View Single Post
 19 years ago '05    
LBoogie2122  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
Props total: 9043 9 K  Slaps total: 1258 1 K
-Rakim recorded a dis cut aimed at 'Kane for "let the rhythm hit 'em" and had a verse on the title track itself aimed at him. 'Kane heard about this and called Rakim to squash it and Rakim went on to scrap the track and remove the verse.
-According to an interview that XXL did with BDK, this is true.

-Q Tip got fuked up so bad by one of the members of Wrexx N Effect that he lost partial sight in one of his eyes.
-If you ever wondered why Q Tip wore a mask in the video for "Hot s3x", this is why. There was also some intervention by a neutral party to squash this beef between Wrecks N Effect and Tribe.

- Main Source (sans Large Pro) ran up in the Wild Pitch offices with machetes looking to behe@d MC Serch (then working as an A&R for the label) after a West Coast promotional tour went sh1tty. MC Serch got wind that they were coming and escaped by crawling over the partial walls for his office and jetting out the back door.

-According to an interview with Stu Fine (can't remember the publication), this is also true. I believe UMC's were also on that tour.

Grandmaster Caz wrote Rappers Delight.
-According to Caz it's true. I don't believe any members of Sugar Hill Gang have fessed up to this yet, but theres a taped interview of Caz on the Wake Up Show from about 8 years ago when he spoke on this.

-Pharrel use to carry records around for Teddy Riley.
-I don't know if Pharrel used to carry records for Teddy but he either wrote Teddy's verse or did the beat for "Rump Shaker". I forgot which one.

good sh1t no?
+1