What is "Brain Hacking"? Tech insiders on why you should care

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 4 months ago '10        #26
Shhon 1232 heat pts1232 OP
space
space
$21,881 | Props total: 32395 32395
 Losantana16x3 said

[spoiler - click to view]

4 months ago '05        #27
Stupendamatic 127 heat pts127
space
space
$19,489 | Props total: 5888 5888
It's not just tech companies, it's advertisement agencies developing ads aimed at triggering your emotions, news channels nowadays looking to get an emotional reaction from their viewers instead of delivering the news, food companies working with scientist to figure out what combination and ratio of ingredients that will hook the consumer the most. That whole Lays I bet you can't eat just one ad has actual science behind it because they figured out the right ratio fats/carbs etc to activate the brain's reward system.
+2   

4 months ago '07        #28
biged79 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,116 | Props total: 965 965
 HollywoodEsco said
Man Iím trying to do that now. Itís not hard but it is at the same time. You just stopped abruptly or gradually?
To be honest it was gradual over the years. However: this last year i only used it for work my music business but i just cut it all off one day. I get all the world/pop culture info i need from here. If this site ever goes down I'll be screwed lmao

Once my business is back up will hop back on but for that reason only.

I get what you mean though.
+4   

4 months ago '15        #29
HollywoodEsco 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,543 | Props total: 2581 2581
 biged79 said
To be honest it was gradual over the years. However: this last year i only used it for work my music business but i just cut it all off one day. I get all the world/pop culture info i need from here. If this site ever goes down I'll be screwed lmao

Once my business is back up will hop back on but for that reason only.

I get what you mean though.
Thatís really what I used ig for. I just deleted it all last night except Snapchat. Thatís more for communication. Iíll be doing the same thing as you lmao
+1   

4 months ago '18        #30
Dnyce215 
space
space
space
$275 | Props total: 800 800
Going to check it out later
+2   

4 months ago '10        #31
Shhon 1232 heat pts1232 OP
space
space
$21,881 | Props total: 32395 32395
 Stupendamatic said
It's not just tech companies, it's advertisement agencies developing ads aimed at triggering your emotions, news channels nowadays looking to get an emotional reaction from their viewers instead of delivering the news, food companies working with scientist to figure out what combination and ratio of ingredients that will hook the consumer the most. That whole Lays I bet you can't eat just one ad has actual science behind it because they figured out the right ratio fats/carbs etc to activate the brain's reward system.
yeah targeted advertising gets creepy if you watch TV and pay attention to what youre talking about, and then what pops up on the commericals on TV

i dont have tv for that reason, just a laptop here

im too busy for tv

Last edited by Shhon; 12-10-2018 at 10:08 AM..
+1   

4 months ago '18        #32
niruggg 48 heat pts48
space
space
$6,786 | Props total: 19030 19030
 tdnupe3 said
Anyone that's been keeping their ear to the ground and up on tech for the last few years should have known this for quite some time. I'm glad they are making the information more mainstream now.

I remember a guest on bill meher's show last year talking in depth about this. I wish he would have had more time on there.

Dope post OP.
this is known, I hate motherfu*kers crossing the street while texting, bout to get a train horn installed in my truck for they a*s
+2   

4 months ago '13        #33
wallace45 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,504 | Props total: 4482 4482
I been off social media for a year+ now and I don't even really take my phone out with me sometimes unless it's a emergency... Some ppl hate it when they call or text and I don't pick up but I like not having to worry about it only negative is not being able to keep in touch with some friends who might not have my #
+2   

4 months ago '04        #34
regularjoe 62 heat pts62
space
space
$39,345 | Props total: 18847 18847
I only have Facebook and Twitter (but only for professional use on Twitter), and I go on Facebook about twice a week. Social media is wild corny to me, but I could see why kids like it.

My 2 year old has an iPad, and sometimes I wonder if letting him have one was a bad idea. Just because when we take it away at night, or nap time, or just times where we feel it's been too much -- he's not a fan of it. But that's how a lot of us were with TV, CD players, books, toys, friends, etc. So is it the medium? The structure? There's a lot to factor it.
+6   

4 months ago '17        #35
DaQCKing 39 heat pts39
space
space
$6,918 | Props total: 28456 28456
 realgunta said
will watch later

EDIT***: just watched the vid. Yup, sh*ts crazy

i deleted all my social media accounts about 4 years ago. I went through my FB and manually untagged, removed and deleted myself from EVERYTHING.
There are browser extensions that can do that automatically for you nowadays though.

Many social media companies actually make it pretty complicated to delete ones account. Most ppl wont be able to figure it out, which is obviously done on purpose by these companies to discourage you from doing it.

If You're Not Paying for It; You're the Product
Only social media site I use is this and FB. FB is only to keep up with my military friends. I dont really use it much but glad I have it as over the years I've had quite a few buddies that passed and i would have never known.
+3   

4 months ago '13        #36
PCDubya 
space
space
space
$890 | Props total: 2034 2034
I have never used social media, but Im watching cartoons with my son the other day. On the baby first channel, they have a show about a kid whos best friend is a fu*king ipad. When he needs a question answered, he asks his ipad friend.

sh*t bugged me out that this show is marketed towards children. Its not promoting friendship, reading or teamwork. Its promoting friendship to an ipad and when you have a question... Dont ask your parents. Ask the ipad.
+5   

4 months ago '06        #37
realgunta 895 heat pts895
space
space
$27,378 | Props total: 50524 50524
 PCDubya said
I have never used social media, but Im watching cartoons with my son the other day. On the baby first channel, they have a show about a kid whos best friend is a fu*king ipad. When he needs a question answered, he asks his ipad friend.

sh*t bugged me out that this show is marketed towards children. Its not promoting friendship, reading or teamwork. Its promoting friendship to an ipad and when you have a question... Dont ask your parents. Ask the ipad.
^^damn crazy times
+1   

3 months ago '06        #38
thekidd 52 heat pts52
space
space
space
$1,608 | Props total: 1291 1291
With the massive data collection going on this is a no brainer. Get a VPN you can buy with bitcoin, use open source and be extra careful what you do on social networking apps including YouTube.

3 months ago '06        #39
thekidd 52 heat pts52
space
space
space
$1,608 | Props total: 1291 1291
Also use prepaid cards for negligible purchases so you can avoid extra charges and fees

3 months ago '18        #40
dacoolestg 
space
space
$534 | Props total: 1066 1066
 thekidd said
With the massive data collection going on this is a no brainer. Get a VPN you can buy with bitcoin, use open source and be extra careful what you do on social networking apps including YouTube.
deff need to get hip to this smh

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
online now  49
Are you genius enough to solve Einsteins riddle without cheating?
44 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  24
Apr 16 - positive drug tests hit a 14 year high
93 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+18online now  16
Image(s) inside T.I. Says He Gonna End Kodak Blackís Career Like He Did To Lil Flip
235 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+22online now  15
NBA People Are Telling Ty Lue & Monty William's To Stay Away From Lakers Coach..
86 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy