WALMART selling a Patek Philippe for $150k

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

4 months ago '12        #51
OldBusiness 178 heat pts178
space
space
$29,077 | Props total: 49693 49693
 Naga Sadow said
It depends. Watch companies like Patek Phillippe and Jaeger Coultre are very rare and and very complex. They appreciate in value and when you buy one second hand you always will pay more because you have to have a private meeting with the company in order for them to build you a watch. Even after that it could take years before you see that watch depending on the amount of complications.

In 98 I bought a Rolex Daytona for $18k. When I had the watch appraised a few years ba k it was valued at $32k.

Then some people like my dad bought a watch like a Rolex Submariner because they need a reliable diving watch. My dad used to be a professional diver for she'll fish when I was young and everyone bought them because they were built like tanks. They could survive the pressure under water and you could read the time which was crucial.

Some people just buy them just because they're expensive and have no appreciation for the engineering and craftsmanship that go into them. I told my wife I want one for our 25th anniversary so she has plenty of time to save up.
dope post

Learned some sh
+2   

4 months ago '16        #52
Knucklez 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$9,157 | Props total: 22212 22212
 Naga Sadow said
It depends. Watch companies like Patek Phillippe and Jaeger Coultre are very rare and and very complex. They appreciate in value and when you buy one second hand you always will pay more because you have to have a private meeting with the company in order for them to build you a watch. Even after that it could take years before you see that watch depending on the amount of complications.

In 98 I bought a Rolex Daytona for $18k. When I had the watch appraised a few years ba k it was valued at $32k.

Then some people like my dad bought a watch like a Rolex Submariner because they need a reliable diving watch. My dad used to be a professional diver for she'll fish when I was young and everyone bought them because they were built like tanks. They could survive the pressure under water and you could read the time which was crucial.

Some people just buy them just because they're expensive and have no appreciation for the engineering and craftsmanship that go into them. I told my wife I want one for our 25th anniversary so she has plenty of time to save up.
never knew you had to have a meeting to buy a new patek. Interesting

Last edited by Knucklez; 12-26-2018 at 07:47 PM..
+2   

4 months ago '15        #53
Hitek 
space
space
$405 | Props total: 795 795
 realgunta said
serious question

whats the hype with some guys and watches?

i know some guys are really into watches and collecting them, but i just never got it

is it a fashion statement thing? Or people really be into the movement of the hands? Or people just following trends?
Same reason some people are into cars.
+2   

4 months ago '04        #54
Duntaz 70 heat pts70
space
space
$17,233 | Props total: 13857 13857
 Knucklez said

4 months ago '16        #55
Knucklez 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Duntaz said
what you laughing at fam? im just going by what he said i never claimed to be a watch expert

4 months ago '16        #56
NEWYORKTlMES 54 heat pts54
space
space
$2,948 | Props total: 10483 10483
 Teknicks said
A high quality automatic watch is much harder to make than a smartphone.

It's the precision machining that makes the watches so expensive, also the fact that it's not mass produced. But anything more than a Roley is over priced.
The machines to make those watches been around for decades now ..donít let them fool u into believing they are still hard to make

4 months ago '04        #57
Duntaz 70 heat pts70
space
space
 Knucklez said
what you laughing at fam? im just going by what he said i never claimed to be a watch expert
I never heard of that before. I love watches but I'd stay in the 5k range. But I haven't spent over $500 on a watch. Orient has automatics for $100-$300. I appreaciate the mechanics from a far

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 months ago '16        #58
Lagos 189 heat pts189 OP
space
space
$8,121 | Props total: 13248 13248
 Naga Sadow said

4 months ago '04        #59
Duntaz 70 heat pts70
space
space
 Patek said

What's the problem?

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 months ago '16        #60
Lagos 189 heat pts189 OP
space
space
Hes nearlyn50 talking all that sht to me

4 months ago '16        #61
Knucklez 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Duntaz said
I never heard of that before. I love watches but I'd stay in the 5k range. But I haven't spent over $500 on a watch. Orient has automatics for $100-$300. I appreaciate the mechanics from a far
o ok i feel you. Thought you was makin fun of me... But yea that sh*t sound all types of crazy and high class..a meeting to buy a watch

4 months ago '16        #62
playboypaulie 
space
space
$557 | Props total: 1064 1064
 realgunta said
serious question

whats the hype with some guys and watches?

