Tim Cook Admits Demand For The iPhone Is Declining

most viewed right now
+70  181
43 comments @wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 weeks ago '05        #51
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
$12,707 | Props total: 7839 7839
 Tiko377 said
I think all smartphone sales are declining. I wonder what is going to happen in 3-5 years
They're going to force consumers to upgrade their phones or else no further firmware updates.
+1   

3 weeks ago '17        #52
justin747 37 heat pts37
space
space
$8,932 | Props total: 43615 43615
 Sin said
My iPhone battery life is better

My iPhone is faster when it comes opening apps

I use chrome internet on both phones
Neither one of those is really true tho right? The iPhone really only has better battery life in standby. If you actually use it, the battery life is the same or worse than my P2XL

The iPhone isn't really faster opening apps cause non-apple apps don't run in the background. For example, if you start to download music for offline in Spotify, then you go to reply to a text, that music stops downloading until you reopen the app.

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything. I was just curious.

3 weeks ago '11        #53
Sin 1829 heat pts1829
space
space
$27,419 | Props total: 77783 77783
 justin747 said
Neither one of those is really true tho right? The iPhone really only has better battery life in standby. If you actually use it, the battery life is the same or worse than my P2XL

The iPhone isn't really faster opening apps cause non-apple apps don't run in the background. For example, if you start to download music for offline in Spotify, then you go to reply to a text, that music stops downloading until you reopen the app.

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything. I was just curious.
Nah my android battery definitely dies quicker than my iPhone even when I'm not using it

Certain games that I have on both phones don't operate as well on my android
+1   

3 weeks ago '17        #54
SPdaGOAT 15 heat pts15
space
space
$12,045 | Props total: 25587 25587
This entire decade Ive gone back and forth between ios and android. i appreciate ios for its simplicity and overall on average, Ive experienced less hangups with them.

With that said, Im dying to go back to android because of the freedom that their phones give me.

3 weeks ago '13        #55
Phenom354 
space
space
$10,433 | Props total: 8922 8922
Whatttttttt when the price increases the demand goes down..... Say it ain't so
+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #56
414mvp 
space
space
$1,606 | Props total: 2134 2134
 Naga Sadow said
And surprisingly iPhones are gonna unexpectedly start slowing down, acting extra buggy, and die at 50%with the next update.

[pic - click to view]

3 weeks ago '15        #57
414mvp 
space
space
$1,606 | Props total: 2134 2134
 darealvelle said
Lol you wrote that long a*s reply just for that Xbox ether lmao
Lol I got an xbox one x it’s fu*king great RDR2 in full HDR

[pic - click to view]

+2   

3 weeks ago '14        #58
angryostrich 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$460 | Props total: 1621 1621
I just want a modern day and age sidekick again

3 weeks ago '04        #59
spunkyXL 46 heat pts46
space
space
$2,373 | Props total: 3313 3313
Demand for phones in general are die'ing..not just iPhones. Most people are content with what they currently have. People will only upgrade if it's a game changer type feature on the next phone.
+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #60
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$597 | Props total: 598 598
 Sin said
My iPhone battery life is better

My iPhone is faster when it comes opening apps

I use chrome internet on both phones
guarantee its user error. im basing that off of your use of "chrome internet". i have the s9 and everyone knows im not a fan of it at all, but the battery life is well beyond my buddies xs max.

this also shows the note 9 absolutely sh*ts on it. and he even said he ran the test twice to see if it was a fluke and both times had the same result.

[video - click to view]

it definitely does open apps faster. the a12 is a monster. no denying that. but in real world use you would never notice a difference between the two. maybe taking a second or two longer on huge games and apps. what you would notice after some time is all the apps that need to keep being completely relaunched on the iphone where these androids with huge amounts of ram would still have them in the background.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by abcxyz; 01-03-2019 at 01:19 PM..

3 weeks ago '12        #61
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$13,069 | Props total: 15090 15090
The demand for smartphones are still collectively high. Its just that folks are leaning more towards the Chinese knockoffs instead lol. If you're willing to pay a $1500 for a phone, then..............................

Funny thing about these phones is the fact that in most cases you get the same rahashed phone, just a little quicker.
+1   

3 weeks ago '05        #62
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
$12,707 | Props total: 7839 7839
 daman729 said
The demand for smartphones are still collectively high. Its just that folks are leaning more towards the Chinese knockoffs instead lol. If you're willing to pay a $1500 for a phone, then..............................

Funny thing about these phones is the fact that in most cases you get the same rahashed phone, just a little quicker.
Some of these Chinese branded phones aren't knockoffs though and are legitimate competitors... Take Huawei, for example.
+2   

3 weeks ago '11        #63
Sin 1829 heat pts1829
space
space
 abcxyz said
guarantee its user error. im basing that off of your use of "chrome internet". i have the s9 and everyone knows im not a fan of it at all, but the battery life is well beyond my buddies xs max.

this also shows the note 9 absolutely sh*ts on it. and he even said he ran the test twice to see if it was a fluke and both times had the same result.

it definitely does open apps faster. the a12 is a monster. no denying that. but in real world use you would never notice a difference between the two. maybe taking a second or two longer on huge games and apps. what you would notice after some time is all the apps that need to keep being completely relaunched on the iphone where these androids with huge amounts of ram would still have them in the background.

