View Single Post
 1 month ago '16        #146
144000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$10,604   Props total: 14828 14828
 brooklynzfinest said
Fam he said I'm still blazing, going out for the cause. That's not about weed man...nobody smokes weed "for the cause" my guy lol. But ok, agree to disagree there I guess.

And how you're gonna take issue with me dropping the line. I was responding to someone saying that Weezy is 'at that age where it catches up to you.' And I dropped the nas line and the cmon son smiley because dude is about to be 50 in a few years and still could pass for late 30s...looking younger than Weezy. It wasn't to say nas is the healthiest dude lol.

And u may be right with de la, but I can find 'negative' bars from tribe and Mike Jones easily. De la, I'd have to search for, but I'm sure it's there too. Like people in the thread already mentioned, life in of itself is contradictory, so to me, any artist not sounding contradictory ain't well balanced and not telling the full story from all angles.
Alright, fair.

But to be clear: I'm not talking about bars about smoking weed, drinking lean, or even gunplay (in self-defense). Of course there is positive and negative in life.

I'm talking about hypocrisy, and self-contradiction.

What offends me about Nas, is that he sells himself as a revolutionary. And he's not. He is one of "them."

When you really stop to break down his lyrics -- there's nothing there.

It may sound beautiful, aesthetically. But he's talking out of both sides of his mouth.

And in doing so, serving as a tool for the elites; who would never turn a truly revolutionary Black man -- one who was truly an agent of social change, and taking on the system -- into, a, so-called, "billionaire." (Or, whatever that rumor was; few years back).

No, he's being rewarded. Not silenced.

"Ye shall know them, by their fruits." (As well as, their associations.)

But we can leave it there.

Last edited by 144000; 09-11-2019 at 02:55 PM..