How to stop Windows 10 sharing your data

most viewed right now
+21  52
40 comments @wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 month ago '15        #1
603 page views
9 comments

BuyGold 2857 heat pts2857
space
space
$9,181 | Props total: 44790 44790
How to stop Windows 10 sharing your data

Earlier this week we reported on how Windows 10 could be sharing your activity data even if you had told it not to.

In response Microsoft has released a statement from Marisa Rogers, privacy officer at its Windows and Devices Group.

Microsoft is committed to customer privacy, being transparent about the data we collect and use for your benefit, and we give you controls to manage your data. In this case, the same term 'Activity History' is used in both Windows 10 and the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard. Windows 10 Activity History data is only a subset of the data displayed in the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard. We are working to address this naming issue in a future update.

This confirms How-To Geek's suspicion that the settings are in fact misleadingly labelled.

Microsoft has also issued instructions for users who want to prevent Windows 10 from sharing activity data.

If a customer wants to prevent their Windows 10 device from sending apps and service Activity History to Microsoft they need to use the following two Windows Settings configurations:

1. Under Settings >Privacy >Activity history: ensure the setting 'Let Windows sync my activities from this PC to the cloud' is not checked.

2. Under Settings >Privacy >Diagnostics & feedback: ensure Diagnostic data is set to Basic

More information on Microsoft's feedback and data collection policy can be found visit this link here.
visit this link https://betanews.com/2018 .. -sharing-data/
+3   

9 comments for "How to stop Windows 10 sharing your data"

1 month ago '05        #2
BurninLz 35 heat pts35
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 3580 3580
If you really think Microsoft, Google, Facebook, etc.'s built in privacy settings prevent your data from being shared I have a bridge in the Sahara Desert to sell you
+11   

1 month ago '06        #3
hurrikane5 
space
space
$214 | Props total: 45 45
 BurninLz said
If you really think Microsoft, Google, Facebook, etc.'s built in privacy settings prevent your data from being shared I have a bridge in the Sahara Desert to sell you
i meant to prop!
+3   

1 month ago '09        #4
messy marv stan 5120 heat pts5120
space
space
$68,874 | Props total: 110197 110197
 BurninLz said

hurrikane5 said
i meant to prop!

download destroy windows spying and run the program

nobody wants all that built in bloatware like 3d builder or app connector

1 month ago '12        #5
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$13,046 | Props total: 14994 14994
Like bruh basically said in the first comment. Privacy settings in windows are basically bluffs to give you a false sense of security. They can literally run all kinds of crap in the background and you'd never know it. lol And they wonder why alot of people are migrating to Linux. Its just like with their updates. They have an override that restarts automatic updates no matter how many times you disable. Even in the registry editor.The last solid version of windows os was Windows 7.
+4   

4 weeks ago '18        #6
BrooklynDamien 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,915 | Props total: 7878 7878
Stop it from sharing your data by not using it...nagga...

3 weeks ago '06        #7
illathruz 77 heat pts77
space
space
$7,472 | Props total: 6535 6535
Linux FTW
+1   

3 weeks ago '09        #8
Baynut 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,518 | Props total: 3985 3985
W10 privacy and ShutUp10.

2 weeks ago '06        #9
thekidd 52 heat pts52
space
space
space
$1,605 | Props total: 1287 1287
Ubuntu 18.10 is currently my primary. Windows for music, video and photoshop only.

2 weeks ago '06        #10
thekidd 52 heat pts52
space
space
space
$1,605 | Props total: 1287 1287
Nothing easier than pressing the update button on Linux and every single installed application updates in the background along with the OS. Dependencies are easily installed and managed by apt get auto remove. Once you get over your fear of the command line (terminal/bash) Linux is plush
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+27online now  20
Image(s) inside Crazy conspiracy theory involving our POTUS
131 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside 1839 World Fair... Our history is a lie
45 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+52online now  10
Image(s) inside Indian 🍑 ARIANA SAYANI
64 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+32online now  10
Image(s) inside "I Seen 2pac Pull Up To The Club w/ Faith Evans, he & Treach Both Smas..
77 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  8
Video inside New Youtube dark comedy Wayne is insane
35 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+107online now  8
Image(s) inside She’s 5’1” With A 40 inch Ass. But How Deep Is The pus-y?
71 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  7
Video inside FYRE FESTIVAL A.K.A. Hulu vs Netflix
48 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  5
Video inside Mary J Blige: Aaliyah was MURDERED & I was NEXT