Nokia 9 Has 5 Cameras.

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 weeks ago '05        #1
428 page views
9 comments

Flatbush85 63 heat pts63
space
space
$15,293 | Props total: 4239 4239
Nokia 9 Has 5 Cameras.

Happy 2019! If we're going to already start picking out smartphone trends for the new year, "add lots and lots of cameras" is looking like a pretty good front-runner. Samsung is already on this path with devices like the Galaxy A9 and upcoming Galaxy S10, both of which have four cameras on the back, but now it looks like HMD's Nokia brand is going to one-up everyone with five rear cameras. Over the last weekend of 2018, both Evan Blass and MySmartPrice shared imagery for the upcoming "Nokia 9 Pureview," which promises to be the highest-end HMD Nokia phone to date.

The Nokia 9 first leaked in September, when the trypophobia-inducing camera array immediately turned heads. The rear camera setup features seven holes housing five cameras, with the extra two holes used for an LED flash and what looks to be a sensor cluster. For the first time, a video from MySmartPrice gives us an idea of what all of these cameras are actually supposed to do: it promises the phone will take "5 simultaneous shots," which will result in "10x more light captured" compared to a regular camera sensor. This sounds a lot like the computational photography work Google does with a single-lens Pixel camera, where it takes multiple shots in rapid succession and merges them all for better low-light shots. The multi-image idea is proven to work, but we'll have to see if extra physical lenses improve on it.

Further Reading
Android 9 Pie, thoroughly reviewed
The video also promises a "2K" 5.99-inch display, a Snapdragon 845 SoC, 6GB of RAM, 128GB of storage, an in-screen fingerprint reader, Qi wireless charging, and Android 9 Pie with two years of updates. We don't get to see the top and bottom of the device in the video, but previous renders have shown a USB-C port on the bottom and no headphone jack.

The rumors call this Nokia's "flagship" device, and while it would be the highest-end phone from the brand, it's hard to see this competing with the $800+ flagships out there from other companies. First, I'm not sure that front design is going to cut it, with sizable top and bottom bezels that seem dated in a world of tiny notches, camera holes, and slide-up, all-screen devices. Second, the video claims it's shipping with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, which is last year's high-end smartphone SoC. 2019 is all about the Snapdragon 855, and we've already had device announcements featuring the new chip.

Of course, like every Nokia product, the Nokia 9 will live and die by the price. It's not going to match up to the $800+ flagship phones out there, but it doesn't have to be priced at $800. HMD's Nokia phones have made a name for themselves in the Android world by tackling price points no one else is touching, offering excellent value for the price and shipping with stock Android. Hopefully the Nokia 9 follows this trend. There's no word on the launch date, but we have both CES and Mobile World Congress coming up.

visit this link https://arstechnica.com/g .. -rear-cameras/

+5   

9 comments for "Nokia 9 Has 5 Cameras."

3 weeks ago '10        #2
ClustyMolecules 137 heat pts137
space
space
$5,422 | Props total: 8836 8836
Damn...SUPER interested in seeing the camera in action. Speaking of, now that I have a capable phone again, I need to make a mobile photography thread for this year. Gotta get back on my ish!
+3   

3 weeks ago '05        #3
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,477 | Props total: 18715 18715
 ClustyMolecules said
Damn...SUPER interested in seeing the camera in action. Speaking of, now that I have a capable phone again, I need to make a mobile photography thread for this year. Gotta get back on my ish!
What you rockin now?

3 weeks ago '10        #4
ClustyMolecules 137 heat pts137
space
space
$5,422 | Props total: 8836 8836
 Y.G. said
What you rockin now?
s9...i had the s7 active for a few years and was on its last leg. I NEEDED to get far the f8ck from ATT after 20 years of just dealing with my service issues. Switched to TMobile and got the s9 with the deal. I wouldve loved to have gotten a note9 but said f8ck it and settled for this. Im loving it so far. Low light camera is pretty damn good. However i havnt had time to actually do any good shooting with it, just holiday pics of the kids and what not. Hopefully ill get the chance to get a few decent shots soon to start up a new thread
+3   

3 weeks ago '04        #5
Duntaz 69 heat pts69
space
space
$16,762 | Props total: 12989 12989
Phones bout to look like spiders
+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #6
RIPrjacks23 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,302 | Props total: 4884 4884
I hate that ugly back but I was a Nokia fanyboy till the last days! Do want! Especially since it ain't got that dumb notch
+1   

3 weeks ago '11        #7
DJ EM Double 34 heat pts34
space
space
$7,185 | Props total: 4439 4439
I fu*k with this design

when is it coming out?
+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #8
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$598 | Props total: 598 598
 ClustyMolecules said
s9...i had the s7 active for a few years and was on its last leg. I NEEDED to get far the f8ck from ATT after 20 years of just dealing with my service issues. Switched to TMobile and got the s9 with the deal. I wouldve loved to have gotten a note9 but said f8ck it and settled for this. Im loving it so far. Low light camera is pretty damn good. However i havnt had time to actually do any good shooting with it, just holiday pics of the kids and what not. Hopefully ill get the chance to get a few decent shots soon to start up a new thread
download the google camera port for it. i have the s9 also. let me know if you need any help with it. its a port so its not going to be stable 100% of the time but it is 100% better than the stock imo.

abcxyz said
google camera port with working hdr, hdr+, night sight, selfie and rear portrait mode for s9/s9+ snapdragon version.
the apk says for exynos but it does work. im using it. (oreo/december update)

apk:

thread:

settings:
change viewfinder in advanced/fix to YUV if you are on oreo
alt config to 8.1 for night sight
hdr+ advanced settings interface style is pixel 3, config is bsg config pixelplusNS hdr+, back camera and front camera are pixel 3

3 weeks ago '17        #9
JacobWatch 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,595 | Props total: 6367 6367
dam if it came with 10 cameras I would cop
+1   

3 weeks ago '07        #10
21 1624 heat pts1624
space
space
$63,649 | Props total: 70806 70806
 JacobWatch said
dam if it came with 10 cameras I would cop

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  20
Image(s) inside Killer Mike coming through with the “Blood Pop” & the “Crip-A-Cola”
136 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  20
New Apple iPhone Leak
43 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+190online now  15
NBA She came to the Lakers game on a mission
153 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+27online now  13
Image(s) inside PAWG Krissy Taylor
17 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  10
Video inside JA RULE COPPIN PLEAS to SAVE HIMSELF since FYRE FESTIVAL DOCUMENTARY is..
138 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+190online now  5
Image(s) inside White guy at a black barber shop problems....
151 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-270online now  3
Video inside 6 Reasons You’ve Been Drinking Water Wrong
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+25online now  2
NFL Man under fire for using Dr. Martin Luther King video to mock Saints fans