when i go to dialysis and im using my phone for 3 straight hours my iphone usually gets down to 60-50% battery but if im on my android its 10% or dead by the end of the 3 hours

i play music, play games and watch videos

the slow app i don't think is the phone but more of the app because its really just one game app not all the or even majority apps

3 weeks ago '04        #64
nwo504 32 heat pts32
space
space
$14,519 | Props total: 11080 11080
no reason to upgrade or get an android with no apps that i like

3 weeks ago '18        #65
Therkiteckt 
space
space
space
$117 | Props total: 213 213
 mobchip said
These phones coming from South Korean and Chinese companies are doper and cheaper. I saw a huawei commercial the other day and it sold me on the phone.
For my Android I'm thinking one+ or the essential phone... Look them up

3 weeks ago '18        #66
Therkiteckt 
space
space
space
$117 | Props total: 213 213
 nwo504 said
no reason to upgrade or get an android with no apps that i like
Androids can do things iPhones can't... My Nexus had options I've never seen before. I tell anyone with one root it and get Xposed installer on it... It's amazing

3 weeks ago '15        #67
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$597 | Props total: 598 598
 Sin said
when i go to dialysis and im using my phone for 3 straight hours my iphone usually gets down to 60-50% battery but if im on my android its 10% or dead by the end of the 3 hours

i play music, play games and watch videos

the slow app i don't think is the phone but more of the app because its really just one game app not all the or even majority apps
i have a hard time believing you. the battery life between the s8 and 9 are not much different. i was on the phone for nearly 2 1/2 hours today with my dad while i was changing outlets and light switches in my house just bullsh*tting with him. i also used my phone for about an hour and 45 minutes prior to being on the phone and when i got off the call i was at 71% when i put it on a charger before work.

3 weeks ago '11        #68
Sin 1829 heat pts1829
space
space
 abcxyz said
i have a hard time believing you. the battery life between the s8 and 9 are not much different. i was on the phone for nearly 2 1/2 hours today with my dad while i was changing outlets and light switches in my house just bullsh*tting with him. i also used my phone for about an hour and 45 minutes prior to being on the phone and when i got off the call i was at 71% when i put it on a charger before work.
talking battery isn't bad at all

it may be me with apps in the background, it tells me all the time about apps running and i think i have the location thing on high and email every 10 or 15 check

3 weeks ago '04        #69
spicaly 
space
space
$253 | Props total: 51 51
Its almost safe to say phones have reached a plateau as far as performance/features go. If you've purchased a phone within the last few years there's not much reason to upgrade and drop close to a grand unless somethings wrong with your current phone.

3 weeks ago '11        #70
KingP1n 351 heat pts351
space
space
$8,282 | Props total: 4735 4735
Smartphones have plateaued...you cant be charging £1000 for an incremental upgrade.

I'm glad its declining, maybe we can get back to normality with the pricing or at least make a better value proposition.

I went from Android to iOS just over two years ago, don't regret it and unlikely to go back to Android. However I won't be paying £1000 for a phone regardless of the platform.
+2   

3 weeks ago '18        #71
UPSTATE NY RAP 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$264 | Props total: 483 483
 Proffesor X said
That is game fam...
Yeah bro most people don’t realize it
+1   

3 weeks ago '10        #72
ajayones 
space
space
space
$2,607 | Props total: 3850 3850
love my xs..after having a 6(no s)..

4k camera and fast loading times on my apps

wont have to upgrade for a long time ..worth the money for me

3 weeks ago '04        #73
Duntaz 69 heat pts69
space
space
$16,760 | Props total: 12984 12984
 yousabi*ch said
i still have my 6 plus im not buying a $1000 phone every year foh
Bruh I can buy a used motorcycle or scooter for 1k if they keep "adding features" phones gone be 1500-2000. How much sh*t do you really need in a phone them sh*ts have full fledged mini harddrives now you have a computer in your pocket. The phone cost the same as the laptop
+1   

3 weeks ago '11        #74
whouthinkitis 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,540 | Props total: 2510 2510
 pnoi89 said
They're going to force consumers to upgrade their phones or else no further firmware updates.
And ^^^ could be a possibility like seriously. I was just talking to a T-Mobile rep online because I was looking into buying a new phone. I found one for $250 which is not bad as expensive as phones are now.

I got to asking the lady how much would my monthly bill be...$76. I told her then she wouldn't be getting any of my money. I'm not gone buy a phone and then have a higher phone bill. fu*k that. Seems like I'll be holding on to my G4 for another 6 months or a year.

3 weeks ago '05        #75
Dun Language 4269 heat pts4269
space
space
$83,282 | Props total: 53297 53297
It's a trash phone and people are finally realizing it.
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  92
Image(s) inside Killer Mike coming through with the “Blood Pop” & the “Crip-A-Cola”
122 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  27
NFL Man under fire for using Dr. Martin Luther King video to mock Saints fans
39 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-261online now  23
Video inside 6 Reasons You’ve Been Drinking Water Wrong
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+16online now  15
Use entertainment mode on Galaxy phone
40 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+19online now  15
Article inside Dame Dash Uses Money From Lee Daniels Settlement To Pay Off $400K Deb..
83 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  15
Video inside HOH 2K Bye Felicia...
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+46online now  11
Image(s) inside lala liv