Some of us former world champions actually believe in training insanely hard and having a fair f!ght … . It’s sad and worrying that people taking PEDs actually think like you do.”

And former 154-pound champion Sergio Mora added, “That’s what makes winning so satisfying — the [expletive] sacrifice.”

St. John, who was 49-14-2 during a career that stretched from 1997 until 2016, told the Los Angeles Times in an extended telephone conversation Saturday that she used steroids including Winstrol, Deca Durabolin and Anavar, along with banned masking agents and weight-loss substances to prepare for an estimated 20 f!ghts.

“Obviously, I’m a Canelo fan, but I hate it when other f!ghters put down other f!ghters for something we all know is rampant in boxing,” St. John, 51, told The Times. “I never once tested positive, and I’ve never told anyone this, but now that I’m retired I feel like it’s OK.

“It’s not right, but what I’m trying to say is that it’s a vicious cycle we get caught up in. You’re in a gym. You’re in a big camp. Obviously, I was part of the biggest shows of my time."

“So when your camp is doing it, it’s going around the gym, your sparring partners are doing it, you feel compelled — ‘Oh my God, I have to do it’ — to keep up with everybody. It’s a mind trick. And once you’re on it, it’s so hard to come off because it becomes very addicting. That’s what people don’t know.”

She declined to identify any other f!ghters whom she knew were using banned drugs.

“I’m not going to say what f!ghts [I used] because then people can trace back to what cards I was on, what camp I was in, who I was training with … I would never out anybody,” she said.

Her boxing career featured title losses to future UFC champion Holly Holm in 2005, current featherweight champion Jelena Mrdjenovich in 2006 and current unified welterweight champion Cecilia Braekhus in 2013 as well as a 2012 victory over Christy Martin.

She described her drug use as “sporadic. I would pick and choose which f!ghts it was necessary. Some f!ghts I won, some I lost.”

Alvarez’s punching-bag treatment on Twitter moved her to call out the sport.

“I’ve wanted to say something so bad for so long. I was so ashamed I got stuck in that trap that I couldn’t. Until now, until today,” St. John said. “It’s so cathartic to say ‘Here it is … .’

“Obviously, it’s not every single f!ghter, but there were a lot. I saw so much of it in my career and I don’t mind coming out with this now because it’s a serious issue that our sport needs to address.”

More than increasing punching power, St. John said she used steroids to maximize her hand and foot speed and recovery time during the cramped regimens of morning running, afternoon weight training and sparring.

“There were certain f!ghters I knew were taking — they had been busted before — and I thought I felt I had to start doing it, too, because my life is on the line,” St. John said. “We’re all a little selfish and all want to save our own a.ss.

“Our mentality is: If someone’s going down, it’s going to be you, not me. No f!ghter can honestly say he’s more worried about his opponent. No you aren’t. You’re worried about yourself.”

Golovkin has said he was originally troubled by what he perceived as injection marks on Alvarez’s torso before they fought to a draw in September. The Voluntary Anti-Doping a.ssn. subjected Alvarez to his first drug tests in Mexico in February, and he submitted two samples positive for clenbuterol, which can benefit stamina and endurance.

While Alvarez, a former two-division champion, contends he ingested the substance from beef he ate in Mexico, the Nevada Athletic Commission suspended him for six months. Instead of f!ghting Golovkin in a rematch in May, their second meeting will be Sept. 15 in Las Vegas.

St. John said “I don’t know” what happened with Alvarez, but she chafed as she read Golovkin’s comments bashing his foe as dirty.

“If you’re going to take the f!ght and the money, you’re kind of a hypocrite,” St. John said. “Shut up, stop bashing Canelo and let it go, or give up the money, stand by your principles and say, ‘I refuse to f!ght any f!ghter who’s cheating.’ Otherwise, let him redeem himself and move on.”

Drug testing has improved in recent years, but St. John sees it as an ongoing cat-and-mouse game.

She admitted it’s possible the fame she gained from her ring success and notoriety after a 1999 Playboy pictorial might have generated preferential treatment beyond favorable matchmaking.

“I was tested many times,” she said. “There’s many methods to get around it. Just because you didn’t get caught doesn’t mean you weren’t doing it. It just meant you didn’t get caught.

“I did my homework. They gave us a whole list of what not to do and I knew a lot of stuff I was doing was on that list. I did everything I could to mask it — masking drugs, catheters with other people’s urine — and then the rest is up to luck.

“I would leave the bathroom shaking, praying and sweating bullets. You cross your fingers. Crazy enough, I didn’t get caught. Some girls did and I felt so awful and ashamed, like what a hypocrite … in many ways, yes, I was protected.”

St. John said she plans to attend the Golovkin-Alvarez rematch and is prepared to defend her stance if confronted by anyone in person or on social media.

“Instead of shaming, let’s search for answers. Let's ask f!ghters to find a way to deal with it instead of insulting and hurting each other. All that does is make people hide and stay quiet about it … look at me,” she said.

visit this link https://www.latimes.com/s .. edium=twitter#

21 comments for "Mia St. John "Everyone in Boxing is doing PED's""

3 months ago '10        #2
JudasHatesJesus 148 heat pts148
space
space
$7,195 | Props total: 5026 5026
I still have her Playboy magazine

3 months ago '15        #3
Hellmatic 2 heat pts
space
space
$19,566 | Props total: 23665 23665
 JudasHatesJesus said

[pic - click to view]

3 months ago '06        #4
tg4hiphop 10 heat pts10 OP
space
space
$2,022 | Props total: 49 49
 JudasHatesJesus said
the fappening material was never real.

3 months ago '06        #5
Supreme7 3 heat pts
space
space
$14,132 | Props total: 3114 3114
 Hellmatic said

[pic - click to view]

3 months ago '06        #6
philly337 26 heat pts26
space
space
$31,613 | Props total: 16739 16739
Lies

3 months ago '15        #7
intheknow 131 heat pts131
space
space
$5,805 | Props total: 11831 11831
I ain't even know who this bi*ch was. She do got that playboy vibe to her. The way them old chicks looked back then. Shorty is a clown tho

BUT In the words of Deontay "It's a lot of them", "It's a lot of them doing it"

That boy Wilder ain't been adamant about something & lied yet

3 months ago '09        #8
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$40,511 | Props total: 32388 32388
Nah sit down silly hoe

3 months ago '05        #9
Tha TC 68 heat pts68
space
space
$8,168 | Props total: 10873 10873
Foh bi*ch everyone’s not doing it only thing that’ll show up in a lot of f!ghters systems is weed and coke

3 months ago '18        #10
Kodack sixnine 219 heat pts219
space
space
space
$2,214 | Props total: 12700 12700
 intheknow said
I ain't even know who this bi*ch was. She do got that playboy vibe to her. The way them old chicks looked back then. Shorty is a clown tho

BUT In the words of Deontay "It's a lot of them", "It's a lot of them doing it"

That boy Wilder ain't been adamant about something & lied yet
He doing it his damn self.

3 months ago '07        #11
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$45,411 | Props total: 50423 50423
Dumb bi*ch. She wasn't talented enough, so she want to throw any and everyone else in the fire to make her own sh*t look accepted.

Every gym has a dude that will take you down that route, only if you let them though.

3 months ago '05        #12
Tha TC 68 heat pts68
space
space
 Kodack sixnine said
Wilder ain’t doing sh*t stop it dudes a skinny a.ss heavyweight last f!ght he was 217.

3 months ago '18        #13
Da Big Tymers 7 heat pts
space
space
$871 | Props total: 1641 1641
 Tha TC said
Foh bi*ch everyone’s not doing it only thing that’ll show up in a lot of f!ghters systems is weed and coke
@ all of us are around boxing and this bi*ch is a fu*king lie she got 14 Ls and roided up she's a fu*king failure at life

n*ggas speculate who's doing it more than anything kuz most don't know the signs or anything about it in the gyms i go to . This bi*ch is a lie a failure and snitch

3 months ago '18        #14
Da Big Tymers 7 heat pts
space
space
$871 | Props total: 1641 1641
 Kodack sixnine said
U sound fu*king dumb the n*gga skinny as fu*k and has an explosive once in a lifetime right hand. I could she if he was crushing people and bullying them but the n*ggas sh*t is pure talent. I know a n*gga who fought him ain't sh*t roided about him

Why would he being heat on himself but saying muthafu*kas is cheating? He calls them cheaters idiot smh

3 months ago '05        #15
Tha TC 68 heat pts68
space
space
 Da Big Tymers said
U sound fu*king dumb the n*gga skinny as fu*k and has an explosive once in a lifetime right hand. I could she if he was crushing people and bullying them but the n*ggas sh*t is pure talent. I know a n*gga who fought him ain't sh*t roided about him

Why would he being heat on himself but saying muthafu*kas is cheating? He calls them cheaters idiot smh
I got a teammate who’s cool af with Wilder and know dudes who have sparred him. n*ggaz take turns in the ring with him because of that fu*king right hand.

If a boxer was to have Wilders right hand and Stevenson’s left hand that n*gga would be Thanos! Some of y’all don’t know sh*t about boxing

3 months ago '15        #16
MULVTTX 6 heat pts
space
space
$2,387 | Props total: 5046 5046
every world class athlete*

3 months ago '17        #17
O1as 230 heat pts230
space
space
$8,005 | Props total: 17036 17036
listen every athlete is juicing no cap

3 months ago '04        #18
Decan45 2 heat pts
space
space
$11,540 | Props total: 5254 5254
Everybody uses PEDs.

3 months ago '16        #19
Normy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$3,922 | Props total: 7775 7775
Bellew lol

3 months ago '04        #20
Cage 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,705 | Props total: 4302 4302
I like how everyone is giving her sh*t for speaking the truth, everybody is on PEDS...

3 months ago '16        #21
Negusis 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,472 | Props total: 8498 8498
It's not like she's telling any lies though.

3 months ago '05        #22
Tha TC 68 heat pts68
space
space
 stogz said
Dumb bi*ch. She wasn't talented enough, so she want to throw any and everyone else in the fire to make her own sh*t look accepted.

Every gym has a dude that will take you down that route, only if you let them though.
Quoted for emphasis.

Home      

most viewed right now
+36online now  49
Video inside Mother goes off on entire town after snooping thru her daughters Snapch..
51 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+32online now  40
Image(s) inside this bi-ch...
23 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-32online now  37
Candace Owens calls rappers "fake thugs and cowards" after Dems vote no on pri..
206 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  23
Black Friday Thread
41 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  19
Nov 18 - the dea mafia wants to ban kratom smh
30 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+26online now  18
Image(s) inside Dumpster Juice loses millions to Sting over uncleared sample
185 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+35online now  17
Video inside Women are NASTY
90 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  13
Nov 17 - Korea and Japan's No Women Allowed Policy, Has Smart Women Looking Fo..
30 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy