View Single Post
 09-26-2005, 06:06 AM         #838
BigBadBillDemot 
Props total:    Slaps total:  
More on Suge.
In 2001, Suge Knight was released from prison and tried to re-start his label by signing new artists such as Crooked I, Tha Realist, Eastwood, and, under the pseudonym "N.I.N.A.", the late Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes of TLC, before her untimely death in a car accident in 2002.
Knight announced death Row Records would join with other labels to produce a Christmas hip-hop album to benefit families of soldiers serving in Iraq.
Suge is currently planning his autobiography "American Dream/American Nightmare" to be released this holiday season. He has hinted that he will describe his experiences as a bodyguard and rap impresario and relate stories about John F. Kennedy, Jr., Jennifer Lopez, and the "scoop" on Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre, as well as his first public statement about the deaths of Tupac and Biggie. Suge has also planned a movie to tell the "real story" of death Row.
Throughout his career in the music business, Suge has been both entrepreneurial and charitable. He insisted on owning master recordings, for instance. He also oversaw non-musical businesses that had ties to the gangsta rap way of life, notably the custom auto-hydraulics shop Let Me Ride, named for Dr. Dre's Chronic ode to cruising. At the same time, Suge embarked on ambitious programs--some not realized--ranging from entertaining single mothers on Mother's Day to caring for soul singers left poor after their careers were finished.