Aug 22 - the defense department bans soldiers from using cbd smh

most viewed right now
-34  202
47 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
26 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 weeks ago '09        #1
573 page views
18 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$75,741 | Props total: 134523 134523
Aug 22 - the defense department bans soldiers from using cbd smh

visit this link https://hightimes.com/new .. ted-using-cbd/

From Washington to main street, changes to U.S. drug policy are evident. CBD products line the aisles at supermarkets and convenience stores. And emboldened by a new law that permits hemp cultivation, states across America are considering the crop as a new agricultural cornerstone.

Those changes do not, however, extend to the U.S. military. The Department of Defense issued a stern warning to its servicemembers this week: steer clear of hemp-derived products such as cannabidiol, better known as CBD.

“It’s completely forbidden for use by any service member in any of the services at this point of time,” said Patricia Deuster, director of the Human Performance Laboratory at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Maryland, as quoted by Military.com.

The warning comes on the heels of similar guidelines issued by the nation’s sea services, with the Navy, Coast Guard and Marines all warning members that, despite changes to state and federal law, the military policy remains the same.

The need to clarify the policy stems in part from the Agriculture Improvement Act, better known as the 2018 Farm Bill, which legalized the regulated industrial production of hemp, a move that inspired several states to pursue cultivation of the crop. It’s also resulted in scores of CBD-based products—from chocolate to soap—to hit the market.

“It’s a real conundrum, and it’s going to be a major issue for the military because it is available [nearly everywhere],” Deuster said. “You go into any store, and you can find gummy bears with a supplement fact panel on it.”

The legislation prompted the Department of Navy to issue a statement earlier this month directing sailors and marines “not to use hemp-derived products.”

“Navy policy has not been affected by the passage of the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018, and all products derived from hemp or marijuana are still prohibited,” the directive reads. “While currently deemed legal for civilians in some states, all hemp and CBD products are strictly prohibited for use by Sailors.”

The clarification to military policy serves as another reminder of the imbalance that is likely to exist in various corners of American society as the drug laws are reconsidered. Cannabis has been legalized both for recreational and medicinal use in states across the country, even as it remains banned under the federal Controlled Substances Act (CSA).

The 2018 Farm Bill removed hemp from the Controlled Substances Act, creating an opening for the fledgling CBD industry. But members of the military are being advised that such products could result in a costly drug test.

“The use of products containing or derived from hemp, may interfere with the Navy and Marine Corps Drug Testing Program and result in the reporting of unlawful THC levels in Sailors and Marines,” Navy Secretary Richard V. Spencer declared in a guidance issued this month.

Sailors and Marines, Spencer warned, “cannot rely on the packaging and labeling of hemp products in determining whether the product contains THC concentrations that could cause a positive urinalysis result.”
+3   

best
worst
18 comments

4 weeks ago '16        #2
foshoVoodoo  291 heat pts291
space
space
$17,151 | Props total: 40030 40030
sh*t I smoked weed in boot camp frfr
+3   

4 weeks ago '19        #3
Rocko 
space
space
space
$441 | Props total: 1201 1201
 foshoVoodoo said
sh*t I smoked weed in boot camp frfr
+6   

4 weeks ago '17        #4
FreeSmoke  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$4,392 | Props total: 14064 14064
Cos dey want em to come back here wid PTSD actin a fool
Dey not in it for anybody well being
+6   

4 weeks ago '11        #5
Sin  2273 heat pts2273
space
space
$33,949 | Props total: 106293 106293
 Rocko said
you expect to train normal people to be k*llers without drugs or side effects?

4 weeks ago '16        #6
foshoVoodoo  291 heat pts291
space
space
$17,151 | Props total: 40030 40030
 Rocko said
temporary baracks the week we went to the gas chamber. Don't even think we was in cherry point. They didn't tell us where we was at. Same week we did compass training
+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #7
Rocko 
space
space
space
 Sin said
you expect to train normal people to be k*llers without drugs or side effects?
Boxden n*ggas telling me ducktales about somehow smoking weed in bootcamp. Sure bro
+4   

4 weeks ago '19        #8
Rocko 
space
space
space
 foshoVoodoo said
temporary baracks the week we went to the gas chamber. Don't even think we was in cherry point. They didn't tell us where we was at. Same week we did compass training
Yeah that's believable
+2   

4 weeks ago '09        #9
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
space
space
$75,741 | Props total: 134523 134523
 FreeSmoke said
Cos dey want em to come back here wid PTSD actin a fool
Dey not in it for anybody well being

all these nonstop tours and endless wars are not good for anybody. the war machine pumps soldiers full of deadly syntheric sh*t. but it refuses to let soldiers use something thats natural and has never k*lled anybody
+6   

4 weeks ago '11        #10
Sin  2273 heat pts2273
space
space
 Rocko said
Boxden n*ggas telling me ducktales about somehow smoking weed in bootcamp. Sure bro
is that impossibly?

I never served so I have no idea

and I don't drink or smoke

4 weeks ago '19        #11
Rocko 
space
space
space
 Sin said
is that impossibly?

I can only speak on the Air Force.

Yeah it's impossible.
+4   

4 weeks ago '04        #12
ohhohh  3 heat pts3
space
space
$2,121 | Props total: 3679 3679
 Rocko said
I can only speak on the Air Force.

Yeah it's impossible.
Was in the Air Force as well and ain't no way a n*gga smoked weed in basic and got away with it....especially in the 324th..
+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #13
Rocko 
space
space
space
 ohhohh said
Was in the Air Force as well and ain't no way a n*gga smoked weed in basic and got away with it....especially in the 324th..

I was a knight too back in 2008. n*ggas were getting busted from smuggling peanut butters out the chowhall back in basic but you're able to not only somehow smuggle weed in but smoke it without getting caught.

Yeah, ok.
+4   

4 weeks ago '04        #14
ohhohh  3 heat pts3
space
space
$2,121 | Props total: 3679 3679
 Rocko said

I was a knight too back in 2008. n*ggas were getting busted from smuggling peanut butters out the chowhall back in basic but you're able to not only somehow smuggle weed in but smoke it without getting caught.

Yeah, ok.

I was there 2008 too bruh....what months you go through?

4 weeks ago '06        #15
datVAkid  45 heat pts45
space
space
$19,211 | Props total: 15143 15143
sh*t i smoke wee in basic...

basic math

3 weeks ago '19        #16
Rocko 
space
space
space
 ohhohh said
I was there 2008 too bruh....what months you go through?
I was there from the last week of August to the first week of October. We were like the last group that only had to do 6 weeks of basic

3 weeks ago '04        #17
killadre  248 heat pts248
space
space
$22,432 | Props total: 22547 22547
 Sin said
is that impossibly?

I served in the navy and I don’t believe that ish. Multiple drugs test take place while there. And also within the first week of A school

So yeah I call ducktales
+1   

3 weeks ago '11        #18
Sin  2273 heat pts2273
space
space
 killadre said
I served in the navy and I don’t believe that ish. Multiple drugs test take place while there. And also within the first week of A school

So yeah I call ducktales
Maybe he forget to mention that’s what got him kicked out boot camp lol
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #19
Eyesofchaos  24 heat pts24
space
space
$1,158 | Props total: 2131 2131
Salute to ya'll always wanted to be Chair Force real sh*t. Also ya'll have the most odds for being picked up by The Farm, Space Force or NASA due to security clearances unless sh*t has changed. Idk its been a minute since I was looking to it.

Last edited by Eyesofchaos; 08-27-2019 at 06:47 AM..

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  46
Sep 18 - Police Shutdown an Illegal IPTV Service With 50 Million Subscribers
117 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+80online now  33
A Black Houston police officer shot and killed a couple of white suspected dr..
80 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  26
Image(s) inside Rising Jax Florida Rapper Baby Soulja arrested for Georgia Homicide!
90 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  24
Sep 19 - Overstock CEO sells all his shares: I know enough to fry the Deep Sta..
41 comments
24 hours ago
@news
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy