online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Sep 20 - How the fentanyl crisis' fourth wave has hit every corner of the US

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

5 months ago '22        #26
Oracle222 
Props total: 1428 1 K  Slaps total: 319 319
 smokeytheblunt2 said 🔗
so the doctors fu#ked up and gave every adult with slight pain 80’s and would give kids perc 5’s for bad headaches, then they overcorrected the problem they started which lead to heroin to which gave way to fent………

now they’re doing the same sh1t with benzos as they’ve overprescribed them for years and are over correcting again leading to an even more increased risk of running into fent on the street………

It’s almost like they should legalize most drugs or something………..
Watch painki1ler on Netflix it's about the Sackler family and how they blew up Oxy ..I don't see fentanyl as something much different than Oxy.
+2   

5 months ago '22        #27
Oracle222 
 Yousabi#chtoo said 🔗
You guys watch the mini series painki1ler on Netflix? Good short watch. 6 episodes
I just wrote about that. Behind every addictive drug there is a rich white family behind it. Really nothing happened to the sackler family they still walked away with their wealth.
+5   

5 months ago '16        #28
smokeytheblunt2 
Props total: 89132 89 K  Slaps total: 6553 6 K
 Oracle222 said 🔗
Watch painki1ler on Netflix it's about the Sackler family and how they blew up Oxy ..I don't see fentanyl as something much different than Oxy.
I have a hard time watching sh1t about opiates……..

sh1t sounds crazy and sad but minus one dead ex I miss opiates more than I’ve ever missed an ex gf and it’s hard watching sh1t about it…..

during REALLY bad days I’ll watch heroin docs where I know most of the people are going to die at the end to remind myself why I stay away………
+9   

5 months ago '04        #29
j-hood 
Props total: 1850 1 K  Slaps total: 367 367
 Tajin said 🔗
I haven’t touched white in almost 2 years because of this sh1t. Not worth the risk.
sh1t make your dealer take a bump in front of you and wait 30 mins lol
+1   

5 months ago '22        #30
Oracle222 
 smokeytheblunt2 said 🔗
I have a hard time watching sh1t about opiates……..

sh1t sounds crazy and sad but minus one dead ex I miss opiates more than I’ve ever missed an ex gf and it’s hard watching sh1t about it…..

during REALLY bad days I’ll watch heroin docs where I know most of the people are going to die at the end to remind myself why I stay away………
At least you've developed discipline! Stay strong bro!
+1   

5 months ago '16        #31
smokeytheblunt2 
 Oracle222 said 🔗
At least you've developed discipline! Stay strong bro!
I’d like to think there’s no turning back but I’ve learned to never say never……

that said in the last couple of weeks I’ve had the chance to do real heroin for free and ended up being given 13 oxy 5’s as vig on a debt and I didn’t participate in either………

it’s easy when I’m on the proper combo of meds but if Im not that shots hard not to to do……….
+1   

5 months ago '17        #32
bayareabosses 
Props total: 3995 3 K  Slaps total: 581 581
 bigbellyman said 🔗
just lost two homeboys this month to that sh1t. they both thought it was a perc they was taking.
damn sorry for yo loss
+2   

5 months ago '22        #33
Yousabitchtoo 
Props total: 9778 9 K  Slaps total: 3510 3 K
 smokeytheblunt2 said 🔗

that said in the last couple of weeks I’ve had the chance to do real heroin for free and ended up being given 13 oxy 5’s as vig on a debt and I didn’t participate in either………

it’s easy when I’m on the proper combo of meds but if Im not that shots hard not to to do……….
Why are you around those people ?

5 months ago '06        #34
jccd5.  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16592 16 K  Slaps total: 2029 2 K
 smokeytheblunt2 said 🔗

What do you medicate with?
+1   

5 months ago '06        #35
jccd5.  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16592 16 K  Slaps total: 2029 2 K
 Thisizdray said 🔗
Don’t use drugs. I’m okay with this. Let’s treat it like the crack epidemic and give the people decades and life in prison for using as well as selling
You're ok with this?

Your post and way of thinking is wrong in so many ways.

Give people decades in prison for using drugs, ala the crack era

You're an idiot.
+3   

5 months ago '20        #36
Zone6 
Props total: 3026 3 K  Slaps total: 1907 1 K
 smokeytheblunt2 said 🔗

now they’re doing the same sh1t with benzos as they’ve overprescribed them for years and are over correcting again
I thought those were still widely prescribed.
+1   

5 months ago '20        #37
Bighempin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 22455 22 K  Slaps total: 3208 3 K
I stick to dabs and weed. From my plug or a dispensary. I am educating my my 2 boys to this cuz their are the ones more susceptible to this chit.

5 months ago '14        #38
DavidAames  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35594 35 K  Slaps total: 1452 1 K
 smokeytheblunt2 said 🔗
so the doctors fu#ked up and gave every adult with slight pain 80’s and would give kids perc 5’s for bad headaches, then they overcorrected the problem they started which lead to heroin to which gave way to fent………

now they’re doing the same sh1t with benzos as they’ve overprescribed them for years and are over correcting again leading to an even more increased risk of running into fent on the street………

You make valid points…

5 months ago '11        #39
awww  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 90139 90 K  Slaps total: 59898 59 K
emoji
now when their people are affected its a wave or epidemic but aint say sh1t about the crack wave just let black folks be crack heads
+2   

5 months ago '17        #40
Shotty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 19094 19 K  Slaps total: 6947 6 K
 Peace7 said 🔗
At what point is the risk not worth the high?
You don’t seem to get addiction. That’s a Good thing too btw…but u don’t get it….and be thankful you don’t get it
+3   

5 months ago '10        #41
Bandito  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 54630 54 K  Slaps total: 8347 8 K
 smokeytheblunt2 said 🔗

This sh1t being going on longer than anyone been alive. Title of the thread is misleading. When people say "fourth wave" they are talking about opioids overall. Not just fentanyl.

The first wave is said to have started in the 90's. I have my own timeline of the different waves.

First wave: Opium in the early 20th century. Was considered safe. Look at all the health products that contained opium.

Second wave: Opium was found to not be safe and people switched to Heroin (considered safer than Opium). It started to become a problem from the 50s to the 90s. Still around but hard to find "pure" sh1t.

Third wave: Oxycontin and other prescription opioids in the 1990s and 2000s. Again. Considered safe until it became a problem.

Fourth wave: Where we are now with Fent.

I work in the social work field and Fent is already considered old news. It is considered somewhat controllable with safer use (don't use alone, use fent test strips and have Narcan on hand to reverse an overdose). That's where the education part is coming into play now. Kids are not smart about it even with all the info out there. A poll of high schoolers showed a majority of them think fentanyl is only as dangerous as smoking cigarettes.

What's scary is the next sh1t that's coming. Xylazine aka Tranq is making its way across the US. There is not a version of Narcan to help when someone ODs from that. There will be articles like this about it in a few years.

With stimulants, depressants and everything else in-between still around, people like to get high.

Even if it means sticking pyrethrin in their veins.

↪🔗
+4   

5 months ago '19        #42
Thisizdray 
Props total: 21525 21 K  Slaps total: 3510 3 K
 jccd5. said 🔗
You're ok with this?

Your post and way of thinking is wrong in so many ways.

Give people decades in prison for using drugs, ala the crack era

You're an idiot.
Yup it’s a “middle America” problem so let’s keep the same energy.

You are an overly sympathetic fool who wants to move off emotion

5 months ago '16        #43
smokeytheblunt2 
 Bandito said 🔗
This sh1t being going on longer than anyone been alive. Title of the thread is misleading. When people say "fourth wave" they are talking about opioids overall. Not just fentanyl.

The first wave is said to have started in the 90's. I have my own timeline of the different waves.

First wave: Opium in the early 20th century. Was considered safe. Look at all the health products that contained opium.

Second wave: Opium was found to not be safe and people switched to Heroin (considered safer than Opium). It started to become a problem from the 50s to the 90s. Still around but hard to find "pure" sh1t.

Third wave: Oxycontin and other prescription opioids in the 1990s and 2000s. Again. Considered safe until it became a problem.

Fourth wave: Where we are now with Fent.

I work in the social work field and Fent is already considered old news. It is considered somewhat controllable with safer use (don't use alone, use fent test strips and have Narcan on hand to reverse an overdose). That's where the education part is coming into play now. Kids are not smart about it even with all the info out there. A poll of high schoolers showed a majority of them think fentanyl is only as dangerous as smoking cigarettes.

What's scary is the next sh1t that's coming. Xylazine aka Tranq is making its way across the US. There is not a version of Narcan to help when someone ODs from that. There will be articles like this about it in a few years.

With stimulants, depressants and everything else in-between still around, people like to get high.

Even if it means sticking pyrethrin in their veins.

↪🔗
the opiate epidemic is as about as old the country itself………
+1   

5 months ago '16        #44
smokeytheblunt2 
 Yousabi#chtoo said 🔗
Why are you around those people ?
I ran into an old using buddy out of nowhere and got offered and my best friends Dad is dying of cancer, refusing to take his meds and has been really out of it and thought I still took pills……..

with the exception of my dudes Dad’s slip up outta confusion nobody close to me is cool with me being on opiates……..

and they’ve gone to some extreme lengths to make sure that even if I wanted to relapse nobody would serve me outta fear they’d find out……..

I’ve gotten into one of my zones before and lost it on them cuz I couldn’t find dope thanks to them…….
+1   

5 months ago '14        #45
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 204201 204 K  Slaps total: 47838 47 K
 Hardkore said 🔗
i saw "fentanyl" on my medical bill once and went

emoji

them doctors had me on percocets and fenty after my left ankle was split in two after a crazy car accident.

emoji
It ain't bad if it's dosage is controlled by a doctor

Kinda like doing adderal (meth)

The dosage that's given to you is in milligrams

Not grams
+2   

5 months ago '16        #46
smokeytheblunt2 
 Zone6 said 🔗
I thought those were still widely prescribed.
that’s the problem. They’ve been so widely prescribed it’s become a problem and unlike say dope where you have methadone and subs to help there’s not much they can do about dependency but send you to rehab which is happening left and right here(Ohio)……….

we’re way behind in a lot of things but we’re a couple years ahead of most of the country when it comes to drugs and the way sh1ts trending………
+2   

5 months ago '16        #47
smokeytheblunt2 
 jccd5. said 🔗
What do you medicate with?
I’m just clean from full on opiates……….

I’m prescribed tress, suboxone, was prescribed benzos most of my life, they never warned me about withdrawal so after a week of that i started right back on benzos like the doctor would prescribe. I’ve got adhd and sometimes take adderall, I still snort coke a few times a year and I still take acid and molly…….

I unapologetically love drugs and I’m always very careful to say that im clean from opiates………

I can’t say that I really get high minus when the coke, acid or molly is around…….

and I know that sounds like a lot of sh1t still but I used to be fu#king CRAZY(er)……..

Im the last recovering opioid addict another recovering opioid addict ever needs to meet………

Last edited by smokeytheblunt2; 09-22-2023 at 01:49 PM..
+2   

5 months ago '05        #48
freshtoodef 
Props total: 17597 17 K  Slaps total: 740 740
one of my classmates from hs just od’d and passed the other day it’s crazy out here

5 months ago '20        #49
GunRack 
Props total: 16435 16 K  Slaps total: 1409 1 K
Don't care. When black people were dying from the crack epidemic the narrative was 'broken homes', 'moral decay' and 'lock em up.

Keep that same energy. Start funding rural sheriff's departments to have jump out boys and CRASH units. Start doling out more for profit prison contracts and kicking in doors at trailer parks.

5 months ago '05        #50
nigelmes1 
Props total: 11213 11 K  Slaps total: 1626 1 K
Lost my childhood best friend to this. fu#kin Kensington man. fu#k fentanyl and anybody who sells it
+4   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+2718
Suki is a whole minstrel show at this point
135 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Feb 24 - On life support’: Hospital officials warn dozens of Alabama hospitals..
26 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
props+1712
logo Lou Williams how easy it is to Go Broke Post NBA Career
97 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
logo 🏀 Lakers UNDEFEATED (6-0) since BENCHING Prince for RUI 🇯&..
30 comments
1 day ago
@sports