nigs 
space
space
space
Props total: 5041 5 K  Slaps total: 264 264
A look at Tilt-five/CastAR-revisited 2019

visit this link https://www.kickstarter.c .. rm=tilt%20five

US$ 299

Can I use Tilt Five for non-gaming applications?

Yes. We think there are plenty of great uses for our system outside of gaming, and we encourage interested parties to try out their ideas with the glasses after launch. However, as a company, our initial focus is on bringing amazing tabletop games to life for players with Tilt Five.
As a Developer, what game engines can I use to build Tilt Five applications with?

Our SDK exposes C APIs for native code on all supported host platforms. As well, we provide plug-ins for developers using Unity 5.5+ or Unreal Engine 4 to create games.
What host platforms do you support?

Initially, we will support Windows 10 and select Android devices and we will continue to add new platforms after the consumer launch.

How can I get another pair of glasses added to my pledge?

Just add the amount of the glasses kit you want to add to your existing pledge level. BackerKit will sort everything out during the survey process. So if you want to add a singles kit to a group pack, just add $299 or $359 ($339 early bird) to your group pack pledge.

How do I get extra game boards?

You'll be able to purchase extra game boards from BackerKit, as an add-on. We'll get pricing details posted soon.

Is there an Interpupillary Distance (IPD) adjustment in the glasses, or is this even needed?

IPD is not an issue for our system due to the way the glasses are designed. The light travels to the game board, which is a long distance compared to other AR/VR systems that have displays close to your eyes. Systems that have displays close to your eyes suffer from high distortion and angular error, depending on your eye position, which is why many of them need to have IPD adjustments incorporated into their designs. Our system has virtually no distortion across the entire lens and almost no angular error, therefore no IPD adjustment is needed.

found this back in 2013, i thought the company had died out but was surprised they made news. What makes this interesting is the developer sells this board which is the virtual window all it pretty much is, is censors under 3d movie theater reflective materials. But they found they can build entire worlds threw the reflections.

They can basically coat a entire room in this material and make it into a world as well.
(alot of people are calling it the real life holodeck)

the creators worked at valve, when they discovered this tech valve didnt want to support it, so they took a chance and packed up and moved forward with their discovery.

visit this link https://www.kickstarter.c .. rm=tilt%20five

Last edited by nigs; 09-30-2019 at 01:44 AM..
+1   

best
worst
9 comments