Jun 5 - Howard Schultz Ex starbucks CEO could run for president as independent

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

12 months ago '11        #1
523 page views
25 comments

Sin 2058 heat pts2058
space
space
$30,624 | Props total: 91871 91871
Jun 5 - Howard Schultz Ex starbucks CEO could run for president as independent

Speculation over a possible presidential bid by Howard Schultz was abundant Tuesday, a day after Schultz announced he was stepping down as executive chairman of Starbucks.

For Republican strategist Sara f*gen, a run as an independent candidate may make sense for the 64-year-old, who is fiscally conservative yet socially is more of a liberal.

"The country is ripe for an independent candidacy," said f*gen, who was a senior aide to President George W. Bush.

That said, it is extremely hard to run as an independent and no one has ever been successful. Ross Perot came the closest in 1992, garnering about 19 percent of the popular vote.

Fagen believes Schultz may have a few things in his favor.

"It is difficult to get on the ballot based on the way our state laws are designed. However with somebody with that kind of brand power and name and wealth, it's certainly possible," she said on "Power Lunch."

What's more people registering as independents is on the rise and has hit a 70-year high, noted f*gen, who is a CNBC contributor.

Schultz has taken a more active role in politics in recent years. However, in an exclusive interview with CNBC earlier Tuesday, he declined to specifically talk about whether he would challenge President Donald Trump in the 2020 election.

"There's a lot of things I can do as a private citizen other than run for the presidency of the United States," Schultz said. "Let's just see what happens."

However, he still opined on a number of political issues and revisited his criticism of Trump.

"I think the issues that we are facing in terms of the dysfunction and polarization that exists within the government is really based on a systematic problem of ideology and I think we need a very different view of how the government and how the country should be run," Schultz told CNBC.

He also took a few shots at Democrats, saying many leaders in the party were veering too far left.

Schultz served two stints as CEO of Starbucks and will step down as executive chairman on June 26. He'll then become chairman emeritus

visit this link https://www.cnbc.com/2018 .. ara-fagen.html
+3   

25 comments for "Jun 5 - Howard Schultz Ex starbucks CEO could run for president as independent"

12 months ago '18        #2
DUCEDUCE 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,665 | Props total: 11400 11400
Ross Perot part 2. I dont think an independent can win. This government is based on a two party system, and this presidency has really highlighted how much people are willing to put party over country.
+1   

12 months ago '11        #3
Sin 2058 heat pts2058 OP
space
space
 DUCEDUCE said
Ross Perot part 2. I dont think an independent can win. This government is based on a two party system, and this presidency has really highlighted how much people are willing to put party over country.
nobody thought a non politician in Trump could win it all
+1   

12 months ago '16        #4
OWPE 102 heat pts102
space
space
$6,155 | Props total: 15497 15497
I say bring it on. He's got no shot winning.
+1   

12 months ago '18        #5
DUCEDUCE 11 heat pts11
space
space
 Sin said
nobody thought a non politician in Trump could win it all
Non politician is different. Trump has the full backing of the republican party. If you look around there is only tribal politics. There is no more meeting halfway its a winner take all mentality, independents are not numerous enough to overtake that.

12 months ago '11        #6
Sin 2058 heat pts2058 OP
space
space
 DUCEDUCE said
Non politician is different. Trump has the full backing of the republican party. If you look around there is only tribal politics. There is no more meeting halfway its a winner take all mentality, independents are not numerous enough to overtake that.
bernie sanders is an independent and has a huge backing, he changed to democrat for funding for the DNC but that may not be a problem for schultz

12 months ago '18        #7
DUCEDUCE 11 heat pts11
space
space
 Sin said
bernie sanders is an independent and has a huge backing, he changed to democrat for funding for the DNC but that may not be a problem for schultz
I dont know he has unlimited money, but Hillary wasted more then Trump and how did that end up? Hes not qualified and I think the only type of candidate that can beat Trump is someone like Bernie. Hopefully Bernie runs, with a progressive VP and we can get some changes in this country.

12 months ago '11        #8
Sin 2058 heat pts2058 OP
space
space
 DUCEDUCE said
I dont know he has unlimited money, but Hillary wasted more then Trump and how did that end up? Hes not qualified and I think the only type of candidate that can beat Trump is someone like Bernie. Hopefully Bernie runs, with a progressive VP and we can get some changes in this country.
what if schultz had bernie as a running mate or vice versa

schultz 2.8 billion could be a game changer for bernie

12 months ago '18        #9
DUCEDUCE 11 heat pts11
space
space
 Sin said
what if schultz had bernie as a running mate or vice versa

schultz 2.8 billion could be a game changer for bernie
It wont work, a lot of independents will not be happy with Schultz, thats the problem with Dems and Independents they dont have that blind loyalty.

Top 10 most slapped recently  12 months ago '07        #10
No Notoriety 130 heat pts130
space
space
$7,940 | Props total: 14081 14081
I was thinking he was forced out because of that incident last month. And how they closed the store for ethics training, which did nothing.
+2   

12 months ago '11        #11
Sin 2058 heat pts2058 OP
space
space
 DUCEDUCE said
It wont work, a lot of independents will not be happy with Schultz, thats the problem with Dems and Independents they dont have that blind loyalty.
we'll see

12 months ago '18        #12
DUCEDUCE 11 heat pts11
space
space
 Sin said
we'll see
I just dont trust billionaires to follow the will of the people.
+1   

12 months ago '08        #13
tdnupe3 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,448 | Props total: 29800 29800
Anyone running as an independent is only doing so to help the GOP. Democratic voters are more likely to vote for an independent that current republicans.

If you support trump at this point, then there isn't much that's going to change that. Democrats on the other hand will take their ball and go home if the person they favor the most doesn't win their primary.

Bernie supporters can get mad and call me all the names they want, but they are a big reason that these cucks control all branches of govt right now. They stayed home instead of voting in the general.
+1   

12 months ago '12        #14
OldBusiness 179 heat pts179
space
space
$29,617 | Props total: 51873 51873
@ I read an article yesterday that said he would run dem

Either way nah

12 months ago '11        #15
Sin 2058 heat pts2058 OP
space
space
 OldBusiness said
@ I read an article yesterday that said he would run dem

Either way nah
i can see why the dems would want him

3 months ago '13        #16
North!!! 450 heat pts450
space
space
$61,369 | Props total: 54342 54342
Bezos might as well run

Based bezos the real leader of the free world no cap

Shouts out to him for coming out to queens

Finna drive the market up

3 months ago '17        #17
Fortune 185 heat pts185
space
space
$7,849 | Props total: 42257 42257
I'm willing to give him an ear to see what he talking bout

3 months ago '19        #18
Gold Face 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,725 | Props total: 8570 8570
Charging n*ggas 8 dollars for a cup of coffee

I like his style
+1   

3 months ago '17        #19
Katagatame 1 heat pts
space
space
$318 | Props total: 453 453
This man is delusional if he believes that people will actually vote for him (especially left leaning folks/Democrats)

During the time period of the greatest wealth disparity in US history this Billionaire kicks of his campaign by complaining about raising taxes on the richest Americans and says Universal Healthcare is unaffordable.

Please run Howard and waste your money.

3 months ago '11        #20
nfo187 50 heat pts50
space
space
$937 | Props total: 2555 2555
 DUCEDUCE said
I agree bro...but they said we would never have a black president, we got obama... and especially after someone like trump being in there, i believe anything is possible

3 months ago '17        #21
THExTAKEOVER 
space
space
space
$344 | Props total: 1369 1369
 No Notoriety said
I was thinking he was forced out because of that incident last month. And how they closed the store for ethics training, which did nothing.
This is the only comment that matters. After the whole Starbucks hates black folks thing I thought that would be #1 of why people wouldn't vote for him.

3 months ago '08        #22
tdnupe3 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,448 | Props total: 29800 29800
 theeraofnothing said
Because people are fed up with both political parties period, if staying home is the opinion then better off.
Staying home is a Republican vote. Believe that. They WANT you to be fed up and stay home. That's the only way they have to win.

Home      

most viewed right now
-55online now  31
Is dude gay for dating a transgender?
182 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+73online now  27
Image(s) inside Leonardo DiCaprio doesn’t date women over 25. Past their prime Feminis..
252 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+81online now  25
Mike Epps Thick Chocolate Sexy Daughter Bria
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  10
Image(s) inside Mitchell & Ness 30% Off Everything weekend Sale !!!!
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy