online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

First Look At The Air Jordan 4 'Bred Reimagined' 👀

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section gear

5 months ago '17        #51
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 227850 227 K  Slaps total: 41842 41 K
Top 10 BXSC sportsbetter
 Teddy KGB said 🔗
You are entitled to your opinion, but I donít get it. They just look like sneakers. Whether you think they are the greatest or not, I think itís exaggeration to say they are ugly as sin.
The sales figures and lack of interest from the majority of their fan base are agreeing with me on those sh0es you posted being absolute trash

emoji

Jordans actually were well designed sneakers back in the day. Now they are just putting random straps and sh1t everywhere like those godawful orthopedic Jordan 33s

emoji
+1   

5 months ago '15        #52
Teddy KGB 
Props total: 98258 98 K  Slaps total: 11248 11 K
 justin747 said 🔗
The sales figures and lack of interest from the majority of their fan base are agreeing with me on those sh0es you posted being absolute trash

emoji

Jordans actually were well designed sneakers back in the day. Now they are just putting random straps and sh1t everywhere like those godawful orthopedic Jordan 33s

emoji
Absolute trash? Do you even play basketball?

5 months ago '17        #53
Top 10 BXSC sportsbetter
 Teddy KGB said 🔗
Absolute trash? Do you even play basketball?
emoji

fu#k no. Iím in my 30s with responsibilities. Iím not randomly playing pickup basketball and risking injury. That doesnít mean I donít work out tho.

This is what I meant earlier. New Jordanís went from ma$s appealing sh0es to a niche audience of ONLY basketball players.

Iíve seen you do this before. You arenít able to understand this from an objective perspective.

YOU might regularly play basketball but what about people who donít? Whatís the incentive to buy these ugly a$s Jordanís if I box instead of play basketball? Or should we just look elsewhere?
+1   

5 months ago '08        #54
Trophykn1ght 
Props total: 7595 7 K  Slaps total: 1029 1 K
 Teddy KGB said 🔗
Props.

I don't get why the new models don't get love. I'm a hooper so I usually get one pair of whatever the new model is each year. Just got the 38 FIBAs and they feel real nice. Going to play in them for the first time on Thursday when my new league starts. While I'm not going to mess them up wearing them casually on the street, I don't see why you couldn't. All these new models look dope, but people are conditioned to only wear 1-14. I'm not dissing retros, but I don't even buy them anymore. I feel like copying what other people are wearing is wack, plus I don't like having to compete to spend my money.

Here are some of the new models I have:

Jordan 38 FIBA

Jordan 37 Raptors

Jordan 37 Hare

Jordan 35 DNA

Jordan 34 White/Iridescent

Jordan 33 All-Star

If they had nike swooshes on them people would go nuts

but I get it, because for decades the non-retros were made with trash materials so even the newer better quality stuff is looked at like trash

these were some of the best performance basketball sh0es I've ever had

+1   

5 months ago '15        #55
Teddy KGB 
 Trophykn1ght said 🔗
If they had nike swooshes on them people would go nuts

but I get it, because for decades the non-retros were made with trash materials so even the newer better quality stuff is looked at like trash

these were some of the best performance basketball sh0es I've ever had

YES!

I had those in the BHM colorway. Melo M10. I was somewhat disappointed in them because they were basically the same as the Jordan 28 SE, which I had in the Christmas colorway and yes… those were one of the absolute best hooping sh0es ever made. I felt the Melo version was slightly less as good, but they were still excellent. Now… the Melo M11 (basically same as a Jordan 29)… that might be my #1 favorite. I was still rocking them in games up until this year sometimes.

I had both of these

Jordan 28 SE Christmas

Melo M10 BHM

These are the Melo M11’s I had

All Star

Concrete Jungle

+1   

5 months ago '15        #56
Teddy KGB 
 justin747 said 🔗
emoji

fu#k no. I’m in my 30s with responsibilities. I’m not randomly playing pickup basketball and risking injury. That doesn’t mean I don’t work out tho.

This is what I meant earlier. New Jordan’s went from ma$s appealing sh0es to a niche audience of ONLY basketball players.

I’ve seen you do this before. You aren’t able to understand this from an objective perspective.

YOU might regularly play basketball but what about people who don’t? What’s the incentive to buy these ugly a$s Jordan’s if I box instead of play basketball? Or should we just look elsewhere?
I am older than you with many responsibilities and I still play basketball and stay active. I don’t hoop for hours like I used to, but I play in men’s league year round and I am mid 40’s. I limit it to once or twice a week but I’m not giving up basketball until my body makes me give up.

Say what you want about new Jordans but I have both retros and new models. I don’t see why people say the retros are so much more stylish, but there’s no way to convince people that made up their mind. The new models look just as good to me, they just don’t get hyped up. Like I said, I rock the new ones casually with no care given.

5 months ago '15        #57
Teddy KGB 
 justin747 said 🔗
emoji

fu#k no. Iím in my 30s with responsibilities. Iím not randomly playing pickup basketball and risking injury. That doesnít mean I donít work out tho.
How can you call one of the best hooping sh0es you can buy absolute trash if you donít play basketball?
emoji

Say you donít like the styling, but absolute trash? They are beasts on the court in ways none of the retros ever could imagine. I can play in retrosÖ some better than others, but they are not even close to as good anymore. Jordanís were always designed to be the best performance basketball sneaker from day 1, no matter what fashionistas like to say.
+1   

5 months ago '17        #58
Top 10 BXSC sportsbetter
 Teddy KGB said 🔗
I am older than you with many responsibilities and I still play basketball and stay active. I donít hoop for hours like I used to, but I play in menís league year round and I am mid 40ís. I limit it to once or twice a week but Iím not giving up basketball until my body makes me give up.
The miscommunication here is activity. I box like Iím training for a fight but Iím a regular dude.

This is my whole point. Jordanís were originally designed to be stylish on and off the court. Why would anybody buy the new models if they donít hoop and the older models are readily available?

ThenÖ even if I do decide to go back to basketball I could buy 1 of hundreds of other basketball sh0es. Puma is ki1lING it right now for a fraction of the price of new Jordanís.

Say what you want about new Jordans but I have both retros and new models. I donít see why people say the retros are so much more stylish, but thereís no way to convince people that made up their mind. The new models look just as good to me, they just donít get hyped up. Like I said, I rock the new ones casually with no care given.
This is lack of objectivity again. YOU might not think new Jordanís are ugly but the sales figures say they arenít appealing to many people
+2   

5 months ago '15        #59
Teddy KGB 
 justin747 said 🔗
The miscommunication here is activity. I box like Iím training for a fight but Iím a regular dude.

This is my whole point. Jordanís were originally designed to be stylish on and off the court. Why would anybody buy the new models if they donít hoop and the older models are readily available?

ThenÖ even if I do decide to go back to basketball I could buy 1 of hundreds of other basketball sh0es. Puma is ki1lING it right now for a fraction of the price of new Jordanís.

This is lack of objectivity again. YOU might not think new Jordanís are ugly but the sales figures say they arenít appealing to many people
Itís not the same as it used to be. People now like to wear retros causally and the newer models for performance. Back in the day you didnít really have that choice. There are two separate markets where there was once one market. Itís disingenuous to say that it proves that the new sh0es are ugly. If thatís the case, then why donít you see retros dominating the on court usage? They are no longer the best hooping sh0es, but that doesnít mean they arenít still great sh0es to hoop in. I still play in my 10ís and some other retros once in awhile.

Beauty is not objective, so I have no idea why you would use objectivity as a criticism when we are discussing a subjective matter.

I would say, however, that I am more objective than you, because I can appreciate the looks of both the retro and new models.

5 months ago '17        #60
Top 10 BXSC sportsbetter
 Teddy KGB said 🔗
How can you call one of the best hooping sh0es you can buy absolute trash if you donít play basketball?
emoji

Say you donít like the styling, but absolute trash? They are beasts on the court in ways none of the retros ever could imagine. I can play in retrosÖ some better than others, but they are not even close to as good anymore. Jordanís were always designed to be the best performance basketball sneaker from day 1, no matter what fashionistas like to say.
Because they are fu#kin HIDEOUS.

If youíre in your 40s then you remember when Jordanís were well designed AND great performance sh0es. There should be no sacrifice.

If you and Jordan Brand are telling me I have to pick between looks and performance after 20 years of NOT having to choose then Iíll just take my money elsewhere

And againÖ the fact that almost nobody buys newer Jordanís anymore proves that a lot of people agree with me

emoji
+1   

5 months ago '17        #61
Top 10 BXSC sportsbetter
 Teddy KGB said 🔗
Itís not the same as it used to be. People now like to wear retros causally and the newer models for performance. Back in the day you didnít really have that choice. There are two separate markets where there was once one market. Itís disingenuous to say that it proves that the new sh0es are ugly. If thatís the case, then why donít you see retros dominating the on court usage? They are no longer the best hooping sh0es, but that doesnít mean they arenít still great sh0es to hoop in. I still play in my 10ís and some other retros once in awhile.

Beauty is not objective, so I have no idea why you would use objectivity as a criticism when we are discussing a subjective matter.

I would say, however, that I am more objective than you, because I can appreciate the looks of both the retro and new models.
The sales figures tell the whole story.

Retros are flying off shelves to this day. The level of interest is still high.

New Jordanís sit and go on sale at a DEEP discount from a lack of interest

emoji

The majority of their fan base is saying they donít like the new models by not buying them. Itís that simple.
+1   

5 months ago '15        #62
Teddy KGB 
 justin747 said 🔗
The sales figures tell the whole story.

Retros are flying off shelves to this day. The level of interest is still high.

New Jordanís sit and go on sale at a DEEP discount from a lack of interest

emoji

The majority of their fan base is saying they donít like the new models by not buying them. Itís that simple.
Itís a different world. You are living in the past. Back in the days, you had dual purpose kicks. These days people donít do that. People buy separate sh0es for casual wear and separate sh0es for sport use. You are not comparing apples to apples.

5 months ago '17        #63
Top 10 BXSC sportsbetter
 Teddy KGB said 🔗
It’s a different world. You are living in the past. Back in the days, you had dual purpose kicks. These days people don’t do that. People buy separate sh0es for casual wear and separate sh0es for sport use. You are not comparing apples to apples.
No JORDAN doesn’t do that. Other companies you don’t have to make that choice.

You’re starting to see more NBs than Jordans TBH

emoji

It’s crazy you’re sitting here trying to justify sh0es being ugly and rotting away on shelves

emoji

If you’re happy then I’m happy for you, but don’t act like everybody else is crazy because they don’t like those ugly a$s sh0es you posted.

If anybody is living in the past it’s you. Try out some new sh1t. Other brands make good sh0es too
+1   

5 months ago '15        #64
edub911 
Props total: 13539 13 K  Slaps total: 2140 2 K
Yupppp

5 months ago '15        #65
Teddy KGB 
 justin747 said 🔗
No JORDAN doesnít do that. Other companies you donít have to make that choice.

Youíre starting to see more NBs than Jordans TBH

emoji

Itís crazy youíre sitting here trying to justify sh0es being ugly and rotting away on shelves

emoji

If youíre happy then Iím happy for you, but donít act like everybody else is crazy because they donít like those ugly a$s sh0es you posted.

If anybody is living in the past itís you. Try out some new sh1t. Other brands make good sh0es too
Bruhhh

I am a hooper. I donít need any reason to justify buying performance basketball sneakers. Itís cool, you donít hoop and look at Jís like a fashion accessory, but thatís not what they are. People donít really casually wear their dedicated basketball sh0es as much anymore. Times have changed.

I didnít say you are crazy for not liking them. I just think you are being overly critical. They are amazing basketball sh0es and I happen to think they look great. I do see people wearing them but itís really a premium product so itís less common to see them and Lebrons because of the price tag. Jordanís are less of a dual use sh0e now, but you still could do it if you want.

Sneaker game is different now. Hoopers donít walk around in their court sh0es anymore. We even wear slides in and out of the gym cause we donít like messing up our traction or bringing in dirt from outside on the court.
+1   

5 months ago '16        #66
BobbiHeadRagTop  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 145066 145 K  Slaps total: 6082 6 K
 justin747 said 🔗
No JORDAN doesnít do that. Other companies you donít have to make that choice.

Youíre starting to see more NBs than Jordans TBH

emoji

Itís crazy youíre sitting here trying to justify sh0es being ugly and rotting away on shelves

emoji

If youíre happy then Iím happy for you, but donít act like everybody else is crazy because they donít like those ugly a$s sh0es you posted.

If anybody is living in the past itís you. Try out some new sh1t. Other brands make good sh0es too
Try and tell them, show them numbers but yet they still wanna be loud and wrong
emoji
retros stay winning. Try to post all them uhhgla$s new Js. Them sh1ts are strictly for performance
+2   

5 months ago '15        #67
Teddy KGB 
 BobbiHeadRagTop said 🔗
Try and tell them, show them numbers but yet they still wanna be loud and wrong
emoji
retros stay winning. Try to post all them uhhgla$s new Js. Them sh1ts are strictly for performance
High end basketball sh0es became so much more technologically advanced and better on the court that retros are no longer make sense on the court. Nike marketed retros as casual wear/fashion.

People got more serious about performance. Back in the day, you’d see serious hoopers balling in Agassi’s or Deion’s. You don’t see that anymore. You don’t see people casually rocking any performance sh0es. You can’t seriously compete in Air Max running sh0es. The whole sneaker game has changed, so you can’t judge it off the old rules.

It’s almost like comparing old physical album sales to new digital sales. The industry is just not the same anymore so you can’t compare it.
+1   

5 months ago '17        #68
Top 10 BXSC sportsbetter
 Teddy KGB said 🔗
Bruhhh

I am a hooper. I donít need any reason to justify buying performance basketball sneakers. Itís cool, you donít hoop and look at Jís like a fashion accessory, but thatís not what they are. People donít really casually wear their dedicated basketball sh0es as much anymore. Times have changed.
The problem is againÖ a lack of objectivity. YOU ARE a hooper. What about everybody else???

You keep saying me me me and you canít understand the perspective of someone who does not play basketball

Jordanís used to be for hardcore hoopers and casual hoopers and non hoopers. Thereís no excuse for them not to do it again.

I didnít say you are crazy for not liking them. I just think you are being overly critical. They are amazing basketball sh0es and I happen to think they look great. I do see people wearing them but itís really a premium product so itís less common to see them and Lebrons because of the price tag. Jordanís are less of a dual use sh0e now, but you still could do it if you want.

Sneaker game is different now. Hoopers donít walk around in their court sh0es anymore. We even wear slides in and out of the gym cause we donít like messing up our traction or bringing in dirt from outside on the court.
emoji

I understand you wanna defend your beloved brand but youíre trippin.

There will ALWAYS be multi purpose sh0es. The large majority of sh0es people wear today are runners and trainers that people wear casually instead of running and training

Itís not crazy to ask for looks and performance. Offering both is LITERALLY how Jordan brand both grew to where they are now.

Itís crazy to watch you to defend them being lazy creatively and putting out ugly a$s sh0es.

emoji
+2   

5 months ago '15        #69
Teddy KGB 
 justin747 said 🔗
The problem is again… a lack of objectivity. YOU ARE a hooper. What about everybody else???

You keep saying me me me and you can’t understand the perspective of someone who does not play basketball

Jordan’s used to be for hardcore hoopers and casual hoopers and non hoopers. There’s no excuse for them not to do it again.
Bruh, be honest with yourself. You do not want to wear a new Jordan sneaker. It won’t ever hit for you like the retros. It’s never going to be a full premium leather sh0e again. Performance basketball sh0es are a lot of synthetics and lightweight materials. Why should they compromise performance when people will buy the retros? Why try to ki1l off your biggest market? Do you even think what you are saying makes sense? JB’s business model is roll out retros for casual wear and the official new Jordans as performance sh0es.

Why would Jordan brand as a business want you to buy one sh0e that does it all? They want you to buy multiple sh0es for different purposes. I’m cool with that. It’s fine, you think they are ugly, but they are really more for hoopers than for people like you.

5 months ago '17        #70
Top 10 BXSC sportsbetter
 Teddy KGB said 🔗
Bruh, be honest with yourself. You do not want to wear a new Jordan sneaker. It won’t ever hit for you like the retros. It’s never going to be a full premium leather sh0e again. Performance basketball sh0es are a lot of synthetics and lightweight materials.
Fam you’re making this sh1t so much more complicated than it is.

emoji

The reason I don’t want new Jordan’s and the reason that MOST new Jordan rot on shelves and end up in outlet for 50%+ of is because…..

THEY ARE fu#kIN HIDEOUS

emoji

If new model Jordan’s were flying off shelves then you’d have a point. The sales literally show that most people agree with me.

At this point I’ve moved on to Adidas and Puma and NB so I’m not even fu#king with Retros. I think Jordan’s are dead creatively.

Why should they compromise performance when people will buy the retros? Why try to ki1l off your biggest market? Do you even think what you are saying makes sense?

JB’s business model is roll out retros for casual wear and the official new Jordans as performance sh0es.
None of this justifies making ugly a$s sh0es. You can make decent looking sh0es that also perform well. LITERALLY the business model that got JB to where they are now.

Without retros they couldn’t make those ugly a$s new Jordan’s that only you buy.

It sounds like you have no idea what’s going on outside of Jordan Brand. You’re saying sh1t about performance vs aesthetics when Puma and other brands are doing what you say can’t be done

emoji

Why would Jordan brand as a business want you to buy one sh0e that does it all? They want you to buy multiple sh0es for different purposes. I’m cool with that. It’s fine, you think they are ugly, but they are really more for hoopers than for people like you.
My guy… that’s LITERALLY how Jordan Brand came to be what they are today. The vast majority of JBs sales are from sh0es that are multi use aka Retros.

There’s absolutely no excuse for releasing ugly a$s sh0es that don’t sell. They could literally just put more work into the designs.

It’s legit WILD to watch you debate this

emoji

If there’s one thing i got from this debate it’s that you don’t understand objectivity vs subjectivity. You can’t see any other perspective outside of your own and Jordan Brand.

5 months ago '15        #71
Teddy KGB 
 justin747 said 🔗
The reason I donít want new Jordanís and the reason that MOST new Jordan rot on shelves and end up in outlet for 50%+ of is becauseÖ..

THEY ARE fu#kIN HIDEOUS

If new model Jordanís were flying off shelves then youíd have a point. The sales literally show that most people agree with me.
You are no longer the target demographic for the new Air Jordan models. That's the part I believe you are missing. They used to be catered towards dual purpose use, but now they are primarily performance. Being "hideous" is your opinion. As you can see, we disagree on that, but what is not subjective is the performance. When I look at NB an Puma basketball sneakers I don't see what is so beautiful about them. Not hating on them but I really don't get what you see in them aesthetically.

They do end up on discount at the end of the run, but so does pretty much any sneaker. Lebrons too. Kobes used to be in the outlet on sale before he passed. I used to buy Kobes on sale at Footlocker, Eastbay, etc... all the time back in the day. Jordan brand doesn't try to make the supply on these new models low. They want people to have easy access to them.

They make their money off retros, because hypebeasts buy them. It's become a cult.

5 months ago '17        #72
Top 10 BXSC sportsbetter
 Teddy KGB said 🔗
You are no longer the target demographic for the new Air Jordan models. That's the part I believe you are missing. They used to be catered towards dual purpose use, but now they are primarily performance.
And I think this is bullsh1t. Itís laziness. Thereís no reason a sh0e canít be a good performer and well designed from a style perspective other than sh1tty designers.

emoji

Being "hideous" is your opinion. As you can see, we disagree on that, but what is not subjective is the performance. When I look at NB a Puma basketball sneakers I don't see what is so beautiful about them. Not hating on them but I really don't get what you see in them aesthetically.
They both make sh0es that look SIGNIFICANTLY better than everything Jordan Brand is putting out. We havenít even touched on the monstrosities they make for JB athletes like Luka

emoji

I look at sh0es like the AE1 and Iím glad that other companies are taking chances on new designs while JB is being lazy and just taking inspiration from Retros.

They do end up on discount at the end of the run, but so does pretty much any sneaker. Lebrons too. Kobes used to be in the outlet on sale before he passed. I used to buy Kobes on sale at Footlocker, Eastbay, etc... all the time back in the day. Jordan brand doesn't try to make the supply on these new models low.They want people to have easy access to them.
And people still arenít buying them.

emoji

They make their money off retros, because hypebeasts buy them. It's become a cult.
This is such an oversimplification. Retros sell because they have casual appeal off the court and were worn by a legend on the court.

I can tell youíre an old school JB fan that has never really tried other brands.

I was there a few years ago holding onto the past. You might be surprised on what youíre missing out on.

5 months ago '15        #73
Teddy KGB 
 justin747 said 🔗
They both make sh0es that look SIGNIFICANTLY better than everything Jordan Brand is putting out.

I look at sh0es like the AE1 and I’m glad that other companies are taking chances on new designs while JB is being lazy and just taking inspiration from Retros.

Those AE1 are not all that homie.
emoji

But I’m not going to say they are ugly. If someone was wearing them I would t even blink. But then again I don’t really judge sh0es like that. I realize everyone has an opinion and I don’t need to tell people their stuff is wack.

Last edited by Teddy KGB; 09-28-2023 at 01:09 PM..

5 months ago '17        #74
Top 10 BXSC sportsbetter
 Teddy KGB said 🔗
Those AE1 are not all that homie.
emoji

But I’m not going to say they are ugly. If someone was wearing them I would t even blink. But then again I don’t really judge sh0es like that. I realize everyone has an opinion and I don’t need to tell people their stuff is wack.
It doesn’t matter if they are “all that” tho. That’s not the point.

They are unique
They are cheaper than Jordan’s
They are most likely good performers

Just from this convo I can legit tell you don’t know sh1t outside of JB. Boost is fu#kin LEGIT.

5 months ago '15        #75
Teddy KGB 
 justin747 said 🔗
It doesnít matter if they are ďall thatĒ tho. Thatís not the point.

They are unique
They are cheaper than Jordanís
They are most likely good performers

Just from this convo I can legit tell you donít know sh1t outside of JB. Boost is fu#kin LEGIT.
There are great sh0es by other brands, but I donít see why you think the AE1 is so beautiful and a great dual purpose sh0e compared to the Jordans. Seems like you could casually rock either one. Iím not the one telling you that the sneakers you like are absolute trash. You are the one doing the judging.
emoji

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+1627
Video inside Dr. Dre Ladies and a Gentleman
61 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Mar 3 - Welp they smoked the snail mail carrier in Ohio
53 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Did you know this scene in Napoleon Dynamite wasnít scripted?
37 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
logo Bob Myers admits Warriors Stopped LeBron from having 7 Rings by Now👑
104 comments
2 days ago
@sports