View Single Post
 6 years ago '10        #131
BasedonMars  OP
Props total: 601 601  Slaps total: 55 55
“The story you are about to hear (read) is true.” I love that line, but seriously, this is a true story that happened to me when I was about 16 years old.

I was staying the night at a friend’s house located in town. His parents were out of town and he and I had the whole place to ourselves. Now, he told me in the past that he thought his house was haunted, but as a 16 year old kid, I basically blew it off. At that time in my life, I didn’t really have any ghostly experiences up until that day. It’s not that I didn’t believe him, but as a 16 year old…I had other things on my mind…like…girls.

Anyway, it was the weekend and I stayed Saturday night. He set me up in his parent’s bedroom to sleep. They had a waterbed…yeah, this was around 1987, so his parents had one of those giant wavy waterbeds. I slept just fine Saturday night with no incidents. That is, until Sunday morning.

Sunday morning came and the sun was already up. I opened my eyes and stretched out my arms. I laid there for a few minutes to collect my thoughts and wondered what I was going to eat for breakfast. As I did, I felt the waterbed move. I didn’t think much of it until the water in the mattress began to move again. At first I thought that perhaps my friend’s cat had jumped up on the bed to greet me a good morning. I lifted my head off of the pillow, looked around my top covers, but found no cat. I laid my head back down and shrugged my shoulders. And then the bed moved again.

I lifted my head off of the pillow again and looked around. There was no cat and no one around. By this time my memory flashed back to when my friend told me his house was possibly haunted. A wave of fear rushed over my entire body and I started to tense up.

As I reached to pull the blanket off of my body I looked down towards my feet. There, on the side of the waterbed I saw the imprint of a person sit down on the mattress. I saw a portion of the mattress sink down about five inches in the perfect shape of someone’s behind. The imprint caused the water in the mattress to move. I could feel the wave go underneath me.

“JEFF!!!!” I screamed as loud as I could for my friend. “JEFF!!” again and again. I was so freaked out. I wanted to jump out of the bed, but didn’t. I wanted to toss the blanket over my head, but I didn’t. I just sat there yelling for my friend to come into the room.

As I heard Jeff’s staggered footsteps enter the room, the imprint vanished. As if the someone or something got up off of the bed right as Jeff entered the room. I was shocked and in disbelief. I was stammering trying to tell my friend what I had just experienced. I was flailing my hands, sweating, breathing heavy and talking extremely fast. My friend just stood there in front of me nodding his head.

I finished telling him what had happened. He just stood there with a blank expression on his face with arms crossed in front of him. “Yup, that happens. You want breakfast?”
+3