i know some guys are really into watches and collecting them, but i just never got it

is it a fashion statement thing? Or people really be into the movement of the hands? Or people just following trends?
some people buy the same shoe 42 times in 8 different colors

+2   

4 months ago '16        #63
playboypaulie 
space
space
$557 | Props total: 1064 1064
 Knucklez said
you donít. I donít know what homie talking bout. Was just in NYC Christmas Eve looking at some.
+2   

4 months ago '17        #64
Naga Sadow 32 heat pts32
space
space
$11,531 | Props total: 47621 47621
 Patek said
Hes nearlyn50 talking all that sht to me
Says the dude who talks to himself with multiple accounts about paying for trannies to peg him. I'm in my 30's you imbecile.

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 months ago '16        #65
Lagos 189 heat pts189 OP
space
space
You were in the 20s in the 90s

4 months ago '17        #66
Naga Sadow 32 heat pts32
space
space
 Knucklez said
Yeah it gets serious. I'm a huge fan of craftsmanship, engineering, and fine details. These watches amaze me not because of their price but because of all the fine details and engineering that goes into them.

[video - click to view]

4 months ago '17        #67
Naga Sadow 32 heat pts32
space
space
 Patek said
You were in the 20s in the 90s
And you're retarded to this day. I was 15/16 in 98.

At least I don't have a sister who looks like she skipped puberty and went straight into menopause. She am 11 year old boys figure with the face of someone in their mid 40's. Your sister is a mud duck and your mom is a swamp donkey.

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 months ago '16        #68
Lagos 189 heat pts189 OP
space
space
Same goes for justin747

Hang it up... Old a*s n*ggas with no lives

4 months ago '17        #69
Naga Sadow 32 heat pts32
space
space
 OldBusiness said
dope post

Learned some sh
I'm a huge fan of complicated watches. Yeah I know it's something to say I own an expensive watch but I hate people that dont care about the craftsmanship, engineering, and art that goes into these watches. And every time I see a watch ruined with diamonds all over them I just want to beat it with a hammer. I'm just fascinated with how they make their watches.

This might be boring to most but I love watching these videos.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

4 months ago '17        #70
Naga Sadow 32 heat pts32
space
space
 Patek said
Same goes for justin747

Hang it up... Old a*s n*ggas with no lives
White dude with multiple personality disorder, please stop using that word. Why don't you go @ your many other accounts Porc.

[pic - click to view]

4 months ago '17        #71
ninesix703 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$128 | Props total: 587 587
 Naga Sadow said
Yeah it gets serious. I'm a huge fan of craftsmanship, engineering, and fine details. These watches amaze me not because of their price but because of all the fine details and engineering that goes into them.

Grand Complication watches (Skymoons, Minute Repeaters) require the approval process not the other Pateks which can be bought from AD's like any other watch.
+1   

4 months ago '17        #72
Naga Sadow 32 heat pts32
space
space
 ninesix703 said
Grand Complication watches (Skymoons, Minute Repeaters) require the approval process not the other Pateks which can be bought from AD's like any other watch.
You're correct. My dream watch is a reference 1518.

[pic - click to view]

It's just such a classy and timeless design that's built so intricately. I really don't care for the Nautilus. I just don't really care for the design and i hate Square watches.

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 months ago '16        #73
Lagos 189 heat pts189 OP
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
And you're retarded to this day. I was 15/16 in 98.

At least I don't have a sister who looks like she skipped puberty and went straight into menopause. She am 11 year old boys figure with the face of someone in their mid 40's. Your sister is a mud duck and your mom is a swamp donkey.

U bought an $18k watch at 14 years old?

Lay off the rocks

Last edited by Lagos; 12-26-2018 at 09:29 PM..

4 months ago '04        #74
Defjm 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,524 | Props total: 717 717
When I first started hearing bout these watches i thought they were saying protect phillipe smh
+2   

4 months ago '13        #75
Murker99 89 heat pts89
space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 4612 4612
"Patek Philippe the plain one that's too much sauce"

+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  41
Are you genius enough to solve Einsteins riddle without cheating?
42 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  24
Apr 16 - positive drug tests hit a 14 year high
93 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+18online now  17
Image(s) inside T.I. Says He Gonna End Kodak Blackís Career Like He Did To Lil Flip
235 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+22online now  15
NBA People Are Telling Ty Lue & Monty William's To Stay Away From Lakers Coach..
86 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy