This Is The Future Of Televisions: Samsung Is About To Drop A 75" MicroLED TV

most viewed right now
233 comments @sports

section   (1 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '07        #1
4611 page views
87 comments

Jago 1116 heat pts1116
space
space
space
$4,030 | Props total: 7455 7455
This Is The Future Of Televisions: Samsung Is About To Drop A 75" MicroLED TV

After launching an enormous MicroLED TV called The Wall at last year’s CES, Samsung has returned in 2019 with a smaller, 75-inch 4K TV that’s a far more practical fit for the living room. It uses the same MicroLED foundation as The Wall, combining “individual tiles of self-emissive MicroLEDs, featuring millions of inorganic red, green and blue microscopic LED chips that emit their own bright light to produce brilliant colors on screen.” There’s no backlight required, so MicroLED displays can be incredibly thin.

But the bigger appeal of MicroLED is picture quality that should rival or beat OLED without any of the pitfalls of using an organic compound
; that’s what the O in OLED stands for, after all. In theory, MicroLED should deliver perfect blacks (all of the microscopic LEDs can be turned off individually), best-in-class brightness, and an incredibly wide HDR color palette — without burn-in and hopefully with a significantly longer lifespan than OLED panels, since there’s no natural degradation to worry about.

Samsung isn’t yet sharing specific release details or pricing for the 75-inch MicroLED TV, but it’s certainly not going to come cheap. MicroLED displays are incredibly challenging to produce at scale, with each of the RGB sub-pixels having to be carefully placed — with a very tight measure of space (or “pitch”) between them. If one of them is bad, the whole display — or in this case a TV — is a bust.

A single MicroLED module at CES 2018. These modules can be combined to form screens of any size or aspect ratio.

Samsung believes MicroLED can be the display that’s customized to your life. Its modular nature — you can see the seams of each tile if you stand very close — allows for any size or aspect ratio. So far we’ve seen last year’s The Wall, this 75-inch 4K TV, and also a new, even more monstrous 219-inch version of The Wall to showcase its sheer expandability.
visit this link Samsung’s 75-inch MicroLED 4K TV is a huge step into the future - The Verge

Last edited by Jago; 01-07-2019 at 01:47 AM..
+14   

87 comments for "This Is The Future Of Televisions: Samsung Is About To Drop A 75" MicroLED TV"

2 weeks ago '04        #2
nitetrain8601 26 heat pts26
space
space
$16,272 | Props total: 7174 7174
How much?
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #3
Seymore Cake 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,266 | Props total: 10705 10705
Gonna run $4000-$5500
+17   

2 weeks ago '13        #4
818digi 
space
space
$2,199 | Props total: 1754 1754
I’ll wait a few years.... I just copped a Samsung 65” q9 OLED for a steal, so I ain’t in a hurry to upgrade anytime soon.
+20   

2 weeks ago '14        #5
breezeus313 
space
space
space
$457 | Props total: 924 924
I already got a 75inch qled
Told myself next is at least 85-100inch
I’m bout to retire this 2015 65inch for a oled tv for my bedroom
+8   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #6
Rule 336 82 heat pts82
space
space
$8,085 | Props total: 29729 29729
Sony tvs is all I rock with
+6   

2 weeks ago '17        #7
Faseforeal 
space
space
space
$83 | Props total: 649 649
 818digi said
I’ll wait a few years.... I just copped a Samsung 65” q9 OLED for a steal, so I ain’t in a hurry to upgrade anytime soon.

How much did it cost you?
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #8
stutteringrap 47 heat pts47
space
space
space
$5,024 | Props total: 5772 5772
yo when is 3d television without glasses coming out.
+6   

2 weeks ago '04        #9
MALIS 
space
space
space
$3,353 | Props total: 2583 2583
 818digi said

Q9’s are like the highest quality right now right? I think I was gonna get a q6 recently
+6   

2 weeks ago '08        #10
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,251 | Props total: 6404 6404
The exciting thing about MicroLED is that it is also an emissive display, but unlike OLED, it doesn’t rely on organic compounds to make light. In theory, MicroLED displays should offer perfect blacks, excellent color, and near-perfect off-angle viewing, just like OLED, but they should also be even brighter, very slim, immune to burn-in, and, in the long run, less expensive to make than OLED.

sign me up
+12   

2 weeks ago '18        #11
Mcbooger 
space
space
$272 | Props total: 381 381
 stutteringrap said
yo when is 3d television without glasses coming out.

Do gen z even watch tv? Future of tv is vr on the go. 3D dude? Cmon its 2019. This may be cool for rich folks but no one is gonna have these in every room.

Last edited by Mcbooger; 01-07-2019 at 07:26 AM..
+6   

2 weeks ago '05        #12
champ215 
space
space
$761 | Props total: 870 870
 Rule 336 said
NO no no you cant rock with my birds!
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #13
Proffesor X 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,521 | Props total: 9336 9336
 Seymore Cake said
Gonna run $4000-$5500

I'm sure its a nicer picture, but how much clearer do they think TV's are gonna get. There is just no need for this, especially at 5g's
+5   

2 weeks ago '07        #14
tre0624 108 heat pts108
space
space
$20,569 | Props total: 10902 10902
 seymore cake said
gonna run $4000-$5500
minimum!! i say around 9k
+4   

2 weeks ago '07        #15
tre0624 108 heat pts108
space
space
$20,569 | Props total: 10902 10902
 Rule 336 said
i only like Samsung and sony tv's but Sony tv's are made with samsung parts
+4   

2 weeks ago '14        #16
Prince Thizz 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,939 | Props total: 7205 7205
 818digi said
I grabbed the Q6 just because I needed something. With this TV upgrade program that samsung has, it might be worth checking out
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #17
Prince Thizz 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,939 | Props total: 7205 7205
 Proffesor X said

I'm sure its a nicer picture, but how much clearer do they think TV's are gonna get. There is just no need for this, especially at 5g's
8K might be the end all of consumer TVs.

You can’t sit any closer to your TV past 8K
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #18
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,459 | Props total: 18689 18689
 Proffesor X said

The price will reduce after time on the market. This tech is needed. It offers OLED picture quality without burn-in issues and has a much longer lifespan than OLED.
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #19
space
space
 Y.G. said
The price will reduce after time on the market. This tech is needed. It offers OLED picture quality without burn-in issues and has a much longer lifespan than OLED.
Its overkill. Sure it may improve some things, but its not like its breaking the mold, at this point is just the same cake with more expensive frosting......as will be all tech going forward TV's and Phones........at least in the form we currently having, now when holograms takeover then we can talk
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #20
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Proffesor X said
Its overkill. Sure it may improve some things, but its not like its breaking the mold, at this point is just the same cake with more expensive frosting......as will be all tech going forward TV's and Phones........at least in the form we currently having, now when holograms takeover then we can talk
It's not overkill. If you would rather spend money on a more expensive OLED that will die quicker and have burnt images, go ahead. The rest of the market will get MicroLED TVs that have none of those issues at a much cheaper cost.
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #21
space
space
 Y.G. said
It's not overkill. If you would rather spend money on a more expensive OLED that will die quicker and have burnt images, go ahead. The rest of the market will get MicroLED TVs that have none of those issues at a much cheaper cost.
Dude its not even that fu*king serious......I've had tv's in my house going on 6 years that still work just as good as the day I brought them........
+5   

2 weeks ago '05        #22
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Proffesor X said
Dude its not even that fu*king serious......I've had tv's in my house going on 6 years that still work just as good as the day I brought them........
Yeah, none of them are OLEDs. Your cheap LCD TVs don't have the same issues (nor the same excellent picture quality) as OLEDs.

Read up on the tech you're discussing before attempting a debate.

2 weeks ago '09        #23
wettems35 
space
space
space
$1,325 | Props total: 819 819
 Proffesor X said
Yea but there will always be videophiles. And someone above said how much clearer can it get? Not much. But that's why they're driving towards better black levels and more vivid colors. HDR is the big thing right now. At home you're perfectly fine with your TV, but I'm sure if you saw yours side by side with the new oleds you'd understand that the quality has really increased.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #24
space
space
 Y.G. said
Yeah, none of them are OLEDs. Your cheap LCD TVs don't have the same issues (nor the same excellent picture quality) as OLEDs.

Read up on the tech you're discussing before attempting a debate.
Its not about Tech nerd, its about necessity for most Americans. Those $6-800 they drop for a TV that still works perfectly fine gives a superior picture and for the most meets the needs matters. Only people excited about sh*t like this is you, nerd a.ss n*gga cuming in your pants just because its newer updated tech........but its not that much of a fu*king change from whats out there, A nicer picture, but its not going to be a game changer nor will it make that much of a difference in regards to actual resolution....
+5   

2 weeks ago '18        #25
space
space
 wettems35 said
Yea but there will always be videophiles. And someone above said how much clearer can it get? Not much. But that's why they're driving towards better black levels and more vivid colors. HDR is the big thing right now. At home you're perfectly fine with your TV, but I'm sure if you saw yours side by side with the new oleds you'd understand that the quality has really increased.
Well yeah, things are always going to improve, but dude go to any electronics store in America........all the TV resolutions look exactly the same......the only difference is people know its not the same........don't get me wrong with tech you get what you pay for, but any TV over 700 is going to be superb quality and the picture will be superior as well. Its like going to buy good loud that gets you high with 3 hits and you meet someone who says they get you higher in 2 for $600 dollars more then what you paid for yours........but yours still got you high as fu*k........
+6   

Home      

most viewed right now
+62online now  30
Proof That There Are Aliens In The Ocean
104 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  26
Jan 18 - Trump to make announcement on border protection and shutdown tomorrow..
169 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+149online now  24
Image(s) inside She Got Those A-Cup Tiddies But, That Petite Ass Is Stupendous!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-31online now  14
Drake Exposed For Sliding into A Transgender Women’s DMs
141 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  10
Video inside SouljaBoy is Caught Shoplifting a New Headband in NYC
62 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+58online now  9
NBA Shaq on Michael Jordan 'He F*cked Me Up After I HARD Fouled Him' January 2..
73 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+37online now  7
Soulja Boy Explains Why Cell Is His Favorite Dragon Ball Z Charachter
119 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-20online now  6
Jan 18 - Buzzfeed Reporter on CNN: No We Have Not Seen the Evidence for our Re..
300 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy