View Single Post
 2 months ago '16        #12
Frankie Needles  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 24659 24 K  Slaps total: 7103 7 K
 NoLedge18720 said
What humanitarian things do you speak of? I know plenty of things the church thinks they do for people but not sure what they really do to better their community. They might come together and do things for other church members but when they go out in public it's primarily to push their beliefs on others and convert them. My cousin did the whole mission work and all he did was go to China, act like a college kid eventhough they weren't, convert kids over there and then abandon them once they convert. Meanwhile the kid is now in a country that will disown you for having other beliefs and is now on their own Maybe I'll give you Habitat for Humanity or other programs like that but that's it. Even they are big on the religious side of it though.
Let's see humanitarian things the church has done or is doing
*The Underground rail road
*Leading the Civil Rights movement
*Go look at 90% of homeless shelters, soup kitchens, homeless outreach and you'll see a church connected
*60% of HBCUs were founded by or have a direct connection to the Christian Churches

but I guess none of that counts does it ? yeah MLK was a REVEREND, Medgar Evers was a DEACON, Rosa Parks wasn't a deaconess at her church, a church that served as the meeting location that they planned the Montgomery Bus Boycott

But you're right, the Church has never done anything for humanity